It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My UFO story reversal - 10 years in the making.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
10 years ago while living in south Florida I had a UFO sighting that is seared into my brain. I remember laying outside on my driveway, having a phone conversation looking up at the stars. Out of the corner of my eye I see a completely silent, completely dark V or delta going across almost directly above me. It was so blended with the sky that if you looked directly at it you couldn't see it well, rather you could see it better from your periferal vision.

Over the past 10 years, I have delved into the UFO lore, recounted my harrowing encounter more times then I can remember and has convinced me beyond a shadow of a doubt that we are being visited.

As it turns out last night I had a repeat encounter. Same V shape, same dark silent mass streaking across the sky. It looked identical... Chills, shock, adrenaline, disbelief all flooded me at once. This time however I was able to see the object a little longer, and was able to see that it was simply a flock of birds at night....

I am shattered... my beliefs of ET have been shaken to their foundation, and I feel like a fool..
edit on 24-2-2013 by mrperplexed because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-2-2013 by mrperplexed because: condensed title

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Never seen birds make a perfect V before. Was the first time you seen this a perfect V and you only know the second time was birds...because it was birds? I have never been visited, but do believe. I will never tell you what to believe. Although could this struggling species really be the only thing? I think not!
edit on 24-2-2013 by Intrigue89 because: (no reason given)

ETA: Star, I'd flag you if I could. Be prepared for the criticism, but stay strong

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mrperplexed

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Eh...never mind. Me not read so good.

edit on 24-2-2013 by bhornbuckle75 because: Yeah, missread it. Me dumb.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

Can't blame the OP for fabricating when he is ultimately suggesting at end he now think it was just birds. Which you are doing under scrutiny of his post and undermining what he is saying.

Not trying to make enemies so soon in my short career here, but I call them like I see them.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intrigue89

Can't blame the OP for fabricating when he is ultimately suggesting at end he now think it was just birds. Which you are doing under scrutiny of his post and undermining what he is saying.

Not trying to make enemies so soon in my short career here, but I call them like I see them.

Nope, it's all good....I simply read it too quickly, and didn't really get the gist of what the OP was saying. My fault for reading while sleepy!

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Thanks for understanding instead of nailing me to the ground:

2nd

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Never seen birds make a perfect V before. Was the first time you seen this a perfect V and you only know the second time was birds...because it was birds? I have never been visited, but do believe. I will never tell you what to believe. Although could this struggling species really be the only thing? I think not!

ETA: Star, I'd flag you if I could. Be prepared for the criticism, but stay strong

Good question. If I did not see the birds separate at the end, the experience would have been identical. I want to believe so badly. Even in my mind, I remember the first sighting actually being like a capital A without the line going through... after seeing these birds... Im not so sure if my memory is accurate.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Well you made a friend in me by coming to my defense

edit on 25-2-2013 by mrperplexed because: typo

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Lights are usually a common occurrence in sightings. I usually believe those to be false. I would hope if you master light speed, you would master not needing lights on your tips
I usually brush them off as one plane or another. I'd take faith in your first seeing as "they" didn't brake the V(and didn't have lights
) that you could have a real sighting. That is if you did watch your first sighting for quite a time.

Side note. If your first sighting was going at same speed as your second. I'd bet birds.

Keep your mind open though. A one way view and mindset is ignorance.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Lights are usually a common occurrence in sightings. I usually believe those to be false. I would hope if you master light speed, you would master not needing lights on your tips
I usually brush them off as one plane or another. I'd take faith in your first seeing as "they" didn't brake the V(and didn't have lights
) that you could have a real sighting. That is if you did watch your first sighting for quite a time.

Side note. If your first sighting was going at same speed as your second. I'd bet birds.

Keep your mind open though. A one way view and mindset is ignorance.

Im just so uncertain of my own memory.. I mean in my memory it was a solid craft much like a boomerang or delta. I dont know if time has filled my head with this, or I just saw birds the first time.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Friend, don't be discouraged, they are here in fl. Watched what you described and my first reaction was that it was birds I was seeing at 3 in the morning. We, my wife and I watched it go slowly overhead and in fact it was a very large flying object. We even used high quality binoculars to aid us, yet most of it could not be seen, very cloaked. We were on our boat anchored off key largo at the time.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Not many such witnesses will admit to doubt after so long... usually they become more convinced and defensive of what they saw. It's refreshing to see here.

Are you sure what you saw back then was the same as what you saw now?

And do you know why when birds fly in a "V" formation one leg of the V is longer than the other?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Never seen birds make a perfect V before.
Ever heard of geese?

At night, the subtleties of whether or not one branch was longer than the other would not be apparent, eh?
edit on 25-2-2013 by JohnnyCanuck because: ...just because.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
This is indeed refreshing, and serves well as a reminder of how terrible eye-witness accounts are.

Too often we hear the "I know what I saw!"

Human beings make for crap observation and recording of any event or phenomenon we have no prior experience with.

Whether you saw birds both times, a UFO both times where you mistook the UFO for birds the second time around, or A UFO the first time and Birds the second, we'll never know for sure.

The best approach is the true open-minded approach where you simply leave it at "unknown" without any speculation until there's data enough to reasonably essay the event.
Too often, "open-minded" is code for 'aliens', where completely objective open-mindedness will be just as equally prepared to accept a mundane explanation as a fantastic explanation, as well as, even more importantly just leaving it at unknown without speculation.

Confirmation of birds the second time around, while indicative that the first time may have also been birds, does not necessarily identify or rule out a factor of unknown on your first sighting.
It's simply indicative that you've made a memory connection in similarities.
We make for crap recording devices, so, who's to say?

Whatever the case, for these very reasons, eye-witness testimony alone should be considered mostly irrelevant.

edit on 25-2-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

was your sighting with the birds the same as your first?

where as you could only see your first sighting from your periferal vision

was that the case with the bird sighting?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
It was 3-something decades ago, and a friend & I were driving around at night, observing what looked like a hovering flying saucer at night. A ring of lights on a saucer rim, rotating around and around. We drove like mad, to get ourselves underneath it, or close as can be, all the while, saying out loud, things like, you can take me, I will go, and you don't have to bring me back! (We hated our loser lives!) So when we got under it, finally, it turned out to be an airplane which was displaying this lighted advertising. But from a certain distance and angle, it appeared like a saucer rim. It was not too long before that, we viewed Spielberg's Close Encounters Of The Third Kind.
Much of what we believe and assume about ufos-and-extraterrestrials, (the human phenomenon of linking ufos with extraterrestrial intelligent life) has been inculcated into us by ufology and entertainment. Both of those, I learned -first hand- are 'Intelligence-Community' heavy. See threads by ATS'r 'The GUT'. For more about that.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Interesting how you attempt to reverse his sighting again, proposing it might have INDEED been an UFO although he confirmed it being birds
By the way, birds DO fly in perfect triangle formations.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
My own story:

Many years ago I had sightings which extremely shook me to the core. I saw orange glowing "orbs" drifting slowly, on one occasion right over our house. I saw them again years later on several occasions. Once even in the day time over a crowded city.

It took me many years to figure out it was actually chinese lanterns (this was before a time where the phrase "chinese lanterns" was even known). I know that many anti-debunkers are reacting negatively when someone just mentions the word "Chinese lanterns" - however I know now they DO exist and can make for very impressive and "non explainable" sightings if someone never saw them before.

As a side-note, you should note how "orange orb" sightings always surge around times like new-years or 4th of July...reason being than many let them fly at such occasions. (I myself saw a bunch of them once in a straight line flying over a city on new years eve while watching fireworks).

Edit:

When i moved to the States (Illinois), I also had a "triangle" sighting shortly thereafter. (Chicago suburbs). I was very excited and even posted in some UFO boards. Here too I had to admit it was geese, seeing that many other occasions followed where I saw geese/birds flying in triangle formation in the US.
edit on 25-2-2013 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

At least you have the balls to admit you saw birds.

But don't let that shatter your thoughts on the possibilities of what's going on, here on Earth.

There are plenty of other people who have seen real UFO's (intelligently controlled) and have no doubt of what they saw. Whether or not Aliens are flying them, is of course up for debate.

Seeing what you saw and coming to the conclusion that it was birds can leave a bitter taste in your mouth. To me, that is a normal part of the process for skywatchers.

In addition to UFOs, I have seen birds, balloons, Chinese Lanterns, hot air balloons, blimps, bats, and much more crap that might be mistaken for UFOs. But, even after seeing all those things.... I'm still 100% sure of the UFOs I saw in the daytime.

If one looks at key UFO events and can piece together History..... logic will tell you that we are being visited by something from somewhere else.
edit on 25-2-2013 by dplum517 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-2-2013 by dplum517 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join