It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why was Michelle Obama part of the Oscars?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Taissa

A moment of levity does not destroy a Nation. Did the Taliban sneak in while this was going on? Did a new tax get added ? A major bridge get taken out? Nope.
You just want to gripe about this presidency. Its only four years and then you guys get a shot at it again. Maybe by that time you will find someone who can actually get votes.
Kennedy was the first President to appear on TV. They all have since then. It has not all been official state business either. The people want to know that its leaders are real people with real lives who do things like this. And whats the problem with Beyonce ? She too beautiful or something. Too talented ? What you got ? Bring it. I see that you already believe that the pen is mightier than the sword.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSnow

Please elaborate on that thought. What exactly about her looks is it ? I really want you to round this statement out for me.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

Why? Whats wrong with the movie industry that is so disdainful to you ?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by BigBrotherDarkness

That post makes as much sense as screen doors on a submarine.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

Taken off because it was not nice to the poster. My bad.
edit on 25-2-2013 by karen61560 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

A politicians wife ???? No my friend Katy is a politicians wife. Michelle Obama is the First Lady of the United States. Dont cheapen her title to fit your needs. That cheapens you.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

That crowd supported his election. Thank yous are due. This is called being social. Its a nice thing not a bad thing.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560
reply to post by BigBrotherDarkness

That post makes as much sense as screen doors on a submarine.

Screen doors are good keeps the flies out; just close the hatch before the descent.

So you think that making an appearance had nothing to do with any industry lobby agreements or future ones? The entertainment industry has been lobbying for bills that benefit them; if you're not in bed with them why show up at their house? If you just like them then you can just sit on the couch like everyone else.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61560

Back in the olden days an actor was usually thought no higher than a prostitute or maybe just a little higher but no more.

That was the olden days? No that is today.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   

reply to post by DeadSnow

Please elaborate on that thought. What exactly about her looks is it ? I really want you to round this statement out for me.

It's the way she carries herself around and slaps on that fake smile everywhere she goes. Body language can tell you a lot about a person, did you see the way she hugs her husband? it seems too forced. I can easily say the same thing about Hilary.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

reply to post by WaterBottle

Why? Whats wrong with the movie industry that is so disdainful to you ?

Even the people involved call "tinsel Town" a pit of filth and no place to have a marriage or raise a child.
They think they have the right to destroy hotel rooms and do whatever they please.

From their own mouths. One actor stated that a young man coming into acting had to have gay sex with a producer, he said that is how it works. The young women also have to compromise themselves to get in.

I don't watch trash TV shows, but I watch movies carefully chosen. The persons who are hires to play the parts are PAID. That should be the end of that. If they are good at the job the get paid more!

Why do you see so few new actors? Corruption in the business, there are millions who could do the job well, but we have the same tired old faces every year.

You don't need to worship at the feet of these strangers because they "play" someone you like or admire!

The office and title, of top leader in the nation and power around the world should be treated with some respect.
The persons holding them are temporary they can behave as they please when they leave.

Who do they invite to OUR white house? People who sing stupid songs that have stood up and advocated killing Americans, persons who run around near naked or in raw meat! They invite Madonna who took a name to incite religions and makes a "coffee table book" of herself and others sexually molesting animals.

It is as wrong as the Queen demeaning centuries of Knight-ship by "knighting" ex-US Mayors and scummy singers because she likes a song they sing.

They demean their offices and I find it disgusting.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

reply to post by Char-Lee

That crowd supported his election. Thank yous are due. This is called being social. Its a nice thing not a bad thing.

That is nice, someone willing to speak some truth at least!

Unless you don't realize you just said the office was bought and is being paid for and had nothing to do with the American public.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join