It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1949 Mercury Dwarf Car! Look what a normal guy can do, any car lover will enjoy this greatly!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
This is not a brand new story, I know.....I was emailed this video and I enjoyed it greatly, hopefully you do the same!

This car was at a car show and stole everyone's attention away to this beautiful car!!

I am a car lover, this is absolutely amazing that someone can take the time to build whatever they want...

A regular person making a car out of scrap metal, a refrigerator door and 5 years of time (well spent IMO)

The video is a little over 6 minutes and well worth the watch!

www.varietyvideosllc.com...

It goes to show that normal people (with the proper tools) can make anything they set their mind to......You don't need all the money in the world, power, connections, etc.....

This is truly a masterpiece, and the video shows pictures of his process....

You won't respect this video unless you love cars......I am glad there are normal people that do things like this to prove to the rest of us the old saying....."You can achieve anything you put your mind into"

Well no conspiracy here, sorry
.......I just thought a good video of an average guy would put a smile on your face on Monday morning!!

Let me know what you think of this guys work.....Thanks for stopping by and watching!!
edit on 2/25/2013 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

I want one I want one I want one!

Pretty cool, thanks for sharing.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
That is amazing.
It warms my heart to see there are still true American craftsmen out there.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Just wow, simply wow, what a beautiful car, 5 years in the making, what craftsmanship
S&F OP

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

It reminds me of the Nash Metro, but it was factory made. I have a cousin that likes to restore old cars and I sent the video to him. Thanks for showing something totally out of the ordinary!
BJ

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Not only did the video put a smile on my face, it makes me smile that the replies so far aren't BS and from car lovers also!!

Great to see people appreciate work like this like I do!!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Beautiful work. The amount of dedication to these kind of things is amazing. Definitely a labor of love.

It reminds me of the guy who built the table top replica Ferrari 312 fpb. Everything was hand built to scale.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
He has talent, no doubt. How many clowns can fit in it though?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I've done some A's, a couple T's, A Caprice, and various other little projects, but never could I get something like that done! I wish I was that crafty!

Heres the second last project I've done, the one I'm most proud of, a 3 windowed wildly chopped '47 Chevy 1/2 ton. The cab started life as a cab over reefer wagon once upon a time.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Awesome little car!

I bet that 1.3L pushes it along pretty good, while getting good mileage as well!
edit on 25-2-2013 by garrett5462 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

2nd

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Awesome... plus it has the same quality chassis as a real american car only with an actual reliable engine!

Stings apart... Very nice work

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Beartracker16

you know I was thinking the same thing.It is good to see people still create in the garage..
It's a shame there is'nt more people like this.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
That's incredible! I'd definitely rock on of those little beasties as a daily driver.
Hopefully one day I'll finally be able to buy a house with a decent shed/backyard so I can build/restore a car, it's something I've wanted to do for years..

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing the link with us. Great find. I can't wait to show it to my husband.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
This is so cool I wonder what he had to do to get it street legal, what kind of insurance? Dwarf auto!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

cool car, fugly paint, gawd i cant stand that mint icecream color on houses or cars lol.

is that the style the old cop cars were made of? it looks like some kind of cop/government car, and i love the visor thing on the outside.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CashStronomer

that thing is sick, love black matt and just started getting into older trucks ,

needs some purple and green flames ^^

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Incredible ingenuity, craftsmanship and a ton of hard work!

It's amazing what a skilled craftsman can do when he sets his mind to it. I'm afraid it's becoming a lost art though.

Too many people today can't even change a tire on their car without calling road service.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Great work.

It's good to see there are still people out there who have an eye for detail and the work ethic to see a project through.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join