It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Country people vs. City people in the U.S. C’mon people let’s be realistic!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
To be truthful, I am sick of the stereotypes. Some rural people do hold themselves over urban folk, but by and large, urban folk seem to think that they are superior to those that live in the country. Why would that be?

I’ve seen it firsthand way to many times. I lived in quite a few places across the world and across the U.S. And from what I’ve seen, this is a mainly a U.S. problem.

RedNecks, HillBillies, City Slickers, FlatLanders, etc, etc, etc. T&C forbids the more colorful terms, but I’m sure you’ve heard them.

People that live in both the rural and urban areas ALL provide mutually beneficial benefits.

I will admit that I am a country boy at heart, but have lived in the city as well. Like I have said, I have heard disparaging remarks from my country friends concerning city folk, but I hear all too often demeaning remarks in regards to those living in the country from the city folk.

Cities provide logistics, manufacturing on a large scale, large medical centers, etc.

Rural areas provide crops & meat, manufacturing on a smaller scale, etc. Oh, and they also have a lower crime rate.

Long rant short, we need each other. Stop putting yourself on a pedestal.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Yeah, I've lived in both and it is my choice to be out in the country now, which is where I was raised. I had too many bad experiences in the city.

I don't put my self on a pedestal though. Hard to work in the garden from up there.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

lazy people like labels. what can I tell you. I'd rather one label for all HUman being.. but yeah

when I lived in the UK ..folks thought I was stupid due to my accent.. when I got back here they assumed my lack of accent meant I was a northener... truth is this looking for folks to be like ourselves is bred into our DNA and was once a survival skill.

Now nations use it to play that divde and conquer chess game with satan nonesense when you fail to find commonality with your neighbor.. you lose

that being said I do find those that move to our town to gentrufy it the most stuck up insular preseume everything know nothing fools I shall ever have encountered.. but the common ground I have found is this

Most rich are clueless as to humanity and most poor are clueless how the rich play their money game

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
My wife and I are now "country folk", but we used to live in the city, and we both are MBA's, so thinking we're simple folk would certainly be an incorrect conclusion. I don't think either is better than the other...both have their trash, for instance (as folks call them...). Personally, I don't think any human is "trash", but both have people that would be termed that way.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I've lived in both rural and urban areas for long stretches of time. To be honest, I don't think any of my friends and family wasted time wondering what the other half was doing or how they were living. We had our own issues and problems. Maybe it comes up during election time, but that's about it. In fact, when I lived in a small town I loved being able to get to the big city to do things, and likewise when I lived in Chicago I loved being able to get away to the country to just relax and enjoy nature.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I enjoyed living in the city because I could do things they didn't have any idea of how to do. When I moved back to the country, everybody else could do all the things I could so I didn't get to feel all important anymore

edit on 26-2-2013 by kthxbai because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join