It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Molon Labe is for morons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I'm sick and tired of seeing people with stickers, shirts and stupid forum signatures with this molon labe garbage.

First of all because most of them would never ever really offer armed resistance to gun confiscation.

Secondly and most importantly it's a flat out lie. They are coming, they are taking your weapons. One new law or registration requirement at a time.

It doesn't matter if it's an increased tax on sporting manufacturers, bans on steel core ammo at public and private ranges or that may years ago they intentionally took the public a step down by taking away access to most military spec weapons - the whole point of the second amendment in the first place. There are some exceptions to that but nowhere near enough for any form of armed resistance.

And what is the problem with some poser and their fake spartan attitudes? - Because molon labe is reactive and in not one is in the spirit of this country or the enemies to it's rights.

Gun control is a proactive measure mostly and you see this wherever there is a ban on something like 50 cal rifles when they have never been used in a crime - aka CA

The only way to fight proactive measures is not with a reactive slogan - it's with proactive action. The NRA in particular is very good at proactive action and if I saw as many NRA stickers as I see of those poser shirts, logos, slogans and remarks there wouldn't be gun control. The NRA is a openly defiant stance, some bizarre saying that relatively few people understand just pushes the issue out further into the fringe.

In a nutshell it's better to push them back from the beach than your front porch.

edit on 25-2-2013 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by circuitsports

Its about crossing a line dude.

Right now, THIS "government" (which I put in quotes for obvious reasons) hasn't crossed that line, YET. You will know it when they do. May I recommend researching what militias are around you, ready and waiting for this "government" to cross that line? You might be surprised what you find.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Your gripe is a valid one for the idiots and fools who are JUST NOW waking up and realizing 'Doh! There is a problem, huh??'. To the Johnny Come Latelys, you make good points for why it's absurd. It is, too.

For the majority of the 100+ Million gun owners in our nation? Stocking was accomplished and COMPLETED, years ago. Factory ammo? lol..... Who needs factory ammunition? Most who could, DID learn reloading a few years ago. Many have the powder, components and equipment to make 10's of thousands of rounds of ammunition ... EACH ... for many years to come and without buying a single item more than is currently sitting in cabinets and on shelves.

It's also a fallacy to look at the Government of today as what will or would be resisted. The Government of today includes 10's of thousands of Cops, Soldiers and First Responders who won't be a part of it, once it crosses different thresholds. Those lines are different for everyone but the time where resistance is more than a concept is a point beyond where that separation has already happened among people. Just my thoughts...

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by fourthmeal

Its about crossing a line dude.

Right now, THIS "government" (which I put in quotes for obvious reasons) hasn't crossed that line, YET. You will know it when they do. May I recommend researching what militias are around you, ready and waiting for this "government" to cross that line? You might be surprised what you find.

Which line?

There is over 20 million people of legal ownership age that cannot own firearms or even vote - 2nd class citizen victims of a system that is supposed to deter criminals and punish them not enslave them after they have paid there debt to society. Why let them out if they are too dangerous to vote?

The line that continually adds millions of people into areas where firearms are severely restricted or banned?

The line where most citizens are not on par with even the most basic military armament the rifle.

The line where you no longer have freedom of religion or the right to pursue happiness? Ask David Koresh and his followers how that worked out for them, or armed resistance? Most people believe everything the news wrote about it which came from information supplied by law enforcement. Evil child raping criminals pretty much sums up their religion by other peoples opinion.

I could go on and on about how the line in the sand is drawn around a toilet ready to be flushed away at a moments notice.

What needs to happen is no longer war on our doorstep but war on theirs. People fighting for the return of thier rights not threatening action if anymore are taken.

edit on 25-2-2013 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

The line of militias being touched.

It is a hard line, but invisible.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I read the title and got ready to stomp but...

I see your point and agree. Not that the saying itself is reactionary but the context in which it is used many times is.

top topics

join