New Obamacare Regulation Invites Whistleblower Complaints

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Who's snitchin' on who? Our snitch president. This is not the first time this admin. has set up a "reporting device" for the good people of America. Remember how the WH encouraged people to report those who were allegedly spreading false information about Obama and his policies in general???

The Obama Truth Team/Attack Watch
www.barackobama.com...

Now This.... in its official capacity... The evolution/devolution of Obamacare continues...

The Affordable Care Act sets up a new arena of whistleblower protections for employees who complain that their company-provided health insurance doesn’t do what it’s supposed to do.

On Friday, the Labor Department’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) published an interim final rule in the Federal Register that establishes procedures and time frames for handling retaliation complaints filed under Section 1558 of the Affordable Care Act.

For example, if an employer-sponsored health plan doesn’t provide an employee with no-cost contraceptives or sterilization – or any other “essential health benefit" -- that employee may complain without fear of retaliation.

Whistleblower complaints may also arise in cases where a large employer does not offer a health insurance plan that meets certain levels of affordability and minimum value. In those cases, the company may be penalized if any of its full-time employees receives a tax credit or subsidy through an Obamacare insurance exchange. That could create an incentive for an employer to fire or lay off an employee.

cnsnews.com...

So, what's next for the Snitch in Chief? Turning in your neighbors who own firearms or those who have stocked up their pantries for WHEN our economy does finally turn to !@#$

Hmmm got this crazy email from a friend the other day...What should I do?

my.barackobama.com...

edit on 25-2-2013 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I'll be honest, if I were a business owner today with the financial means to shut the damn thing down and "Go Galt" as so many have already done, I'd do it n a heartbeat. Who even wants to bother with the efforts, sacrifices and pure back breaking work of building and running a business (We'll just we told we didn't make anyway)?

If Obama knows so much about how to make every state, community and household work? Let HIM make the jobs. He seems such an expert at such things, doesn't he? That unemployment rate has just been showing the fruits of his 4+ years of inspired leadership, eh?

Now a business owner has whole new ways to worry about a pissed off employee screwing them with Uncle Obama? Well.. like I said... I'd pull the plug and screw the jobs that get flushed with yet another business gone under. I know plenty who have done just that with measurable business in the last few months. These are the types of things driving it. Hail to the Community Organizer. What a genius we elected.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Funny to read this new bit and then reflect on how this administration treats the Press reporters who ask challenging questions or how it treats whistle blowers within its own administration at various offices... Whistleblowers have been banished...

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Free healthcare isn't free. Just saying.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Yeah.... Funny you should mention that. Whatever my personal feelings about the boy, isn't Bradley Manning the ultimate whistle blower?

I guess the President sees pretty serious "but"'s involved in defining whistle blower and simple leaky criminal. I'lll bet his 'loyal subjects' would love more guidance from his Highness as to which category gets arrest and disappearing into the federal system ...and which gets praise as a brave thing to do? Consistency is what makes a nation run, isn't it?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Well said! How will the administration crack down on false reports by disgruntled workers? My bet is that they won't even try. Just another way to rock the system to its core for those who wish to do so. Will the new army of IRS agents be unleashed in the crackdown on employers? I smell an Audit apocalypse on the horizon. Every action in Obamacare has been created to serve multiple needs so far and I can clearly see how this will evolve...

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Are you suggesting that employers should be free to fire, lay off, demote, discipline, intimidate, threaten and reassign employees who complain about them?

Are you suggesting that people who are getting illegally cheated by their employers SHOULDN'T be protected from blowing the whistle on said employers?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by jibeho

Are you suggesting that employers should be free to fire, lay off, demote, discipline, intimidate, threaten and reassign employees who complain about them?

Are you suggesting that people who are getting illegally cheated by their employers SHOULDN'T be protected from blowing the whistle on said employers?

Not at all... Did I say that?
I know how this will evolve. and there are already plenty of laws on the books to protect employees from employer retaliation based on complaints of harassment, discrimination, unfair treatment etc etc etc. Just another dozen pages to add to the pile and one more avenue to walk down.

What will this lead to? and who will enforce it?? The new IRS agents needed to implement Obamacare?

Keep sliding down that slide, eventually you will hit the bottom....

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Well. what is your complaint, then? Or maybe you agree with Obama on this? I can't tell from your OP.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
What exactly is the issue?

If the employer isn't complying with the law the employee can report them.... Just like with any other law a employer is breaking.

This is nothing new. Break a labor law and take the chance of your employees reporting you to OSHA.

edit on 25-2-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

What will this lead to? and who will enforce it?? The new IRS agents needed to implement Obamacare?

This*..

Results of the Investigation

If the evidence supports an employee’s claim of
retaliation and a settlement cannot be reached,
OSHA will issue an order requiring the employer
to, as appropriate, reinstate the employee, pay back
wages, restore benefits, and other possible relief to
make the employee whole.

OSHA’s findings and order become the final order
of the Secretary of Labor, unless they are appealed
within 30 days.

After OSHA issues its findings and order, either
party may request a full hearing before an
administrative law judge of the Department of
Labor.

The administrative law judge’s decision and order
may be appealed to the Department’s Administrative Review Board.
If a final agency order is not issued within 210 days
from the date the employee’s complaint is filed, or
within 90 days after the employee receives OSHA’s
findings, then the employee may file a complaint in
the appropriate United States district court, with a
copy provided to OSHA

And the complaint would be handled by OSHA...not the IRS.

www.osha.gov...

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
You know, for those who would see yet more ways to agree with and support the Great Controller In Chief we have leading this nation for a few years now, I'd ask this.

Were the hotlines, whistle blower options and rewards for fraud and bad conduct not already enough? Did we really need yet another publicly touted program to turn our society just a little further toward "Liberty for most and Justice by snitch"?.

Enough Enough Enough I say. We have police, we have regulatory enforcers (actually ordering guns and ammo to the oddest of agencies for that purpose now, too..?? ) and we have PLENTY of civil options for anyone in this nation to pursue. If all that isn't enough?? "Call us and we'll sue for you!!" billboards can be seen around every major city and population center across our country. I know from having seen a good many of them in person during my travels. It's obscene.

Into all this? We even need ASK what the problem is with MORE time, resources and effort spent for yet ANOTHER effort to see citizens play "Gotcha" on each other? Yeah... This is all very Soviet in appearance. We, the good Comrades, need supervised by our fellow Comrades. It's all for our own good, of course.....

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrisMajor
Free healthcare isn't free. Just saying.

Um, the healthcare in the USA isn't free. It's privatized, and employees have to pay for their insurance plan. It isn't free for them either.

Workers’ contributions to their health insurance premiums have grown by 180 percent since 1999. Earnings, meanwhile, have grown just a quarter as fast.

The average health insurance plan offered by a large company now costs $15,745.

That’s the bad news. But there’s also some good news buried in this report: Health insurance premiums rose by 4 percent between 2011 and 2012. That’s not nothing, but it’s a whole lot less than the double-digit premium increases that were common about a decade ago. In fact, since 2004, the Kaiser Family Foundation has not seen any double-digit increases at all. Just like national health expenditures, employer-based premiums are seeing a cost-growth slowdown

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
So if my employer's health care is too costly, or they no longer offer it and have me join the government exchange. Can I file a whistleblower lawsuit against the government for not providing what I need through an exchange?

Barry Soetero = Lawyer
Michele Obama = Lawyer

All the lawsuits will do is increases costs for those that need it.

Mandatory health care alone is unconstitutional. If I have no health care in a tax year AND DON'T USE ANY SERVICES, why should I pay a fine? I didn't burden the system.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Were the hotlines, whistle blower options and rewards for fraud and bad conduct not already enough?

Most laws passed contain information about penalties for breaking that law.
edit on 2/25/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

I read the article. Thanks for caring.
I said.."what will this lead to" What will follow the OSHA report. A little visit by the IRS to ensure that everything is in order. Audit? Who knows. The estimates for the number of New IRS agents needed for obamacare ranges from 1200 to 16500. Quite the gap between numbers depending on which agency you look to for your numbers.

This is all about the continued evolution/devolution of Obamacare. Just as predicted by Pelosi. Everyday its something new. The costs continue to increase along with the largest change to the tax code in US history. All compliments of this legislation. We will soon have the largest bureaucracy ever in our nation all aimed to CONTROL the population. Plain and simple. Furthermore, Sebelius or whoever replaces her will have sweeping authority that is unchecked by our system of checks and balances. Authority to control the actions of OSHA, the IRS and whatever other alphabet agency falls under the scope of Obamacare and HHS.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

Most individual costs for private insurance provided by a US company went up quite a bit in 2012. Some as high as a 20% increase. My plan went up 12% - the reason being there was a two-tiered plan. Can't have that with Obamacare. It made sense for my company as they had two plants. One urban, one rural. They offered a point of service plan for the rural people, and kept are costs low with a PPO plan that worked great for us in the urban area - doctors everywhere by us. Now we pay more so we all have the same plan. Just another one of the items of the bill that was never read, reported, or debated.

Affordable Health Care Act? In what way?
edit on 25-2-2013 by ibiubu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Why would OSHA handle these complaints anyway? Consider the purpose of OSHA.

With the Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970, Congress created the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) to assure safe and healthful working conditions for working men and women by setting and enforcing standards and by providing training, outreach, education and assistance.

But then again they fall under the Dept. of Labor. So just take them off the job of ensuring workplace safety and put them in the position of investigating Obamacare snitch reports.... does not compute...

The Congress declares it to be its purpose and policy, through the exercise of its powers to regulate commerce among the several States and with foreign nations and to provide for the general welfare, to assure so far as possible every working man and woman in the Nation safe and healthful working conditions and to preserve our human resources --

29 USC 651

(1) by encouraging employers and employees in their efforts to reduce the number of occupational safety and health hazards at their places of employment, and to stimulate employers and employees to institute new and to perfect existing programs for providing safe and healthful working conditions;

(2) by providing that employers and employees have separate but dependent responsibilities and rights with respect to achieving safe and healthful working conditions;

So, proper Obamacare compliance now falls under safe and healthful working conditions. Anyone know if pre obamacare health insurance regulation and compliance was ever covered under the scope of OSHA before?

OSHA Jurisdiction:
◾Covers private sector employers
◾Excludes self-employed, family farm workers, and government workers (except in state plan states)
◾Approves and monitors 27 State Plan states which cover private and public sector employees.
◾Assists Federal Agency Programs

OSHA Inspections:
◾Conducted without advance notice
◾On-site inspections, or Phone/Fax investigations
◾Highly-trained compliance officers
◾See Fact Sheet on OSHA Inspections [359 KB PDF*]

Inspection Priorities:
◾Imminent danger
◾Catastrophes
◾Worker complaints and referrals
◾Targeted inspections - high injury/illness rates, severe violators
◾Follow-up inspections

www.osha.gov...

Top 10 most frequently cited OSHA standards

Add Obamacare to that list...

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Were the hotlines, whistle blower options and rewards for fraud and bad conduct not already enough?

Most laws passed contain information about penalties for breaking that law.
edit on 2/25/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

Well, not to put too fine a point on it, but the very definition and pure meaning of the term Law carries compliance by force. Force of penalty, sanction, incarceration or just plain social stigma. Every law, bar none, is based on the threat of force of some form..... So your obvious statement here is baffling.

The problem isn't with the concept of enforcement or reporting. The problem is the active and constant encouragement of citizens to inform on each other. This snitch society is a rather new concept in America, although the concept of informers and block captains on every issue of interest to the Almighty State isn't new outside our nation. Nothing new about this at all.

So.. My problem isn't with a law having means to enforce or report. It's with the unending effort to turn every citizen into a snitch and extension of state enforcement for policy and regulation.

* "United We Stand" Is a concept and reality TPTB will do *ANYTHING* to prevent happening. The endless move to more snitch based enforcement is a powerful force in that direction.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

www.osha.gov...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join