It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Year To The Day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
First post! Usually don't write stories. Might be made up, might be true, might be half and half. Enjoy!

Might suck too
Hope you like, Criticism more then welcome. Or maybe it isn't because its not a story and happened
All in the Eye.

I pound back the Jack and Coke. Guess thats the flavor for tonight. In the bottom of the glass I see my foggy eyes. Distraught with fear and distrust. One year to the day my sister has died. Taken before her twenties in too cruel of a way. As I fight back tears all I hear in the back of my head are the accusations. For years they blamed me. I try to fight back, to get them to understand it wasn't me. I couldn't help it was so dark, I couldn't help who she got in the car with, I tried and still couldn't save her in the end.

Flashback.

Sitting in my room playing Xbox like usual. I keep telling my girlfriend and sister I don't want to go to the party. Finally, they convince me. So I get up and get dressed to impress. My girlfriend gives me that wink like it's going to be one hell of a night. Wouldn't you know it my sister's friend comes over making it four of us. Who is riding with who is discussed. My girlfriend and sister in my girlfriend's all red drop top mustang. My sister's friend and I in my beat up Honda Accord. Let's ride out.

We leave. My car picking up the side street to lead the mustang to our destination. We cruise down the avenue the mustang in tow. Streetlamps flashing by. We pass the railroad tracks and head down the two-way in the swamp. No streetlamps here. Pacing at a cool sixty it gets a little bumpy as always. I glance in my rearview to see how far back the mustang is and it happens. All of a sudden the mustang swerves off the road into the swamp. Swamp mud grips the tire like a glove and acts as a brake. No more headlights.

I slam my brakes and do a one-eighty through the deserted street and into the other lane. I aim my headlights for where I seen them run off at. I scream to my passenger to call 911. I jump in. The mud grips me make every strive a challenge. I finally get water up to my lips. I'm stuck. I'm drowning. The firefighters are pulling me out now while I fight them to get to the car. I am carried back. Not to any kind of comfort. I am thrown in front of state troopers. I am giving a DUI test. I pass. They check my car to see if I ran them off the road I pass. They try to get me admit to trying to hurt them I pass.

My sister is finally pulled out. Mud dripping across her face. As they try to blow life into her her head lolls to the side and her eyes remain on me. They are unable to bring any of them back. I try to come to terms with myself. All I can do is cry.

Flash forward.

I am still accused by family members of killing my baby sister and my girlfriend. They tell me either I ran them off the road or wasn't strong enough to save them when I jumped in. It has gotten to the point where I think screw it and just pour another glass.

One year the day I lost my sister. One year to the day I lost my girlfriend. One year to the day I became a failure. One year to the day I became an alchoolic.
edit on 25-2-2013 by Intrigue89 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-2-2013 by Intrigue89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Intrigue89

Guess didn't catch fire. Well here. True story,
I'll grab pictures of street of it tomorrow. In court for it now. Here the news story.
Sueing DOTD. Not honorable, but for 10 years we have been begging and pleading for stop lights and guard rails but its a tourist road. Story all true. Just bad story telling I guess?

blog.nola.com...

Jeremy Walker
May they rest in peace. Just wanted to make story so all would know. Be careful when you drive.

Save your S&F. I just want people to know what its like to be accused, and for all to drive safe

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Check the comments to see what I fought off. Proven innocent though and still fighting!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Intrigue89
I liked your story but its so sad and i can feel your hurt and what your going through..peace,sugarcookie1 S&F

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   

One year the day I lost my sister. One year to the day I lost my girlfriend. One year to the day I became a failure. One year to the day I became an alchoolic.

You are right where you are supposed to be. Grief can be a longer for some than others thing. Focus on your loss and (try) to let all that other crap like blame and suspicion go. You know how it went down. Miss her. Grieve for her. It is entirely human that you do so. Don't let others pull you down.

When it gets real bad, go outside and howl at the moon. Things happened just exactly the way they were supposed to that night and nothing you or anyone could have done would have changed that.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

I enjoyed your story...then went down to the comment where you said this was true.

I am sorry for your losses. Death does not come easy.

Grief is hard. I've studied it up and down and I still don't grieve the 'right' way.

I will tell you and this is from my experience....alcohol doesn't help...

Good luck to you and if you ever need to chat about how you feel, you can u2u me.

Peace and love
-nat the blue eyed cat-

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Truly sorry to hear that this is a true story. I can't imagine how difficult it must be for you....the anniversary dates are always the hardest.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
When i read your post my heart sank for you. Something happened to me and a group of friends in florida. We had a tyre blow out on the freeway which caused our vehicle to summersault into a swamp. I went to my beautiful friend who was like a sister to me, And she was dead. I tell you the whole of hell cant do to me what seeing her that day did to me. I know what incredible anger and sadness you must hold. But you must let it go or it will destroy you, like it tried to destroy me.No matter what people say they weren't there. They cant be judge and jury to you, It was not your fault. Seek help for your grief and drinking, Theres no shame in seeking a helping hand or crying like a baby. Im sure your sister wouldn't want you to be lost like you are. You can do it, I know you can. Keep fighting and good luck.
edit on 25-2-2013 by TheDoctor46 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join