It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Waiting Game: Do You Feel It?

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
it's always disconcerting when you discover something that others have yet to find. I remeber what it was like being the (appearing white kid wh was actually native) child of bigots.. I was BORN different than them.. Knew in my soul that what they taught me was not the right way.. Just knew it... Always been one who thinks helping others is the way we should live our lives.

Yet back in 1969 I think we all were waiting on the next big thing.. got hijacked by the men as crooked as mountain roads.. and forgot to follow our inner voice

we dropped the ball in so many ways

It's never been my way to wait for others. Always lived alone..walked my own path.. Still, I do feel there is this energy that could go either way in the air.. one side is love and the other side hate.
All I can know is what I shall choose.

We have waited for leaders and others to tell us what to wear think eat smell , do etc for way too long. Tune into your own inner voice.. do what that nice lady suggested go volunteer.. Just participate..

Nothng ever really shows up when you are looking for it, most often it shows up when least expected

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by pjforce
reply to post by smyleegrl
There seems to be a common Denominator. From most of the replies that I have read we are all from generation X
I'm 41 and I feel like I'm 25

Maybe we are all the 'Tomorrow People'
You probs need to be 45 plus and British to Understand this.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
This thread makes me sad in so many ways.

I see so many people that seem to have lost all hope and are waiting for some major event to change their lives.

You must be the change you wish to see in the world. Mahatma Gandhi

Get back to some things that used to make you happy as a child. Start to enjoy at least one thing in your lives, then build upon that each day.

If you don't like your life, then change it to exactly how you would like it to be.

Beautiful quote, and a great message.

I like the quote from Shawshank Redemption: "Get busy living, or get busy dying." Kinda the same thing.

But this isn't a thread about hating life, feeling depressed, or WAITING FOR CHANGE. I'm not a reactive person; I prefer to take what I want from life. And I do. My life is what I make of it, for good or bad.

But that's not what I mean when I say I feel like I'm waiting. And I apologize because I cannot seem to find the words to express this feeling in a way that everyone can understand.

I just feel like something's coming. Maybe there is, maybe there isn't....but the feeling is there.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by HumansEh

And I realize that. I didnt say everyone who posted. I just said I saw a trend and I addressed that. All I can say for those who are offended by what I wrote is ask yourself if its a case of "IF the shoe fits wear it " See, that's me being ugly but I am human. For myself I dont feel this waiting thing. Something big is always on the horizon. Something big has always just happened and that will be a topic of discussion for as long as people have an interest in it. Realize that it is already happening or just did or will tomorrow. We live in a world of instant knowledge. We literally know when that butterfly in Malaysia beats its wings and can see the ramifications a long way off. Perhaps its a case of too much input. I dont know. I doubt its a mystical calling together of would be saints and archangels who will usher in a new age for mankind. That sounds too much like a Stephen King book. But if thats what you all want from this thread ok. I dont see too many answers coming out just a bunch of folks saying me too.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deny777

Originally posted by mcsandy
reply to post by OutonaLimb

HI OOL-

Just curous about your post. Ides of March; I believe most know what that means. With said, you and many others have stated that "pieces of the puzzle are fallling into place," and your comment of the wait is coming to an end soon.

I would love to know your thoughts; of course without straying from the OPs precedent.

Thanks!

So there's a general agreement on something happening on March? This is very interesting, last December I had an experience that can only be described as receiving a telepathic message, can't remember that something like this ever happened before. The message was just this: "March 31st". Maybe it doesn't mean anything, nevertheless I find it interesting that others have a feeling about March as well.

I'll be appearing on TV on March 31st!!

No joke.....

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Serdgiam

A star for you. This thread could be an illustration of the Law of Attraction in action. LOL.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Once again. My post was not to everyone in the thread it outlined a trend that I noticed.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeafTone
Thank you for this thread!
I'm a little late to the party, but I can relate to what a lot of you are saying. Along with the feeling of waiting for something to happen, I've also had a feeling like I'm waiting to be able to leave. I'm not sure if it's to leave the planet or this plane of existence, but the feeling has always been there.
I think I'm most excited to see what happens after I pass. Not trying to be morbid, I'm also excited to see how far life takes me and has to show!

Yes... waiting to leave this place! I've had many similar thoughts and days when I've watched the sky at night just waiting for the Mothership!!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

It was speculate on the meaning....... of a life unexamined. Different from what you thought I said.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61560

Your further posts have only continued to express exactly what i pointed out: you warn of schizophrenia, say people can't be happy alone, say esteem comes from the external world, etc etc. You come across as though you feel you have no worth beyond what society gives you. True self-esteem and self worth COMES from introspective contemplation, from being yourself, doing for yourself, living as yourself. Esteem built upon society is fragile, fleeting, and leads a person to spend their life trying to make everyone else happen instead of growing as a unique individual. I don't think you're trying to troll, but....still...I wonder.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

The purpose of this earthly life from the inspired word of God:

Eccl 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

This is how we will be measured when we die and are judged. We are either going to heaven or hell. The judgment will be perfectly just. The case will be closed for eternity.

Now would be a really good time to get to know Jesus Christ of Nazareth (the coming "messiah" will be a deception. You WILL fall for it if not covered by the blood of Jesus Christ).

Amen, and amen.
edit on 2/25/2013 by DissentFromDayOne because: typos

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by aem56
we dropped the ball in so many ways

We sure have.

It's never been my way to wait for others. Always lived alone..walked my own path.. Still, I do feel there is this energy that could go either way in the air.. one side is love and the other side hate.
All I can know is what I shall choose.

I think that choice has always existed, but the full extent of the repercussions were never really available. With things like guns and even fire, we saw a glimpse of how that choice can manifest through our inventions.

We seem to be in an age where the next big discoveries would open up some massive possibilities. Something like atomic technology may be rendered obsolete at some point. And that would mean what replaced it has a greater ability to either be used to prosper, or destroy. The choice will be up to all of the people who are living. And inevitably, there will be a point where the choice of destruction (or hate) will result in the destruction of life on this planet as we know it. Seeing the energy of an atomic weapon and the exponential growth of technology, I dont think that point is very far off even if we are talking something like 100 years.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by pjforce

And maybe I feel differently because I am 56 years old. My generation saw the invention of color TV and the internet. When I was a kid I had to shelp my butt to the library if I wanted to know a subject in depth. Now I just have to google. LOL I had to add google to my desktop dictionary. See thats an example of the changes in just my lifetime. Anyway I lived through the age of Aquarius and the age of the manual typewriter.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Thank you smyleegrl for this amazing topic.

I've been hanging around ATS for a long time, but this is the first thread that made me register.

I'm 51 years old. I have a wonderful life. I'm active, engaged, married for 35 years, father of two wonderful daughters, and I delight in this magnificent world - each and every moment.

And yet, from my earliest memories I was waiting. Waiting. Waiting. Not for anything specific. I wasn't ducking meteors, or watching for Nibiru, or waiting for the oceans to flood the land. I'm not waiting to die. There is an entire earth for me to explore before I shuffle off this mortal coil.

But I can't shake the feeling that something is approaching, something that will forever change the way we live.

And that feeling is accelerating each day. I'm don't know whether I'm happy, or a little unnerved, that so many feel the same way.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SecretKnowledge

i think you are, no actually i know you are, missing the point of this thread entirely.
nobody thinks they are meant to do something great.
we feel that something great is due to happen
delusions of grandeur?
nobody here is that big-headed

Well...
I did but I got over them after the whole cape jump from the roof didn't work out as I had envisioned...

link   
I cant find the post I was going to reply to, but it seems that others are also 'WAITING to see something' .

I was going to say that maybe its not WAITING to see something but its we must STOP something from happening and that WHAT : The Nuke!!

We must not let that NUKE go off!!

link   

edit on 25-2-2013 by Yesmaybe because: to quote

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

That is soooo cool. Why will you be on TV? I was on the radio once talking to Howard Stern. He actually spoke respectfully to me if you can believe that.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The feeling is ALMOST like a cross between the following:

1) DESTINY.

2) A superior consciousness, reality, that is forgotten in life, but realized again in death, such as in:

3) The unmistakable, indescribable, and palpable pull of a calling, such as in Close Encounters:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I understand, please don't think that you have offended anyone, you haven't.
This thread needs posts like yours, as you said otherwise it would have just ended up a load of old farts agreeing with each other. Other viewpoints are always welcome and teach and introduce things that otherwise may be overlooked by both parties.

Well written and thought out posts disagreeing with the general flow of a thread are lifeblood. If you believe what you write then argue till your fingers ache. A bit of hunger, makes food delicious.
Respect: Humans eh!

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join