It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Waiting Game: Do You Feel It?

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61560

I get the feeling you are fishing for speculation that you can then proceed to tear down & rip apart. This is the very reason I previously never registered a commenting account here. Only reason I did so today was because this thread touched a nerve that has been in me for a very long time. But I get it. There are people just like you on every forum out there in Internet Wonderland. That's why I prefer to stay in the shadows. Life is too short to constantly explain or justify things to people like yourself. You want to discount everyone as being depressed or having low self esteem or whatever other flavor of self righteous shrink-speak fits your lousy mood today.

All in all it's still been a pretty good read despite your attempts to marginalize it.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Galadriel

I haven't been on here posting in quite a while and do appologize for that. I have been lurking a bit though

But just had to log on for this thread. I am truly stunned by this one!
Galadriel summed the feelings I have had, quite closely, since my earliest memories (and no this isn't another midlife crisis in the works feeling...as I am 40)...
This is a feeling of the waiting that is being described, but also of the feeling I just don't belong. That I am and have always felt (outside of meeting and marrying my sould mate wife), that I am as best I can describe, an observer or a person walking along a path...not the path many others are on, but a similar path that being on I can see everyone in life around me, but not really feeling connected. Like I don't really belong. I have never felt like I have been at home anywhere...that is the best way to say that.
If that makes any sense what-so-ever.
I too, was easliy bored with school and the career paths of my life. I only excelled at things that truly interested me and showed nothing but disdain for any other subjects that couldn't hold my attention.
My interests were always not the norm and I was looked down on as a dreamer and out of touch by the "normal folks". I was tested at at high IQ and love to read and absorb information. History, current events, science, tech, paranormal, the fringe stuff, past lives, ET, the universe, the true meaning of life, religion, politics...ok maybe a daydreaming truht seeker...haha..I just don't know.
Anyway...no more rambling here.
I just see many people on this thread with a similar feeling or feelings and a similar pattern and my jaw about hit the floor on this. I honestly haven't talked about the feelings I had with anyone but maybe a small and I mean like 5-6 people in my life. I am glad to see I am not so "fringe" in this at all.
Thank you smyleegrl for the post! And thank you all for sharing.
I have no idea why I feel this detached or removed feeling...and no I am not introverted or a loner...as a matter of fact I am pretty much the guy everyone likes to be around. Being a musician, as well as training people as I do in two of my career/interests...I am generally considered a people person by many. But being that as it may...I don't party or really care too much for the club nightlife, social gatherings or large crowds (yes odd for being a performing musician for a good 2/3 of my life) and all...and I have very few truly close friends.
Most in my life are aquaintences or friends by interests. I even, and I know this may sound odd, but outside of my wife, I don't feel a solid attachement to anyone - including family. Parents, siblings, children...I mean I feel love for them, but always feel more an observer or even a protector.
I hope this makes sense to some on here.
Anyway...I have rambled on enough. I just wanted to put my two cents (or maybe 50 by now) in on this thread and add myself to the growing list. It's nice to see a trollfree and thought provoking, non-bashing thread on here for a change. Thank you all who have contributed.
Well...all I can add is....let's see what's to come and hope we all understand and gain the truth we look to be searching for or expecting.
I, like many of you know it is coming soon.
That I can truly feel a part of.

Oh...side note...I have had a few odd experiences in my life. On and off since birth. Not just those that I have experienced firsthand, but also some that were observed by others that I was a part of. The color blue...as in a light...was always a major part...not sure why.
Not sure why I added that, but maybe it will make sense someday or to somebody.

Good night my friends.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ProjectAlice

I've been reading this website for a long time, but I've never in my life heard anyone else ever bring up this subject so I was compelled to register and reply.

Welcome to ATS! Glad you joined - and you are not the first who've registered after reading this particular, compelling thread!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61560

Ok I guess I better edit my post....the trolls may be eating under the bridge again...
I should have known it was too good to last.
But anyway...much more useful out of the posts outside of the trolling.
Still a good thread and am very happy to keep reading on. Thank you.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
It seems as though all of you have been waiting for some kind of sign, to do that special something that will alter existence as you know it.

The thing is, if you are waiting, you may become complacent in that, and you know how society has conditioned us, despite our waiting essence, ready to be called up, such messages are stifled. We become distracted by "daily life" and what we ought to do, our obligations as deemed by community/family/society/loved ones/law-makers/God and so on and so forth into infinity and beyond...

Listen now, to your inner voice, it is there, let it guide you, follow it with a pure mind, one that is clear and without the false images and doubts that society and the powers that be have ingrained into your fragile minds.
Shake loose the mental binds. Empty your head of all those illusions. Let go of your fear, let go of your possessions, let go of every thing you have ever been attached to, hear the loud bell of freedom calling you. Let its sound, reverberate within you, shaking your core, waking your inner pure being.

Meditate and follow your inner voice. Then you will hear that message, coming loud and clear, and you will know what to do. This takes a lot effort and a little more time.

It is absolutely necessary though. We are at a point in time, I have felt this, we are at a point, when we can decide which route humanity will go... into ruin or into our prime. This will not come without great loss, suffering and upheaval no matter what route we take. So there is no soft side to an edge such as this one. We are on the cutting edge. The intentions are pure, benign. A simple call for... what? Your inner voice will tell you.
"We all know what the earth needs, what we need, let us not take more than we are due. Let us recognize the imbalance that greed has created, let us find the strength and means to collectively let go of greed, and remove ourselves from this mass of cancerous ads and enticements that have been created to box us in like consumer-sheep that reap the table droppings of what the rich sow, and then let us not forget, what our friends in poorer countries or simply poorer states/conditions than our own reap, disease, famine and death in the hardest of ways."
That is what my inner voice begs me to share with you. What does your inner voice cry out?

All of you are connected in your yearning and there are so many of you, think of all that can be accomplished if you stopped posting on forums, stopped being a consumer, started owning your calling (this goes for myself as well as you). It is right there for you, just dust out those shelves in your mind, clean up that mess that muddles your perceptions! Become a clear channel and be receptive to that message, or you shall continue, blocked, and waiting, for a sound that has been ringing for years.

It will not be clear for a few more years, but let it come, work hard so that you may hear it.

Clear your mind. Be healthy, and follow that inner truth, break the social norm and form new ones. Better ones.

This has to do with government and corporation control, this has to due with human exploitation, animal exploitation, and environmental exploitation, this has to do with becoming unified with one another as human beings, this has to do with great discoveries that have yet to be revealed, this has to do with harmonizing with the earth and respecting it and not treating it like something we own, this has to do with so many things, so many numerous things and a transformation of numerous beings.

All of you who are waiting, what else could you be waiting for, but this sound, this call. It is simply your responsibility to unclog your metaphorical ears to hear the equalizing chime and infinitely reverberating echo of existence and all that is or will ever be. Then you will know what to do, better yet, you will simply begin to do it.

edit on 25-2-2013 by MessengerBird because: fixed be come to become*

edit on 25-2-2013 by MessengerBird because: fixing "So there* is no" and making "ad" plural and clarifying statement about poorer people

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

This is much the same reason I wanted to log back on and do more than just read and observe. It touched me and I felt I needed to put my thoughts and feelings into the mix.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

Bingo! This is even closer to a better description of this feeling...or whatever it is. Out of all my memories from early childhood on...it has been something that has always been with me, no matter what, and stronger than any memories or feelings or experiences.
Also just to add. I have been quite successful in my life in most areas. Had a few bumps in the road, as we all have had, but for the most part it has been and is still a good life. I am happy and content and like everything I have in life, other than long hours at work! But I, in no way am unhappy with it.
I must say the people posting about the luck, guardian angels, being kept out of harms way....I could add that ae well, but won't since it's much the same experiences for me. Being looked out for, guided from harm or towards good...all experienced...many many many times thoughout my life. Many an experience that just can't be chalked up as lucky or by forward thinking or instinct....just can't be.
Well keep on with the good thread my friends.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65
This "feeling" we are all apparently experiencing...I cannot put my finger on it...it's different.

I like the idea that if we can imagine something...that somewhere....out there...it is happening, it is real. I really like that idea.

I'm the same that I really like the idea if it was ever real....

For the "feeling" I really think much of it is because people subconsciously put themselves at the center of the universe since the universe flows around each of us as if we are the center. This creates a feeling that everything will happen in one's life time. The earth will end, we will meet aliens, we will find alternate realities, ghost, demons angel etc, magic is real and so on. Even if any number of all this was actually real it could be 1000s, 10,000s, millions of years before it happens or we discover it, but we all think in our own way it will happen within the less than 100 years of our life span.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by bw_drum

This is much the same reason I wanted to log back on and do more than just read and observe. It touched me and I felt I needed to put my thoughts and feelings into the mix.

Maybe our society has become so disparate, so disconnected from each other, that us old souls are being called to a higher order; to realize and fight against the materialism that separates so many... to once again connect with each other, as this thread has shown possible. Thank you smyleegrl

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

edit on 25-2-2013 by pacifier2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560

I had a cousin who died at 18. His life was half over when he was nine years old. That is something to contemplate.

I was joking in the sense that people assume their life is half over at some age. I'm sure your cousin at the age of 9 didn't suggest his life was half over....

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

I am in 100% absolute agreement Res Ipsa. I am glad that the majority of us are still keeping this thread alive with intelligence, conversation, open mindedness and compasion. It is nice to see.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Well said. Bravo!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by apokalupsis33vital

Originally posted by apokalupsis33vital

Maybe our society has become so disparate, so disconnected from each other, that us old souls are being called to a higher order; to realize and fight against the materialism that separates so many... to once again connect with each other, as this thread has shown possible. Thank you smyleegrl

And in total agreement with this.

Well except the part where being 40+ is old...haha
edit on 25-2-2013 by bw_drum because: addition

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560
reply to post by dgwest7

Tomorrow always comes. We just re name it "today". When I told the kids that Christmas is tomorrow it came or they would have been sad little babies.

Huh?

I really dont get what any of your posts have anything to do with this thread!!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by apokalupsis33vital

And in total agreement with this.

Well except the part where being 40+ is old...haha
edit on 25-2-2013 by bw_drum because: addition

Haha, I agree with the 40+ thing, as I am 28 lol

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Ahhh to be 28 again....well the energy I had then maybe. I still act like I am in my 20's though. Even though my body tells me (as does my wife)....you are getting too old for this crap and you are going to break something and it doesn't heal the same now....haha

But my heart still thinks it's 20 something!

41 is coming up the road fast for me.
edit on 25-2-2013 by bw_drum because: age adder

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

"If" is a huge word isn't it? It's a great daydream maker though.

I tried to better describe my personal thoughts on this earlier. The "feeling or anticipation" I personally get is not something that makes "me" special or "my" life better...just something is going happen.

I used the analogy of waiting for an important phone call...you "know" the call is going to come but you don't know exactly when and if it will be good news or bad news...but you know to expect it.

I just have a hunch that something is going to happen...and I have no idea what that is going to be or when. It's weird and I know it is. I am aware it defies the logical mind to consider things like this. I don't know whether to consider it instinct or intuition...the primal 'fight or flight" mind.

I do get your point though. Perhaps some folks are feeling "special or the center of the universe" but I don't think it's very many. I'm pretty sure I don't think or feel that way.

Like I said, I can't really put my finger on it nor can I really explain it any better than I already have...which is not really all that great I know.

ETA... It's not an obsession btw. It's something I think about when I am outside walking the dog, having a smoke or whatever. I find it a fun exercise in imagination and creativity...trying t make new connections and theories.
edit on 2/25/2013 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Yes, I would say I'm entirely skeptical of faith in terms of certitude at least. Actually, I have a lot of existential doubts. I.e. by my standards I can't even prove I'm here right now as I seem to be, or that reality is what we perceive it to be at all, whatsoever. For all I know this is some sort of elaborate illusion
I don't necessarily really believe that, but it's a possibility I consider. "I think, therefore I am" has never quite been enough evidence for me. There might not even be an objective "me" in the first place as far as I'm concerned, at least not as I experience it subjectively from day to day. But that seems to be the framework in which this existence proceeds, so I have to go with it whether it's illusory or not. Much like the unconditional love philosophy I adhere to. It might be illusory, but it seems to indelibly be a part of my nature, whether biologically or for some other reason, so I have to go with it.

My problem is that I have no way of determining definitively by my standards if that ultimately means anything or not. It seems like it does, but - and this is applicable to a great many things people have stated in this topic in my opinion - to quote a musician I love, "Just 'cause you feel it doesn't mean it's there." Or, as I would put it, just because it exists as an ontological entity in some way, shape, or form, does not necessarily mean it exists or has purpose as I perceive or feel it does. This constant conflict between what I feel, and my doubt as to what is and what its true nature is (something I feel I cannot objectively know because of the myriad possibilities I am open to) is what torments me.

I hope that makes some sense.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Teilhard De Chardin has this theory of an 'Omega point', and I sometimes wonder if that might be one possible good representation of what this feeling of anticipation is all about or potentially leading (from) towards.

Teilhard's attempts to combine Christian thought with modern science and traditional philosophy aroused widespread interest and controversy when his writings were published in the 1950s. Teilhard aimed at a metaphysic of evolution, holding that it was a process converging toward a final unity that he called the Omega point. He attempted to show that what is of permanent value in traditional philosophical thought can be maintained and even integrated with a modern scientific outlook if one accepts that the tendencies of material things are directed, either wholly or in part, beyond the things themselves toward the production of higher, more complex, more perfectly unified beings. Teilhard regarded basic trends in matter – gravitation, inertia, electromagnetism, and so on – as being ordered toward the production of progressively more complex types of aggregate. This process led to the increasingly complex entities of atoms, molecules, cells, and organisms, until finally the human body evolved, with a nervous system sufficiently sophisticated to permit rational reflection, self-awareness, and moral responsibility. While some evolutionists regard man simply as a prolongation of the Pliocene fauna – an animal more successful than the rat or the elephant – Teilhard argued that the appearance of man brought an added dimension into the world. This he defines as the birth of reflection: animals know, but man knows that he knows; he has "knowledge to the square."

Another great advance in Teilhard's scheme of evolution is the socialization of mankind. This is not the triumph of herd instinct but a cultural convergence of humanity toward a single society. Evolution has gone about as far as it can to perfect human beings physically: its next step will be social. Teilhard saw such evolution already in progress; through technology, urbanization, and modern communications, more and more links are being established between different peoples’ politics, economics, and habits of thought in an apparently geometric progression.

Theologically, Teilhard saw the process of organic evolution as a sequence of progressive syntheses whose ultimate convergence point is that of God. When humanity and the material world have reached their final state of evolution and exhausted all potential for further development, a new convergence between them and the supernatural order would be initiated by the Parousia, or Second Coming of Christ. Teilhard asserted that the work of Christ is primarily to lead the material world to this cosmic redemption, while the conquest of evil is only secondary to his purpose. Evil is represented by Teilhard merely as growing pains within the cosmic process: the disorder that is implied by order in process of realization.

^ Taken originally from the Encyclopedia Britannica.

en.wikipedia.org...

I'm not a religious person really, but I did read 'The Phenomenon of Man' by him and found it a very compelling book; though I don't claim to have understood it all, it was certainly a stimulating read for those who have interests in such subjects.

Peace. ~

edit on 25-2-2013 by Runciter33 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join