It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My UFO story reversal - 10 years in the making.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2

Originally posted by spiritualarchitect
reply to post by mrperplexed

To say your mistaking a flock of birds means everyone else is mistaken means you have not been paying attention to what you are reading.

Did he say that?

Or did YOU just say that?

I did not say that

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrperplexed

To say your mistaking a flock of birds means everyone else is mistaken means you have not been paying attention to what you are reading.

Did he say that?

I did not say that

I know.

Unlike SA, I actually read what you wrote.

This place is a fire hazard, what with all the straw men laying about.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrperplexed

Did he say that?

I did not say that

I know.

Unlike SA, I actually read what you wrote.

This place is a fire hazard, what with all the straw men laying about.

Actually, its been a pretty quiet thread. Surprisingly.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I once saw an orange light in the sky, thought it was a meteorite, turned out to be a chinese lantern. Then I started seeing such regularly. I've seen shooting stars, comeths, airplanes, helis, not even once have I seen anything unusual. And that hasn't changed my thoughts that some people at least some, have seen something I may not be able to identify either. Since I haven;t seen parachutists or sky divers at night, I will have to see something extraordinary than just lights in the sky to consider it an aircraft, yet alone ALIEN

So I don't know what and how some people with their stories see such things...

P.S I remember when I was doing night observations with some telescope yrs ago, some bats were flying above my head, your case may have been bats too. Birds dont usually migrate at night.
edit on 25-2-2013 by ImpactoR because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Interesting story, but don't let the one account of the birds unravel all of your views and studies on UFOs. You said yourself, it has been a while and memory can get a little fuzzy. Keep those eyes to the skies!

Considering I live in Northern Ontario, I do see my fair share of geese flying in V formation, both at night and during the day. One thing to note, especially at night, is that geese constantly "honk" to each other as a form of communication and to maintain the geometric flight formation. Did you happen to hear any "honks"? ...and not the Pinto parked down the street honk lol

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
The thing is, I am flip flopping. My minds eye remembers a very difinitive delta, with crisp sharp edges, no deviation from course, and i remember it looked like it was cutting through the sky at a steady deliberate pace. It had no sound, unlike the second sighting where there was noise toward the end.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
heard of geese?

no - it's a flock of geese

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
heard of geese?

no - it's a flock of geese

Aww Man? I walked right into that one, didn't I? A star for you!!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I live on the West coast and have spent many a moon laying on my back looking up at the stars out of sheer awe and consumables. I have seen the white bellies of a V of geese silently gliding overhead. I can see them because their white bellies are lit by the city lights below. I know they are birds because I can see the edges of their bodies moving (wings flapping) as they cross over. It looks exactly like what they are... a formation of birds led by the most experienced, drafting in each others wake, migrating south.

I have no reason to believe that that would ever look like a delta or triangle "UFO". The two are too dissimilar.

From experience... when you see one, there will be no doubt... you will know it.

It won't "look like" a flock of birds.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
I live on the West coast and have spent many a moon laying on my back looking up at the stars out of sheer awe and consumables. I have seen the white bellies of a V of geese silently gliding overhead. I can see them because their white bellies are lit by the city lights below. I know they are birds because I can see the edges of their bodies moving (wings flapping) as they cross over. It looks exactly like what they are... a formation of birds led by the most experienced, drafting in each others wake, migrating south.

I have no reason to believe that that would ever look like a delta or triangle "UFO". The two are too dissimilar.

From experience... when you see one, there will be no doubt... you will know it.

It won't "look like" a flock of birds.

There was NO white in my first sighting, a complete black mass.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

There was NO white in my first sighting, a complete black mass.

Then how do you figure what you saw was birds... the first time? I ask that because the bird formations I have seen at night are clearly birds. If it was something else then I would not have been so sure. If you are not sure then your first sighting is still a mystery...

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Whatever the case, for these very reasons, eye-witness testimony alone should be considered mostly irrelevant.

Not sure which reasons you are referring to? I can only assume you mean the ideas that you put forth in your post but considering you were not there and your thoughts seem to generalize the situation based off of your own thoughts on the matter, I highly disagree.

Just because the OP believes he saw birds the second time does not discount the first account. It simply means he saw birds the second time. By your own admission, anything that you see on a day to day basis should be considered irrelevant. What can you determine to be true? Only things that you have seen before and can make a comparison against? So by that reasoning, if you had never seen a car turn left, and saw it happen today for the first time then we should consider it irrelevant since you had no basis of comparison?

I have seen two UFO's in my lifetime both in the daytime and neither of which I would consider irrelevant. Your reasoning, to me at least, for finding eye-witness accounts irrelevant seem to be derived from some study you may have seen on court TV or the discovery channel where people are subjugated to a random scenario and then asked to retell their account of said events. To disregard eye-witness accounts as irrelevant is in my honest opinion pure ignorance. Last time I checked, any eye witness account could convict someone in a court of law....so there must be some merit to it.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intrigue89
Never seen birds make a perfect V before. Was the first time you seen this a perfect V and you only know the second time was birds...because it was birds? I have never been visited, but do believe. I will never tell you what to believe. Although could this struggling species really be the only thing? I think not!
edit on 24-2-2013 by Intrigue89 because: (no reason given)

ETA: Star, I'd flag you if I could. Be prepared for the criticism, but stay strong

edit on 24-2-2013 by Intrigue89 because: (no reason given)

I'm in CO and see Canadian geese make near-perfect Vs regularly. Just saying, it's not uncommon.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

What about birds viewed:
1. under unusual conditions,
2. in unfavorable viewing conditions,
3. by the inexperienced, intoxicated, or stupid,
4. or by the fantasy prone?

Birds are always going to be positively identifiable by all individuals 100% of the time?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I wanted to actually mention that as well in my previous post. The geese do go for periods at a time without making any "honks" and silently glide overhead, but if it's silent enough in your area, you might get lucky and hear the sounds of their wings beating...really amazing.

edit on 25-2-2013 by ArchaicDesigns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

mrperplexed, I've had similar experiences! Don't feel like a fool. Misperceptions and faulty memories are an every-day part of being human.

I told a story for years about a triangular UFO sighting I had when I was much younger. It always seemed to me that I told the story the same way every time. It didn't seem like I was changing the details over time. One day I found a drawing of the UFO, a drawing I had made several years earlier. I noticed several details in that drawing deviated significantly from the story as I had been telling it (how I imagined I had always been telling it.) I think the actual process of going over the story again and again, corrupts the memory of it.

How far can memory be changed? Can you go from a rather mundane experience in the moment, to an extraordinary story in retelling after retelling, without the teller even realizing how his memory of the story has changed? I really believe so.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Tearman

You forgot hang gliders. Theres these guys around here that do that too. At night, blacked out or LED lit. Theres video of it somewhere... taken with starlight you can see them. Without it, they just silently drift overhead and blot out the stars in a wedge shape.

Big difference between that and birds. From my perspective anyway. Others have a different take...

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ArchaicDesigns

I wanted to actually mention that as well in my previous post. The geese do go for periods at a time without making any "honks" and silently glide overhead, but if it's silent enough in your area, you might get lucky and hear the sounds of their wings beating...really amazing.

I have heard the occasional distant honk too. They are so far up I can't hear their wings (I live in the city). The strange thing to me was why were they flying so late at night? It was pitch dark but clear skies. They were on a steady course heading south so how were they navigating?

I have also seen bats flit by overhead and the best... screech owls. This one field I was camped in for a summer had Jack Rabbits and the Owls were like white ghosts, their wings totally silent as they hunted at just a 100 feet or less from the ground. You could see them because they were all white and even on dark nights they stood out. When they screeched, it made you shiver. When they caught a young rabbit and carried it off, the screaming of the rabbit was enough to make you cry. You just heard it screaming less and less as it got further and further away.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Well that is indeed stupid, lol. Ye i know birds can look like a perfect V shaped aircraft - was stunned by such an "encounter" at night too, lol. however! 2 years ago, i really saw a V shaped aircraft flying very close over my head and perfectly silent. No lights on it, dark grey color. I would never have notcied it, if it wasnt that close. It was like seeing a shark in the water. Just stunning. Eyes wide open, not breathing and when you try to notice every little detail, its already over.
So what did I see? No idea. An aircraft that's for sure. Maybe a spacecraft? How would i know, ive seen it in air and not in space. I thought it could be some drone. but later i had to admit, that this doesnt make sense. because it was, in the middle of the city. No aircraft would fly on that altitude over a city. A hangglider would have broken his neck, except if he was able to gain latitude again - winternight thermo air dynamics would suggest thats unlikely. I'll never know, but jumping to clonclusion isnt going to answer it. So ye, my advice, be more selfcritical in the future.

edit on 26-2-2013 by CriticalCK because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Nice post. Although one experience should not shake your ET beliefs to their foundation.The large numbers of re-marriage after divorce shows we can all bounce back from a bad experience. Pilot UFO reports with radar hits are hard even for the debunkers to ignore.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join