It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My ufo sighting from the 80's

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I have been a member of ats for quite a while. I wanted to share a sighting me and my mother had during the mid to late 80's. I know I was in high school which would make it 86-88. it was 2am in the morning and my mother looked out the window, saw this thing flying low in the sky with lights all around it and quickly screamed for me to look. I woke up(i was asleep on couch) and ran to the window. the object seemed to be circular. you could not see for sure but the lights went around the object. The odd thing about this ufo is the lights. They went around in one direction would suddenly stop, then head around the ufo in the opposite direction. The colors were brilliant and yellow, red, blue and white depending on which part was lit up. We ran outside got in the car followed out the road, until it was out of sight. It was amazing. But i was a teenager and into teenage stuff and soon enough I stopped thinking about it. Years later, I mean years as in 20 years, i really got into ufo's, paranormal and conspiracy. i always looked at photos and never saw any that resembled my sighting until I went to ufo casebook and found a pic of a 1987 sighting in Conn. This was what we saw though in the case in Conn people were losing power to their car but as we were a distance away that never happened to us. The lights reminded me of how Christmas lights blink up and down a tree in sequence except these lights went around the object and then as I said changed direction and speed and sometimes brightness. 87 is around the time I would have had this sighting though West Virginia is a distance from Conn, I can't help but think this is the same object. I have not seen another pic or video that resembles this sighting. Also a note, I live 30 minutes from the Wytheville, Va ufo flap also of 87 but in all the pics from there none resemble what We saw. Here is a link to the case. www.ufocasebook.com... If anyone has anymore info about this case please add.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
one note the sight I linked says 85 but all other info on net says 87.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Great thing is it cannot be explained by drones (because of the time though I'm sure some will speculate on when drones were tested) or lantern.
Sounds awesome! My eighties sighting was a blue light that very well may have been Venus :/

Oh well maybe one day

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

i really can't speculate on what it was or who may have been piloting it if indeed that was even the case, but what a sight it was. My mother has passed and it is really a fond memory we shared and the excitement we both had at 2am in the morning on a school night. I thought I'd never see a pic or hear anymore about it until I found this on the net years ago. The lights were the memorable thing. They were so colorful and bright and the whole changing direction thing with no set pattern.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing that.

Here is one of my sightings...

In the year 1999, I was washing dishes and my girlfriend was in the shower at about 10:00pm, ... and I saw a huge blue light come towards my house, and I ran outside and jumped up on the garage roof, ... I could see it just sitting there, a huge strange blue light. No clouds in the sky. And after about 3 minutes, it just de-materialized.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555
Great thing is it cannot be explained by drones (because of the time though I'm sure some will speculate on when drones were tested) or lantern.
Sounds awesome! My eighties sighting was a blue light that very well may have been Venus :/

Oh well maybe one day

Or Jupiter. I see Jupiter a lot around here. However, I just saw a "blue light" that is most likely a star. Pretty bright too. Maybe it wasn't a star >.>
edit on 24-2-2013 by blahxd67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SirGilliganHorry

That sounds like a classic sighting of ball lightning, which has also been described by at least one alternative energy boffin as a quantum macro object.

Do not be fooled by the name ball lightning. There is very little data on how ball lightning is ususally formed (since ball lightning is pretty rare to witness), but it seems that there is no requirement for storms and clouds and other things usually associated with regular lightning.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

there are sightings like these which seem to be a light or some kind of energy, then sightings like mine which were a series of lights around some sort of object and also daylight sightings of saucer like nuts and bolts craft just to name a few. There is so little we know and so many different sightings. I long for some sort of breakthrough, some answers, for some of these mysteries to be solved. I'm in my 40's and my hope is that before I'm gone we can honestly say what or who is flying these things or behind these sightings. 5 years ago I was sure I would know, now as we are no closer now than 50 years ago I may have to deal with the realization that I will never know, but one can dream......

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by keenmachine

Keenmachine, I am also hoping to see some sort of truth revealed at some point. But I have to accept each day as it comes, rather than waste em all waiting for some informational maguffin to ease my curiosity. Theres plenty going on around to fill the time between.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

didn't mean to waste time "waiting" on someone to verify. When i say longing to know what's going on it wasn't really verification from goverment I wish for as much as it was a big event that would be undeniable or for someone to come forward with some great evidence that could stand any scrutiny. Hope you didn't picture me sitting in a rocking chair on the porch rocking the day away with the tv in the house always on waiting for a we interrupt this program for a special announcement.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by keenmachine

God no, never thought that for a moment. But I know precisely what you mean. I think this is the best chance we all have, just the way you describe.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I used to think something was around the corner, just had that feeling, but it faded. Not every ufo is an alien spaceship i know that, but man I wish you could have seen the lights on this thing and it was in the 80's so who knows. It went so slow too and of course no sound but I will never know. I wish I had a pic but i was at least excited to see the conn one and after reading the description I feel sure it was the same object or a similar one. i should have documented the exact date but as i said I was a teenager. Well anyway thanks for the reply.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
been researching this picture more online and found a nice description of this sighting with an almost identical description of the lights as I remember them. it blows me away because this is not your average saucer like or light in the sky sighting. anyway here's the link if anyone is interested. www.temporaldoorway.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I think these UFOs could well be prototype hybrid lighter than air vehicles for cargo lifting. but I can't understand why they were lit up like that. If the USAF was doing this it must have been deliberate, perhaps to track visibility and gather data from the public.

It also doesn't explain why they would invest in this technology so many years later, although notably the USAF cancelled their participation in the project...and yet this should be something that is their area of expertise compared to the US Army.....hmmm.

www.newscientist.com...
edit on 1-3-2013 by ManInAsia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I had a close sighting in '84 in Mt. Lookout(Nicholas county), W.v.. I also have a newspaper clipping from a very detailed sighting in Canvas by many people at church and around the neighborhood. It's quite interesting.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ManInAsia

the sequence of the lights and the fact the lights surrounded a very large circular vehicle made it so astounding maybe we had something like this back in 80's i can't say. Always wondered why the lights would go completely around object at one speed stop in midstream and head in other direction in faster pattern and in so many colors.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

yeah i know where thats it. what was the object like? size and shape?

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   

This was what we saw though in the case in Conn people were losing power to their car but as we were a distance away that never happened to us.

I don't want to be too picky but if you read the report it says cars were pulling over, probably to observe the craft, it doesn't mean they lost power in their car.

Here's an interesting clip, not exactly what you saw, but again very brightly lit for no apparent reason, and flying over a residential area.
www.youtube.com...

This is supposedly a video of the object sighted in the Hudson Valley UFO case.
www.youtube.com...
edit on 3-3-2013 by ManInAsia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

actually it's in the footnotes at bottom of page under physical effect and said possible engine interference not all cars affected. but I did read report and will watch videos you provided. Thanks!

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

ok watched both videos. The first video the object moved at the same speed as the one I saw but the lights seemed to surround a circular object and the lights blinked around it much more rapidly. I know it was a recreation video but I was never under the object as close as in the video but the speed was very similar. The second video was nothing like what I saw though I see your connection on being lit up. The pic I linked earlier is the only pic I've seen close to what I saw.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join