It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Generation of 'X-Men' superhumans could become a reality in 30 years

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Did a search and didn't find this, if I missed it please feel free to remove this post mods.

I think is interesting and could open up a new can of worms

Basically the M.o.D in Britain has stated that we co could have wolverine type humans by 2045, No doubt Intrepid will be at the front of the queue

Can't seem to use the ex text link at the moment So I'll just copy a paste.

A generation of genetically-modified 'X-Men' superhumans could be among us by 2045, a Ministry of Defence think tank has said.
Advancements in gene technology could help humans gain mutant powers such as the likes of Wolverine, Cyclops and Storm in the popular comic book and movie series, it has been reported.
The MoD's Development Concepts and Doctrine Centre warn however that 'genetic inequality' could result from advancements in biology being unequally shared across society.

Y ou can read the rest here

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Whenever I read stories like these I always think of the line from Jurassic park.

"Yeah, yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn't stop to think if they should"

I see no good coming from this.

edit on 25-2-2013 by Waterdog1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

What is with that date? Is the transhumanist vault set to open that year, releasing " all the wonders we ever did see"?

This is starting to look more and more like our version of the first worlds fair, promising flying cars and weekends on the moon.....

Magical 2045.......yeah. I will believe it when I see it. We are still waiting for hover cars and the homes of tomorrow ...

edit on 25-2-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Waterdog1

Good quote
obviously the military would use any technology first for murderous aims
then no doubt the rich will get it
It may eventually filter down as a non lethal help for us lesser mortals

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The technology for super human muscular development already exists.

For anyone interested, keyword search "myostatin inhibitor" and be shocked to what is already available.

This stuff is way beyond steroids and growth hormone.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

That was an interesting read about myostatin inhibitor
Thanks

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm
The technology for super human muscular development already exists.

For anyone interested, keyword search "myostatin inhibitor" and be shocked to what is already available.

This stuff is way beyond steroids and growth hormone.

Well the theory exists, its not practical yet because they can't control it.

Once they figure out the numbers and develop a way to reverse it the possibilities are really something to look forward to.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
My first thought, whenever ready something like this, is have they already been trying this? Perfected it?

Scary stuff really.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Wow, I can't wait to see humans shoot lasers out of their eyes.
Yeah, i don't think that's going to happen with genetic engineering. Implants maybe. Wolverine...quick healing humans. That I would love to see. This would benefit a whole bunch of people. Would make big pharma real unhappy though so I doubt it's gonna happen. And Storm...unless you can genetically enhance someone to have the powers of HAARP it won't happen. But for the record if they actually do go on the market, I'd probably be one of the first ones in line.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
greatly exaggerating,

Enhanced strength speed and healing maybe, but no weather control or laser eyes lol

I would gladly pay for these modifications combined with some cybernetic implants and im set

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Who's to say they are not already among us?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
My first thought, whenever ready something like this, is have they already been trying this? Perfected it?

Scary stuff really.

It's rare the armed forces make such drastic statements
Unless they know something we don't

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by FuturePeace
greatly exaggerating,

Enhanced strength speed and healing maybe, but no weather control or laser eyes lol

I would gladly pay for these modifications combined with some cybernetic implants and im set

Well the weather control could be problematic. Everyone would be fighting over changing the weather very much like the TV channels.

edit on 25-2-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

But for the record if they actually do go on the market, I'd probably be one of the first ones in line.
reply to post by XLR8R

May I recommend using blunt plastic knives at first.
You know just until you get the hang of it

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Well the weather control could be problematic. Everyone would be fighting over changing the weather very much like the TV channels.
reply to post by elouina

You're right
I have enough difficulty with the missus and the remote

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

We wouldn't want to get an itchy butt during the night I'll tell you that much. On second thought I wouldn't mind I'd heal instantly.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
The actual creation of demi-gods that walk among us...

Hmmm.

Once there are enough of these "mutants" with powers and abilities so different and more powerful from the rest of the masses...

How long do these very human super beings decide they should be running the show and it's their world now, not ours?

~ Cirque

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Congratulations!

This topic and thread has been chosen to be discussed by the ATS LIVE crew this Saturday night between 6-9pm pst (9-12 est) as part of this weeks exciting "Turbo Topics" segment.

We are running 256kbps through the ATS Player but we now run a 32kbps stream for those of you with slower connections and there are also options to listen via other players on our relay site at Illustrial Website. You can also connect to the low bandwidth stream by clicking here to listen to the ATSLive Radio Show on ShoutCast

For more information and past shows, be sure to check out the ATSLive Show Threads Here.

Hope you'll listen in to the show!
Johnny

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
That would be awesome to see, But I doubt they would ever release this publicly, because they will likely have a hard time controlling these people/mutants. and as previously stated, what if they turn against the regular humans, we wouldn't have a standing chance.

But count me in nonetheless

I want Storm's powers, that would be sooooo cool!!! I would fix this global warming and all those droughts in a flash!!

But thats just wishful thinking

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I WANT WINGS AND NIGHT VISION AND SUPER STRENGTH AND ARMORED SKIN...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join