It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria says it's ready for talks with armed rebels

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misbah
Watch the Assad army torturing the civilians they caught and then decide who's good or bad. The rebels (the muslims) aren't allowed to torture or kill prisoners for no reason.

Bull pucky. "Not being allowed to" hasn't stopped 'em yet. If you pick a side in this mess, you're picking the LOSING side - whichever you pick.

But none of these rules are respected in the side of Assad, they're allowed to plunder, rape, kill and slaughter. I really don't even want to recommend you watching them do it on Youtube, It's just disgusting to know that any human can perform such an action.

Welcome to MY world. There are bad people about, and they will do bad things. Always have been, always will be. Ain't NOBODY'S hands clean in this mess, not Assad's, not the "saints" of the rebels. claiming otherwise is living in a dream world that doesn't exist.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

But it is also well known that rebels control a lot of provinces in Northern Aleppo. Most of them are controlled by what the USA calls a recognised terrorist group. If those terrorists are willing to use urban centres as a staging ground, don't you think thats a bit cowardly knowing that its going to put civilians at risk?

Nobody has claimed responsibility for the attack. Car bombs and suicide attacks have been a hallmark of Jabhat al-Nusra, an Islamic militant group that is one of the myriad factions fighting on the rebel side. Nusra fighters, the most effective group on the battlefield, have led assaults on military installations and control swaths of territory in the north, including parts of Aleppo.

Now we need to also understand that those guys are launching similar attacks into government held areas and only a couple of weeks ago a childrens hospital just missed a mortar attack from the rebels. So as much as this is a cruel act, I believe the attacks are directed at the rebels and not civilians.

But there is also evidence that other terrorists are operating in parts of Syria and according to SANA, A Brazilian media outlet reported that they had interviewed one of these foreign fighters on the Turkish border. Terrorists from Kosovo and Chechnya were seen or interviewed.

Brazilian Folha De Sao Paulo newspaper revealed on Monday the presence of terrorists from Chechnya and Kosovo among the armed terrorist groups in Syria.

The newspaper stressed that one of its reporters in the Turkish borders held interviews with foreign gunmen from Chechnya and Kosovo who joined al-Qaeda-linked Jabhat al-Nusra in Syrian cities.

The newspaper reported Abu Dawood, terrorist from Kosovo who joined Jabhat al-Nusra, as saying that he left his university and family to "help Jihadists in Syria."

Now think about this. We know what Chechnyan rebels are capable of and if I remember correctly, the Russian government also killed civilians to end one of their terrorist attacks in a Russian school. These guys kill anyone the see fit whether its children or innocent people. Do you think they should be running around fighting with the Al Nusra front in Syria? These guys are known terrorists.

As for the ceasefire talks or what ever they are called these days, I have seen numerous times the Syrian government put them on the table only to be knocked back by the rebels/terrorists. I don't know whether this is a Western policy knowing that according to them Assad must go regardless.

Now answer me this question.. It is well known that the USA claim they "do not negotiate with terrorists". If this is the case, why should we expect Assad to do the same thing even though he is opening up to this path? Have we gone bonkers? We know that terrorist elements are operating in Syria, Russia would also know that Chechnyans are operating in Syria. Can you see why the Russians would side with the Syrian regime over the rebels? They could be next after Iran of course.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by DarknStormy
Those animals have Jerusalem in their sights from their own admission. They aren't bringing peace to Syria.

You know, I'm so sick of this Middle Eastern pissing contest that I'm ready to let them HAVE Jerusalem. If Israel won't even step in and take control of the Temple Mount from the Waqf, why should I care at all what happens to Jerusalem? Israel seems not to.

Israel are playing with fire as usual. The more threats they can muster to their country, the more justification they have to keep blowing crap up. I don't see their logic bombing sites for the rebels when the rebels have pointed their fingers straight at Israel after they are done in Syria.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
The gap between the Syrian regime and the Rebels is now far too wide to be bridged.

For all the hypocrisy of the regime claiming that they are 'willing to hold talks', it only means one thing in reality - talking down to the rebels and ordering them around, ultimately returning to the status quo of pre-rebellion days whereby the HumanSlayer Assad can slaughter anyone he wishes.

And most certainly the Rebellion is NOT going to accept the regime, not with the wild animal Assad still in charge. Not after 70,000 syrians lay dead on the streets and their homes, and millions more made to suffer in refugee camps.

The ROOT of the problem to peace today thus lays with the HumanSlayer Assad - his presence.

During the rule of China's first emperor, the mortal who united chinese villages into a political socio economic entity - Shih Huang Ti, he was deemed a terrible tyrant by most of the Han chinese, and many suffered under his rule. Many tried to assasinate him, but none were ever successful.

He died a peaceful old age, but his citizens suffered for decades.

And strangely, his empire disintergrated when he died, as various political factions fought one another for supremacy. Emperor's Shih of a thousand year dynasty died with him, for all the might he thought he could hold on to, even to his death.

Equally, we see strong kingdoms throughout the course of human civilisation that rose and fell, and often, those kingdoms fell when the supposedly strong leaders were either assasinated or died in their sleep. Even though the country will fall in chaos, it was only but for a short time, before order returned to the land.

The land and the people are forever. Kings and mortal principalities only come and go.

My point is that, right now, HumanSlayer Assad is IN control of the Regime. He seems invulnerable and invincible, only because of his military might.

However, he, like all tyrants, micro-manages his underlings and dogs, and they will NOT dare take any initiatives without his consent, and there lays the weakness of ALL tyrannies as a political doctrine.

One he is taken out and removed, his dogs will be lost, end up fighting over each other and totally weakened. The HumanSlayer Assad is the only one holding the regime together and is the ROOT of the problem to achieving peace.

Need I say more?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Israel are playing with fire as usual. The more threats they can muster to their country, the more justification they have to keep blowing crap up. I don't see their logic bombing sites for the rebels when the rebels have pointed their fingers straight at Israel after they are done in Syria.

Well, they're surely too bright to think they can make an ally out of the rebels just by blowing some stuff up for them. I'm guessing that with Assad out of the way, they figure they can make short shrift of the Brotherhood when it comes knocking like they did with the UAE, so they are probably thinking that in the end they'll be rid of TWO problems and have a clear path all the way to the Euphrates.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

I have to ask - and I KNOW I'm going to be sorry I did - but why do you single out Assad as a "HumanSlayer" as if he's the only one there with blood on his hands?

AND - have you missed how many of these "rebels" are actually FOREIGNERS? That would make them not "rebels", but rather outside agitators! What do they care, really, about how Assad runs his country? The answer is they don't care how Assad runs it, they only care that THEY run it!

Dig into your history books again, and tell me how well locals fare under foreign occupation by foreign rulers.... Since you're fond of Chinese history, how did they do under the Japanese occupation? Nanking ring any bells?

edit on 2013/2/26 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

I don't see their logic bombing sites for the rebels when the rebels have pointed their fingers straight at Israel after they are done in Syria.

The most I've heard is that Israel bombed two sites that kept weapons from being transported to Lebanon in order to keep them out of the hands of Hezbollah and away from the Israel/Lebanon border. They did that for their own benefit, not Syria's rebels. Or did I miss something.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

No problem. I accept your apology as a first, even though it was not meant for me but rather a perceived attack from me towards you for asking that silly question.

Who took FIRST BLOOD that led to this situation syria is now in. None other then the HumanSlayer Assad when he brutally ordered the mowing down of UNARMED civilians whom were only pleading for succor. Not only that, he sent his military might into Homs province to further mow down unarmed innocent men, women and children.

You think the Free Syrian People will just go quietly like that, after watching their own families, relatives and friends slaughtered?

'The enemy of my enemy is my friend', so the Free Syrian People believed. Afterall, the rest of the world DID NOTHING to help end the bloodshed, only FOREIGNERS did. And these foreigners are but small, but loud and vicious.

In the end, there will be a 2nd war to be fought on syrian soil, and that will be between the radical islamist militants, their supporters and the secular muslim syrians, just as is now happening in Tunisia and Egypt. It is the secular muslim syrians that will be the majority and will win, make no mistakes about that. The world best be prepared for this reality.

Right now, the sole focus is on the micro-managing HumanSlayer Assad. Once he is removed from the picture, in the least, the OUTRIGHT slaughter by the tens of thousands will end, and the real path to democracy will cost lesser lives, a fight that cannot be avoided, as syrians are muslims and must follow the teachings of Prophet Muhammad, who intentionally left no heir or appointed anyone to be a leader to rule over muslims. His message was for the community to rule, and not just one tyrant or a few cronies ruling.

You not only need to read and COMPREHEND history, perhaps a course on anthropology would enlightened your mind. Truth is all that I am fond of, and may it equally be the same for you, one day when you are enlightened.
edit on 26-2-2013 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Iran is Shia. Most of the rest is Sunni. IF you see them BOTH as a problem, what do you care if they kill each other off like two ant hills at war with each other? Let 'em sort it out on their own - the US will NEVER bring "stability" to that region. It's an inhuman task, and we are just human.

I don't care if they kill each other as long as we're able to keep nukes out of everyone's hands in the process. Jihadists don't care who else has nukes.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Unfortunetly a different story is coming straight from Syria. Most of the country still support him for some reason and as for the rebles or the Foreign Coalition, they are losing support each day that goes by. Why would the Syrian people support a group of thugs who chop them to pieces and then send those pieces to their relatives? You want to talk about humanslayers? Look no further than your beloved terrorist organisation.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

I don't see their logic bombing sites for the rebels when the rebels have pointed their fingers straight at Israel after they are done in Syria.

The most I've heard is that Israel bombed two sites that kept weapons from being transported to Lebanon in order to keep them out of the hands of Hezbollah and away from the Israel/Lebanon border. They did that for their own benefit, not Syria's rebels. Or did I miss something.

Well yeah you did. One of the sites wasn't distributing weapons to lebanon, it was a research facility, big difference.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

No problem. I accept your apology as a first, even though it was not meant for me but rather a perceived attack from me towards you for asking that silly question.

Who took FIRST BLOOD that led to this situation syria is now in. None other then the HumanSlayer Assad when he brutally ordered the mowing down of UNARMED civilians whom were only pleading for succor. Not only that, he sent his military might into Homs province to further mow down unarmed innocent men, women and children.

You think the Free Syrian People will just go quietly like that, after watching their own families, relatives and friends slaughtered?

You not only need to read and COMPREHEND history, perhaps a course on anthropology would enlightened your mind. Truth is all that I am fond of, and may it equally be the same for you, one day when you are enlightened.

You do realise that armd gunmen have been accused of attacking Police officers, Doctors, Paramedics and others back when the uprising started? With that men dressed in SAA uniforms were blending in with the protesters? Who took first blood? It was possibly a gang of armed rebels firing on security/public servants. They also blocked every road into Homs so the Army couldn't get in and sort them out.

In a statement to SANA, Director of Homs National Hospital, Ghassan Tannous, said “Six members of the security forces were brought to the hospital Tuesday dawn as they had various injuries after they were shot and physically attacked with sharp tools and batons during their shift at al-Bayyada and al-Hamidiya police stations.”

He added “The injured stressed that about 50 armed men attacked al-Bayyada Police Station at 03:00 a.m. and opened fire at the security members and attacked one of them with batons and sharp tools, indicating that the same scene took place at al-Hamidiya Police Station.”

Cant security forces defend themselves or something?

edit on 26-2-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Now, I realize that the wet dream of the Muslim Brotherhood is to have a caliphate stretching from Algeria to Indonesia, but Iran is a great, big, fat stumbling block smack dab in the middle of their plans. There wouldn't be enough of them left to run a caliphate. Also, you shouldn't confuse the Muslim Brotherhood with "Sunnis" in general. While the MB IS Sunni, not all Sunnis are MB.

I think everyone gives too much credit to the Muslim Brotherhood for acting like moderates (for now). We'll see how moderate they really are and what their true intentions are in Egypt. If the Muslim Brotherhood survives in Egypt, I think we're going to see them turn extreme and become a real threat to themselves ( by turning into another Syria) and to Iran. If the MB wants their caliphate, they're going to have to turn extreme at some point in time.

edit on 26-2-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Well yeah you did. One of the sites wasn't distributing weapons to lebanon, it was a research facility, big difference.

But wasn't the research facility housing biological weapons? That's a threat to everyone in the Middle East.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

Uh, no. Whatever Assad may be, he's no fool, or he wouldn't have been able to run the place this long. You have to ask yourself what precisely precipitated that event on the spur of the instant after so long without one. It wasn't because Assad was having a bad hair day, and decided to take it out on a bunch of "innocents".

It goes right back to those outside agitators I mentioned above. There is ALWAYS a story behind the MSM story. Nothing just falls out of thin air. You didn't really expect the propagandists would actually tell you the back story, did you? The Muslim Brotherhood has been active there a lot longer than they want you to think - you didn't really believe this just happened, that one day a bunch of innocent people just woke up and said "hey Ali, let's go downtown and piss off Assad enough that he mows us all down! Sound like a plan to you?"

Seriously - if he were that evil to begin with, they wouldn't have dared to try - just ask an Iraqi that lived under Hussein.

No, mostly because I'm convinced there ARE no "free Syrian people", nor will there be under the Brotherhood.

Anthropology might help - it tells me a lot about human nature. A course in how countries are destabilized to be ripened for the picking might assist you, but unfortunately I don't think they teach that in the same building they teach anthropology in.

edit on 2013/2/26 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

You are someone who refuses to accept realities and by right I should simply ignore you, but for the sake of the thread, I will reply.

You claimed others were responsible for the slaughters of the Free Syrian People.

But do you have an evidences? None.

What IS TRUE is that the HumanSlayer Assad is the HEAD OF STATE, responsible and is IN CONTROL of security and defences. In the wake of the atrocities, WHAT had he done? Had he investigated those crimes, sought for peace and goodwill?

None. He only FURTHER authorised and sent his war machines to SLAUGHTER HIS OWN CITIZENS in Homs and soon, EVERY province in Syria except for his own clan and supporters. What does that tell you?

Cut trying to fool others here. ATS are not all fools as you think they are with your constant and consistant support for Khameni and Assad.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

But wasn't the research facility housing biological weapons? That's a threat to everyone in the Middle East.

I can understand Israel atacking a convoy off missiles heading to Hezbollah but when you fly your Jets into another country and bomb a research facility I call that an act of war.. Syria could of bombing Israel straight after that and with chemical weapons. Did they? But Israel also done the same thing in Africa not too long ago. They are making a habit of bombing when it suits them.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I don't care if they kill each other as long as we're able to keep nukes out of everyone's hands in the process. Jihadists don't care who else has nukes.

If that is the criteria, it may place me in the unenviable position of being a jihadist - because I don't care who has their own nuke, either. You do realize that the first use will also be the last use, right? The user would be instantly erased by a horrified and scared stupid world, so no net gain for them. It would, in fact, be a net loss.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
No talk with this terrorist apes (responsible for killing 60,000 as the western media claims), no peace with the al Qaida…

I beg president al Assad to kill all these Zionist agents… no talks…

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

I have plenty of evidence, don't you worry about that. I have spent a lot of time researching what is happening over in that part of the world and not just the Western viewpoint unlike yourself. Unlike you I can look at both sides of the equation, understand that one side shouldn't cop the blame of 70,000 murders, understand that Sunni extremists along with their European and North African buddies have hijacked the uprising.

April 2011
May 2011

And these stories run all the way up to the present. If you want evidence, I will give it to you... All you have to do is ask or take a look for yourself. But don't worry, I understand thats beyond you because anything that doesn't involve Western blah isn't credible in your eyes.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join