It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My UFO story reversal - 10 years in the making.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2
reply to post by mrperplexed

Not many such witnesses will admit to doubt after so long... usually they become more convinced and defensive of what they saw. It's refreshing to see here.

Are you sure what you saw back then was the same as what you saw now?

I am not sure they are the same. In my mind it was a solid object, but after seeing the birds...not so sure.

And do you know why when birds fly in a "V" formation one leg of the V is longer than the other?

maybe some are slower

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by maryhinge

was your sighting with the birds the same as your first?

where as you could only see your first sighting from your periferal vision

was that the case with the bird sighting?

The second sighting was at a lower altitude, I initially saw the second sighting from my periferal as a large flying V.

Honestly, the more I play sighting 1 back in my mind it looked like this but completely black. www.hunabku.ca...

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrperplexed

maybe some are slower

More birds on one side.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I have had a similar although less lengthy reversal of thinking in my life. In actual fact, it was the initial expirience that lead me to this site in 2007. I was in my back room, looking out of the window at the veiw above the surrounding houses in my area, playing my bass guitar, when I spotted a glowing orb moving across the sky. I put down my bass, and got closer to the window, observing that the movement of the object seemed irregular, with both altitude changes, direction changes, up and down, side to side. It was soon joined by another, then another, then yet another, until seven such lights were visible.

I knew these things were not choppers or aeroplanes, since traffic from the local airport always moved in much straighter, more logical progression through the air. I snagged up a pair of binoculars, and shouted to my mother, and her friend to come and have a look at these objects, and see if they, and thier greater life expirience could shed a light upon them. At the point at which they arrived to observe with me, some of the lights winked out, and one flared very brightly. Then the dance resumed again, with lights going out, then coming on again, and all the while whirling and moving about one another.

At the time, we could not account for these objects, because they seemed to be quite fast, but also very random in thier formations and movement.

It was only some time later that I realised that what I had seen was a large number of Chinese lanterns, launched from a wedding reception, about ten miles away.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I am not sure they are the same. In my mind it was a solid object, but after seeing the birds...not so sure.

Well then I wouldn't rule anything in or out.

Have you researched for other eyewitness accounts of your initial sighting?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2

Have you researched for other eyewitness accounts of your initial sighting?

I never had. I figured my eyes were so well adjusted to the dark, because I had literally been on my back in pitch blackness talking on the phone looking straight up. If someone were to have come outside from lights inside, they would never be able to see it, nor if they werent looking directly at that part of the sky like I was. I doubt anyone else saw it.

I could probably find the date, or at least the rough time frame if that would help.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I could probably find the date, or at least the rough time frame if that would help.

There are members here who have helped me out with only a rough time frame available.
edit on 25-2-2013 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I have had 3 separate UFO experiences in my life actually 4 technically but none are reliable as I will explain. One experience was real and if I had a camera I could have recorded it however given the location and circumstances I believe it was only unidentifiable do to our ignorance. I was stationed at Redstone Arsenal Alabama which is where they test rockets. It was the weekend and I was going through AIT. The group I was with would by alcohol and because we were under age we would load our rucks and hike to the top of a mountain on base and drink but that weekend it was cordoned off by what looked like SF and they appeared to have live rounds. We were directed back down the mountain. That night we sat by the pick nick tables drinking or concoctions and watched a great light show where the movements were out of this world. I chalk that up to military testing nothing more.

These are not in order. The most recent experience was a few years ago and I was seeing what I thought to be orbs quite frequently but no one else could well it turns out that a cataract was forming on my eye which was remedied with minor surgery.

The one that had me most perplexed was a camping trip in my teens where I spotted a giant cigar shaped UFO with many lights and horrible humming sound come overhead everyone on that trip witnessed it and it at the time but the next day they didn’t remember which would make you think missing time abduction, etc,etc, fill in the blank as to why.

The fourth and final UFO which will explain the third one is as follows. It was Christmas Eve I was 7 and I woke up to reindeer on the roof followed by a sleigh taking off through the night sky. If you guess overactive imagination with extremely lucid dream then you are right. That year my parents shattered my dream.
Eye witness accounts are worthless to me because I know how your mind can play tricks on you. OK the Santa thing wasn’t a UFO but it goes to show that your mind can fabricate very intricate delusions even to the point of filling in colors. I guess I was lucky to realize at a young age that your mind can play such tricks because if I hadn’t I probably would be swearing the cigar shape UFO was real claiming we were abducted or something.

Conclusion eye witness accounts are not credible. I am not saying everyone’s experience can be chalked up o delusion or cataracts but I am saying that without tangible evidence such as a photograph humans are horrible recording devices. Our minds can fill in the blanks without even realizing it.

I also spent a summer when I was 17 following around the Greatfull Dead but that was an entirely different visual experience however it did teach me the power of suggestion can influence or create a shared visual experience .

I am a skeptic but open to the possibility of alien visitation but if there isn’t tangible evidence such as a photograph at the very least I will remain a skeptic .

OP I think it is great that you came forward with your doubts it shows me that you are a rational person. Your first encounter may well have been a UFO but at least you are acknowledging that you are only human.S&F

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Cool, so people are always seeing a V-shaped alien flock of birds and V stands for Visitors?

If you a believer you may feel your belief system is shattered but if you were critically observing the cases, you'd know that yes, there are some real cases of V-shaped aircraft.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I'm curious if you know, or could take a guess, at what type of birds were flying? Also, you say you didn't hear anything? Around here, Indiana, the only birds that fly in a "V" are the Canada geese; and they are very loud. Around here you will hear them before you see them. They honk loudly and the combination of all of their wings makes noise also. There are other types of birds that fly in flocks, but not "V's", but they all make noise.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
my theory:
The UFO is slightly more advanced, it detected your emotions and cloaked itself to look like birds.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Now you have seen the classic V shaped UFO here's a real Shapeshifting UFO for you....

seriously, it's refreshing when someone comes out and admits they are Human after all...we are all capable of being duped..especially after dark....

edit on 25-2-2013 by Soloprotocol because: better vid

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
i can see alot of sightings being trick of the eye or misidentification. my 1 and only sighting from the 80's had so many lights and so many colors i didn't know of anything in the sky that resembled it. i made a thread on it yesterday. There was a picture on the net from a sighting in Conn in 87 that resembled what i saw. why would a ufo be so well lit and draw lots of attention? I don't know. Maybe they are so advanced that being noticed or seen is not an issue for them. I mean what will we do? share our experience on a forum? Call the air force or police? what effect will that have on them if aliens truly exist. Half of the people will think your crazy or seeing things while the other half will explain it away. I honestly doubt being seen is even a concern and to be honest I don't blame them, whoever they may be.
edit on 25-2-2013 by keenmachine because: spelling

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I want to know why one leg of the goose v is longer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550

More birds on that side.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I commend you on your honesty to self. Rarely do we second guess ourselves, especially when the conclusion might make us feel... well, a little silly. Of course, what you saw then and later may have been similar but not exactly the same. But, the choice is yours to make and if you find comfort in your conclusion, then sticking with it is likely the best course.

One of the biggest questions when it comes to aerial phenomena is in how it relates to normal occurrence that is simply mistaken for something else. These are, again, questions we must ask and answer ourselves because we should never surrender such to anyone who... well, just wasn't there to see whatever we saw.

Honesty to self is an unheralded virtue.

S&F for yours.
edit on 25-2-2013 by redoubt because: typos

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550

They take it in turns to lead......the ones flying behind the one in front experience less air friction or something like that...i'm not really explaining this too well....you know what i mean anyway....it's about conserving energy...they dont have to be 50 on one side and 50 on the other as long as they get that V formation roughly right.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
S&F for being honest, although there still are plenty of legitimate UFO sightings. I know, because I've had 2 myself

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

To say your mistaking a flock of birds means everyone else is mistaken means you have not been paying attention to what you are reading.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualarchitect

To say your mistaking a flock of birds means everyone else is mistaken means you have not been paying attention to what you are reading.

Did he say that?

Or did YOU just say that?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join