It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will our soldiers defend a tyrannical government?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I have complete and utter faith in all who serve and have served me and my countrymen and women. I am here to tell you all that no matter what you read here or what you overhear in the streets, I and many others who I know recognize the sacrifices that you have made for yourself, your families and your nation! Should it come down to what we all dread, take what little comfort you can in knowing that should we meet on the battle field, I will lower my weapon and motion you to get behind me.

You have all had your turn at taking point. Please allow me the honor and the right to make my sacrifice for you. I've not feared death for many years. What I have feared is that I would never have the opportunity to return the favor of being in a position of honor for those who have sacrificed for all. May we all find peace in the time ahead and love each other, unconditionally, as I believe it was meant to be. Though I feel it can never be enough, thank you all for your service!

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mypan
To the OP.

Yes, they will, like they are defending this tyrannical government and the one before it and the one before......

Most are brainwashed zombies.

Don't speak on the behalf of individuals you don't represent, keyboard warrior. You're entitled to an opinion, just not the facts.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

I can tell your knowledge of MOUT Ops is quite limited here.You can't use artillery at all without destroying a large area.A lay down is sprayed as that would be the only way to spread an advanced agent(not that I've ever heard of an agent like you've described).That messes things up for your friendlies too.Aircraft would have to be refit to spread such agents,You can't do that from area 51. People would talk...ALOT. Chems are more applicable at the urban level but if they do that the world will get pissed and we will redefine "attrocity" when we catch them.Try rolling down the streets with a biohazard insignia on a tanker truck you'll get stopped.Try parking a civilian tanker on a runway at ANY AFB and unless it's fuel they'll notice.
Your assessment once again only serves to insult us,There are no factual data regarding ANY populace as armed as we are in history nor are there any depicting the superior civilians skill in Marksmanship in such numbers.
MRAPS bother you? Not me thermite is simplicity itself to make sort of a 21st century molotov cocktail that kills tanks.
How do I know?
Training,from 5 years old to shoot for one.Knowing the troops personally is another. Comparing to the two of us I speak from experience, not a book or a website where do you get YOUR info from?
Statistics?
Do you think I am rare,a singular anomaly among vets? I'll just bet you do.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

I'm right there with you, my oath didn't end when I ETS'd, it a lifetime thing. I don't think you could keep that many soldiers quiet, let alone get them all to follow an amoral/unconstitutional order. Soldiers are curious people and we know our environments. I think it comes from long training days and boredom combined with always being just a little more alert after Ft Hood.

These conspiracies are fun to speculate about, and some are even real, but not in this case.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

Don'cha just love how these people tell us about our selves? Kinda makes you think you may have wasted time at Crittenberger.
I try to explain but I guess they think I'm expressing my ego here or something. I cannot reconcile the country going down or losing my values to apathy,death comes first and that is easy for us. So it's like speaking to aliens who have no concept of honor much less respect.
How can they possibly learn the truth?
I sure as hell wouldn't want any of these in MY squad, like in a draft. Yet they make us out to be the bad guys,no different than the S##t who spit on our Viet Nam vets and traumatized them so badly,AND REVELL IN IT TODAY!

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Originally posted by ItsAConspiracy

Or am I wrong? Will soldiers just blindly accept orders and that they're just mindless killing drones?

From 1z observations of how the consciousness can be COLLECTIVLEY manipulated. 1 feels it would require some type of unseen activity to pull the Troops into locations and their Ranks into ACCEPTANCE or ok-Go mode. Those scenarios 1 will allow your imaginations to evaluate.

But it seems the Troops would have to be placed or located first then something happen to trigger a immediate conscious/physical RESPONSE to SOMETHING and then the Soldiers would be already in engage mode consciously and physically dealing with (whatever scenario) In turn the tyrannical government system as shared in OP would basicall implode from within being controlled from out... Which in the end may serve a or one of potential many HIDDEN AGENDA unaware of by those that some may feel are or should be aware..

Interesting OP ItsAConspiracy, Shivery code ORIGINAL;GOLDEN RULE DNA codes within the many & ranks included is why a conscious SHOCK is or would need to be provided to orchestrate.. (whatever scenario)

NAMASTE
LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******

be safe

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Yeah you summed it up pretty much.
I think some of these wish the days of spiting on soldiers were still around.

Most of them are clueless and they definitely will not listen to reason. They have watched too many piss poor movies and have lost the ability to differentiate between fact and fiction.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

They can't make realistic movies because we fight cold.It's kind of boring to watch when you get in the zone and fight like a machine. We seldom miss if they're stupid enough to charge and if it's a clear shot within 100 meters they lose 85% of the time which is why we always win in combat,that and aggression.But we would be horrified to do that in CONUS,I sure as hell don't want to see it.
It really doesn't matter who or what is out there that decision has been made and it is our job to resolve the issue.

The Constitution will decide it for me.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Yes of course, they can't use their weapons on us. They don't have delivery mechanisms for weapons they've already admitted to testing, and there's nothing they can do to stop us from improvising unfindable weapons factories and producing large amounts of thermite and other explosives which we will use to defeat them easily. We have fabulous weapons like no population in history, and it doesn't matter if the people who would attack us have VASTLY superior weapons, the fact of our weapons will render their weapons irrelevant without comparison.

I guess time will tell.
edit on Fri 8 Mar 2013 by The Vagabond because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
From my experience; military personnel are trained to follow orders. If the orders are worded and issued in such a manner as to paint the citizens as the enemy then the Constitution and Bill of Rights will be ignored.

God help us!

It's a brave new world; Orwell and Huxley predicted it... and it's here. Well disguised but evident to those of us that have been around awhile.

The "War without end" will be maintained and protected regardless of what anyone thinks or wants and that includes the American citizens.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
As a member of the US Navy, I must say I do not agree with what the Government is doing now. I would not barge into someones house to see if they had any illegal weapons. I would stand by the civilians side and defend them from those trying to take away those rights. Besides, if they had soldiers storming houses checking for guns then I would have to storm my own house and confiscate my own weapons from myself. Lol. Not going to happen. I'm on the civilians side on this one.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

So how far will they go?
Are they actually stupid enough to try this or is someone else intending the effort to destabilize us ala KGB style tactics?
If so the progs are playing the useless eater roles with great gusto.
I'm just going to be DAMN careful not to get smoked out until its all quite obvious and unfortunately it has to be a national soverignty extinction event.Incrementalism can lose popularity and hitting here and that won't do a thing for them.
I just know I will die inside to fight my own country,I'll take my 20 down before I go.
I hope they send French troops I want a VBL in the worst way.

edit on 9-3-2013 by cavtrooper7 because: Finished my point

edit on 9-3-2013 by cavtrooper7 because: missplled

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

How far do they really have to go? Look at our country right now. They can initiate contact at the time and place of their choosing with any enemy they choose and nobody will intervene. All they have to do is not fix the system and the government will stay occupied by hostile interests, those interests will take our money as they please, and nobody cares about democracy out sovereignty or anything else except bread and circuses. Thr people aren't waiting for a war, they are waiting to see if appeasement will work, and as long as nobody asks fire their heart on a plate they will always appease.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
can't believe I wasted 2 mins reading this crap

the peaceful transition of power from democratic elections and checks and balances prevents this from ever being a problem

in the real world

continue in fantasy world if you must

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join