It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Box.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I saw a box in a field today, tattered and broken and sagging in important places, and across it someone had painted one word:

Empty.

The scene made me stop for just a moment and reflect on that thought. How did they know? How did the person who wrote that word know the box was now empty?

The box had lived out its life as any box would. It had carried whatever it was originally meant to carry. It then went on to carry the things other people had put in it, possibly carrying their most precious possessions at some point. It had stored things when others needed them put away, and protected those things. It helped people move when they needed to move, it had lived the life it was meant to live. It had a purpose and had served it admirably.

Now that life was coming to a close. Ragged and tattered it sat alone in a field and to add insult to injury someone had marked it as empty.

I know, I know, it was just a box. I felt there was a lesson in there somewhere though.

Right now there are people in my life, and yours, who are out in a field. It may not matter their age but they are alone, tattered and sagging in the important places. That person may even be you. They are not empty. Some may paint that ugly word across them, as someone did that box, but it’s not true.

You have lived the life you needed to live to learn the things you needed to learn. You have served life well. Still;

I actually picked the box up from the field and took it to work with me and placed it in the recycle bin for cardboard.

I hope should I ever find myself out in a field, painted as empty, someone would do the same for me.

www.mrwupy.com

join