It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Zombie Pandemic is possible, will Enlightened Beings stay aware if they turn into Zombies?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I know Zombie Pandemic is impossible.

But let's assume it's possible and some of the enlightened people around the world including those in ATS got bitten, infected, and turned into zombies.

Will they stay aware that they're not the zombies?

Note: Don't take this thread seriously. And if someone has created a thread similar to this. I apologize hehe

edit on 24-2-2013 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dodol

Of course not. They just become super powered zombies.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I guess it depends on your interpretation of enlightenment.

But I'll go out on a limb and say "NO"!

Nobody can withstand the bite of the dead! Not even the ATS mods! Mwahahahahh!
edit on 25-2-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Its all very hypothetical, but I would take into account that humans are very willing to manufacture excuses and justify their own behaviour, as a Freudian defense mechanism.

An "aware" Zombie will still lust after *Braaaiiiinnns* but justify their behaviour as being at one with nature, or that God wills it to be so, or that his "spiritual awakening" needs to be shared... and so forth...

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I want to think differently but somethings telling me that the urge to feast on blood and brains will prevail.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by dodol
I know Zombie Pandemic is impossible.

But let's assume it's possible and some of the enlightened people around the world including those in ATS got bitten, infected, and turned into zombies.

Will they stay aware that they're not the zombies?

Note: Don't take this thread seriously. And if someone has created a thread similar to this. I apologize hehe

They'll just be the obnoxious zombies who make sure that everybody hears how enlightened they are for being a zombie and how being "zombie" is the new aspergers. Then they'll post threads on ATS on how their disorder actually makes them even more special and smarter but nobody understands them.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Then there will be the Enlightened Zombie dating services. Easy place for a human fella to find a hook-up.

Hi I'm Tracy! I'm an enlightened zombie. I enjoy aimless walks in the park (sometimes for days) and making grunting sounds when I vomit
Oh and I love fresh brains so if you have those then we definitely have to meat!

Mwahahahha!!!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
If you ask me then zombies are dead carcasses walking around due to a virus and/or parasite, so the host brain is dead, hence the enlightened soul would be out of the zombified body before its a full on zombie.

So no, the enlightened soul would just find another body (reincarnation), come back to kick some zombie ass !!

Namaste.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
If zombies are the dead reanimated,then they truly are only walking lumps of meat.Then the soul has already left.If its merely a virus that attacks living people-and destroys the parts of the brain used for "higher functioning" i dont think the Dalai Lama even has a chance of staying enlightened.Same as a 28days later "rage virus"-no thoughts of rainbows,the Ashtar Command,unicorns+chakra activations-just:I NEED TO KILL-ANYTHING THAT MOVES WILL DO..AHH,THERE'S A DRIFTER,LETS GO GET HIM!!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   

edit on 25-2-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555
reply to post by Cuervo

Then there will be the Enlightened Zombie dating services. Easy place for a human fella to find a hook-up.

Hi I'm Tracy! I'm an enlightened zombie. I enjoy aimless walks in the park (sometimes for days) and making grunting sounds when I vomit
Oh and I love fresh brains so if you have those then we definitely have to meat!

Mwahahahha!!!

Yup,

She's hot!

Peace

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by dodol

If a man can manage to escape death all together than sure enough,

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Considering that the ones whom claim to be "enlightened beings" have had their minds seared through eastern practices of altering consciousness to think that
1) they are "one" with the divine,
2) that reality is just an illusion and
3) that since they are in essence "god", they have no need of salvation

I'd have to say that the "zombie apocalypse" is already well underway.

After all, what is the stated goal of yogic meditation?

"Yoga is the progressive elimination of conscious- ness in order to secure pure Self-awareness. This consciousness must be reduced to ashes, its seeds sterilized so as to render all future consciousness impossible.
The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali

Our Lord Jesus Christ said that in the end of the age, the angels who are harvesters would bundle the tares for burning. Yet the fact that all of these ones claiming to be "enlightened beings" report searing burning as if they are on fire is just overlooked. In fact, they tell their deceived newbies that it's just a normal symptom and to just push through it. One is obviously lying and one is telling the truth. The clay bricks (men) in the tower at Babel were fired. Our God comes down each time that mankind rebuilds that tower and city.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by dodol

To be enlightened usually means overcoming base emotions and desires; it is an appeal to higher reason, and intellectualism. Being one of the undead means being entirely subservient to base emotions and desires, having no higher cognitive resources. Enlightenment goes out the door if you become infected by a zombie.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dodol

Honestly, how old are you, and when exactly did you loose your sense of reality?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

Sunday was so slow news and topic-wise, I actually welcomed this thread , good stuff, can't go wrong with Zombies!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I'd say the soul would no longer be in control of the body.
The soul and body are two separate things,

I've never really thought of it, but you could argue that that is what a zombie really should be defined as. A human body that is disconnected from the soul.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by johncarter
reply to post by dodol

Honestly, how old are you, and when exactly did you loose your sense of reality?

My age is 32

But what kind of reality? This reality or the true reality?

Right now, my reality is torn apart between both (Happened since Dec)
It's a challenging journey.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Let's look at your hypothetical "can't ever happen" scenario really simply:

Zombie's (according to most zombie movies) brains have all but died except the hindbrain or the reptilian brain which drive autonomic functions (things your body does without thinking about it) like breathing. Other things controlled here are movement, balance and survival instincts.

This sounds just like a zombie doesn't it.

But to know for sure what information would be retained in a human brain the cause of the pandemic would have to be known before anyone could really answer that question.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join