It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Generation of 'X-Men' superhumans could become a reality in 30 years

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
It seems that GM babies are already a reality..

The U.K.'s Daily Mail; however, reported recently that similar GMO babies are already in existence, having been created using similar techniques in women with fertility problems. According to that particular report, at least two babies born using gene-splicing techniques have already been confirmed to possess genes from three different parents, one father and two mothers.

"The fact that the children have inherited the extra genes and incorporated them into their 'germline' means that they will, in turn, be able to pass them on to their own offspring," wrote Michael Hanlon about the issue. "Altering the human germline -- in effect tinkering with the very make-up of our species ... could be used to create new races of humans with extra, desired characteristics such as strength or high intelligence."

Natural News

I can't imagine why anyone would think that altering the natural germline of the human species is a good thing.

But is this genetic manipulation of the human genome safe and ethical? The answer to this, just like to all genetically-modified organisms (GMOs), is a resounding no, as nobody knows for sure what the long-term effects of vandalizing human genes really are until after the irreversible process has been set into motion. And yet this has not stopped OHSU researchers nor their British predecessors who conducted similar experiments back in 2008 from engaging in the abominable practice under the guise of supposedly preventing incurable diseases.

Natural News

IMHO, any GM humans produced should be made sterile. We've already seen major problems from GM crops.

Honestly, I'm glad that I probably won't live long enough to see this....

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Waterdog1

So very true!

First thing that came to mind was: (cue up to around 1:45)

I identified a LOT with this movie when it came out and it has influenced me in many ways.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Teye22

But what if they were made like the Jem'Hadar where they were kept under control using a very similar method?

Maybe one or two might "break out" in a blaze of glory but for the most part they'd probably stay in line.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by KyrieEleison
reply to post by Teye22

Hi Kyrie

But what if they were made like the Jem'Hadar where they were kept under control using a very similar method?

Maybe one or two might "break out" in a blaze of glory but for the most part they'd probably stay in line.

History teaches us that slaves will always revolt at some point, just imagine if you could,
A technically altered Hitler, not the charismatic runt that captured Germany's heart, but a powerful charismatic super being that could 'enlighten' his peers as to a controlling the mere mortals .

Scary stuff

Cody

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
I WANT WINGS AND NIGHT VISION AND SUPER STRENGTH AND ARMORED SKIN...

O.K. O.K.

I'm writing a list you want fries with those wings ?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

No but....OH and Psychic ability like Phoenix too,no wait ,I have a temper scratch that.Just clairvoiance.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Wow that is so cool! I love this kind of thing I think I would be the hulk, what about you guys?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfootgurl

The dad from Firestarter (without the nosebleed-inducing brain hemorrhages).

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

Excellent point!

Seems like it would be more practical to borrow from things already in nature and expand on that.

I just hope they don't go down the road of things like bombardier beetles, my wife barely tolerates the unenhanced abilities I already have...

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by KyrieEleison

Good one
That's a crazy beetle. And that's one we know about. I can only imagine what else we haven't found yet.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Guys...we better hurry the hell up:www.telegraph.co.uk...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join