It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The Waiting Game: Do You Feel It?

page: 42
189
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl
 


Though you did say that you are still suffering from PTSD. PTSD that lasts more than a year is technically considered Borderline Personality Disorder, if I'm recalling correctly.




posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomnom

Originally posted by Mortalhelix

In my short time here, I have noticed it does become futile at some point to entertain behaviors such as these. Something which has worked fairly effective for me is just ignoring. Clearly our minds are set in stone respectively, and no amount of communication will change them. Do you not see that?

If you further tread down this path I can only begin to assume you have ulterior motives.

Sorry, just saying...


Clearly I don't believe that all of you are unchangeable. I reject your assumption. You are free to feel or think as you will, but it simply gets to me that you think so damned illogically. I feel the need to keep speaking my truth.

I used to latch onto this kind of phooey, but over time my mind has matured, and reasoned through it with the help of people playing roles as I am here in this thread.

Just sayin'.


That is just where you and I differ. Which is fine. I can look past that.

I do however know that any Truth you speak of should not be presented in the manner which you did. Not even close. That is not Truth, Not to me, an "illogical" mind as you describe.



posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl
 



Originally posted by smyleegrl
So are you always so negative in life?


Not at all.

Was I really that negative? I pointed out that threads of this nature are common on ATS and made a harmless, lighthearted comment about it.

Are you so defensive in life?


Originally posted by smyleegrl
You've made your thoughts clear. We've gotten the message. Your work here is done.


I'm glad we've cleared that up.

See you again in six months time



posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by PrincessSerena
 


You're welcome! Yes, that's me, and thank you so much for the compliment! I'm always a little self conscious about that picture because everything looks good...and then it seems like I may have gotten lipstick on my teeth, LOL...so embarrassing, LOL! But again, thank you.



posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomnom
reply to post by smyleegrl
 


Though you did say that you are still suffering from PTSD. PTSD that lasts more than a year is technically considered Borderline Personality Disorder, if I'm recalling correctly.


I'll have to look into that, you might be right. Although I wouldn't think surviving a rape would give me a BPD. What I went through certainly influences my current life, though, so maybe there is a component that I skipped before.

Great. Time to pull out the DSVM again....



posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Mortalhelix
 


So basically when you say "truth" you are referring to something which doesn't qualify as being in line with a value you hold dear. Same for "illogical". Check.



posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by nomnom
 


Rest assured. I've been trying to do whatever I can to help the situation from blogs, to informing people of things that aren't being reported (after heavy verification, of course), sourcing information, and much much more. The majority of my friends find me a great news source because I'll even note the fluff, bias, and persuasive techniques being used in news articles. I'm their number one fact checker, lol. I'm brutal about it and I've been doing it for almost 3 years now. It's terribly frustrating but I'm doing the best that I can. Hang in there.



posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomnom
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth
 


That fact illustrates the dumbing down of this site more than anything else.

It's becoming a bit unbearable lately.

You all fail to see that while the world collapses, you're dreaming of butterflies, and congratulating each other in the process.

It's pathetic.



No...you are the pathetic one...

There is a time and a place to discuss the "doom" and gloom you apparently are addicted to. There is a time and a place to talk about our corrupt Governments, war, famine, disease...there are forum topics galore that covers all of that.

This has been a wonderful and heartfelt conversation. many of the contributors have came out of the shadow, overcame their fear of ridicule because they felt something powerful in the subject.

I can muse on politics and "doom" in plenty of other forum topics, threads and other websites. There is absolutely nothing rewarding about stepping on others sensitivity...You apparently fit right into the description I gave that you thought was so cute.

I actually enjoy discussing politics, science, religion, "doom porn" as well as the more esoteric and ethereal things...

Try to lighten up a little...



posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
No worries, because the fact that they responded means they are searching for something too.


Usually the people that appear to be the most negative, are the ones that are many times the most sensitive, and know that something is coming, but yet allow their minds to over-ride their intuition.

How do I know this? lol I was there once.

It's all good.

Hey Smyleegrl ?? is your name pronounced.....

.....like (Smelly Girl) or (Smiley Girl)
sorry I couldn't help it.





Originally posted by smyleegrl

Originally posted by LiveForever8
reply to post by Realtruth
 


Yeah, this topic is regurgitated every six months or so.

Seems the fine people of ATS have been "feeling" something for a few years now. Maybe a trip to the doctors is in order...


Sigh.

So are you always so negative in life? Feel the urge to ridicule others for what you don't understand or share?

You've made your thoughts clear. We've gotten the message. Your work here is done.





edit on 26-2-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65
 


You call me pathetic, envious of "feeling it", missing the point, arrogant, not reading the thread, and condescending. All because I've read this same thing for years, and realized that no good comes of threads like this.




posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomnom
reply to post by Jeremiah65
 


You call me pathetic, envious of "feeling it", missing the point, arrogant, not reading the thread, and condescending. All because I've read this same thing for years, and realized that no good comes of threads like this.




Good does come out of threads like this bud, because vast majority are contributing
positively and enjoying the comradeship. It is in fact true joy that doesn't happen very often
on ATS, it;s not hard to understand so there is little for you to do but accept and move on.

People here are not arguing and fighting,they are just posting their inner feelings,, you should respect that!



posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomnom
reply to post by Mortalhelix
 


So basically when you say "truth" you are referring to something which doesn't qualify as being in line with a value you hold dear. Same for "illogical". Check.


Not exactly. It's so funny. People think everything in this world can be explained in the English language alone....human language...

To me Truth resonates strongly with this "feeling" which this thread is all about. I don't exactly know what it is yet. They are connected but I don't know how. It's always been there since I was little, and I can guarantee if I do lots in this world like others suggest, and have many times, it would still be lingering near my deathbed. Sorry I can't give you a direct answer...but I think that's not the point.

Truth however has nothing to do with what your last few posts were about. There is no Truth in that, sorry to say and I'm sure deep down somewhere you can see it. Maybe...

Be well friend, I know you have good intentions as at one time it seems you might have began to "feel" this...whatever it is.



posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
To Smyleegirl

I stand corrected. There is - so far - a common component within the list of personality types given so far:

xNxx. I cannot find any xSxx so far. Not terribly surprising, given the nature of the proclivities of the personality groupings.



posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65
 


That was a private message. Posting PM's on the forum is against the T & C.

Thanks for showing your true character.




posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth
 





Hey Smyleegrl ?? is your name pronounced..... .....like (Smelly Girl) or (Smiley Girl) sorry I couldn't help it.


You know, I've had at least four others call me smelly girl.

I promise,I shower daily. Scout's honor!


I piced the name bc I have a "thing" for smiley faces. You should see my classroom.....



posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Originally posted by nomnom
reply to post by smyleegrl
 


Though you did say that you are still suffering from PTSD. PTSD that lasts more than a year is technically considered Borderline Personality Disorder, if I'm recalling correctly.


I'll have to look into that, you might be right. Although I wouldn't think surviving a rape would give me a BPD. What I went through certainly influences my current life, though, so maybe there is a component that I skipped before.

Great. Time to pull out the DSVM again....


They can be concurrent but they aren't always. It's kind of like autism and OCD--there's a higher incidence of OCD with autism but it doesn't mean all that are OCD have autism or vice versa. I was diagnosed with PTSD (surviving a rape) but was not diagnosed BPD despite having depersonalization. www.medscape.com...

If you weren't diagnosed with BPD, you probably don't have BPD. Don't let somebody on a forum diagnose you because they are not a licensed therapist nor are they YOUR therapist.



posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Hi for the longest time I've been a lurker of sorts on this at times, often more than not very opinionated site.
Actually I don't even know where to begin to be honest. I'm much younger than the majority here and as such my 'contributions' would probably fall on deaf ears. However I hope that most of you here can appreciate not all young people are binge drinking, club going troublemakers who look for fights and haven't yet reached maturity by their 'adolescent actions' alone. We're a rare breed, one's who have sussed out and for the most part abandoned our fellow peer's idea of a 'good time' Because we Have seen the sinister truths that lies behind the lie our friends swallow up glad heartedly.

I've read each and every one of your replies and from this I postulated that a minute but very elect portion of a collective consciousness is at work, and each one of you is sensing an impeding and imminent event of some kind in the very near future. There's more to this than meets the eye at any rate. It is quite extraordinary that one of out four people have not only 'felt' or sensed this from an early age, but also had visions and dreams likened to deja vu. Since I was 2 years of age and on the cusp of learning to speak and formulate words, my mother informed me that my very first word was Patience. Now you could believe me or not, and I really can't remember much from my childhood. But I do and have felt that like most of you, I am too waiting for something to occur, something to make sense of all these erratic jumbled up thoughts ( strange dreams), deja vu feelings and finally bring some clarity to this perplexing darkness which seems to shroud the senses and block out the truth which alludes us all..

I guess my younger self . My inner self? (Or even perhaps something Greater and more Sentient) Was trying to give me a message that I must remain vigilant and above all Patient for whatever lies ahead. And I've been trying to adhere to this basic principal each and every day since. In the end the only thing that keeps us from going truly insane is the comfort of knowing "we're not Alone" in this crazy and confusing game of life.

Namaste

Edit to add; Thank you very much for posting this at a time when I was beginning to think I was alone in my thoughts and feelings revolving around Future Happenings and Sixth Sense type vibes.
Kudos to you Smiley Girl for having the courage to bring to light what Nearly all of Us have been thinking about for the longest time in our lives, but either too afraid to broadcast in fear of ridicule or ostracized by our friends and family.

~ A ray of hope and sunshine lies in each smile and every song your heart makes. Hope you keep on smiling!


edit on 26-2-2013 by awakenedstarchild because: Edit to add; Thanks for the enlightening post Smiley Girl!




posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I think we all feel it, otherwise we wouldn't be on this site



posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by awakenedstarchild
Hi for the longest time I've been a lurker of sorts on this at times, often more than not very opinionated site.
Actually I don't even know where to begin to be honest. I'm much younger than the majority here and as such my 'contributions' would probably fall on deaf ears. However I hope that most of you here can appreciate not all young people are binge drinking, club going troublemakers who look for fights and haven't yet reached maturity by their 'adolescent actions' alone. We're a rare breed, one's who have sussed out and for the most part abandoned our fellow peer's idea of a 'good time' Because we Have seen the sinister truths that lies behind the lie our friends swallow up glad heartedly.

I've read each and every one of your replies and from this I postulated that a minute but very elect portion of a collective consciousness is at work, and each one of you is sensing an impeding and imminent event of some kind in the very near future. There's more to this than meets the eye at any rate. It is quite extraordinary that one of out four people have not only 'felt' or sensed this from an early age, but also had visions and dreams likened to deja vu. Since I was 2 years of age and on the cusp of learning to speak and formulate words, my mother informed me that my very first word was Patience. Now you could believe me or not, and I really can't remember much from my childhood. But I do and have felt that like most of you, I am too waiting for something to occur, something to make sense of all these erratic jumbled up thoughts ( strange dreams), deja vu feelings and finally bring some clarity to this perplexing darkness which seems to shroud the senses and block out the truth which alludes us all..

I guess my younger self . My inner self? (Or even perhaps something Greater and more Sentient) Was trying to give me a message that I must remain vigilant and above all Patient for whatever lies ahead. And I've been trying to adhere to this basic principal each and every day since. In the end the only thing that keeps us from going truly insane is the comfort of knowing "we're not Alone" in this crazy and confusing game of life.

Namaste


Welcome!


I am also a bit on the younger side and can relate with much of what you said. Honored to meet you given the circumstances


I feel it too is as you say, patience is a contributing factor here. It seems our problem is not numbers, just the courage to finally voice our thoughts to one another without fear. Could prove to be our greatest weapon!




top topics



 
189
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

log in

join