Aspartame in Milk Without a Label? Big Dairy Petitions FDA For Approval

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by chrome413

I see the point of adding aspartame to chocolate and other flavored milk products, because all that sugar isn't such a good thing for kids to be consuming.

And aspartame is good for them?

I'd rather kids drink milk with sugar than a disgusting chemical that tastes like draino and has very many adverse health affects.

Monsanto can go to hell.

Do you know the history of how aspartame was approved? It is because Donald Rumsfeld.

Dr. John Olney, who founded the field of neuroscience called excitotoxicity, attempted to stop the approval of aspartame with Attorney James Turner back in 1996. The FDA's own toxicologist, Dr. Adrian Gross told Congress that without a shadow of a doubt, aspartame can cause brain tumors and brain cancer and that it violated the Delaney Amendment, which forbids putting anything in food that is known to cause cancer. According to the top doctors and researchers on this issue, aspartame causes headache, memory loss, seizures, vision loss, coma and cancer. It worsens or mimics the symptoms of such diseases and conditions as fibromyalgia, MS, lupus, ADD, diabetes, Alzheimer's, chronic fatigue and depression. Further dangers highlighted is that aspartame liberates free methyl alcohol. The resulting chronic methanol poisoning affects the dopamine system of the brain causing addiction. Methanol, or wood alcohol, constitutes one third of the aspartame molecule and is classified as a severe metabolic poison and narcotic. How's that Diet Coke treating you now?

So how does Donald Rumsfeld fit in to all this? A little history:

In 1985, Monsanto purchased G.D. Searle, the chemical company that held the patent to aspartame, the active ingredient in NutraSweet. Monsanto was apparently untroubled by aspartame's clouded past, including the report of a 1980 FDA Board of Inquiry, comprised of three independent scientists, which confirmed that it "might induce brain tumors." The FDA had previously banned aspartame based on this finding, only to have then-Searle Chairman Donald Rumsfeld vow to "call in his markers," to get it approved. Here's how it happened:

www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 25-2-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

I personally don't think aspartame is good for anyone, but people do deserve to make a choice as to what's best for them. A lot of people know about aspartame and still choose to consume it. Like I said, my problem is off label usage.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

So cancer/disease causing chemicals should be legal to put in food products?

The only reason why aspartame was approved was because of Rumsfeld and cronies.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

If it's on the label. People have to be smart enough to make decisions for themselves. Who died and made you the boss of everyone?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Apartame is Ecoli poop....why would anyone want to eat crap??

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

If it's on the label, is there also going to be a warning of some type that it's been known to cause cancer? You know, like they do with cigarettes?

Or should it just say: Contains aspartame, caveat emptor, Google it.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrome413

If it's on the label. People have to be smart enough to make decisions for themselves. Who died and made you the boss of everyone?

From the OP

added to milk and other dairy products without a label.

"without a label"

Who died and took your reading ability?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I repeatedly tried to express my views on their "Submit a comment" form and it would not send. Wondering if anyone else had this problem??????

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Theflyingweldsman

You obviously didn't read my original post on the subject. Although I'll give you credit for trying to be cute and show off for everyone.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrome413

Oh ok. So Monsanto should be able to use anti-freeze as the new aspartame. I hear it tastes sweet. People unknowingly drink it and die...WHO CARES!? Their problem, not mine.

We shouldn't boss our corporate overlords around. How evil! They need those profits. All hail Monsanto. Let the free market take care of it.

We should go back to leaded paint and gasoline too...HOW DARE WE BOSS OUR CORPORATE OVERLORDS AROUND!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I already have a “harvest on demand” option in my webshop where members can buy biologic veggies from small farmers and people with veggie gardens. Maybe “milking on demand” might be a good addition too.

Those poison-guys keep opening niche markets for me. Yay!

:-p

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by D.Wolf

Until the jackboots come in and shut you down for selling what they claim is "unsafe", because, you know, their poison is better.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

You're arguing a point other than what's being discussed in the article and the OP. I get it- you think aspartame is bad and should be banned. But the point of the article and the OP is Off-Label usage. Which, if you read, you would know I am against. My personal feelings on the use of aspartame are irrelevant in this instance. If you want to keep attacking me, then OK, if it makes you feel better about yourself. However, if you're going to go all off topic and rant about how aspartame should be banned entirely, then go start your own tread about it- because this one is about it's Off-Label usage.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by crappiekat

I'd have to agree. I think that corporations are gullible, believing the chemical companies sales pitches. Things like "aspartame will increase your sales because this (Fake) brain chemical will make them drink more. Just like they say that glutamates attract people, which they do. Monosodium Glutamate is an attractant. It can raise blood pressure because all glutamates do and it alters perception. More sales by using these hydrolyzed proteins
Then blame salt for causing high bloodpressure and all the resulting side problems that come from high blood pressure from over-consuming Glutamates. I can't stand the taste of added glutamates on food. Aged beef has certain glutamates which are not the same if soy glutamates are added. Plant and animal glutamates are different.

The aspartame isn't natural either, it is a fake asparagaine, which can be used to calm sections of the mind. Aspartame is hard on many organs if used to much. Look at all the stuff that contains it, overconsuming it is not wise. A little doesn't hurt but a little in many products does. Cumulative effects.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
In england we have Aspartame and Sodium Benzoate used extensively in food product's, indeed it is to the degree were it has become vertually impossible to avoid them, now if you ever studied cellular microscopy then you will be familier with Phenylallanine, this is a component of Aspartame that may become liberated in the gut that is used as an Intra-cellular solvent to carry dye's into the cell nucleus and stain the sytoblast's and the cell nucleus, in plain speech it carries substances into the cell's were they can interact with the cell's structure, now coupled with Sodium Benoate which contain's Benzine, Benzine is a known Carcinogen (it trigger's cancer),.

So what happen's when you mix these two CHEMICAL'S in the Natural Chemical, Catalitic and Enzymatic reactor of the human gut with the hundred's of other artificial and natural addative's the food standard's agency's either don't check or are backhanded to look the other way for.

Could it concievably carry the cancer causing agent's into the cell's of the gut or intestine and could it perhap's travel even further in the body?.

Good on you for heighlighting this, I would not want my children drinking this stuff, Monsanto's chemical's are bad enough.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by KyrieEleison

I don't think introducing people to another will become illegal soon.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

Balsam of Peru was used extensively here before and the government limited it's use because of health problems. They allowed Benzoates to be used though which is actually the most active compound of Balsam of Peru which was causing the problems. A lot of people are effected by benzine compounds. Food naturally high in benzoates are tomatoes and oranges. Eat too much of them and your face breaks out. Then you have to go get clearasil and a bunch of other stuff for your body and face. You seem to be well informed on this stuff.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Dude, can I just get fresh clean milk? Is that to much to ask for?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
the whole milk industry is corrupt and gross, knowingly pushing hormone filled milk that is meant for baby cows into our children's mouths, this doesn't surprise me...

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Kuroodo

If you think milk is clean check out ...notmilk.com It will tell you how much pus is allowed in milk.
Milk is not a healthy pro duct. Try almond or rice milk, but Not soy milk. Soy is GMO and 1 cup has
estrogen equal to 3 birth control pills. Too much estrogen is linked to breast and prostate cancer.
Yes, men have too much estrogen in there bodies and causes a decrease in testosterone.

running with the wolves

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join