It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Waiting Game: Do You Feel It?

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I have always felt the same way. My whole life. I am only 20, when i found out about all of this I was only 17, aince thwn my life had drastically changed. Every day it feels closer and to see all the things that were predicted years ago coming true, its just unnerving. To my understanding, some people were ment to be knowledge seekers and some were definately not. There are people I know that just will not accept the fact that something is wrong with our world, they act so blind. I've tried and tried to tell them and warn them and they treat me like I'm crazy. So, typically I stopped trying years ago. Now I am back to the point where it feels so close an I feel so drawn to keep pumping them with the obvious. The sad part most of these people are true believers and strong Christians. It seems like it is so hard for them to take in, like they do not want to believe this could be the end. My father is one of those people, all I want to do is keep my family safe. I want to make a game plan, a way to survive and all he wants to do is act like everything is okay. Why do people deny the truth? It just kills me that they cannot feel what I feel. The need to be prepared. I have a baby and a husband, I want him to be safe and a guarantee of survival.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
S&F to the OP for this thread.

Good to see others are feeling the same.

Not sure what, how or when, but you can feel it in the air.

Is it for the better or worse? Feeling is its both. Going to get worse before it gets better though.

My old grand-pappy told me long ago,

"hang on boy, its gonna wild ride".

I got the feeling, I'm getting ready to find out just what my pappy was talking about.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SecretKnowledge
reply to post by apokalupsis33vital

YES! this right here...

close encounters of the third kind.
you know the people that went to the mountain when the ufo's showed up?
in the weeks and days leading up to that event they had a feeling of something they couldnt explain?
an anticipation of an event, that something is going to happen.
well for them something did happen. the ufo's and aliens turned up.
they were drawn to the mountain, not knowing why. or what.
well the feeling we have is similar to this, but to a lesser extent.
for me its certainly not as strong as they had in the film. otherwise i'd go nuts!
we dont know why or what. but we have it too.
its not everyday, its not overwhelming.
but its there, lurking.
its not alien contact, or some sort of signal.
aaaaaaaaaaaah its hard to explain. grrrrrr

^^^^^^This.

This is exactly how I feel. Might be hard for you to explain but you nailed it.

I've often wondered if it was just my imagination playing games. After so many replies, so many people feeling the same thing, perceiving the same 'waiting game', I mean...what are the odds??

No, no, no...it's much more than merely coincidences or imagination. Either we all suffer from common dementia, or something;s up.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Smylee. I think you are right when you find the term "waiting" to not quite express what is being felt. I will offer the word "anticipating". This word suggests not just a passive going about regular duties until the waiting is over but rather an active engagement in a preparatory process even though we really do not know what the process is.

I am in mind of the Neery character in the movie Close Encounters. Not to pin anything on the movie itself but just the drive within the character itself. Recall the fumbling of trying to envision his impulse? The molding of the mud as he tried to form whatever it was that was tickling his mind? Well it was the mountain of course. The point being
that he had only an inkling of what he was going on about.

In any event, the term waiting does little justice to the compelling impetus surging within us. One of many guesses I have come upon in my years is that there really is nothing to wait for. Certainly there is the waiting for Jesus, the aliens, the messiah, the message from the center of the cosmos etc. Yet I think it is here. The opportunity.

Sometimes I think about the Big Bang. Traditionally we think of the BB as something in the past. The lonnnnng ago past. But to my mind the very nature of a singularity is that there is very little with which to compare it and in the scope of the mind boggling size and duration of existence, the BB is really just a blip on the radar. Even to the point I might suggest, that the BB is not over. It is on going.
It is within this on going that I think we are blossoming into so much more than we knew, or even now know, we might be.

I have in my 66 years, tried to align myself with others who had similar impulses as described by so many on this thread and all to little avail. All were short sighted and all the visions written down and codified and eventually adhered to, struggled against, modified and recodified. So I travel my own course, as I suppose must we all, and glory within those brief moments of clearing vision as your wonderful thread has offered. Thanks. T

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Quick question to those who, for lack of a better term, are waiting:

Have you, in the past 6 months or so, had a strong desire to learn a musical instrument? Almost an urge?

I have had no musical inclination, nor really any talent, for my entire 51 years. Yet, about a year ago I had the strongest desire to start playing . . . something. I finally settled on the violin. I'm not great, but I'm picking it up quickly. More importantly I'm having a blast.

I don't know where I'm going with this. I don't have any theories. I was thinking about what feelings had been stirring in me lately - like the constant waiting - and I was wondering if anyone else had experienced anything similar to my musical dabbling.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Haha!

I'm in the states.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Hey Son

And here is a thing for you. Your post had not been published yet when I was writing my post which immediately follows yours. Whoosh.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I had a desire to return to my roots, and it has been fulfilled,
but not under very pleasant circumstances.
It's more than that, but for me it was where i was born.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juslurkin

Have you, in the past 6 months or so, had a strong desire to learn a musical instrument? Almost an urge?

I have had no musical inclination, nor really any talent, for my entire 51 years. Yet, about a year ago I had the strongest desire to start playing . . . something. I finally settled on the violin. I'm not great, but I'm picking it up quickly. More importantly I'm having a blast.

I don't know where I'm going with this. I don't have any theories. I was thinking about what feelings had been stirring in me lately - like the constant waiting - and I was wondering if anyone else had experienced anything similar to my musical dabbling.

Man!! I thought I was the only one!!! I'm trying to learn music so that I can create my own. Life long friends have asked me, "Why all of a sudden?" My response is ALWAYS that I don't really know. Starting about 1 1/2-2 years ago, I just started having the strongest urge to learn and play music, especially a string instrument! I can't explain the urge except that it is VERY strong and never leaves, only intensifies. I'm ecstatic that you posted, thank you, so much... let's talk lol

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

Hiya Terry,

I just read it. We were probably writing at the same time and posted almost at the same time. Nice !

It is within this on going that I think we are blossoming into so much more than we knew, or even now know, we might be.

This is very close to something I tried to explain in my first reply to this thread.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juslurkin

That is so ODD! Yes, my entire family has been bugging me about getting musical instruments. I like to sing, so my instrument is with me always, but my youngest girl wants an amplified acoustic guitar because she wants to learn to play. Then my oldest boy, wants drums. it just came out of nowhere to, about a month ago.

Another odd occurrence from yesterday and today, I was going to create a different thread, but I'm so engaged here, I hope the OP doesn't mind that I share it here...

I've been interested in spirituality their whole lives, and with UFO's my interest has been life long, but it's for the past five or so years I've really been pulled to the topic. Anyhow, none of my kids are really interested in either of those interests.

Anyhow, before I'd discovered this thread or just after, I was eating dinner with the family. Well, my eldest daughter yesterday told us about her first sleep paralysis experience, and that she was sure somebody was there. She says, "Mom, I don't know what it was, but now I know, it ain't make believe."

Well today my four year old is sitting on the couch, I'm behind him on the computer reading through this thread... and he starts chanting "Aliens, aliens, aliens are coming. Aliens, aliens, I see em' coming." Just singing it. It's odd. Cause I don't outwardly talk much about this stuff with my children unless they approach me with questions about the mysterious. I don't want to influence them to be just like me. I want them to grow further and beyond me. Ya know? So I don't press upon them what to believe or not to believe and wait for the questions and encourage that they do their own research. Don't take my word for it, go find it out for yourself.

Then today, posters are posting pics of Encounters of Third Kind and the coincidence is so eerie.

I can't get out of my head though, Henry's little sing song. I turned around and said, "Henry! What are you doing?" He said something to the effect he was talking about the aliens in his dreams. They told him they are on their way. He's 4 !!!

Strange Days.

Peace,
Cirque
edit on 25-2-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
This thread has taught me to stop being an *hole
on ATS.
Thank you all for a great thread.
edit on 25-2-2013 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Th3MissingLink

Like something is going to happen thats going to change the whole ball game. Something thats going to have every human being on earth collectively having a jaw dropping moment.

I think this March, that just might actually happen.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
that waiting sensation you feel the the Echo of Eons rippling through space. What you feel is the seals being broken, one by one in your life time. Everyone is distracted. Everyone believes a man is the anti-christ. We are truly doomed.

The rattlesnake comes, from its firey planet the mouth of satan himself roars. Sending his legions of damned souls. Our god Orion is at war with Satan, what ever you call those monsters. The beings of Orion are shapeshifting gods of fear. The pleidies are humanlike emotionless liars. With big black eyes. Beware. They are already here. for the call of the dragon was almost 10 years ago. They are waiting for the time when they will fully reveal themselves. And when they do. They will claim peace and an alliance. But they will quickly turn on us, And tell us if they don't come with us we will all die. Their tower ships will land. the pods will light up. And they will take everyone who says yes. Anyone left. Is left behind in the rapture of the anti-christ. But the hero. The hero is supposed to arm the weapon. To defeat these demons. And to hide the people in the cities below. So that everyone can survive the coming disaster. The aliens will be angered. And will throw more asteroids at us. Instead of intentionally blowing up a few on the way in.

This is the prophecy that everyone is on edge and waiting for. And with good reason people have forgot this from their mind. Such horrors stress me out. Alot.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Well put sister. I think we're all waiting to be saved or destroyed. I'd be happy with salvation, I'd be disappointed with destruction, but I'd prefer either of those to the prospect of continuing like this forever. We need to change or restart. And I have a feeling that nature agrees with me there

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jcutler12888

I would concur on the half and half part as well. My experiences with the...more complex aspects of dreaming, if you will, didn't really begin until i was around 11, aside from the one particular reoccurring detail that began when I was around 3, but my sense of anticipation has always been there, really. I would feel almost...like i was missing out on a huge part of life without that feeling. Because, rather than leaving me idly waiting, it has led me to take every moment with a sense of wonder, feeling like every instance is special because it will never come again. (A fact that is true without that feeling, of course, but the sense of anticipation serves as a constant reminder.) Like many here, the "waiting" is somewhat ambiguous, more like...I would put it as being like the feeling when a memory is just on the edge of recollection but you can't quite grasp it...and the feeling has most definitely increased dramatically over the past few years.

As for the ties between waking states and dreaming, feel free to U2U me if you'd like to discuss it more! I don't want to derail this thread with it, but I certainly would find your perspectives and experiences with it very interesting. It's not exactly one of those things I can just talk to anyone about and have them understand where I'm coming from, after all.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by saturnine_sweet

yes. read my post what i said. This is the truth of things. I am a seer. And i have been shown things. In real life experiences and in dreams. Connecting to others who have these dreams. This is the truth of things. You can research everything i said for keywords. See exactly what i'm saying. The sphinx if the key. To the hero Orion.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Congrats Smylee on such a successful thread.

I have been away the past week. Buring my uncle. And glanced over topics when I got home in the middle of the night last night. After sleeping in and then taking another mid morning nap, I get up and become functional this afternoon. I read 24 pages of this thread. And after posting will go back and read the next last pages. But I too am so glad of Smylee's timing and content. I am 48. In my subconscience have this very strong underlying wait. I will know when "it" happens that it will be the event. I will know throughout my being that when it happens which event is ultimately the one I know will eventually come. And my uncle's passing has made me look at my own underachievement though the potential is there, and see what direction I need to kick the ball next.

As a child different things happened, and with a childs ability to communicate to her mother, was stifled as in "you can't talk about those things, people will think you are crazy and your life will turn out very difficult and hard." But the only gem of advice she gave me was don't ever forget them and as you get older journal them. The other piece of advice she gave me, though was not her example, or maybe by her enexample, if you want things to happen and change you have to make them happen. And that is what differentiates waiting for tangible changes in our lives as to the OP waiting. During my failed marriage, I didn't want it to end but my soul and mind were collapsing on myself. The best advise a lifelong friend gave me for reluctantancy was standing at the top of the hill, tap the ball over the edge, it will pick up its own speed, you don't have to slam it down the hill. And change and mind resolved it's distress. Thats the difference in making my life change and this other waiting.

This waiting game has no ball, but I feel I am still climbing the hill cause its not time yet. The climb is preparing and strengthening so when we see the ball drop, or shoe as some have analagized, we will be prepared. I know it's bigger than one person, so it will take the collective to recover. I have often wondered how did the survivors of the depression of the 30s and the WWs know they would overcome the hardships that the changes brought? We do need as individuals be prepared on a personal level with basic gardening skills and water purification processes. But more and most importantly, learn how to have open hearts and compassion. But God will ultimately provide in good times and in bad, I just hope we don't wait too much longer, cause I ain't liking the current turn this world is taking.
edit on 25-2-2013 by SunflowerStar because: turn turn turn

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenOne23
I have always felt the same way. My whole life. I am only 20, when i found out about all of this I was only 17, aince thwn my life had drastically changed. Every day it feels closer and to see all the things that were predicted years ago coming true, its just unnerving. To my understanding, some people were ment to be knowledge seekers and some were definately not. There are people I know that just will not accept the fact that something is wrong with our world, they act so blind. I've tried and tried to tell them and warn them and they treat me like I'm crazy. So, typically I stopped trying years ago. Now I am back to the point where it feels so close an I feel so drawn to keep pumping them with the obvious. The sad part most of these people are true believers and strong Christians. It seems like it is so hard for them to take in, like they do not want to believe this could be the end. My father is one of those people, all I want to do is keep my family safe. I want to make a game plan, a way to survive and all he wants to do is act like everything is okay. Why do people deny the truth? It just kills me that they cannot feel what I feel. The need to be prepared. I have a baby and a husband, I want him to be safe and a guarantee of survival.

What things predicted years ago are coming true ? You stopped trying to get your point across years ago and you're only 20 ? Didnt give it much of a shot did you ?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

I had a cousin who died at 18. His life was half over when he was nine years old. That is something to contemplate.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join