It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Waiting Game: Do You Feel It?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elliot
Yes. I remember and have always known my 'job'.....to learn and know as much as possible and search, find and store information.

There is a buzz and it is almost time.

But what for!!!!???

Shiver down my spine mate
Something I said to my girlfriend way back was that I feel that my sole purpose in life is to observe and take the long road, never take shortcuts, learn all lessons there are to learn.

My life is very strange that way, be it grades, be it love... Its like i'm destined to have no easy path.
I feel like you I am but a camera, recording unfolding events for a purpose beyond me.

As I said in various threads, we are all chosen, we can witness a chain of events set back thousands of year. We are at the endgame.

Nice to meet a person who feels the same.

Kudos to you my friend!

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinder
reply to post by rigel4

yes yes yes yes and yes

Yes for me too, I was thinking that we all have loads in common,
just trying to throw a few things out there of what that could be.

I am a loner type and have always felt different and thought of as different
by 'normal' folks.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I was born with this feeling.
It is hard to explain.

I also believe I was born, like you all, in an important time in Earth's history.
Was that meant to be? I don't know

But yeah, this is is a feeling I have lived with since I could think.

Peace

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I did not expect this many replies. It's rather...startling.

I'd like to see if we can recognize some common traits.

I don't know my blood type, sorry.

Here's a link to a personality test. It'd be interesting to see if several of us get the same results.

Here are my results.

INFPs are imaginative idealists, guided by their own core values and beliefs. To a Healer, possibilities are paramount; the realism of the moment is only of passing concern. They see potential for a better future, and pursue truth and meaning with their own individual flair. Typically unconventional, Healers often develop an offbeat personal style and enjoy expressing themselves with creative pursuits like writing or art. They value originality and want to be authentic and individual in what they do. Following tradition holds little appeal for the INFP, who would prefer to invent something that feels unique to them. INFPs are usually flexible and accommodating, and can often see many points of view. They usually try to support other people but will react strongly if they feel their values are being violated. They especially hate being steamrolled, and want an open, supportive exchange of ideas. INFPs are sensitive, caring, and compassionate, and are deeply concerned with the personal growth of themselves and others. However, they also tend to be independent, soft-spoken, and reserved, and can sometimes seem aloof, especially to new acquaintances. They prefer to seek depth in relationships where they feel a real connection. Read more about INFP >> Read more: www.truity.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SecretKnowledge
we all feel this way because we know that the way we live our lives in general is wrong. deep down we know this.
society is wrong. the haves and have not's is wrong. famine is wrong. material wealth is wrong.
and so on and so on.
we are not of this society. well, we are, but it does'nt sit right with us.
we know there's a better way, but yet we cannot change it.
the feeling of something's gonna happen is, for me, a false positive.
that is, something should happen. but because it does'nt, this feeling continues to slowly torture my soul.

That is a good point, but for me personally, i would have to disagree. This feeling of massive change within my lifetime has been with me as long as i can remember, i would even say before i was into double figures. I felt this, well before i knew what an evil place the world was. That was my experience, i dont know about anyone else.
Your right though, theres something very wrong with the world.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
From my short 19 years living this life i have come to realize that life is a waiting game. You're either waiting for something great and miraculous to happen, and once it does happen, assuming it will, you begin to wait for it to end because you know something so wonderful can't last forever. Life is nothing more than a waiting game. You're either waiting for something great, or you're waiting for something great to end. Such as life itself. By the time you realize the miraculous thing you've been waiting for is life itself, it's too late and you're on your death bed regretting ever waiting in the first place.

Life can be lived either waiting or doing...

Easier said than done,

I suppose.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
reply to post by Sly1one

Ive always felt like im a different race from my peers. I can remember in my late teens being dragged out to nightclubs by "friends", and not having any clue how people could be enjoying being packed into dark, hot, expensive hellholes incapable of holding a conversation also Ive never understand the human desire for the aquisition of material wealth.

its horrible and difficult "being different". I want our time to come, i want my world/life back. Does that make sense??

WOW...speaking my language!!...

The wife thinks I'm "boring" because I hate going to bars where you have to scream at someone to hold a conversation...Or 15 mins into the "experience" you end up just nodding your head and saying ya to everything someone says cuz you get so tired of saying..."huh"??? Or being one of the few people with enough sense to know drinking too much makes you sick the next day and feeling like you have an IQ over 9000 in comparison to the morons you are trying to drag out of traffic, save from a fight, getting into the wrong car...or any number of things that are beyond exhausting....

I apparently am of the same "species" as you as I find life significantly more enjoyable the more I simplify it...like a math equation.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

It is nothing more than one not having enough to do to survive to keep from getting bored.

Life is too damned easy for nearly all of us,so a lot of us look for something to dread out of sheer boredom.

Boredom.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Hello, ATS.

All my life I've had this feeling of.....waiting. For what? I do not know. I only know that it feels as if something's out there, and I'm at the mercy of its timeline.

I wish I could describe this waiting sensation better, but I don't know that I can.

So I go through my daily routine, waiting for this....something.....and all the while life passes by.

Is it a distraction? Or is my lifestyle distracting me from discovering what I'm waiting for?

I'm 38 years old, I feel like I'm 18, and yet my life is halfway over in all likelihood. And the waiting continues, on and on.

Do you feel it? Have you discovered what you're waiting for? Or, like me, do you still wait?

Any and all replies welcomed.

Hey Smylee,

I used to feel this very same way. For a very long time in my life I felt as if I was waiting for something. This something has changed over and over through out my life. Waiting for a partner, waiting for a good job, waiting for something to give when things seemed bleak and dissatisfying. Or as many on ATS subscribe, waiting for the miraculous or terrible. As you put it yourself, it's the waiting game. It's a game, it's our choice whether we win or lose. Everyone one of us, picks the general idea of what we are waiting for. Something good, or something bad, of all sorts of varying degrees. It's really a matter of what it is inside that you feel you are waiting for. This may sound confusing, because often we feel we do not know what it is, but we are just waiting.

It could be embarrassment or shame that keeps us from openly admitting what it may be, but we all know what it is deep down inside. For a long time I was waiting just like you, and sadly it was for the end. Whether it be a car accident, getting jumped on a walk at night, attacked by an animal. Something, usually terrible. This evolved into waiting, and wishing for the end of everything. I would look around, watch the news, look at articles on the web and just be so disgusted with mankind, myself, my life, my "friends". This quite literally drove me to the lowest darkest place in my life. I was waiting for the end with open arms. Quietly mind you, but I didn't care to be a part of this world. I lost friends, I abandoned friends feeling hurt by them and the world around me. This ordeal lasted 9months. Alone, it got to a point my physical health suffered. I got lung infections, kidney pain, stomach pain, swollen glands, stomach issues, weakness, shaking limbs. I had literally given up, and my body was too. It ended me in the hospital. Yep, depression made me physically ill, and I did not care. I welcomed it. Doctors, tests, medications, to counselors, to a long long long recovery.

I'm doing well now, but it's taken a lot of work, and a huge effort on my part to care a little less about the whole of mankind. "Our" problems are not mine, I am not everyone. I can not carry the worlds burden on my shoulders. I suspect reading many of your posts on ATS we share at least this one thing in common. We care almost too much. We will selflessly help anyone we can, just to help often putting our own wants needs and emotions aside. We get so caught up in helping others that we forget about ourselves, and in turn our situations seem to dwindle and we get so frustrated looking for a hand that we are so quick to hand out to others, but find none. We are absolutely powerless when it comes to helping ourselves. Not that we are in dismal conditions, but our wants needs and desires often go overlooked and at times these are things we can not do for ourselves. We end up in one sided friendships, relationships, end up feeling walked on by family even though we've willingly laid ourselves down beneath them. It's as simple as always offering to pay for a meal, or do things for them. To never saying no. We don't do it expecting anything in return, but we will often over extend ourselves, and it's not in our nature to say so, so we suffer silently, emotionally, maybe financially, sometimes physically, or mentally.

I have a weird feeling you're waiting for someone to save you. Maybe nothing fantastical, but deep down something is eating you, and you're looking for that hand to pull you back up. It was that way for me, the longer you play the game the darker it gets. The worse the "coming thing" seems. A wage cut, a death in the family, a catastrophe, your own death, the apocalypse. Don't let yourself get sucked in. IT is a game, you don't have to play.

Much love Smylee, don't know if I'm right, but if I am always available to talk or listen to those in need.

Sincerely,

Jinx.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
All of you old folks in your 40s... LOL.. I'm 48 myself. It's interesting so many people in the aforementioned age bracket have similar yearnings.

I too have always felt there is a momentous event coming in the future and I would be a contributor. I have chided myself, thinking it was conceited to consider myself "unique." But, in the last two years, after much study in metaphysics, ancient history/mythology, and hermetic philosophy (nature, not magick), in addition to experiencing fierce resistance by family and friends to alternate ideas about God, history, nature, and the universe, that not everyone is "called" or cut-out for this information.

I would also like to mention Galadriel's post about the seemingly futility of existence, which seems to be a major theme of contemplation for those in "mid-life." I have spoken to many people about this subject, but no one has the answer. I have taken steps to get out of this mindset. This includes shunning much of the technologies that we rely upon, often to a point of addiction (take away a person's smartphone. It's like taking herion away from a junkie). I read a lot, take walks and bike rides on a regular basis, and seldom watch television. I also stay away from people and groups who are negatively oriented. I also pray a lot, asking for guidance and understanding, and after many years of procrastination, I'm about to learn to meditate.

Thus, I am ready for whatever happens. Whether I live, die, or ascend, I'm not worried about it. In fact, I am looking forward to it.

Personality type: ENFP
edit on 24-2-2013 by Q33323 because: Add info

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I am 31, always known there's something different about me than most and frequently able to recognize others with similar feelings. The waiting feeling has gotten particularly strong in the past few months, like the intensity is building.
It is somewhat comforting to read the replies of so many who feel this... yet at the same time it is also slightly disconcerting
go figure
My result for the test is ENFP.

ENFP: The Champion

ENFPs are people-centered creators with a focus on possibilities and a contagious enthusiasm for new ideas, people and activities. Energetic, warm, and expressive, ENFPs love to help other people explore their creative potential.

ENFPs tend to be curious about others and preoccupied with discovering the deeper meaning in people and ideas. They want authentic experience and often seek emotional intensity. ENFPs are easily bored by details and repetition and seek out situations that offer an escape from the mundane. Novelty is attractive to ENFPs, who often have awide range of interests and friends from many backgrounds.

ENFPs are typically adept communicators, using their wit, humor, and mastery of language to create engaging stories. Imaginative and original, ENFPs often have a strong artistic side. They appreciate art for its ability to express inventive ideas and acreate a deeper understanding of human experience.

ENFPs prize individuality and often consider the pursuit of happiness to be the highest priority in life, both for themselves and for others. They place great importance on personal freedom and want to be able to go wherever inspiration leads.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I can't really take that test or tests similar to it. Mainly because each day is different and my own intellect will confound the results. Not meaning that I would not answer truthfully, but I would think too much about it and prob not answer the first thing that pops into my head.

Like the first couple of questions...

Calm or energetic?
Both...depends on the situation.

Imaginitive or realistic?
Both...I can be very creative in my woodcarving or writing and problem solving but I am also realistic in my views of social and political situations.

Shy or outgoing?
Both...depends on the surroundings or venue.

Every question on the first page alone I could answer either way, from one extreme to the other. It totally depends on what I am doing or where I am at.

I am a seeker of knowledge. I try to learn something knew everyday. Sometimes deep and profound and sometimes it's something simple and practical.

I feel for other people and I truly mean that. I avoid large crowds of people (I avoid places like the mall like the plague) because I can look into the eyes of a stranger and see and feel their pain and sadness. It's something that makes me uncomfortable and I avoid it as much as I can. On social issues, I do not want to see people go sick, hungry or homeless but I do not know the answers to fixing it. I do not believe "giving a man a fish" is the answer...I believe "teaching the man to fish" is the only true solution...if you can understand what I am trying to say.

Personality types? I have no idea. Maybe I think and study philosophy, theology and science all too much. Take a wild guess what I am reading now...just for the knowledge. Written in 1776...Adam Smith's "The Wealth of Nations"...my middle daughter asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I told her that book...so I am reading it. Not an exciting read, but insightful. I do not always read on the fringes...all knowledge is important and powerful.

I guess I am a "Seeker of knowledge" with a touch of a soft heart...so what does that make me?

edit on 2/24/2013 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

great thread op....
it could be something as simple as everyone who has this feeling has lived a previous life.
also, im just wondering, can everyone state their blood type?
just a long shot.
i recall reading a theory that anyone with a certain blood type, i think it was rh negative, or just negative, will be saved when we recieve our "visitors". or something to that effect

EDIT: i dont know my blood type
edit on 24/2/13 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

I remember that thread. Il dig it out in a minute. It was something to do with an asteroid(i think) that would hit us and reactivate some dormant power in those with negative blood groups. It was a bit "out there", but interesting, none the less. Il link it when i find it.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I did not expect this many replies. It's rather...startling.

I'd like to see if we can recognize some common traits.

I don't know my blood type, sorry.

Here's a link to a personality test. It'd be interesting to see if several of us get the same results.

Here are my results.

INFPs are imaginative idealists, guided by their own core values and beliefs. To a Healer, possibilities are paramount; the realism of the moment is only of passing concern. They see potential for a better future, and pursue truth and meaning with their own individual flair. Typically unconventional, Healers often develop an offbeat personal style and enjoy expressing themselves with creative pursuits like writing or art. They value originality and want to be authentic and individual in what they do. Following tradition holds little appeal for the INFP, who would prefer to invent something that feels unique to them. INFPs are usually flexible and accommodating, and can often see many points of view. They usually try to support other people but will react strongly if they feel their values are being violated. They especially hate being steamrolled, and want an open, supportive exchange of ideas. INFPs are sensitive, caring, and compassionate, and are deeply concerned with the personal growth of themselves and others. However, they also tend to be independent, soft-spoken, and reserved, and can sometimes seem aloof, especially to new acquaintances. They prefer to seek depth in relationships where they feel a real connection. Read more about INFP >> Read more: www.truity.com...

This is mine... ha ha.

ENFP: The Champion
ENFPs are people-centered creators with a focus on possibilities and a contagious enthusiasm for new ideas, people and activities. Energetic, warm, and expressive, ENFPs love to help other people explore their creative potential.

ENFPs tend to be curious about others and preoccupied with discovering the deeper meaning in people and ideas. They want authentic experience and often seek emotional intensity. ENFPs are easily bored by details and repetition and seek out situations that offer an escape from the mundane. Novelty is attractive to ENFPs, who often have a wide range of interests and friends from many backgrounds.

ENFPs are typically adept communicators, using their wit, humor, and mastery of language to create engaging stories. Imaginative and original, ENFPs often have a strong artistic side. They appreciate art for its ability to express inventive ideas and a create a deeper understanding of human experience.

ENFPs prize individuality and often consider the pursuit of happiness to be the highest priority in life, both for themselves and for others. They place great importance on personal freedom and want to be able to go wherever inspiration leads

Read more: www.truity.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Oh yes, the good ol' waiting game. I've been waiting for half a century now. I know this feeling well

Maybe, maybe it has to do with a feeling of a higher purpose needed. I no longer recognise this world I grew up in, it is totally changed and not for the better. From very early on in my life, I knew I was from a different mold. Most of the time, even at being fifty now, I still feel like the extra terrestrial in the crowd. I do not see the world like most do, I do not see life like most do, I do not feel like most do.

I do have past lives recollections and this moment in time is truly not in sync. Like many others though, I await the big moment, that is where my waiting resides. The overall change to the real us, not this mess we're in right now...

I am waiting for this world to get back to basics. Personally, I believe that all of us here, at this very moment in time, have our own sense of an incoming purpose in those grand changes to come.

And if this time never comes or if I die before it does, at least I've had the comfort of imagining a better us.

To answer some questions, I don't have a clue of what my blood type is. As for the personality test, I am an intuitive, a feeler and a perceiver. I would agree

Great great thread !! S&F !!!

link   
I'll throw this one out there as it might relate to all in some way as well...

In nearly ALL alien invasion related movies...I secretly hope the aliens win...

I don't identify with "human" race as it is...its arrogance and hypocritical self-righteous indignation inspires a gag reflex in me...

there are several attributes in humans I detest...arrogance and hypocrisy being the two I despise the most.

I like children...I love my daughter...her innocence gives me hope. It's after the 12-14 years of indoctrination camps that we turn into something despicable.

edit on 24-2-2013 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2013 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife

great thread op....
it could be something as simple as everyone who has this feeling has lived a previous life.
also, im just wondering, can everyone state their blood type?
just a long shot.
i recall reading a theory that anyone with a certain blood type, i think it was rh negative, or just negative, will be saved when we recieve our "visitors". or something to that effect

EDIT: i dont know my blood type
edit on 24/2/13 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

I remember that thread. Il dig it out in a minute. It was something to do with an asteroid(i think) that would hit us and reactivate some dormant power in those with negative blood groups. It was a bit "out there", but interesting, none the less. Il link it when i find it.

Good thing I'm an O negative eh? Not only can I give everything in life, I can donate every ounce of my body in death to those in need.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
yeah, I know exactly what you mean OP. But it's a difficult thing to describe, or exactly pinpoint the feeling or its source within your own mind. I don't understand where this feeling comes from, but my rational and irrational self have two different ideas:

rational - I have always been interested in more...esoteric topics than most of my peers. for instance, early in high school I was reading things like hyperspace, or a brief history of time--and really being flabbergasted and intrigued by this information. I couldn't get my hands on enough brian greene, michio kaku, and all the likes.

this pursuit of any information exciting and theoretic persisted though college, and led to experimentation, mainly with interest in understanding what authors like mckenna were proposing.

so now, some time after college, I could argue that being exposed to such highly theoretical musings early(ish) in life, I could be predisposed to "feel" "something" is coming. whether that be a technological singularity, nuclear destruction, asteroid impact (lots of dreams about that one lol), or whatever your personal doomsday/salvation theory is.

irrational - these feelings may be more than fleeting memories of ideas I've read about. perhaps it is these same ideas that have increased my sensitivity to this feeling that some event or paradigm shift is coming.

I believe that it has already been expressed in this thread, but it is possible that everyone has this feeling to some degree, but perhaps certain experiences, or certain knowledge gained work as catalysts to eradicate whatever "cloud" that was making the sensation difficult to detect.

but still I do not know the irrational source. is this feeling a spiritual one? if it is, what are the implications? everyone, ultimately, has the same "religion?" ...well, what does that mean?

I suppose it means what I've suspected about modern spirituality for some time is accurate. The different religions, the doctrines, the dogmas, maybe even some of the weird cults, are all trying to discover more about this "feeling," when all they have to do to uncover it, and ultimately cultivate it, is to abandon all these silly interpretations that divide us, and truly unite together, and accomplish what we wish. create utopia. expand. seed the universe with life.

I think that might be "god," and all the dividers, "satan."

but what do I know

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

And one thing thats for sure, you never know when it could happen, as ive said before, the japanese earthquake was proof of that, in a matter of moments, things went in a completely direction.
reply to post by thedoctorswife

I wonder sometimes if this above was a "shift" for us on Earth... in every sense of the word.

I too am waiting... on...... what? I have no idea. I have a feeling though.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
What are you waiting for? Why are you still waiting? By that I mean, things are already happening. How many more signs/events do people need?
It's like you're waiting for a train, yet it's parked right in front of you waiting for you to get on.

If the train is there, I do not see it.

But I understand your point. There's a certain part of that waiting feeling that makes me feel like I'm the only one in the room who doesn't get the joke.

Well then you aren't looking. Maybe you've convinced yourself you're looking. You might be looking for something in particular.
But you aren't looking at what's actually there.

The train's there, you're just looking at the sky looking for a chopper.
edit on 24-2-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join