It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things that now seem to be "above top secret" and thoughts as to why.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
i thought that this was going to start out as a "rant", but the core of what i am bleating about, and i kind of am having a good old moan, is that there is an agenda of disinformation that i feel many people seem to be missing.
i shouldnt get annoyed at people for this, after all it merely shows that those behind this agenda are fulfilling their role with some elan.

so, from recent reading of these pages, i have a few observations of my own, highlighting info that is now apparently "above top secret" as so many people seem oblivious to it.

So here i go......a list of some things that appear "above top secret" nowadays:

Regardless of what some may think, scientists/explorers/archaeologists and so forth want to share incredible findings with the rest of the world just as much as members of these boards. what is wanted by whoever may provide the funding is largely irrelevant where major discoveries are concerned.

Following rigorous procedures to check ones findings/theories before leaping to conclusions and presenting things as fact is a way of not spreading misinfomation.

As well as being a wonderful tool for freedom of information, the internet is the greatest ever means of spreading misinformation and half baked ideas from the public as well as large organisations.

Vested interests, charlatans and those who seek to profit from BS need not only be governments and corporations. many people write books full of total bunk and publishing houses lap them up.

It's much much easier to get hold of source material on ancient texts than many believe (if they have even considered it). they are translated by reliable academics who do it for the love of the work, and are checked and verified by others who are expert in ancient languages etc.

There is a contagious spread of unsourced misinformation, repeatedly passed around and then published as fact.

Just because someone is talking against what is percieved as "the mainstream", it does not neccessarily make them trustworthy or right. sometimes things are widely accepted and part of the mainstream because a wealth of verifiable evidence amounts to proof that it is so.

Our ancient ancestors achieved incredible feats with the most incredible of tools - a brain.

We are all humans, well most of us
, and surprisingly like each other

Question everything, especially why you are questioning everything.

.... i felt it best to keep this brief and not be too specific otherwise firstly i would go full-on rant, and secondly a million different conspiracy theories could be referenced and then debated here.

my point is that misinformation is not simply a case of TPTB keeping information about aliens/our origins/political shenanigans/bloodlines etc from us.

i feel that there is an agenda to keep people "dumbed down", and that starts at removing our ability to examine and process information from a variety of angles, without undue prejudice.

thanks for reading

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Instead of just referring existing texts and links, writing a conclusive article is surprisingly hard. Connecting the dots is not everyday business, so the more it will be contested.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by skalla

although it was initially thought out as a rant thread, you decided that there was something more *sinister* at play. well, it does'nt hurt for anyone to check their facts. unless people are that gullible peace

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

i'm not sure i'm suggesting that it's overly sinister, but i sure feel that there is a paradigm or trend at present that relates to the "deny ignorance" mottos, whereby a sinificant number of members feel that as long they look into the alt/conspiracy side of a topic, then they have no need to look outside of that and examine a broader range of evidence.
i guess i'm making something of an appeal for more members to consider the rational options along side the more alternative ones as well.
there is of course ignorance/an acceptance of misinformation in going to the sources of stories and considering what could be behind the various viewpoints or conclusions.
"Ancient Aliens" and the various talking heads on it are a great example from my viewpoint; i can watch it as pure entertainment without my blood boiling.... however, many take it as gospel - this makes for people becoming victims of disinfo in my opinion - i obviously have a whole heap of reasons for feeling this, as do those who believe what the see on the show. i wont gop into that further as it's just an example and my point is not to debate the validity or otherwise of that show.
misinformation flows both ways, plenty comes via ATS as well as TPTB etc and that's pretty much my point.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by skalla

Do you remember the old story of "The Boy Who Cried Wolf"? You know, the boy would get scared and cry "wolf" and the villagers would come running only to find no evidence of a wolf. After a while the villagers quit coming when he'd alert them, and when the wolf actually showed up no one would come to help the boy. So what would happen if we gave this story a little twist? What if a couple of the villagers were messing with the boys head, hiding in the bushes making growling noises, in an attempt to make the boy seem crazy so that when a wolf finally came nobody would believe him?

This has probably been brought up before, but sometimes I wonder if "TPTB" are figuratively "hiding in the bushes making growling noises". I wonder if the recent (last few years) influx of conspiracy theories have been secretly encouraged if not propagated intentionally so that when a real conspiracy comes along the "villagers" will just ignore the cries of "wolf" as they don't believe them anymore. The MSM seems to be having much fun ridiculing conspiracy theorists recently and are doing a pretty good job of making them look like lunatics. There have always been conspiracy theorists, so it makes me wonder why are they making such a point of this NOW?

While I certainly do not agree with every conspiracy theory that comes along there are a few that merit intense investigation, but as long as people keep falling for some of these illogical "conspiracies" they will continue to be labeled as raving lunatics and when the "wolf" finally arrives no one will bother to listen. I believe there is a possibility that this is being orchestrated intentionally, and the people have been "dumbed down" just enough to make it easy.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by skalla

Got yah..

Let's look at the definition of "disinformation":

Disinformation is intentionally false or inaccurate information that is spread deliberately

wiki

Is anyone doing this intentionally? I highly doubt it. If anyone is suspected of spreading disinformation, how do you tell then?

As you've point out, it works either way, the one thought posting "disinformation" could very well be doing the service of providing information as it is.

But I think I get your point...Peace

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

hey

in many cases i think it is intentional, people make a good living from tv shows and books.. intelligent people spreading unsourced "crud" (damn, must - not - rant) to the public obviously get my goat.
i didnt want to provide examples so as not to get mired down.. but look at things like the annunaki and mohenjo daro... AA theorists largely made up their stuff on the annunaki (or perpetuate earlier theorists creations) - i've read the enuma elish and adapa many times for example and it's misrepresented horribly. there are no sources on mohenjo daro's widely talked about (and often accepted on these pages amongst others) irradiation that dont go round in circles back to folk like childress and coppens.
they build careers on it.
i could go on but am trying not to as my points are general

edit on 25-2-2013 by skalla because: typo

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Gotcha! ATS is representative of the Age of Mistrust. We mistrust everything and everyone, therefore, paradoxically, we'll believe almost anything if couched in terms of a secret being freed from the clutches of those we mistrust. We have a thread today by someone who insists he found a propeller on Mars. (It's a rock.) Frpm Chemtrails to HAARP to alien origins of Mankind many of us hold fast to conspiracy theories that have little basis in fact.

Of course, if you call out these fantasies you are called a "disinformation agent" because you insult the delusions of the believers. The same people who will easily dismiss Christianity as total bunk will turn right around and proclaim Chemtrails are real. It's kind of like saying you know Santa Claus is fake, but, by God, the Easter Bunny is real! Somehow the same people who believe in the Easter Bunny have secretive ways of "knowing" when you are a "paid shill!"

One of the real problems in the subject areas you are mentioning is the glacial like pace of scientific discovery caused, for the most part, by those involved failing to publish their results. I remember one of the complaints about Louis B. Leakey was that he had so many important findings on shelves that he had not written about. It wasn't just a matter of being careful; he just didn't get around to it. The Dead Sea Scrolls is another example. It's a complete scandal that those texts were not released to the world decades sooner than they were. It was just an internal power struggle that prevented it--nothing at all scientific prevented it. It was politics.

It would be quite comical if it weren't so serious. Deny ignorance means you have to deny your own first. ATS has a rather high opinion of itself that is really not justified. There's more crap per byte here than many other more credible places on the Internet.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Are you here to heal the deluded believers? Questioning an official story does not make one a believer. Different people have different opinions. Some are just plain judgemental and offer only negative contributions. The latter is not admirable to say the least.
edit on 25-2-2013 by ibiubu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by skalla

Hehe...yeah, the AA theorist...what could be something valid, is giving a exaggerated twist with that funny-haired looking block.

The attitude and style of presentation straight off the bat is nothing but entertainment to your average-joe?
Some tend to see beyond that, more like weeding out "dis-information", I'd like to think.

I guess I strayed a bit there...but great point.

More people should be weary of "disinformation"..."Sitting on the fence, will only allow for the best view of things up there, than on either side of the fence".

Peace

edit on 25-2-2013 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
One of the primary motivating factors for people who spread their drivel is that it puts food on the table.

There does not need to be any sort of conspiracy involved. It would be akin to making a statement that everyone who robs a bank are all interconnected somehow, when the overwhelming evidence suggests it was each individual crew's own idea.

For an example, I've been recently doing a lot of research about John Todd in an effort to debunk his bunk. This stuff has been circulating around going on four decades now, and even in today's information age where credible evidence is available and abundant, people are still perpetrating the lies as it has wormed its way into urban legend status.

If the message is something people want to hear they are less inclined to do any fact checking on their own. Yet, places like Chick Publications are still eager and willing to provide you with all the information you want, for a fee, of course.

It makes me wonder if there is a conspiracy to eliminate critical thinking.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the concept by Goebbels where if one is going to lie, they should lie big, and keep repeating it. It sounds crazy but it seems to work.

edit on 26-2-2013 by KyrieEleison because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by KyrieEleison

chick tracts! laughably brilliant if it was not for the scarily horrific prejudice and lies that they spread...
now these ones i'm showing are possibly the mildest examples, but as a youngster (and sometimes as an adult) i used to play pen and paper rpgs, so they hold a dear place in heart for their sheer comedic propaganda/disinfo value:

i clearly had some seriously intense occult training as a kid, i thought i was just being a nerd tho, evil tsr/chaosium/iron crown enterprises etc etc etc

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by skalla

Indeed.

Ever since I was a 3rd grader I'd been playing Dungeons & Dragons with my friends, and I remember having to stash some of my books (like the infamous Deities & Demigods or the Fiend Folio) around certain company lest they break down into hysterics.

If nothing else it imparted in me an appreciation for different cultures around the world, and that the better course of action for a level 1 fighter when confronted by Asmodeus might not be an attempt to strangulate him to death with a 50' length of rope.

Alas, just like you I was (is?) just a nerd and a curious one at that, and had zero interest in becoming some ancient god's minion. I guess being able to demonstrate an ability to distinguish between fantasy and reality also helped.

The world would be a better place methinks if people learned how to handle their fears and their approach to the unknown in a more reasoned manner.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by KyrieEleison

quite, i've never been in a real life fight and rolled 1d8 to see how much damage i've done, let alone travelled to another realm except when i used to engage in entirely different risky behaviour as a younger man

perhaps you remember this gem

en.wikipedia.org...
i proper spat the dummy when i saw this load of tosh as a Runequesting pre-teen

Mazes and Monsters, it's a far out game!

"Disinfo" has ofc always had a place in movies, stories etc, it's just a shame that the outcome of this is that a skewed view of reality makes it into the public domain and influences the opinions of many.
edit on 26-2-2013 by skalla because: not paying enough attention to my typing as usual

top topics

join