Time to die is nearing.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
While young people are coming into the prime of their life, elders have passed that moment a long time ago.
The body ages and with age complications arise within the body.
It does make one aware of death which is nearing, as it should be.
It is just as much a part of life as being born in this world.
Those that have already passed away and are burried have an stone on their grave with the birthdate and date of death, separated by an - between the dates.
That - stands for his or her entire life as a living being on earth.

What would that - represent on your stone?
What did you do with your life?
Are you able to look back at your life and say "yes i have lived a great life"

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by earthling42

I have had a few great times, but a great life? No. And that's fine, I don't ask for one. More important is; have I been nice to people? Have I helped where I could help? Have I been mostly honest, mostly honorable..... Life isn't great, and it isn't meant to be. However, you are, and you are!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   

I try as much to live the path, not the purpose...Yet, a few years ago I was only living for the objective, for a gold... forgetting to live my life as it is... Sometimes we need shake up call ... to wake up... I'm living my life as much as I can, in the context that I live....

When we think we are going to die... We start to live more, helping the others, caring more...and asking to ourselve, if we made the diference in this world...

We count, we can make the diference, we can start a cycle of positive flow... everyday... to and for everyone ...

Make your actions count... In the end, you are going to look back and be proud of your journey.

God see's everything He Is everywhere.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Who's to say what is a "great life"?
I am not famous, rich, or live in a big house. But, I have had fun living my life the way I want. I have a wonderful wife, I can honestly say my 3 kids have been a blessing. I am good to people, even though I don't particularly like people. I am kind to animals, have a sense of responsibility to my community. Yeah, I've had a great life. I don't want it to be over, but if it is, I've had a good run.
My headstone would say Loving Husband and Father. That's good enough for me.
edit on 25-2-2013 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I've enjoyed my time. Travelled a lot, met some great people had some great friends and girlfriends. Few regrets. It could have been a lot worse. Most people on the earth have to live in much worse circumstances.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   

The best thing I could learn from this life ? I learned early on. Gear up for the next one.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I've been through a lot in life. Things I've seen and experienced that I hope no one else will. But my goal in life is to make people smile and happy. And I've done that quite a few times.
Life is an Epic journey, it's like a story, and you're the one telling it, not Morgan Freeman, but you. So cherish life and treat every day like it's your birthday. Because you never know when your story will come to an end.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Yes. Definately. I've done lots, experienced lots, lived my dreams, and then some.

One thing I noticed is that I am not afraid of death, and that sometimes I think I almost wish for it- when I am tired, for example, I think, "This would be a nice moment to just turn the lights off and stop being."

It spurred me to wonder- people that block themselves from achieving and experiencing their dreams, maybe they do so because a part of them worries that they would lose their fear of death..?

That came to mind yesterday, when talking with a friend about my husband getting a very big promotion, which will pretty much makes us rich now. She said, "I'd be afraid my husband would leave me if that happened to him!"

I imagined her subtly undermining his confidence so he would never go after such a very high paid position, so she could feel secure with him. (don't know if she does, do know her hubby is currently unemployed though....)

Then I had this flash of ones mind and body... like a husband and wife, both afraid of the other getting too powerful and dominating, or losing touch with them, and subtly holding each other back, to be sure to stay together.......

....and I thought, trust changes the whole thing, doesn't it???

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

The best thing I could learn from this life ? I learned early on. Gear up for the next one.

Let's hope then, for your sake, that what you 'learned' is indeed true. I'd hate for that dash to symbolize a waste of time, effort, and space.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

What are you going to do in the next life? Geer up for the next life?
When will the final resting place be revealed?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Here is a great poem about the ~ which identifies the time between the birth date and the end date on your headstone. Very good read, insightful and very moving.

lindaellis.net...
edit on 25-2-2013 by jdb51 because: (no reason given)
edit on 25-2-2013 by jdb51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
On my tombstone, I wish it to say:

"If I rise up from this grave, do not attempt to approach. I am a zombie and will not respond to reason. Aim for the head!"

That about sums it up, I think.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
If you zoom in close enough on my "-" you will see 1 massive party, constatly surrounded by awesome people having an absolute ball.

Long may that "-" continue

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

While young people are coming into the prime of their life, elders have passed that moment a long time ago.

While the young are coming into their physical prime, their minds are still so empty...and while very eager, also quite naive.

The body ages and with age complications arise within the body. It does make one aware of death which is nearing, as it should be.

Youth denies mortality upon itself but plays audience to those older around them. On the other side of the room, age recalls its youth but accepts and welcomes its place. Life experience more than offsets the aches and pains of age.

It is just as much a part of life as being born in this world. Those that have already passed away and are burried have an stone on their grave with the birthdate and date of death, separated by an - between the dates. That - stands for his or her entire life as a living being on earth.

What would that - represent on your stone? What did you do with your life?

Here lies a human being who, in his youth, thought he knew everything, but knew nothing.
Here lies a human being who, in time, finally knew more in those last moments than he did in the lifetime before.

See ya on the other side

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

One short life physical.where the body and mind must rest.

One life spiritual that is more to the truth, more abundant, more life.

That's what I think !
edit on 25-2-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I would guess that since most people live in their minds, spending all of their present moments burdened with the past, anxious about the future, the question should be 'Have I lived at all?'

edit on 25-2-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I can only consider my life as true when I utterly surrender to the very Reality that this life already arises in.

Given everything arising only changes and passes away, I cannot help but feel a life not lived for the purpose of ego-transcendence for the sake of realizing Reality or Truth, is a life without real meaning or purpose.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Thanks for all your answers

Bluesma
I would say trust does change everything, it is sad to read that there is no trust but fear.

Visitor2012
That is 'the question', "have I lived at all"
Mostly we are caught in the prison of becoming or burdened with the past, that is a living death.

Breaking with the past means that the future falls away with it, but it is not easely done.
This is also the key of misunderstanding between me and others around me.
They cannot understand that i hold no feelings of hate and frustration towards some people who have hurted me in the past.
Moreover, at the funeral of my mother i said i was proud of her, and gave a little speech that i wrote.
Months later, they altered this speech and returned it to me with a proverbial knife in my back.
At times like that, one finds out what it means to be alone, having no one because nobody seems to understand me.
For me, everyone, no matter what they have done, is able to change.
The winds of time leaves nothing untouched, and if we hold on to the past and the image we have of a certain person, that image will distort the present when i meet that person again.
And we have seen our parents change for the better, becoming loving people instead of depressed and hateful.
Anyway this is getting to personal, so i'll stop here, but your question is the right one

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by bb23108

But we already live in truth, which is life itself, and truth can never be fully known because it is an ongoing movement, constantly changing.
So what is there to realize? or should we just drop our theoretical truths, and start living.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by nothingwrong
I have had a few great times, but a great life? No. And that's fine, I don't ask for one. More important is; have I been nice to people? Have I helped where I could help? Have I been mostly honest, mostly honorable..... Life isn't great, and it isn't meant to be. However, you are, and you are!

Cheers!
I try to remind myself this. Especially now.

You and I are on the same wavelength.
Good journey.

- Lee

top topics

<<   2 >>

join

ATS Live Reality Remix IS ON-AIR! (there are 97 minutes remaining).
ATS Live Radio Presents - Reality Remix Live SE6 EP8 - Season Finale!

atslive.com

hi-def

low-def