It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Waiting Game: Do You Feel It?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

I'm going out on a limb by saying this.... I know.

I think I am awaiting an event caused by the Sun, literal and spiritual experience that will bring us together and live as we should. Happy!

Not an ELE, but as much as it will take to bring us all together and live without slaving for materialism

The puzzle pieces fit, and the complete puzzle is what I describe above.

I feel as though we are meant to descend in matter only to rise in the spirit.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

Thankyou for saying everything i feel. I too am a "fake" grown up
Im not like others of my age, in fact i feel ageless, i am just me,
Actually im really childish and love to have silly fun. I dont think your a dolly daydream, i think your feeling the same as all the rest of us middle aged dudes on this thread.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Galadriel

I honestly wonder why anyone who know's me hasn't picked up or mentioned to me about this "fake grown-up" persona I have....to me it's screamingly obvious and make's me feel uncomfortable in public and social circle's. It really is an eye opener and a comfort to know their other's who relate to how I feel!

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Galadriel
reply to post by alomaha

Maybe we were put in place for some kind of D day but the D day never came because generals gave up the idea of invasion (or call it as you wish), so we were just forgotten, just left to rot.

As much as I appreciate and want the anonymous nature of ATS and online forums, this is actually the only place I've ever, ever heard anyone express the things I think and feel all my life -- and I wish somehow there was a way to connect to others and have a sense of family and community in physical life vs. online life.

Interesting thread all around.

Exactly the same feeling... So why not? We can try? What's stopping us? Every path begins with a first step...

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
You can come to my house... it's near loch lomond

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I posted my last reply at a similar time to yours so missed it.....It's pretty good to know we are not alone yeah?

We should form a unfake "fake grown-up" club

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Yes I feel like most of you do, my whole life I feel I have been waiting for something. I have asked friends and family and none of them feel like we do. I have a wonderful wife and two great kids, My wife is very understanding as I don't like to go out much as I feel I never fit in at parties or even just walking through malls. I have felt like this all through my teens and up to now (41). Instead of socializing I bike with my dogs or study and read as if it will help me when the time comes. My closest friends are over 80!! I feel like I was born 40 yrs too late sometimes.
The funny thing is people love being around me I am told I have an ability to brighten peoples day give them a laugh give them a sense that everything will be ok. I have healed people as well but it all is very draining!!! My wife thinks it is funny how when I walk into a room people move to me and she can see them relax and be content. I don't see it, I see it as work, having to be on!!! But I still feel that there is something bigger just waiting around the corner for me!!!
I feel a quickening as of late, I know the time is close and I am not prepared, I am reading 2-3 books a week, all these books or websites or information seems to fall into my lap!!
It is nice to know there are others like me.
I feel better after reading this thread, thank you OP for bringing a bit of sanity to my Sunday!!

edit on 24-2-2013 by PLUMBER1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2013 by PLUMBER1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
You can come to my house... it's near loch lomond

O.k. Let me just pack my stuff...

Just don't be surprised when you see me at your door!

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logos23
reply to post by Galadriel

I honestly wonder why anyone who know's me hasn't picked up or mentioned to me about this "fake grown-up" persona I have....to me it's screamingly obvious and make's me feel uncomfortable in public and social circle's. It really is an eye opener and a comfort to know their other's who relate to how I feel!

Stop it! stop it now!!!
stop reading my mind!! Im the same, i cannot understand how a lot of the people i work with, who are half my age, dont mention my personality, or anyone i know for that matter. And it is hard mixing with people of your own age in social circles, because, well, even though theyre the same age as you, they seem so much older.!

Or maybe im just younger.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I've had these feelings of being alone and just not belonging here since I was a child of about ten years old. I'm now sixty three and feel strongly that I'm right on the verge of finding out the reason for these feelings, providing I don't get beaned with a meteorite, meantime. I do have a sense of some terrible and frightening times coming our way, though I'm not expecting any help from our governments, as most will have gone underground. I'm looking more toward Earth's visitors for help, as long as they can agree there is still hope for this race of humans. Besides, finding those who are responsible for the mess the planet is in won't be at all difficult, not when most will hiding in their huge underground shelters.
Call me a nutjob or anything you like, but if any of you own guns and have been thinking about getting rid of them, for the sake of your loved ones please seriously think about keeping them! It might come down to your having to defend yourself and your family, not from E.T's, but more than likely your neighbours.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Haha....well if I really could read mind's I'd go down a treat on here!

But yeah I can never understand why it's not picked up on....but I don't think it's a lack of maturity which perhaps would show up more.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
A psychologist would be able to explain most of what you guys are experiencing.
This is probably pretty common for us 40 something, intelligent, introverts.

Some things are tangible.......A theocracy with a nuke, over population, increasing improvements in AI, abuse of other,new techs..
These things are different challenges then any other ancestor had to deal with. These things are unavoidable, thus the feeling of "something is going to happen"......yes, something is, it has to, and it can't be avoided...but when? and to what effect? Nobody can tell you that.

So there is a real reason why you might feel like the world is holding its breath, or that the vibe in the air is something like knowing a huge storm or tornado is about to hit. Birds and bugs get quite, breeze stops and you notice that the trees are quite, your ears start to ring because they are struggling to hear more than the seemingly sudden silence, you feel it. That is what most of us are feeling now in a way. When we are in public we feel like we are observing more than participating in society. Something is just not right, just off, it just feels like something is about to happen.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

Interesting but that wouldn't explain me feeling like this 40 years ago
at age 7. I have,as many here have said.. felt like this my whole life.

One thing we are for sure is, we are super aware .. i think
edit on 24-2-2013 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Again i would say, ive had this feeling that i would see planet earth experiencing a huge change, since i was a small child. this is not a recent thing for me, if it were, then it would be explained away easily, in the way you have suggested.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Whilst I do understand exactly what you are saying....for me personally I have felt like this since I was a child and before I even grasped the realities of what goes in in the world.

edit on 24-2-2013 by Logos23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by PLUMBER1

Oh wow... you just described me.

I am a woman though.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I hope I don't jinxs this for some of you, but I can't remember a thread where I thought 2 or more members were so in the same place and time as in this one. Also nice that it seems no troll has spoiled it all for you so far.
.....here is something funny....
I am in the U.S................. but next to me is an open Rick Steves map of Britain and I saw someone above say something about a loc something or other.....didn't memorize it....but I just glanced at the map and Loch Lomond caught my eye right away.....and I bet that is the place the poster said.......if not.....you will see an edit added to this post with no explanation......hmmm I have a fun idea, see ya back on this thread June 7th

edit on 24-2-2013 by Res Ipsa because: gifted

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Ill join this one...I feel the same....and I think this as well....you feel you are waiting for some thing , some purpose...maybe a higher up has a plan for you....and you dont know it yet...or what if you already occomplished it....what if your wait....was just to have a 10 second conversation with someone , that delayed them to their car that stopped them from getting in an accident...or dropping a few bucks into a homeless mans cup , that in turn ate that night.....your wait may be a part of a grand plan...and you have accomplished already and just dont know it.......I wonder this myself...its deep in your soul...why did you get in a horrable accident and live...you where just at that store that got robbed and people shot...you have had numerous eno#ers with death and lived.....this has happened to me.....what am I supposed to do.....or did I do it....look in that mirror daily and ask...why...what when.....arrrggg

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

It was Loch Lomond and it was me sir!
I can see it if i go out my door and walk for two minutes

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I totally get it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>