It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to die is nearing.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
reply to post by randyvs

The best thing I could learn from this life ? I learned early on. Gear up for the next one.

Let's hope then, for your sake, that what you 'learned' is indeed true. I'd hate for that dash to symbolize a waste of time, effort, and space.

It's not a matter of wether something is true it's about how much one has learned which can be processed in the afterlife. Everything has two sides, every situation can be seen from different perspectives, even when something is not right it can lead to something true. Knowledge is intangible and so is the beyond so it might be that it is the only thing one can take with them.

Everything else remains behind, the body like a used car which was a blueprint for the real one which one has to construct themselves and make even more real or leaving property or assets behind as a parting gift to children or completely unknown people so they might get more out of life.

Then there might be roads there and the owners might be so kind to let you use them to see others or you can construct your own if you have studied enough. But I don't believe learning anything is a waste even if it is just to understand others. People recycle stuff now, both material and by the immaterial, for example the idea of a saviour is present in many beliefs, there must have been a first who thought of it and it has been reused by others ever since in various degrees of success.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthling42
But we already live in truth, which is life itself, and truth can never be fully known because it is an ongoing movement, constantly changing.
So what is there to realize? or should we just drop our theoretical truths, and start living.

Do we actually already live in truth? Is that your actual firm conclusion about reality? Have you altogether inspected these presumptions you are making about truth or reality?

Yes, I agree with you that we should drop theoretical beliefs about truth, and actually participate in life fully, but for the purpose of discovering what is true. If you have done that, then that is very very good, in my opinion.

After much consideration and inspection, I came to a different conclusion than you are stating above about reality and life, and so am moved to make the most of my life for the purpose of realizing that which transcends all this arising; but it does not stop me from living - quite the contrary, it greatly serves my living rightly and fully.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by earthling42

i have always said that i want my kids to put " Good Father" on my headstone if they thought i deserved it

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I don't understand the notion of "wasting time". By who's interpretation? Under which set of beliefs and values?

Have I lived a "great" life
Depends who decides to answer for me.

It seems most have made an assessment of me as a loser, burnout, psychotic, or some sort of bizarre genius.

I don't think it's possible to waste time, or live a great life.

I think it's possible to delude yourself into thinking there is purpose. From this state of delusion, we can begin to make value judgments.

Who cares what others think. They, too, will fade into oblivion.

Crazy how much freedom there is in apathy. Wish I would have realized this long ago.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by earthling42

If only we all could live like we were dying, because we are. Unfortunately the realization does not come for many until it is far too late.

Great thread, S+F.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join