It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1000 year reign of Christ

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 06:45 AM
link   
You know how in the bible its speaks of the thousand year reign of Christ coming to an end? well if we say he was born in about 1 A.D shouldn't his "reign" have come to an end in the year 1000? whatever that means.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 06:55 AM
link   
The 1000 years is after Jesus Christ returns and kills the beast and the false prophet. As we know, the 666 beast hasn't been here yet, so this belongs to the future.

Read the book of Revelation chapter 20.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Well I don't believe in God so I'm just trying to find ways to prove he doesn't exist. I'll go read that chapter now. tanx

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 07:19 AM
link   
disporving the bible is not going to prove god is not present im afraid

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 07:28 AM
link   
not just revelations but the entire bible has prophecy regarding Jesus Christ the Messiah ruling on earth. which is going to be A W E S O M E !!!

all the nations will flow to Israel , all the nations will come to WORSHIP the LORD!

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Don't worry about that I'll see what I can do. *loads rifle*

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by otherwise
The 1000 years is after Jesus Christ returns and kills the beast and the false prophet. As we know, the 666 beast hasn't been here yet, so this belongs to the future.

Read the book of Revelation chapter 20.

Doesn't Killing go against the teachings of Jesus? Wouldn't he just forgive them their sins and go his merry way?

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
If the devil is evil and hates good then why would he punish those who were evil? should he not punish the good souls?

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthStrgnrThanFiction

all the nations will flow to Israel , all the nations will come to WORSHIP the LORD!

What the Hell have you been smokin'? All nations will "Worship" sounds more like Enslavement to me....No where do all peoples or nations follow any "one" Lord/ leader (whatever they're referred to as being) without some form of enforcement..There have always been and will always be those that won't " tow the line" just because they can, and usually, just because they know it'll piss somebody off...

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Hey Atomix... If the god and devil were real, then they're just 2 sides of the same coin. It's all a scam, I mean, the devil's there to temp you. If you sucumb to temptation, then you fall away from god. But, if you resist,and move closer to god via good deeds ..or whatever. Then, they just raise the stakes and temp, or simply punish you even harder,... It's a no win situation either way you look at it.

[edit on 31-10-2004 by thethrall_nb]

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Good point and did anyone see that thread that says Jesus was a bastard and the church tried to cover it up?

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Well, if it was truly an "Immaculate " conception, then Jesus was not the product of Mary and her "Husband" Joseph.... So, technically, unless she was a Nun, and in their sense married to god. He would be a "Bastard" child....

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
what is supposed to happen after the 1000 year reign of christ?

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   
hate to say it thethrall but you sound extremely pessimistic and untrusting of everything. don't get me wrong, i'm not going to tell you jesus is the way, but if god came one day and was able to finally clean things up, then i say hell yeah why not.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atomix
Well I don't believe in God so I'm just trying to find ways to prove he doesn't exist. I'll go read that chapter now. tanx

As you have no understanding, you'll have little chance of disproving. That has to be the worst attempt at describing the Biblical thousand year reign of Christ I've heard yet!!

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555
what is supposed to happen after the 1000 year reign of christ?

the evil spirits will be let back out of hell then start a war where everything is destroyed, evil loses, is tossed back to hell forever, etc

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by thethrall_nb

Doesn't Killing go against the teachings of Jesus? Wouldn't he just forgive them their sins and go his merry way?

The Jesus in Revelation is not the same pacifist as in the rest of the Bible. He does not come back as a lamb but as a lion with sword in hand. A conqueror who will pour out the wrath of God.

That type of stuff, hes not messing around in Rev.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne That has to be the worst attempt at describing the Biblical thousand year reign of Christ I've heard yet!!

FYI I spent alot of time deciding how I would present my theory and now I'm just hurt. If you don't mind I have to go now. I have something in my eye!

[edit on 1/11/04 by Atomix]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Oh, Atom, I am truly and deeply sorry. It was not my intention to harm your delicate feelings, as I am really a loving and kind person.
My feelings are hurt because I hurt your feelings!
I fear we are going to be stuck in a never-ending cycle of hurt feelings. Time to step off of this ride and get a cup of coffee. Let's go!)

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 05:24 AM
link   
mmmmm.............cofeee! hey wait a sec i'm 13, I hate cofee! But I can't turn down a hot drink! Lead on Thomas, lead on!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join