Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Odd transparent lightbulb shaped "rock"/space debris on Mars

page: 1

join

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The Rounded transparent end is elevated above the ground and casting a shadow. The other end seems to have a twist in it and is sitting on the ground.

www.nasa.gov...

I think it could be debris from a crashed orbiter or lander except that the right side looks too much like a rock.

edit on 24-2-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Sorry, but I'm not seeing either "transparent" or "lightbulb" in the rocks.
For it to be either in the scenario you suggest, there would logically have to be a much more obvious spaceship debris. That something like a lightbulb would survive such a scenario is highly doubtful.

Sorry, my eyes say "rocks and shadows".
Again.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I believe you've found a picture of an alligator head sticking out of the surface.

Great find!

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Transparent?
how do you come to that conclusion?

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Unbroken light bulbs just lying around amongst the rocks. That is an amazing find indeed.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
Unbroken light bulbs just lying around amongst the rocks. That is an amazing find indeed.

erm...No I`m "pretty" sure it isn`t a lightbulb, but that`s an interesting guess.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by misscurious
Transparent?

Maybe they are seeing it like an wire whip blender attachment like object...light bulb shape does not seem to fit at all.

Still some interesting shapes in the picture.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I see what you mean, it does look transparent but I wonder if its just a trick of the light and shadows.

Ill SnF this if for no other reason than its the only way I can offer any encouragement to those like yourself and Arken to keep doing what you guys do.

Ive said it before and Ill say it again, When (not if but when) something that is unmistakably not natural or biological is found on Mars we here at ATS will most likely be the first to hear about it due to a thread like this

Once again very interesting

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
I believe you've found a picture of an alligator head sticking out of the surface.

Great find!

Now, now, don`t be silly obviously the alligator head is over here:

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by misscurious
Transparent?

Maybe they are seeing it like an wire whip blender attachment like object...light bulb shape does not seem to fit at all.

Still some interesting shapes in the picture.

Yes! that`s what I see, a wire wisk shape thing. between the dark horizontal "wires" i can see the rocks and soil color changes behind the object.

I checked google to see what some of the crashed landers and obiters looked like but I couldnt match this shape to anything that was visible in the pictures.
i seem to remember that a few missions to mars crashed or just dissappeared, I think there was at least one or two russian missions that crashed.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

That is not an alligator, it is obviously a black and white long haired cat relaxing in the sun. You see whatever you want to see in these pictures. What amazes me is that people dismiss the easy stuff that would be impossible to find on Mars and go for the odd things.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I have not yet taken the position on your find OP, and I do not know if you made this intentional, but on the same line where 'lightbulb' is, little to the left, PETROGLYPHS

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I've seen a lot of these Martian rock look-a-like threads, but this has to be the worst.

Part of me thinks you're trolling, because you can't be serious...

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by Tardacus
The Rounded transparent end is elevated above the ground and casting a shadow.

There's no transparency on that object, if there was any we would be seeing the rocks behind it, and we are not.

And it does not look elevated above the ground, I don't understand how can you see all that.

I think it could be debris from a crashed orbiter or lander except that the right side looks too much like a rock.

Instead of trying to make the right side of the object fit your idea of what the left side is, why don't you try to see the whole object as one piece and try to understand it as such?

Oh, and stop using that version, use the originals, it's always better.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.
edit on 24/2/2013 by ArMaP because: added the "mod" thingy

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I'm with you on that seeming transparent. Strange how it appears like that. Although not so much like a light bulb to me but more like a crystal perhaps that is embedded in yep rock..

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I thought at first you were talking about 'the washer' just below top left-hand corner.
edit on 25-2-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

new topics

top topics

join