It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lord is calling me to climb the mountain

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

reply to post by Violater1

Popes don't retire.

You need to read this again and again and again, and then connect it with current events.

I don't know what you are babbling about. Could you explain yourself?

No matter how much you claim that popes don't retire, it doesn't change the fact that a pope is retiring.
edit on 2/25/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by Aleister
Maybe the Lord just wants the old guy to climb a mountain, to get back in shape. "Come on Benny, drop and give me 20" sayeth the Lord.

It would do him good to climb a mountain. If he takes his words literally he may have some good years ahead of him.

Come on now the guy is 85! Only one reason to get someone that old to the top of anything.

Thanks for the contribution char-lee.

Sorry was in the mood for a chuckle guess no one found my remarks funny.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

The Earthly leader of the Catholic church, Pope Benedict XVI, has given his final Sunday blessing at the Vatican, before he steps down on Thursday. He then makes a prophetic statement, “The Lord is calling me to climb onto the mountain, to dedicate myself even more to prayer and meditation.

He's referring to both Exodus 19 (where Moses is called to the mountain) and Mark 3:13 where Jesus calls his followers up to the mountain and appoints his apostles. It was on the Mount of Olives that Jesus (in the gospels) gave private instruction to the Apostles.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

The Earthly leader of the Catholic church, Pope Benedict XVI, has given his final Sunday blessing at the Vatican, before he steps down on Thursday. He then makes a prophetic statement, “The Lord is calling me to climb onto the mountain, to dedicate myself even more to prayer and meditation.

He's referring to both Exodus 19 (where Moses is called to the mountain) and Mark 3:13 where Jesus calls his followers up to the mountain and appoints his apostles. It was on the Mount of Olives that Jesus (in the gospels) gave private instruction to the Apostles.

Perhaps, I didn't get an oppurtunity to hear of any interviews that asked him of what he meant. However he did make commentaries, as a Bishop, and as Pope, regarding the Fatima apperations, speciffically the third letter. I found the parallels interesting.
Thank you for your responce.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

The Lord is calling me to climb the mountain

Sometimes fairies whisper when I walk through the woods.

LOL

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
dudes....a child could read between the lines in the news lately......
I've been a student of prophecy for 44 years....put all the clues together, all the Scriptural forewarnings....get onboard now..!!

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Perhaps, I didn't get an oppurtunity to hear of any interviews that asked him of what he meant. However he did make commentaries, as a Bishop, and as Pope, regarding the Fatima apperations, speciffically the third letter. I found the parallels interesting.
Thank you for your responce.

He is fond of making parallels and he's a scholar of the Bible, who uses Biblical imagery in his messages. This is consistent with most religious leaders of any faith -- they are aware of common metaphors and teachings that resonate with their followers. Martin Luther King once made use of the same imagery in a speech.

The key to understanding these metaphors is a deep understanding of the culture and "where it's coming from." In addition, MANY of his public speeches/announcements are made in Latin, and (since it's a dead language) the exact meaning and shading of his words are very clear. Unlike modern languages, where word use can shift meanings, the Latin text is very rigid and ultimately easier to interpret.

(an example of shifting meanings in English is the word, "bad." 250 years ago, it meant "very wicked" and then "wicked" and "misbehaving" -- within the last 30 years it has meant "excitingly interesting" and "rapper/gangster in style." The Urban Dictionary now says it can mean anything from "an exciting woman" to "good" to "opposite of good.")

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

i saved a few sources about the 3rd Fatima 'secret', from the Catholic universe...

...The Ratzinger Report, titled “Here is Why the Faith is in Crisis.”
In this discussion, Ratzinger, who had read the actual Fátima Secret,
said the vision involved “dangers threatening the faith and the life of the Christian and therefore [the life] of the world”
... as well as marking the beginning of the end time

[while] according to the [fatima] prophecy the pope (in white=Bishop) is killed (shot by a group with guns & arrows) in “a big city half in ruins” while walking to the top of a "mountain" and kneeling at the foot of a cross. ...
...all this happens at the End Times... the eschatology of the REoman Catholics

www.raidersnewsupdate.com...

there's a lot to digest here..

Pope Benedict 16th is also 'fleeing' his office in his act of resigning!...and that is a sign of the final Pope's demise is that he flees 'Rome' or his seat of authority in the Vatican according to prophecies about the final Pope dressed in White

the thread is focused on 'Mountain"..... which is very different from the smaller 'mounts' we run across in scriptures like the mount of Olives or mount Zion.... all throughout the prophecy books the term 'Mountain' basically referred to the individual Seat of Governments of any mentioned nation...

i think that the 'Mountain' of Egypt might have meant the Pyramids instead of the Throne or Judicial seat of Law & Order for Egypt.

so, i am thinking that the retiring Pope is meaning a prominent Christian Place/State as his 'Mountain' which he will be setting up living in... for his final days of Prayer & Meditation... there ain't much more Christianity & Mary adoration than in South America in general...

But the place might very well be Jerusalem... as the present Bishop or Cardinal in Jerusalem will likely be moved to a new mission... (Ratzinger & Bertone) selected the current Roman Catholic to serve in Jerusalem when JPII was Pope....
Now with the newly acquired site of the 'Upper Room'/Last Supper now in the custodianship of the Vatican...
that makes Jerusalem a much more powerful place to be assigned by the Pope

on-the-other-hand.... one place stands out as being the exact visual place of the 3rd secret resting place of the White Frocked holy man that dies from bullets-&-arrows...
Rio De Janero, a city half slum (in decay/destruction) with a iconic statue which is deliberately shaped like a cross
en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Cristo_redentor.jpg

just some thoughts

edit on 27-2-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

i saved a few sources about the 3rd Fatima 'secret', from the Catholic universe...

...The Ratzinger Report, titled “Here is Why the Faith is in Crisis.”
In this discussion, Ratzinger, who had read the actual Fátima Secret,
said the vision involved “dangers threatening the faith and the life of the Christian and therefore [the life] of the world”
... as well as marking the beginning of the end time
[while] according to the [fatima] prophecy the pope (in white=Bishop) is killed (shot by a group with guns & arrows) in “a big city half in ruins” while walking to the top of a "mountain" and kneeling at the foot of a cross. ...
...all this happens at the End Times... the eschatology of the REoman Catholics
www.raidersnewsupdate.com...
there's a lot to digest here..
Pope Benedict 16th is also 'fleeing' his office in his act of resigning!...and that is a sign of the final Pope's demise is that he flees 'Rome' or his seat of authority in the Vatican according to prophecies about the final Pope dressed in White
the thread is focused on 'Mountain"..... which is very different from the smaller 'mounts' we run across in scriptures like the mount of Olives or mount Zion.... all throughout the prophecy books the term 'Mountain' basically referred to the individual Seat of Governments of any mentioned nation...
i think that the 'Mountain' of Egypt might have meant the Pyramids instead of the Throne or Judicial seat of Law & Order for Egypt.
so, i am thinking that the retiring Pope is meaning a prominent Christian Place/State as his 'Mountain' which he will be setting up living in... for his final days of Prayer & Meditation... there ain't much more Christianity & Mary adoration than in South America in general...
But the place might very well be Jerusalem... as the present Bishop or Cardinal in Jerusalem will likely be moved to a new mission... (Ratzinger & Bertone) selected the current Roman Catholic to serve in Jerusalem when JPII was Pope....
Now with the newly acquired site of the 'Upper Room'/Last Supper now in the custodianship of the Vatican...
that makes Jerusalem a much more powerful place to be assigned by the Pope
on-the-other-hand.... one place stands out as being the exact visual place of the 3rd secret resting place of the White Frocked holy man that dies from bullets-&-arrows...
Rio De Janero, a city half slum (in decay/destruction) with a iconic statue which is deliberately shaped like a cross
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Cristo_redentor.jpg
just some thoughts

That is intriguing.
I had never considered South America.
There is an interesting parallel with some of the Nazi Germans fleeing to there as well. Don't get me wrong, there is NO correlation between the Nazis murdering, and the Catholic Church. Yes, some of the German's guilty of being Nazis, asked for forgiveness and were spirited away by Priests. The U.S. government did the same thing with Operation Paper Clip (for technological gain), while the Church did it for forgiveness. Much like when the prostitute was saved from being stoned to death by the Pharisees.
We will see what the Pope says today at the Vatican. Perhaps more will be reveled. Thank you for your contribution.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Popes don't retire.

You need to read this again and again and again, and then connect it with current events.

I don't know what you are babbling about. Could you explain yourself?

No matter how much you claim that popes don't retire, it doesn't change the fact that a pope is retiring.
edit on 2/25/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

For the last, he is the second Pope to resign.

I would put it caps, but I still don't think you would get it

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I was going to post the account as written in Deut 32.

"48 And the Lord spake unto Moses that selfsame day, saying,

49 Get thee up into this mountain Abarim, unto mount Nebo, which is in the land of Moab, that is over against Jericho; and behold the land of Canaan, which I give unto the children of Israel for a possession:

50 And die in the mount whither thou goest up, and be gathered unto thy people; as Aaron thy brother died in mount Hor, and was gathered unto his people:"

I absolutely got the impression of a Moses type exit. Simple final farewell, but because of his sin, God required his death before Israel can enter the Promised Land.

In fact when I first raed the OP, I immidiately associated Moses' final address and "retirement" (death).

Great thread OP.

God Bless,

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Popes don't retire.
This one is retiring.
Popes don't retire.
This one is retiring.
Popes don't retire.
This one is retiring.

You can say that popes don't retire all you want. It doesn't change the fact that popes retire.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElohimJD

I was going to post the account as written in Deut 32.

"48 And the Lord spake unto Moses that selfsame day, saying,

49 Get thee up into this mountain Abarim, unto mount Nebo, which is in the land of Moab, that is over against Jericho; and behold the land of Canaan, which I give unto the children of Israel for a possession:

50 And die in the mount whither thou goest up, and be gathered unto thy people; as Aaron thy brother died in mount Hor, and was gathered unto his people:"

I absolutely got the impression of a Moses type exit. Simple final farewell, but because of his sin, God required his death before Israel can enter the Promised Land.

In fact when I first raed the OP, I immidiately associated Moses' final address and "retirement" (death).

Great thread OP.

God Bless,

Thank you for your response.I think there is a lot of fulfillment to the scriptures, going on right now. Time will tell.
May G_D bless you as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join