It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Waiting Game: Do You Feel It?

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I hope it is not Godot...

But I feel the same, my hunch is we are waiting for the spiritual realm to take hold upon us. And all that this will burn!.

Salute

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560

Originally posted by Yesmaybe

Originally posted by Q2IN2Y
reply to post by dgwest7

"We have four years to get it right, or else it's irreversible, we're done.." - Michael Jackson early 2009 right before his death.

I'd say four years is almost up, and I don't think we got it right.

I hope these 4 years are up soon, this is one thing I don't wanna wait for anymore

This from the man who was so depressed that he couldnt get through the day without drugs. So worked up that he needed an anesthetic drug to go to sleep at night ? And Charles Manson had a good way of equalizing the haves and the have nots I suppose ?

Wow-sorry to have to keep off topic but geez I thought people on here use their own minds.........

"just because you read it in a magazine or see it on a tv screen, don't make it factual"- MJ-Tabloid Junkie

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Time is such a bitch, and yet she is so beautiful.

These things echo profoundly. We watch, we wait, but never idle. It's for the love of course, a joy to be.

Cheers too finding oneself!

www.encyclopedia-titanica.org...

I think I'll take this time to tell my story.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thought Provoker
reply to post by Runciter33

Thank you for mentioning the Omega Point, by the way. It's been in the back of my mind for years, poking at me. Something about it just resonates with me, despite the Jesuit origins. (Look into Teilhard's interpretation of Original Sin, too.) But you should have quoted some of it; it'll provoke thought, let's say...

Remain true to yourself, but move ever upward toward greater consciousness and greater love. At the summit you will find yourselves united with all those who, from every direction, have made the same ascent. For everything that rises must converge.

Perhaps the (now) 146 of us (six new
) are rising towards that summit. If so, I look forward to the convergence.

Good point. There are some real impactful lines in that book, and I have a copy though haven't read it for quite awhile.

If i seem to keep harping on time, it's because the word 'waiting' implies the movement of time. I'm sitting here in my housecoat on my laptop having a smoke and exactly 30 seconds from now i will have ostensibly moved through time. Things have grown a little, died a little, changed a little.

Even space has moved a little; the earth rotating around on it's axis, orbiting around the sun's axis. Our solar system has moved some distance around the galactic axis. Time and space are both in motion.

So my question is, what does consciousness have to do with all of this? I suppose it has changed a little as well. But where does it exist in relation to space and time? Which one is in which other one, and vice versa?

Here is a good one;

One of Jung's favorite quotes on synchronicity was from Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis Carroll, in which the White Queen says to Alice:

"It's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards".

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Can we remember the future? Will it be "coming back to us", so to speak? Like Dick's idea of remembering our true nature?

PKD is one author that really messes with time in wonderfully creative ways. His Exegesis really does a number on your brain in attempting to comprehend it. Here is a bit that in a fairly simple (simplistic?) way describes roughly some of what i mean, not from the Exegesis but another article.

The novelty of Dick’s Gnosticism is that the divine is alleged to communicate with us through information. This is a persistent theme in Dick, and he refers to the universe as information and even Christ as information. Such information has a kind of electrostatic life connected to the theory of what he calls orthogonal time. The latter is rich and strange idea of time that is completely at odds with the standard, linear conception, which goes back to Aristotle, as a sequence of now-points extending from the future through the present and into the past. Dick explains orthogonal time as a circle that contains everything rather than a line both of whose ends disappear in infinity. In an arresting image, Dick claims that orthogonal time contains, “Everything which was, just as grooves on an LP contain that part of the music which has already been played; they don’t disappear after the stylus tracks them.”

Kind of like the Voltaire quote, 'God is a circle who's center is everywhere and circumference nowhere, or even Nietzsche's eternal reccurence in a way also.

From The Phenomenon of Man;

The more man becomes man, the less will he be prepared to move except towards that which is interminably and indestructibly new. Some 'absolute' is implied in the very play of his operative activity.

After that, 'positive and critical' minds can go on saying as much as they like that the new generation, less ingenuous than their elders, no longer believes in a future and in a perfecting of the world. Has it ever occurred to those who write and repeat these things that, if they were right, all spiritual movement on earth would be virtually brought to a stop? They seem to believe that life would continue in its peaceful cycle when deprived of light, of hope and of attraction of an inexhaustible future. And this is a great mistake. Flowers and fruit might still go on perhaps for a few years more by habit. But from these roots the trunk would be well and truly severed. Even on stacks of material energy, even under the spur of immediate fear and desire, without the taste for life, mankind would soon stop inventing and constructing for a work it knew to be doomed in advance. And, stricken at the very source of the impetus which sustains it, it would disintegrate from nausea or revolt and crumble into dust.

Contrast that to the mere survival slash animal in man's nature level, then humankind creates out of necessity and for practicality sake. Tools to build shelter, gather food and defend themselves with.

So then what is the purpose of music, the arts, Philosophy and things of that nature? I'm going off on bit of a tangent here.

edit on 26-2-2013 by Runciter33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
In more than 3 years, I've never seen a thread take off like this! Wow!!!!

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by karen61560

First of all....hello everyone!! And thanks OP for such a fabulous thread!

Now....just my thoughts...as I too have felt this 'waiting' as long as I can remember....
To give a different perspective....and to answer Karen (quoted above)....
Does ANYONE here wonder....if we are waiting for everyone else to catch up?
To reach the 'awareness' level that we all seem to be experiencing?
jacygirl

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Well got to say that you should get into sales, you found another soul to sign up to ats. It is really cool that what you brought out into the open resonates with so many including myself. I eventually found what I was searching and or waiting for, yet the journey continues.
It is both an individual and collective push and pull, all I can say is find the deepest let go and you might just find your truth a lot quicker, like fast tracking on a slow path. All is good.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Philippines

Originally posted by odd1out

Originally posted by tripsick
Its what all mortals feel. you are waiting for the end

The only BEING in this thread that gets it...
Go out and stare into the night sky at countless stars and ask yourself how big am I? How much do I know? Then go down to the beach and lay among the grains of sand and tell yourself you know more than they do.

I'm sure I'll make a few friends with this post!

edit on 26-2-2013 by odd1out because: (no reason given)

I don't think he is the only one that "gets it"

Some people have different perspectives on life because of their experiences. In this thread it seems like it is hitting home to a large amount of people in a similar life experience. I would even go so far as saying these people are living in a conformist rat race that is opposite of natural life, and it is really starting to bother them.

So, by extension....those of you who don't feel "it" must be normal, healthy, well-adjusted individuals?

This is a personal experience. Everyone's personal experience is valid. Please try to keep that in mind. Just because you don't understand what we are experiencing (even if you think you do understand) doesn't invalidate our experiences our interpretations.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Or what James Joyce said; "History is a nightmare from which I'm trying to awake." Maybe the alarm clock is about to sound, and the anticipation is part of some collective state of hypnogogia. I think the way information travels in this day and age, through facebook, youtube, independent media etc. etc. people are inundated with so much more now as compared to the past, say in the middle ages where you saw a painting or two every so often, read a couple books by authors in a much narrower range of subjects and variety, and got a letter in the mail by horse every couple months or so or whatever. Cultures were much more isolated.

Now people are exposed to a gazillion images daily on the computer, t.v., and books of any possible type imaginable are readily available in mere seconds, and communication moves across from one place to the other side of the world instantaneously, information take less time to move across space, and that will have an impact on how people's consciousness evolves.

Maybe this feeling of waiting is the remnants of what we used to experience having to wait for things that we now no longer need to wait for. A lingering sense that things are moving too fast as compared to our relatively recent past, where for ages in history a man walked and rode a horse like a normal person without these fancy machines of great speed called motor vehicles, airplanes smart phones or internets, like part of us do not feel ready to be exposed to so much information all at once and there is resistance to what has been so long established as habit. The collective unconscious is undergoing rapid changes at an accelerated rate and there is a lag of sorts on the one hand.

And with some of this information, we are coming to an understanding of the situation more clearly; ie wikileaks etc. and those who traditionally held dominion over such information are trying desperately to keep the lid on it all, through greater oppression, violence, propaganda, distraction etc. and perhaps there is some breaking point approaching one way or another or many as a result of these opposing forces, and in a sense, that which is already happening and has been i realize since the dawn of time, after all part of life is struggle. Now though the information flows freely, and is about to bust loose. The truth, if we so choose to bear witness.

I liked when someone earlier referred to it as restlessness too, because it has been that to me as well; in phases to lesser or greater degree, but sort of in the background one way or another. A certain tension. I think both hope and fear in general are projections from the past or into the future and basically counterproductive and confuse our recognition of where we stand in the moment. And this moment is the only place you can move from, through our thoughts and actions, though as human beings they are also based in part on conditioned response to what has happened in the past or what we wish to happen in the future. The beat goes on.

And I've talked myself into a complete circle. "We dance around in a circle and suppose, but the secret sits in the middle and knows." Maybe certain cycles of thought, as in negative feedback loops are about to be broken, and that is the struggle. That which is extraneous is being weeded out, while trains of thought that actually lead somewhere begin to more efficiently approach their destination.

Ok, I'll put an end to this stream of consciousness rant now. I don't know, just musing and speculating out loud here. I really have no idea, words words words.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   

There is always only NOW..and NOW is the time to do something.
reply to post by kauskau

Some members are saying the same thing. There is only a now... do something NOW.

I just have to ask. WHAT? Do what NOW?

It's not like everyone is sitting around idle, not doing anything. lol

As I said previously in this thread... I live life to the fullest!

I am a busy mom of three... my boyfriend should count as four really.

We are busy with two kids playing Hockey and baseball. We travel a lot, take vacations, and are extremely active with life. I have always been a busy person, doing something all the time.

There is still this "greater purpose" feeling though, that is instilled in my heart. I look at the world around me and notice it has strayed from the good life of nature. We have become a selfish people who doesn't know or care about his neighbor. We rape our home for its resources, we war with our brother, and on and on...

This above cannot last, in my opinion. The above will indeed cause nature to turn on us and I believe we are already experiencing such. More people awaken to this fact, we may could change the course of nature that we set in motion from our choices.

Tomorrow may mean nothing to you as a NOW person, however it does to me. The choices we make today matter for tomorrow. The ones who come after us, if this is possible, deserve a bright future created by us.

The past, present, and future matter.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Okay, everyone. I've put together a companion thread where we can try and find common traits we might share. You can find the thread here.

This thread is for sharing your stories, personal feelings, etc. The other thread is for compiling data (even if its weird data, haha).

Enjoy your Tuesday.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
meibe it's our pessimism from our known knowledge?
i never felt this way until i became "aware" or "woke up" to this type of knowledge?
i have been feeling this way for such a long time that i actually want it to happen at some times....
it like makes me not put as much effort in life as i would have when i was "asleep"...idk...
pretty peculiar. ? opinions?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtraeme
For the 138 of you who feel something is coming ...

I would be curious if this makes any sense.

scarcityhypothesis.org...

An interesting read so far. In relation to this thread, are you thinking along the lines of "growing pains", so to speak? A collective, where do we go from here?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
I had a desire to return to my roots, and it has been fulfilled,
but not under very pleasant circumstances.
It's more than that, but for me it was where i was born.

WoW.
I have been busy (passionately, almost obsessive) with my roots too.
This in the form of geneology.
I just want to know my heritage. But why now?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by apokalupsis33vital

Same here, I want to learn to play the Cello.
Haven't found a school/teacher yet though.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Good Morning All,

In responce to the OP. I to have been feeling as if there is a change on the horizion. It must be one BIG AZZ horizion though because I have been feeling this way for 40 years. I am 52 now and still find myself looking to the stars with a flutter in the pit of my stomach like I am about to see things as they really are. It is as if right behind a very thin vail is the truth (what ever the hell that is). All I know is the feeling is real and I can almost touch it,smell it,see it................................................SIGH.............It is nice to know that I am not alone with these thoughts. Carry on.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Some members are saying the same thing. There is only a now... do something NOW.

I just have to ask. WHAT? Do what NOW?

Put your own house in order; drop the facades, look in the mirror, look at the log in your own eye and deal with it as if you were not going to have another chance. But then, you already know this...Angel
edit on 26-2-2013 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Originally posted by Philippines

Originally posted by odd1out

Originally posted by tripsick
Its what all mortals feel. you are waiting for the end

The only BEING in this thread that gets it...
Go out and stare into the night sky at countless stars and ask yourself how big am I? How much do I know? Then go down to the beach and lay among the grains of sand and tell yourself you know more than they do.

I'm sure I'll make a few friends with this post!

edit on 26-2-2013 by odd1out because: (no reason given)

I don't think he is the only one that "gets it"

Some people have different perspectives on life because of their experiences. In this thread it seems like it is hitting home to a large amount of people in a similar life experience. I would even go so far as saying these people are living in a conformist rat race that is opposite of natural life, and it is really starting to bother them.

So, by extension....those of you who don't feel "it" must be normal, healthy, well-adjusted individuals?

This is a personal experience. Everyone's personal experience is valid. Please try to keep that in mind. Just because you don't understand what we are experiencing (even if you think you do understand) doesn't invalidate our experiences our interpretations.

To answer your first question, I have no idea. I'm pretty sure our standards on what "normal" and "healthy" could be the same, but way different in specifics. Same for what "well-adjusted" means.

You're right this is a personal experience, I have felt it too, it used to be stuck in my brain. Now I don't think about it much, I know something is coming, I'm ready, content, and not going to care if nothing does come =)

Edit: I'm not trying to judge, just share my experience and what I did. I cannot even begin to imagine all the different emotions/feelings of hundreds of people from all over. Just trying to talk it out =b
edit on 26-2-2013 by Philippines because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Like most of the replies I've read, most are at or approaching middle age. I started feeling this "waiting for something" since I graduated from highscool in '87. I believe U2 had just came out with the album "The Joshua Tree" and my favorite song had the line; "and I still havent found what I'm looking for". And 26 years later I am still waiting. (Sorry in advance to those who will not get this tune out of their head all day).

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
YES, YES, YES! I have been in this waiting mode all my life, well at least from the age of about 12 or so. It has been somewhat of a hinderance since I am always watching for signs, always looking at events trying to piece together scenarios which may lead to this event that I know is to happen - just don't know what it is. I have however felt recently that we may not have to wait too much longer. There appears to be a confluence of world events approaching rapidly. I think the trigger is economic followed by some sort of world turmoil on a massive scale. Until then I am still waiting and watching for signs on sites like ATS.

On another note, I have often wondered why me? What is the purpose of me having been given this "feeling" of a potential world changing event? Do I play a part in it or is it my role to, in some very insignificant way, act as a watcher so I can warn just a few around me. Then again is it all imaginary! It is very difficult to conclude that it is the latter as I have had some undeniable psychic dreams in my life, nothing that is predictave of world events on a large scale just dreams that proved to me that there is something else going on.

I am waiting - waiting for the world to change and I am so glad to find others in the same frustrating mode.

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join