It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evacuate Earth- National Geographic Documentary

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Hi TA thanks for the video.
Why did we go to all the trouble to build all this when we have a perfectly good thou old space station orbiting our earth the MOON??
Cheers

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
perhaps we could go inside the moon if it's hollow. i call dibs on first man IN the moon

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
When the deadly neutron star would close in on earth, I wouldn't evacuate. I would wait for the deadly cataclystic wave of radiation, put a cigarette into my mouth and the moment it hits me, pull on it and say "Thanks for the fire."

Ps.: one giant ship to evacuate earth. A fleet of big ships would be much more clever. Pretty stupid concept if you consider how many guys with phds worked on this documentary.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I'll watch the vid later, but the idea of space arks make me think of WALL-E, where all of humanity left a trashed earth and ended up becoming blobby people in motor chairs.

Rather go out blazing.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Better than any Hollywood blockbuster

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this. I stayed up way past my bedtime watching it, but it was worth the watch. I wonder how the original inhabitants of Earth 2 will feel about our arrival? They better start building their own Ark Ship to flee the impending human disaster.

Sadly I feel as though humanity would not come to together to overcome, even with our ultimate demise at hand.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
The ideal situation would be to find a way to protect the earth, maintain its gravity and tempriture and turn the planet itself into a ship and guide it on its way through space while being able to maintain all basic functions the planet and life needs to go on.

Now that would be the epitome of human advancement if possible.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Thank you very much for putting up this thread. This is an awesome documentary, blatantly honest one and are hard to come by these days.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miccey
And heeeer we go again...
MONEY, POWER, Jealosy....

Thats what gonna get us all killed...

If this scenario would become real..
I would sign up myself and my family
for lifetime labour. To build the ship/ships.
With the ONLY payment be a Ticket and
food and shelter during the build...

Not a bad thought; but in "2012" how many of the chinese workers did you see getting onto the big ships they had built?
Not talking about the "stowaways".
This is always the fate of the pions!
edit on 27-2-2013 by teamcommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
A scenario like this one is doomed to fail if they put all their eggs in one basket... It is all or nothing!

I'd suggest building one person, or maybe family pods... freeze them so there is no deterioration of the bones or muscle, and fire them off to Earth 2.0 I know we can't revive frozen people, but maybe someday.

One big ship has a bigger probability of being hit by a tiny object (meteor, micro meteors, etc, etc) and thus poses a danger to the entire ship and contents. However, if we fired off a billion little pods, some would make it, some would not... But the probability of some people making it are better I think.

Unless Earth 2.0 has a tower defense and takes out the pods one by one.... That would not be good...

But, single pods are probably less expensive to construct than that monster ship they built.

At least build two ships... Doubles mankind's chances of survival.

Anyway, enjoyed the video. s&f.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Heck, I have already shown that within 100 years or less the Solar System is going to be inside a new region of space that has more radiation, it is much hotter than the cloud we have been in the past tens of thousands of years or longer, and has more material, from stardust, to larger meteors.

Ribbon at Edge of Our Solar System: Will the Sun Enter a Million-Degree Cloud of Interstellar Gas?
ScienceDaily (May 24, 2010) — Is the Sun going to enter a million-degree galactic cloud of interstellar gas soon?

Scientists from the Space Research Centre of the Polish Academy of Sciences, Los Alamos National Laboratory, Southwest Research Institute, and Boston University suggest that the ribbon of enhanced emissions of energetic neutral atoms, discovered last year by the NASA Small Explorer satellite IBEX, could be explained by a geometric effect coming up because of the approach of the Sun to the boundary between the Local Cloud of interstellar gas and another cloud of a very hot gas called the Local Bubble. If this hypothesis is correct, IBEX is catching matter from a hot neighboring interstellar cloud, which the Sun might enter in a hundred years.

www.sciencedaily.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/63ffeeb144dd.jpg[/atsimg]

The Sun traveling through the Galaxy happens to cross at the present time a blob of gas about ten light-years across, with a temperature of 6-7 thousand degrees kelvin. This so-called Local Interstellar Cloud is immersed in a much larger expanse of a million-degree hot gas, named the Local Bubble. The energetic neutral atoms (ENA) are generated by charge exchange at the interface between the two gaseous media. ENA can be observed provided the Sun is close enough to the interface. The apparent Ribbon of ENA discovered by the IBEX satellite can be explained by a geometric effect: one observes many more ENA by looking along a line-of-sight almost tangent to the interface than by looking in the perpendicular direction. (Credit: SRC/Tentaris,ACh/Maciej Frolow)

www.sciencedaily.com...

For more information take a look at this link.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The region our Solar System has been in for the past tens of thousands of years and longer is between 6,000-7,000 degrees kelvin. The one our Solar System will enter within 100 years is a MILLION degrees kelvin.

In that link I gave above you will find how interstellar dust has been exponentially increasing which means we are moving into a region with more interstellar dust, more radiation, and which seems to have a strong gravitational pull which is affecting every planet in our Solar System, and even our Sun.

Title:
Is the solar system entering a nearby interstellar cloud
Authors:
Vidal-Madjar, A.; Laurent, C.; Bruston, P.; Audouze, J.
Affiliation:
AA(CNRS, Laboratoire de Physique Stellaire et Planetaire, Verrieres-le-Buisson, Essonne, France), AB(CNRS, Laboratoire de Physique Stellaire et Planetaire, Verrieres-le-Buisson, Essonne, France), AC(CNRS, Laboratoire de Physique Stellaire et Planetaire, Verrieres-le-Buisson, Essonne, France), AD(Meudon Observatoire, Hauts-de-Seine; Paris XI, Universite, Orsay, Essonne, France)
Publication:
Astrophysical Journal, Part 1, vol. 223, July 15, 1978, p. 589-600. (ApJ Homepage)
Publication Date:
07/1978
Category:
Astrophysics
Origin:
STI
NASA/STI Keywords:
Abstract
Observational arguments in favor of such a cloud are presented, and implications of the presence of a nearby cloud are discussed, including possible changes in terrestrial climate. It is suggested that the postulated interstellar cloud should encounter the solar system at some unspecified time in the near future and might have a drastic influence on terrestrial climate in the next 10,000 years.

adsabs.harvard.edu...

You do the math. What they are talking about in that video could very well be similar to what we are heading to.

Since the late 1970s, when it was erroneously still thought this cloud was up to 50,000 years away, scientists knew that as we would get into this new region of space and into the interstellar cloud, it would affect the climate of our planet, as well as the climate of every planet and moon with an atmosphere, which is exactly what has been occurring. But instead of puting the blame where is due, certain people and groups are blaming mankind. and imo they are doing this to control us and make people think these changes can be controlled by governments/people, when in fact we have no control whatsoever.

This website is full of reports about people hearing strange sounds, hearing how apparently tunnels are being excavated throughout not only the U.S., but other countries. We have seen knews of time/disaster capsules having being built with all the seeds the world has "just in case". But isn't strange that all these things, and warnings are happening all together and they are happening more and more often?

I am not sure exactly what will happen once our Solar System neters completely this new region of space. So far we have encountered just some of the material, radiation/energy this new region contains, and look at what has been happening.

You should listen to this.

www.cyberspaceorbit.com...
www.cyberspaceorbit.com...

And do some research on who Father Malachi martin was, and the knowledge he had.

You really think the United States, China, Russia etc are preparing these tunnels for a war against each other when the U.S. government has been selling, and giving U.S. land to these countries?...

They will probalby, and eventually start a global war, but it would be not to compete with each other, but to "cull the human population" so we can be more easily controlled, and they can have complete control over all resources.

Why would all these nations, under the UN, be calling for a One World Government if they were really enemies?... To them the enemies are us, the regular people...

As our Solar System enters this region, resources will become more, and more scarce, and those in power around the world want to make sure they have all resources under their control before we are completely inside this interstellar cloud.

edit on 28-2-2013 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
TA,

Thanks for posting the link to this video. I also watched another video linked off of the same YouTube page. It discussed a few of the theories of First Contact.

I don't think the video adequately addressed some of the support technologies that would be invented to facilitate the construction of this vessel. For instance I was really surprised that they didn't use space elevators instead of chemical rockets to transport the payloads to orbit. I also think that it would take a vast number of robotic devices and other automated systems to build this beast.

I liked the sci-fi Dyson Sphere layout of the Ark. That was beautiful imagery. But from a practical perspective, it is somewhat akin to putting all ones eggs in one basket.

I'm just waiting for some enterprising young executive to create a spin-off of this docudrama that revolves around life on the Ark. Given the choice of single ship, with a single large compartment, the possibilities of disaster-related story lines is endless.

Overall it was well done and captivating. Thanks again.

Thanks,
Dex

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Bookmarking this thread so I can watch the video at a later time.

I love me a good sci-fi movie.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Popcorn doable for this one. It's a bit long, but a worthwhile watch when you get sick of guns, government, and bad ufo youtube videos.

I here you on that.

But I'm sticking it out here with my family.No need to evacuate.
Why prolong it?
I remember that scene in the movie Deep Impact were the daughter was hugging here dad as a giant tsunami washed over them.
That's how I would want it to end.

Strange thing about that wave, the impact was in the north, but the wave came in from the east!

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by VisforVendetta

two thumbs up!

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I've seen this on NatGeo twice, and again via this thread. Every time, what drives a knife in my heart isn't the scenario itself, it's the reactions of the boys at the end, at roughly 1:26:15. It provoked a very visceral reaction the first time I saw the production, and when I saw it the second airing, I was able to put words to it: To witness the destruction of everything humans had ever been, from the very beginning of us, to that exact moment of Earth ceasing to exist, really would be tantamount to watching humanity being erased from existence. The population fragment left behind on that ship still carries on, but they're not going to be the same humans on another world as they were on Earth. Ghosts of our former selves, a faint echo in time.

I like the doomsday scenarios, they're thought-provoking & entertaining, but Evacuate Earth hits a little hard for some reason.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join