It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello ATS, I finally joined!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I have been a frequent guest reader for at least 2 years, and in the search for news outside of mainstream, I have always checked here to see if others like myself were here talking about it. The comments made by most, after a few pages usually confirmed the same thoughts for me as to whether or not most of it was crap or truly something to consider. I saw some of the really interesting things like the lady that was offering past life readings and got 1000's of responses, to the gun control debate everyone is having, to the end of the world discussions about mayans etc. and laughed a lot at how much some of you rip each other apart with the religion discussion,
but did notice it was probably a good thing when the mods broke some of it up!

I just wanted to say hi, and be a part of a group again. I was on para-united many years ago under a different name, but it wasn't broad enough for discussion as this is. I hope I can learn and contribute, so if I goof at first let me know, because it's been a few years! I have a few interesting stories to tell down the road when I get a chance to post eventually, and have always believed in the study of cryptozoology, paranormal, conspiracies, and how much lamestream media does not tell true fact...EVER!

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Welcome To ATS!

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Welcome officially to the good place.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

I remember you from another thread that I read from a while back, maybe sometime last year? But you were very passionate about it that your ID stood out to me. Maybe I will remember it eventually...but thank you

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Peekingsquatch

Welcome! Can't wait to hear your personal stories you mention. Enjoy! I'm fairly "new" myself and love the freedom that comes with finally taking the plunge so I can join the conversations. Am sure you'll enjoy it too.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Welcome to Madville........................

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Peekingsquatch, welcome to ATS enjoy your stay

NAMASTE*******

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Hola and welcome!

I had checked in with ats for a few years off and on, but finally decide to become a member and contribute and share. It's been great ever since, I hope you too have a great experience as well!

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Welcome to the party.

BTW, new guy buys the beer.

Or at least brings homemade cookies.
edit on 24-2-2013 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Welcome to the party.

BTW, new guy buys the beer.

Or at least brings homemade cookies.
edit on 24-2-2013 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

That's funny I always say that on the elevator here in Vegas, where I live!

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Beer? or Cookies? Truthfully, I'm greedy and want both.

Look forward to seeing ya on the forums.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Text

Hello and welcome to ATS,

Hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

I don't know much about the many workings of the site but do know where you can find help if you need it.

Shalom

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
welcome aboard bud hope you have fun

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Thank you again everybody, I really appreciate it. I'll give you one of my "wtf" stories-

I lived in Michigan for many years but something always had told me inside that something about me could be figured out if I went out west. So when I was 21 (MANY years ago) I finally left and traveled with car, a tent, my dog and about 800 in my pocket, deciding I wanted to find a way to see the world after a bad breakup. The further west I got, the more "familiar" the surroundings became to me, even though I had never been there in my life. Once I got to Colorado especially is when this "feeling" seemed to kick in to high gear.

I did the tourist thing and went to Buffalo Bills grave etc. and somewhere nearby, at a higher elevation, I heard this voice in my head say pull over so I did. I almost instantly knew I needed to walk back in the trees a little ways and there was something there I would recognize. I walked back maybe a good 1/4 mile and ended up realizing I was on some old foot path that was sort of overgrown, and knew that I would end up at an opening in the trees to this beautiful canyon. I was astounded! I had no idea it was there, but something lead me to it and again it seemed so familiar-almost like a memory.

A few things like that happened over the next few years (I could tell you about them for hours) once I got here to Las Vegas, but the biggest of all of it that stood out to me was when I was heading out toward Lincoln county Nevada. As I was driving along with my girl at the time, again this wave of familiarity started up intensely. I asked her to pull over for a minute and got out of the car. She kept asking me if I was alright or carsick, I just told her to hang on. I got on top of a mesa alongside the road and looked out over the area. I closed my eyes for a moment and when I opened them again, I could totally remember this area I was seeing-from a settlers perspective! The area was barren with a slight 2 track coming down from the hills, sort of where the highway area is. That's when it hit me that I REALLY knew why I stopped.

I called for my girl to join me going up the next mesa on foot, and I said I'm going to show you something that I don't know how I know-is here. We walked up the mesa and there it was, the remains of an old rock bed grave...

To this day I don't know who it is, or how I found it with NEVER being there before, but it was almost as if I felt this wave of peace come over me... (true story) I've tried a few things over the years to see if I can figure out how I knew any of this, but to no avail. I figured here would be the better place to share some of this, so hence, here I am!

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Beer of course, my wife always steals the cookies! It must be an inbred thing with filipinas to love sweets and never gain a pound!! Kind of sucks I smell a donut and it goes straight to my A^&%!! lol

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
One time many years ago just after I married I stopped the car and ran into a football field of a nearby school. We both stood out there and stood at the stars. She said what's up? Why you drag me out here? At that moment a bright light shot across the sky. We both stood momentarily dumbfounded and speechless. Most likely it was a meteor but for some reason I knew it was going to be there and must have wanted to witness it. It has made it hard for me to just believe in "just coincidence". I cannot explain it nor do I want to but it has always given me a stronger sense of wonder...

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Welcome To The Community

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Courtesy Is Mandatory.
What are these P F K W S ?
Visit here - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
How to Upload Your Pics & Avatars (also) Need a custom Avatar?
Your Terms and Conditions Of Use (also) Reaffirming ATS Policies

Try Ask ATS to find numerous threads to add your thoughts to now. Once a minimum of 20 posts are made, you'll be able to create your own threads & send out messages to fellow ATS members.

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***

ATS is at times like a rollercoaster ride! As a new member be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let staff know by using the "Alert" function. This will help keep the community, both young and old to further enjoy the ride with you.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Always makes me happy to see someone who's been reading or lurking for a long time finally join !

Welcome to ATS Peekingsquatch !

Have fun & enjoy !!!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
A past life memory or esp perhaps. Hello and welcome!

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Welcome. I was going to make a smart@%# comment about Michigan. (If you like football, you will know why and where I am from) ; ) I lurked too, for a loooong time, time before I joined. I have not started a thread and do not know if I will.
I read the story of you moving west and enjoyed it. On Unsolved Mysteries, (I think more than 20yrs ago) a girl I went to school with played the woman the story was about. She came down here and walked right to a grave she knew was hers in a past life. Something about waiting for a love and something happened and he didn't come. She walked into the freezing river and died. There has to be something to these stories, stories if I have a hard time believing in reincarnation. I can't wait to hear the rest of your stories. VEGAS, Vegas is one of my favorite places. I would so set a tent at Lake Mead and live happily.I LOVE Vegas!!!

new topics

top topics

join