It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Waiting Game: Do You Feel It?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx

Originally posted by thedoctorswife

Originally posted by SecretKnowledge
great thread op....
it could be something as simple as everyone who has this feeling has lived a previous life.
also, im just wondering, can everyone state their blood type?
just a long shot.
i recall reading a theory that anyone with a certain blood type, i think it was rh negative, or just negative, will be saved when we recieve our "visitors". or something to that effect

EDIT: i dont know my blood type
edit on 24/2/13 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

I remember that thread. Il dig it out in a minute. It was something to do with an asteroid(i think) that would hit us and reactivate some dormant power in those with negative blood groups. It was a bit "out there", but interesting, none the less. Il link it when i find it.

Good thing I'm an O negative eh? Not only can I give everything in life, I can donate every ounce of my body in death to those in need.

Me too, im an A neg, for some reason my body rejects my o positive babies, thats a weird old humdinger aint it?? i idont want to derail the thread with this though.
I have to say its lovely to see so many like minded people on here. And il say this now, something that ive been ashamed and embaressed to say before, but as im amongst friends, i dont actually have any friends aside from my two lovely (a negative) daughters. I dont like people, i dont know why, i feel like a different species.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I have always had that feeling. I have always felt like i was training for a certain event. I have always had a need to know how everything works and how to fix it. I got 2 masters in mechanics and 1 associates degree in electronics. I am still learning all i can and am in my 50's. Beats me why. I have just always felt that i would need it someday for some event. Maybe it is some vague disorder. I certainly can't tell the future. I even made a thread about it a long time ago.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I too experience a sense of waiting. For what I don't know. In my experience I can best describe it as knowing there is a task I am to perform, but having not been told exactly what it is yet. So I wait. And wait. I've known since I was a young child that I wasn't like everyone else and wasn't supposed to live a "normal" life. Looking back on the years I can see how right I was at such a young age; nothing has ever worked out for me like other people. It's like there's something deliberately guiding me on a certain path, for what reason I don't know. In my younger days I was angry and frustrated, but through some events in my life I have learned patience. Now I just go on my path knowing I will be called when the time is right.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

See that penguin thats walking.... Thats me!
See that penguin thats standing .... Thats my Ex!

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumansEh
Fellow 'waiters'
I salute you all. Interesting the common theme and age profile of members who have replied so far. It's almost palpable this tension. I have been awaiting something I cannot describe or envisage for a long time now.

I lead the life of a hermit and have shut myself away from the world, this isn't due to depression or being anti social. I simply cannot pretend to fit into theworld as it is. I am not unhappy although lonliness can get overwhelming sometimes. (Celibacy ain't much fun most of the time either )

I do all my talking here on Ats and for many weeks at a time the only human I interact with on a personal level is the person I thank when buying groceries.
I too feel like I am waiting,
Waiting for my place in the world to reveal itself.

Maybe not too many misanthropic hermits here, but it is nice to know that I'm not the only one awaiting death or destiny
Thanx Smyleegirl s&f4u.

I envy you....I wish I didn't have to deal with people. At work....I just can not understand the thought processes of some people. I tend to be out going, and if a job needs done, dammit, all balls out til it is done, but have fun while you are at it. Where I work, Fun is not allowed. Not to fun for me. The only thought that makes me through is, you never know who you should be nice to, cuz you never know if you will need their help someday.

Never await death, if you can walk, talk, make the best of it, it is destiny we all strive for. We just sometimes do not realize what that destiny is.
edit on 24-2-2013 by thepolish1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SecretKnowledge
great thread op....
it could be something as simple as everyone who has this feeling has lived a previous life.
also, im just wondering, can everyone state their blood type?
just a long shot.
i recall reading a theory that anyone with a certain blood type, i think it was rh negative, or just negative, will be saved when we recieve our "visitors". or something to that effect

EDIT: i dont know my blood type
edit on 24/2/13 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

HIya! I think this thread may contain the theory you referred to;www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Haha, Well i like to think the slapping penguin is the lookout and just slaps the other to give the all clear! Kinda funny either way.

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once. And we should call every truth false which was not accompanied by at least one laugh.
Friedrich Nietzsche

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Originally posted by Ghost375
What are you waiting for? Why are you still waiting? By that I mean, things are already happening. How many more signs/events do people need?
It's like you're waiting for a train, yet it's parked right in front of you waiting for you to get on.

If the train is there, I do not see it.

But I understand your point. There's a certain part of that waiting feeling that makes me feel like I'm the only one in the room who doesn't get the joke.

Well then you aren't looking. Maybe you've convinced yourself you're looking. You might be looking for something in particular.
But you aren't looking at what's actually there.

The train's there, you're just looking at the sky looking for a chopper.
edit on 24-2-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

I respectfully disagree.

I've spent my life searching for....something. Religion? Tried many. Spirituality, meditation, learning....all things that I crave and actively ponder.

I love solitude, and spend a lot of my free time in study (topics ranging from medicine to ancient archeology to the evolution of language..in other words, I'll read just about anything). I also spend my solitude in contemplation.

Im looking, I assure you. But what I'm looking for....I don't know.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Hello, ATS.

All my life I've had this feeling of.....waiting. For what? I do not know. I only know that it feels as if something's out there, and I'm at the mercy of its timeline.

I wish I could describe this waiting sensation better, but I don't know that I can.

So I go through my daily routine, waiting for this....something.....and all the while life passes by.

Is it a distraction? Or is my lifestyle distracting me from discovering what I'm waiting for?

I'm 38 years old, I feel like I'm 18, and yet my life is halfway over in all likelihood. And the waiting continues, on and on.

Do you feel it? Have you discovered what you're waiting for? Or, like me, do you still wait?

Any and all replies welcomed.

Funny. I am also 38 and feel like I am 18. I also feel similar to you, but I have come to the realization that instead of waiting around for something to happen, I need to go out and make something happen. This is probably why nothing has happened to us.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
What i find interesting about this "feeling of a massive change/event, is that no one has any clue as to what it will be, only that it will be HUGE. Its exciting but very scary as well. I detest using the red pill/blue pill cliche, but i can understand why people say ignorance is bliss sometimes, because to live like this is, hard going, yes?

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I'm 41...and I'm waiting

As a child my teacher's nicknamed me Dolly Daydream. It wasn't that I had problem's concentrating...I just felt that anything they had to teach us was "average", I always lost interest. I always felt there was something just outside my grasp, something "big" around the corner.

I'm 41 with 5 kid's and a grandson and responsibility's like everyone else...but when I look at my peer's I always feel like a "fake" as a grown up...I just feel like I have never connected with life in the same way they have....rather than having it all "together" and having plan's for the future etc, I have always felt that whatever it is I am waiting for will become apparent and life will change dramatically. Thing's come up in life and I have an "oh well" attitude and actually think to myself it doesn't really matter because when that "something" happen's none of this will mean crap anymore!

But a lot of day's I wonder if my teachers were correct and I am just a dreamer....if I am I will probably just dream my whole life away on the pretext there is something to this waiting game and this does bother me. But despite this and even taking that terrifying possibility into account.....I am still waiting

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Here ya go Smylee. Some of the stuff above was as interesting as the summary, though.

INTJ: The Mastermind

INTJs are analytical problem-solvers, eager to improve systems and processes with their innovative ideas. They have a talent for seeing possibilities for improvement, whether at work, at home, or in themselves. INTJs have a hunger for knowledge and strive to constantly increase their competence; they are often perfectionists with extremely high standards of performance for themselves and others. They tend to have a keen interest in self-improvement and are lifelong learners, always looking to add to their base of information and awareness. INTJs live in a world of abstraction and theory, and may sometimes be absentminded in their preoccupation with concepts. Often intellectual, they enjoy analysis and complex problem-solving, and are much less comfortable with the illogical and unpredictable nature of other people and their emotions. They may not want to bother with people who they do not perceive to be their intellectual equals. INTJs are perceptive about systems and strategy, and often understand the world as a chess board to be navigated. They want to understand how systems work, and how events proceed: the INTJ often has a unique ability to foresee logical outcomes. They enjoy applying themselves to a project or idea in depth, and putting in concentrated effort to achieve their goals...

Mastermind. That's funny.

edit on 2/24/2013 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Wow, I'm kind of fascinated with this thread.... It's not just that many people here share same feeling of waiting for something to happen, so many of us share same way of thinking, same values, same...almost everything! That's really kind of freaky, but in the good sense. Maybe we were put in place for some kind of D day but the D day never came because generals gave up the idea of invasion (or call it as you wish), so we were just forgotten, just left to rot.
But instead giving into despair or waiting for death (salvation) to come, maybe in the meantime we could make our own commune or something like that, so that waiting game (probably for nothing) could be a bit easier... What do you say?

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

As a child my teacher's nicknamed me Dolly Daydream. It wasn't that I had problem's concentrating...I just felt that anything they had to teach us was "average", I always lost interest. I always felt there was something just outside my grasp, something "big" around the corner.

Same for me. I was told I lived in a "fairytale" world, a "dreamer" by my family and at school. I was bored beyond bored for most of school -- it seemed so rote and patronizing. I knew, even in second grade, that it was like being in some type of prison and that they were wasting my life and time.

And that "fake" grown-up feeling? I've got that. I had my first child early, before most of my friends had families. I'm responsible and grew up fast. But, I always look at others -- even those 10 to 15 years younger than me -- and think how old they seem, so "grown up" in some ways, and old in other ways, yet I feel both childlike, innocent, and creative, yet wise, ancient and aware. Weird. I can't "fake" convos in bars (never go anymore), at parties (don't care for them), at work around the proverbial "water cooler." I am both introverted and extroverted, talkative and quiet. Depends on who I'm with, what the topic is, and how I feel.

But I struggle with "grown up" talk. I read so much, about all sorts of things, especially science and spirituality, nature, current affairs, travel -- prefer PBS, History channel and documentaries...yet I feel like a child sometimes around the "grown ups" at work. I laugh thinking I'll be 95 and still feel young and strangely out of place!

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

Funny. I am also 38 and feel like I am 18. I also feel similar to you, but I have come to the realization that instead of waiting around for something to happen, I need to go out and make something happen. This is probably why nothing has happened to us.

I thought the same thing many years ago. Making things happen hasn't diminished that feeling one iota. It is an intuition, a claircognizance, that many people have sensed their whole lives. They may not understand what it is, but they know it's on the way. And at this point in time, it seems many are in agreement that it isn't far off now.

We shall see.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
When i got my college degree i didn't even bother turning up
for the ceremony.... coz i thought "it doesn't f*****g matter"

And it doesn't matter , I'm still waiting, but feel a pull to others on this thread.

link   

I did not expect this many replies. It's rather...startling.

I'd like to see if we can recognize some common traits.

I don't know my blood type, sorry.

Here's a link to a personality test. It'd be interesting to see if several of us get the same results.

Here are my results.

INFPs are imaginative idealists, guided by their own core values and beliefs. To a Healer, possibilities are paramount; the realism of the moment is only of passing concern. They see potential for a better future, and pursue truth and meaning with their own individual flair. Typically unconventional, Healers often develop an offbeat personal style and enjoy expressing themselves with creative pursuits like writing or art. They value originality and want to be authentic and individual in what they do. Following tradition holds little appeal for the INFP, who would prefer to invent something that feels unique to them. INFPs are usually flexible and accommodating, and can often see many points of view. They usually try to support other people but will react strongly if they feel their values are being violated. They especially hate being steamrolled, and want an open, supportive exchange of ideas. INFPs are sensitive, caring, and compassionate, and are deeply concerned with the personal growth of themselves and others. However, they also tend to be independent, soft-spoken, and reserved, and can sometimes seem aloof, especially to new acquaintances. They prefer to seek depth in relationships where they feel a real connection. Read more about INFP >> Read more: www.truity.com...

Here are my results as best can be determined. I don't like yes/no answers...I like to elaborate as the totality of the circumstances can and does change my answer on some of those questions.

INTP: The Architect

INTPs are philosophical innovators, fascinated by logical analysis, systems, and design. They are preoccupied with theory, and search for the universal law behind everything they see. They want to understand the workings of the universe, in all their complexity.

INTPs are detached, analytical observers who can seem oblivious to the world around them because they are so deeply absorbed in thought. They spend much of their time focused internally: exploring concepts, making connections, and seeking understanding. To the Architect, life is an ongoing inquiry into the mysteries of the world around them.

The INTP is typically non-traditional, and more likely to reason out their own unconventional way of doing things than to follow the crowd. INTPs are merciless about analyzing ideas and beliefs, and hold little sacred. They are often baffled by other people who remain loyal to beliefs that don't make logical sense.

INTPs present a cool exterior but are passionate about reason, analysis, and innovation. They seek to create complex systems of understanding to unify the principles they've observed in their environments. Their minds are complicated and active, and they will go to great mental lengths trying to devise ingenious solutions to interesting problems. Read more about INTP >>

Read more: www.truity.com...

I'd say its pretty damn spot on!!
edit on 24-2-2013 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2013 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Logos23

Don't feel alone on the thought of wondering if you are just a dreamer. I have wondered that myself. Has my hope and imagination created this? I have also wondered if maybe I missed something I was supposed to do...some chore or task I was meant to carry out and didn't.

Oh well...I sure don't know the answer. That's why I read and research a lot...trying to either find the missing link or if nothing else, fill the time. Maybe one day I'll stumble across "It" and know it for what it is...maybe I won't. I will keep gathering knowledge until the time comes I need it or I die...

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by alomaha

Maybe we were put in place for some kind of D day but the D day never came because generals gave up the idea of invasion (or call it as you wish), so we were just forgotten, just left to rot.

I've been feeling that way too...maybe the timeline shifted or something was supposed to happen and didn't, or it did and we are in a time loop -- I know, I know, crazy stuff, and I'm not really saying it's so....but it is an odd feeling that comes up.

As much as I appreciate and want the anonymous nature of ATS and online forums, this is actually the only place I've ever, ever heard anyone express the things I think and feel all my life -- and I wish somehow there was a way to connect to others and have a sense of family and community in physical life vs. online life.

Interesting thread all around.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Galadriel

I swear we are twins. wow

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join