It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Waiting Game: Do You Feel It?

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I've only heard my name called a few times. And it's a loud whisper when no ones around. My mom used to scream my name in her head and I would 'hear' it out loud as a normal toned voice. It was so interesting.

I have been noticing that I keep 'running' into people who are preppers. My grandma has always taught me to be prepared for anything..mentally as well.

I keep feeling like I need to prepare..and I have never really cared to before now. I've been reading this site for years now. Didn't really realize I was a member til last year ...

I guess it just seems like I would have already been prepping....so I have slowly begun, but at this rate I won't ever be prepared for the worst.

Peace and love
-nat the cat-

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Only when I'm very relaxed as in almost asleep.
I experienced it more frequently as a child.
I'd hear womens voices speak in an unknown language.
It seemed to be coming from the hall (not from inside my head
)

Why do you ask?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGhettoDragon

What you describe sounds like collective consciousness.
We all 'sense' something is coming, but react differently.
It's like the change in behaviour seen in animals when they know a storm is coming.

Regarding march 22nd; it could be that date.
My feeling is end of march, but we'll live to see april.
I believe big things will happen in April.
I don't know why..yet.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Question to all waiters: Do you ever hear someone call your name, only to find no one there?

This happens to me a lot. In public, I can dismiss it as simple coincidence. But when I'm alone, usually absorbed in something, I'll hear my name.

It's a cross between a whisper and a soft call, kinda like its coming from a long distance.

This has happened for years. Usually, when I hear it, I think...."Could this be it?"

Anyone else experiencing this?

I do on occasion, doesn't happen often and sometimes I think I'm just trippin anyways. However I do hear bells more frequently, at time when there are absolutely no bells around. Other weird one shot sounds, a quick zipping noise, a snap, or some other random sound, often percussive in nature. Pretty strange, though interesting to experience at the same time.

Earthcitizen - Sometimes when I see a post of by you your name reminds me of this song.

^ Love some of the lyrics in it.

And in keeping with the theme, one more.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
Imagine trying to find your girlfriend in this lot:

Imagine the potential for excuses if the girlfriend caught you in bed with one of the others.

"I swear, I thought she was you!"

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
+1 Another one waiting...

Felt this thread demanded i make my first post
long time lurker.

26 this year, a catalyst for alot of spiritual growth generated a peak in awareness around 2008. Since then it's been coming and going in various states of intensity since. Always passes... and comes back around.

Sometimes the timing coincides with others that i've identified as 'aware' since my late teens, I have one very good friend who has shared uncanny spates of synchronicity since 2008, we try meet atleast weekly and share our growth, lately things have been getting pretty wild. Intense and semi overwhelming doses of what, i can't even communicate.

In my youth and teens, i dealt with this sense of 'approach' by studying traditional martial arts, preparing myself for something i could feel on the horizon that was going to affect not only myself, but those around me. I felt a need to be able to preserve, to be able to defend. I don't feel it's me that needs be preserved, but others. Not trying to wax heroic or anything, but i look to young families of family and friends, particularly since 2008, and am overwhelmed by emotion. Honestly, it's more like a relief, that I know that it's not for me. What fills me to the brim afterward is a pride in humanity, overwhelming reassurance, a warmth that sometimes makes me tear up, and knowing that whilst there is life, and youth, there is hope. And that, i feel nowadays, is what drives me. Almost like a my life is here to watch, listen and wait.

Even if my life comes to pass without this event occuring, i suspect perhaps that this drive, or sense, is correct. And perhaps this event or approach is never meant to come to pass, and that this is just part of life, perhaps everyone feels it, perhaps my parents and neighbours. Despite my seemingly separated and lone wolf attitude to life, i don't claim to be unique.

But i can confirm that i've been waiting, and i particularly liked the way another member articulated the more morbid aspect of it all, being that they felt they have no other drive, as if in absence of it being fulfilled, they would be left to pass. That's me right here. However, i think i've come to terms with that.

Honestly these threads aren't what bring me to ATS, it's the anthropology aspect of it all, ancient origins, ie; the Vedic and our past. But this one, reeked. In a good way.

Peace in the middle East,

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
reply to post by Galadriel

Follow your heart Galadriel....

thank you...and you changed your avatar once more

I really have resonated with many, many of your posts, especially those in this thread
Wanted to tell you that
Follow your heart as well

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen23

It is funny how this thread took a life of it's own, with hardly any ( I saw None, actually) Negativity aimed at the OP.
It was a positive energy thread of the highest caliber, touching so many.

I started looking at myself through new lens also Galadriel, and wish I could say the same as you,,,
but I think I still want to be a Hermit..ha ha!! But do know that if I can have the kind of positive community that was shown here,, I am liable to come out more often when i get my Hobbit Hole livable.

EarthCitizen23,
Hobbit Hole, how appropriate....I am listening to May It Be right now...(the musical version, no Enya)...
I know I did not come here to be a hermit, but somehow, the world seems so lost most days, and I find my solace in nature, earth and sky, and with the creatures. Sometimes people really puzzle me. I see such beauty everywhere, and wonder why some wish to create such ugliness. I try to remember that they too were each once beautiful innocent babies and children with hope and love and joy.
But I do feel I've been "hermit-ing" for too long...time to shine.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
Ok, i never say stuff like this. I find it uncomfortable and just a bit cheesy,( i think that part of it is britishness), I dont know any of you, (who feel the same), absolutely nothing about any of you. Yet i feel a deep connection to all of you. And even though i have a family, ive no longer feel lonely (because of this feeling) anymore.
Id probably go out of my way to save any of your skins.

Tonight - I am re-reading recent posts and feeling such a wonderful connection. Not cheesy at all. Everyone's avatars are like friendly faces to me now

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Galadriel.... I have to say that I really like seeing your Avatar!! It is bright and I know you have a great heart just by your Avatar!

BTW.. How did you get your Avatar so long? I tried with mine to get it to the max but this site just isn't having it.

Stay strong and healthy.... maybe go for a swim!

Lovely ATS-ers sent me my avatar when they saw my Intro post and my avatar name. It's a lovely image and I feel it is a good reflection of my best and highest self. It helps me remember to be "noble" as that is important to me since I was a little one. I always felt choosing to be noble, even if we are soul-less and dust, is the right thing to do. Why wouldn't we choose to be noble beings? To be of Love....and Light and bring Joy to everyone...to walk in Peace, Beauty and Compassion...Bliss...and most of all Grace. (sorry, a bit deep here on a Friday night...

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Question to all waiters: Do you ever hear someone call your name, only to find no one there?

This happens to me a lot. In public, I can dismiss it as simple coincidence. But when I'm alone, usually absorbed in something, I'll hear my name.

It's a cross between a whisper and a soft call, kinda like its coming from a long distance.

This has happened for years. Usually, when I hear it, I think...."Could this be it?"

Never heard calling out, although sometimes when i get stressed I play things out in my mind quite vehemently, and often one or both of my girls will come in looking puzzled wondering why I said what I just said in my head, or they'll ask if I said anything. I also have an empathy with animals too, I swear sometimes I can pick up the general emotion and thoughts of my pets. My daughter always asks me "what is the cat/dog saying?" and I seem to know their general emotion.

I do, however, sometimes go into a trance or a daydream of a sort, especially when something is really bothering me, and usually an answer presents itself at the end of it, usually in the form of a choice or a series of choices.

I do have a question here for people if they feel so inclined.

Do you believe in fate? That our lives and our paths are somehow mapped out for us? Or do you believe the opposite, your own life is your own choosing? And finally, do you ever get the feeling you get that 'push' just at the right time, conveniently setting you right, although you only see it afterwards once it has played out? Kind of like things were 'meant' to happen at that time?
edit on 9/3/2013 by 74Templar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan

Imagine trying to find your girlfriend in this lot:

Imagine the potential for excuses if the girlfriend caught you in bed with one of the others.

"I swear, I thought she was you!"

Me thinking the same thing....

I think a larger photo would have helped with my joke! I mean, the photo linked is just a few heads together, I can imagine there were a few thousand parading!!

The guys there must use 'smell' to Identify their other halves more than 'sight'

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Not at all.... you speak beautifully and wisely!!

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Geez I really didn't want to talk about this...I have.

A whisper and sometimes when I am laying down at night I think it is actually someone. It has been awhile that I have heard it so I have chocked it up to a form of audio pareidolia. I have read that nearly all people have mild forms of delusion like this. So I have ignored it.

And here is the part I get marked as LOON on this thread. I have had these dreams where I am talking with people telepathically. I swear and it started about a month or so before this thread. We talk about some jedi like training and not to worry blah blah blah. And I am know seeing other people writing about this and I wonder if this is a form of mass internet hysteria LOL

Lately I have been seeing purple everywhere it has always been my favorite color so typically I notice it but now it has been ridiculous, TV shows, at my job...Synchronicity (coincidence but beyond explanation) has also been increasing.

I have also been thinking about DNA and that this is why we have past life experience is somewhere in our genetic code is EXPERIENCE. Who knows maybe we are meant to observe and then upload this Genetic code? Yeah I am rambling a bit there but I have just got out of bed...

If anyone laughs or pokes at me, so help me I will take my toys and offbeat humor and leave! I MEAN IT...well or go back to lurking cause well...ATS...

edit on 9-3-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Tonight - I am re-reading recent posts and feeling such a wonderful connection. Not cheesy at all. Everyone's avatars are like friendly faces to me now

Even mine? I have considered changing it because I feel people might think it is too intense. But then I am sometimes too intense. LOL but I try to be mostly harmless...

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

Geez I really didn't want to talk about this...I have.

A whisper and sometimes when I am laying down at night I think it is actually someone. It has been awhile that I have heard it so I have chocked it up to a form of audio pareidolia. I have read that nearly all people have mild forms of delusion like this. So I have ignored it.

Same here. It was a strange combination of frightening and yet soothing when I was a child. But I've been thinking my mind is playing tricks on me with these things since I got older. And I just left it at that.

Lately I have been seeing purple everywhere it has always been my favorite color so typically I notice it but now it has been ridiculous, TV shows, at my job...Synchronicity (coincidence but beyond explanation) has also been increasing.

I have been seeing the number 42 for at least a year. I used to be in the 11:11 club.
Does anybody know if there is a 42 club? Or am I the only nutter here?

I have also been thinking about DNA and that this is why we have past life experience is somewhere in our genetic code is EXPERIENCE. Who knows maybe we are meant to observe and then upload this Genetic code? Yeah I am rambling a bit there but I have just got out of bed...

Interesting theory. If you allow me to take that further; regarding the number 42.
In the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy 42 was the answer to life, the universe and everything.
To find out the question, earth was built or something.
And mice ruled the world.
Like the earth is some kind of test lab and we are the 'lab rats'.
What if Douglas Adams wasn't writing science fiction?

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,

z00mster

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

It really is a beautiful name, and it sounds like you've had no trouble carrying it.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The reason I asked about hearing your name.

Since I was a child I've heard my name being called, out loud. I would run to my parents, thinking they had called for me, only to get a puzzled look.

It never happened that often, but here lately I seem to hear it more. Usually when I'm alone and in contemplation of something.

Just a weirdness I assumed was unique to me. This thread made me wonder, because I thoughtninwas alone in experiencing a lot of things n

Another question: anyone have sleep paralysis or out of body experiences?

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I've heard my name called (well, whispered to be exact) on two distinct occasions. Once during adolescence while in a bathroom, and once shorty before my mother became very ill in conjunction with a lot of other weird occurrences. That time, interestingly (but not necessarily relevantly) my friend heard his own name called twice the same night.

Note: Since it's inevitable that it will come up (or at least probable lol) I'll add I've been under psychological treatment in the past for social anxiety and Asperger's related issues, but don't suffer from any form of disorder that would produce delusions or hallucination. And I've never experienced anything else hallucinatory.

Sleep paralysis I've had a few times. Once when I was very little. And another time a few years back. OBEs, I don't know because I don't strictly (fully) believe in the phenomenon, but I am open to the possibility. I have had a couple of experiences that those who believe in OBEs would, and have, called OBEs. Sorry to be so reserved with my responses, I just don't know what to believe and I want to be honest about that position. But I also don't want to not contribute.

Peace.
edit on 3/9/2013 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by z00mster

Interesting theory. If you allow me to take that further; regarding the number 42.
In the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy 42 was the answer to life, the universe and everything.
To find out the question, earth was built or something.
And mice ruled the world.
Like the earth is some kind of test lab and we are the 'lab rats'.
What if Douglas Adams wasn't writing science fiction?

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,

z00mster

Don't forget LOST 4.8.15.16.23.42...
light refracts off water by 42 degrees
* is 42 is ASCII
and for more tumble down this Rabbit Hole...and speaking of which there is of course a Big ALICE entry.

I just turned 42...2 days ago...

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join