It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aspartame in Milk Without a Label? Big Dairy Petitions FDA For Approval

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Kids already love milk as it is, why add aspartame to it???

Maybe because its low grade milk.

Some foods the cows eat can give the milk a bad taste.
Add aspartame and artificial flavors and then you can sell the milk to a place where you are likely to get few complaints.
like schools???
If they tried to sell it in store people might not like it and change brands to someone Else's brand.

I have fibromyalgia and can not use aspartame.
Aspartame does not cause fibro but can make it worse by causing fibro flares

If you put aspartame in milk about 5 to 10% of kids will say the milk is sour because they are supertasters
en.wikipedia.org...
chowhound.chow.com...

edit on 24-2-2013 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by topherman420

As Eron mentioned, this will affect a number of milk products, including condensed milk and yogurt. The idea is to change the definition of milk so they do not have to list calorie-free sweeteners.

By avoiding the need to tell the whole truth on the label, they somehow reason this will allow consumers to look at the inaccurate label and "more easily identify its overall nutritional value".

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Have you tried coconut oil? Supposed to work well for that.

coconutoil.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Are they smoking crack?
I read that stuff can cause brain damage, this is not good. I'm assuming of course that the sweetner would only be added to chocolate and strawberry milk, but still. And with no lable, they are just asking for trouble. The FDA would NEVER allow them to do it with no lable thats for sure, however they might allow it in the milk.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I stopped drinking milk a few years ago since I thought something was added causing me problems. However milk is still used in tons of other products that make me believe aspartame would be hard to avoid if it was added without our knowledge. I stopped eating pizza from many places because they apparently sneak in MSG in the sauce without telling people. My body does not like MSG and I wouldn't be surprised if aspartame caused headaches or other problems. These additives make me sick in more ways than one.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyeldfire
reply to post by topherman420

As Eron mentioned, this will affect a number of milk products, including condensed milk and yogurt. The idea is to change the definition of milk so they do not have to list calorie-free sweeteners.

By avoiding the need to tell the whole truth on the label, they somehow reason this will allow consumers to look at the inaccurate label and "more easily identify its overall nutritional value".

Yogurt is one I do enjoy and I really dislike the taste of aspartame, I will be looking closer at my yogurt products from now on.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Viva la veganism!

I haven't looked at it lately, but the website Notmilk.com used to be a great depository of data on milk and other dairy products.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
If it is added to milk then it will be in all milk products: ice cream, cheese, butter, yogurt, cream, etc.
Yep, it one way to depopulate the planet.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

What in God's name?! If this happens, may all involved in making it so die a slow, tortuous death. I'm serious. I would rather have someone punch my children in the gut once a week than give them aspartame. I'm assuming organic milk would be free from the poisons, but for those who buy regular milk...wow. Honestly, I may call it quits on the US, simply because I don't want to face the geometric increase in insurance premiums to pay for the health effects. It's bad enough already paying out the nose for the poor eaters with elective diabetes.

This is absolutely sick, and is 100% proof that there is a conspiracy to make as much of the population sick as possible. May they burn in hell.

ETA: another thought on this - aspartame does break down partially to a formaldehyde molecule under heat (I believe the heat of metabolism is enough to do it to a degree), but higher heat, such as that of, say, the pasteurization process, would definitely do the trick. If they get away with this, i'm thinking i'll buy some, pay to have it tested, and file a lawsuit. Could be a lot of fun, either to expose, or to expose and retire on the backs of their bad (and evil) decision.
edit on 2/24/2013 by dogstar23 because: more stuff

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

If this passes we'll never know what we are getting it in, white, flavored, buttermilk, or other. Raw milk is nearly unobtainable anymore.

Aspartame in MILK? With NO LABLE?? Holy cow (so to speak). Sheesh. Why not powdered sugar on brocolli. It's for the kids health , you know...

I only drink raw milk. I can still get it at a farm nearby, and there is a bill pending here in Texas so the raw milk can be sold at dropofff points, making it even easier to get.

www.legis.state.tx.us...

I'm having a big frosty glass now.

And if somehow the "Official" cow-spout gets shut off, I have other sources. Safe to say I'll never be without.

I trust the food suppliers less and less. I'm growing a ton of vegitables this year, and I successfully petitioned city council here to allow more than 2 backyard chickens. As soon as that passes (hopefully in 2 weeks) I'll have 4-6 chickens poking around the backyard so I'll have fresh eggs.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

To me this is complete BS, I feel the FDA already knows that aspartame caueses cancer and other illnesses as well.

I myself get Migraines from aspartame. it almost caused me to not go into the military. I tryn to stay away from any diet soda, chewing gum or anything else that has it in it.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

I completely relate and I avoid aspartame also
and its because I have a bad reaction to it.

This kind of stuff makes me angry because
aspartame is a poison it is not "good for kids"

Rebel 5

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Hmmmm....Aspartame is known to cause Mitochondrial damage. It can also hurt the Macrophages. I suppose the Macrophage damage is not nearly as bad as that caused by Carrageen.

The natural doping effect of milk isn't good enough, they have to put something in it to take away all our energy production. I'd rather eat asparagus or cabbage than be drugged with dangerous manmade chemicals that have an opposite spin.

So I guess I have to stop drinking milk all together. I guess all smart people will and the milk producers will have to disgard this doping technique or face bankruptcy. I suppose the medical field is going to be happy, this secures their business.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Ok, Say a well known condensed milk producer decides to change their recipe and add Aspartame,. Now they don't have to advertise or list this change. But then the people who do care whats in their diet see this change and decide they are no longer going to use that product and look for an alternative, what then? They lose revenue. Why would they do this?

Seriously, I don't believe corporations are in Kahoozzz with anyone to cull the human population.

There has to be a sensible reason for them to do this. Is it cost??? Is it some PTB suggesting that this is better for the public??

I was at walgreens the other day looking for small goodies to send to my boys in college. In the candy Ise I was looking at gum. I picked up a pack that I grew up (Wriggly's spreament gum) Been around for years. Were not big gum chewers, but I thought it was a good trade thing. Anyway I look at the ingredients (as most of us do theses days) and what the heck to I see but (Aspartame). WHAT THE HELL IS THIS STUFF DOING IN THIS PRODUCT???? Blew my mind.

What was wrong with the recipe that they have used in the past. Why did this change.

Do they think they will make more profit with the Aspartame in it. (This is what I think at this point in my understanding of this situation.)

I have read different news ops about this, but nothing has really made any sense.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
What is wrong with this world?! Aspertame in milk? Who's bright idea is that?! It's bad enough there is regular sugar in it already (or is it)

YOU DONT NEED TO SWEETEN YOUR MILK.

IT'S MILK!!!

Ugh let's just all eat some more unnecessary sugar. Gross no wonder why people are sick and FAT

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Aspartame is a sweet poision that the NWO is using in multiple products to make everyone sterile, it's there way of reducing the population. Sick people.. Everyone needs to open there eyes now, and don't get started on this swine flu thing that supposed "everyone will be forced to have".. It's all happening now !

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Aspartate and glutamate act as neurotransmitters in the brain by facilitating the transmission of information from neuron to neuron. Too much aspartate or glutamate in the brain kills certain neurons by allowing the influx of too much calcium into the cells. This influx triggers excessive amounts of free radicals, which kill the cells. The neural cell damage that can be caused by excessive aspartate and glutamate is why they are referred to as "excitotoxins." They "excite" or stimulate the neural cells to death.

Enough said !!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
ASPARTAME DISEASE: AN FDA-APPROVED EPIDEMIC

Almost all gum and most all Diet sodas have ASPARTAME!!! I quite both. I bet many ATSer chew gum and drink soft drinks. Everyone has free will, just don't complain about consequences from your apathetic heath choices!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
All you need is one person with phenylketonuria to get seriously ill (or worse) and this nonsense will be over with.

It's pretty sad though if it takes something like that happening before people finally "get it".

Chemicals (like aspartame) are DRUGS, perhaps not in the typical way most people think of them, they do not need to be put in beige bottles and hidden in medicine cabinets to be considered DRUGS.

If it's in something I want to know about it and it should be clearly labeled. The fine print that they get away with now is bad enough as it is.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
There are alternatives to milk, such as soy milk or almond milk. Most of the cow milk you drink comes from depraved "dairy cows;" in other words, they are cows kept perpetually pregnant so they can be raped of their milk. The conditions they keep these cows in aren't exactly the best, (many of them are very sick) therefore the dairy they derive from these cows is poor in quality and thus not safe for consumption, hence why they have to treat it with so many chemicals.

Being vegan is easy, not to mention healthy, but it's not for everyone.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join