It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Waiting Game: Do You Feel It?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I can only speak for myself in saying that I AM NOT WAITING FOR ANYTHING to change in my life....

BUT.. and a BIG BUT... something is coming in spite of my life, something that I cannot control, something that I'm not looking for but I have a feeling that something BIG is coming.

I've read a few posts and I think a few people are missing the point a little.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProjectAlice
I've been reading this website for a long time, but I've never in my life heard anyone else ever bring up this subject so I was compelled to register and reply. I too have felt this my entire life, going back as far as I can remember. (maybe 6 years old?) I'm 46 now. (Blood type is A+) That feeling of waiting... that something massive is going to happen and I'm going to be there when it does and I will have a purpose there.

You might be happy to know that this is a recurring theme here on ATS. Some of the threads take slightly different directions, but there are many saying the same thing.

I am sure if you do a search for things like "strange feeling" etc you will find some of the threads that have been posted in these regards. I think there have been several with "Do You Feel It?" in the title.

I see quite a bit of confirmation bias present in such threads, but I think the feeling is accurate as there is almost always that "something" for each generation. Some of the bigger ones, in no specific order, have been the General Theory of Relativity, Firearms, Fire, Agriculture, and many more. I have no doubt that all of these changed life significantly and there will undoubtedly continue to be these amazing discoveries as long as we continue exploring the universe around us.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Crap, girl
Im crowding 70 shudder....
But the wait goes on....
I have begun tho think that the feeling you describe is merely that of the human condition of consciousness....
To be alive, is to be constantly"waiting" for something to happen....
Its probably part of the awareness of danger mechanism, that never quite lets the alertness totally relax....always keeping one eye and one ear out for the danger signal.....
IDK kiddo,
i sure wish whatever it is happens before i kick the bucket, and while im able to take part....

regards ......s

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I too feel the same. When I was younger I was more than happy living life the way you're expected to, but as I've grown up, and found myself, I feel more and more that I'm waiting for 'something'. But the feeling also includes not fitting in...in fact, the stronger I feel like this, the less I feel I fit in.
I guess this is one of the reasons we're all congregated here...searching for something we don't yet know.
It's nice to know there are many others feeling similar to me though...it eases the sense of isolation a little!

I wonder if we'll ever find that missing thing that makes us all feel this way?
edit on 25-2-2013 by SamYool83 because: Extended thought

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serdgiam

Originally posted by ProjectAlice
I've been reading this website for a long time, but I've never in my life heard anyone else ever bring up this subject so I was compelled to register and reply. I too have felt this my entire life, going back as far as I can remember. (maybe 6 years old?) I'm 46 now. (Blood type is A+) That feeling of waiting... that something massive is going to happen and I'm going to be there when it does and I will have a purpose there.

You might be happy to know that this is a recurring theme here on ATS. Some of the threads take slightly different directions, but there are many saying the same thing.

I am sure if you do a search for things like "strange feeling" etc you will find some of the threads that have been posted in these regards. I think there have been several with "Do You Feel It?" in the title.

I see quite a bit of confirmation bias present in such threads, but I think the feeling is accurate as there is almost always that "something" for each generation. Some of the bigger ones, in no specific order, have been the General Theory of Relativity, Firearms, Fire, Agriculture, and many more. I have no doubt that all of these changed life significantly and there will undoubtedly continue to be these amazing discoveries as long as we continue exploring the universe around us.

Agreed 1000%.

And to further add, yesterday I was on the phone with my family and a subject which we often discuss is how many times I've been "saved". Reminiscent of a miracle. Many, many times from car accidents, other times from various hazardous objects, the list goes on.

I wold also assume most people here approach death with curiosity as opposed to fear.

We are not of this place originally me thinks...

edit on 25-2-2013 by Mortalhelix because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mister_Bit
I can only speak for myself in saying that I AM NOT WAITING FOR ANYTHING to change in my life....

BUT.. and a BIG BUT... something is coming in spite of my life, something that I cannot control, something that I'm not looking for but I have a feeling that something BIG is coming.

I've read a few posts and I think a few people are missing the point a little.

Wish i could give you more than one star! I popped a post in a while ago basically saying the same thing. I admit we are all subject to our comprehension and interpretation skills of any material we read but I agree with you. Some have glazed over the intent and decided we are all sheep waiting for our farmers to move us to the next grazing field...and that ain't it!

My life is just fine the way it is...I am not looking for a miracle to make "my" world better. I just have a hunch that "something is coming" and many-many people have expressed the same 'feeling".

Is it good? Is it bad? Is it an event? is it a person? Will it be a scientific discovery? Will it be a global collapse of economies?

I have no idea. I just have that feeling that something "profound" or "special" is going to happen.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sharkman

I don't like giving advice, but if we begin to show more compassion and patience with those around us and make a point of helping those around us who genuinely need it and are not asking for it you begin to grow because of that action.

Your advice is spot on.

Our yearning is there for a reason and it is our true guide in life.

What many are feeling and experiencing these days is the "Heart Center" opening up for those that wish to reach a higher level of understanding. I'm seeing this more and more everyday and this is not New Age propaganda, but the awareness of someone that is working from the Heart Center.

This understanding will be something that everyone has been waiting for and wanting. What is so empowering about this feeling is it will be brought on by the "Self" and not some external savior, or religious dogma.

It's funny this thread was posted because I have what I feel if the response to this thread, only a few hours later without ever knowing it existed until I read it this morning.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This energy/ feeling will start to reach a critical mass, and help to transform how we live, think, work, sleep, play and our entire way of life to something that all of us, at this point, can't even imagine.

Again it will be done through the self and not some external savior.

Peace,

RT

edit on 25-2-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I was reading this thread on my kindle for a good part of the day and since it is hard to reply on the kindle with that tiny Barbie sized keyboard I just read without adding anything to the thread.
This is what I read.
I have always felt this way. I feel that life has no purpose. I do not like other people. I prefer to be alone. I am a hermit. The world sucks the way it is.
These are all symptoms of serious depression and from reading this thread it seems that there are a few people on this website that are suffering from it.
Each post is an almost carbon copy of the post before it and here you guys are slapping each other on the back saying hey I am glad I am not the only one who feels this way. This is a good start for some kind of group therapy. If you can continue to explore these feelings without going off the deep end into the enlightenment genre I am willing to bet that with time all of you can eliminate those feelings of waiting for something. As John Lennon put it. Life is what happens while you're making other plans. Its life. We are born, we die. What happens in between is your life experiences. Some of these are good and some of these are bad. Some are very personal and some are societal such as Sept 11 or the Japan EQ. In total they make up a life. Experience has taught me that focusing on the bad things makes me feel bad and focusing on the good makes me feel good. Not that the bad needs to go completely unexplored, no not at all however the focus should be on how to improve the bad or learn from it so that we can be proactive in the future and not repeat the mistakes of the past. I hope I have not stepped on any toes but I really do not think that there is anything mystical about what you are feeling. It is discontent and that can be changed. My first piece of advice would be to refocus onto someone other than yourself. Volunteer at a soup kitchen or homeless shelter. Go help out at the SPCA. There is a girl in NY I think it is who stands at the subway station platform giving away oranges every day and wishing everyone a good day. I am betting that she never questions what her existence is all about. She is focused on other people and spreading cheer not introverted and speculating on the meaning of a life unexamined. I am subject to the doldrums too and when I get that way I too question why. I have to pull myself up and out of it. Ok. thats my two cents.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I can't say that I am "Waiting" for the same reasons; I had put under Mood: Waiting ..a few months ago because in my case I am now waiting for the last offense, the last lie, the last abomination, the last straw until all Hell Breaks Loose and I don't think it will be long now. Many who think they have made great strides and are now jumping around out in the open fields are going to suddenly be shocked to learn what people really felt, really believed....a lot..I mean an Ocean of scores are going to be settled and that is all I have to say about that.

edit on 25-2-2013 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I think you cherry picked and are not being intellectually honest...or perhaps reading comprehension isn't one of your strengths, I apologize if that is the case.
I obviously disagree with your Rex Reed like critique of this thread.

(response to Karen61560)
edit on 25-2-2013 by Res Ipsa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61560

Great post.

When we wait for something with such rabid anticipation, we tend to build up unrealistic expectations. There will likely never be a single event that lives up to this, and the waiting continues endlessly until death.

We have special and amazing things that happen to us continuously. The really neat events, like the discovery of fire, almost inspire us on to reach greater heights. But, there will always be more to discover and learn. There isnt really that one thing, its just so many that sometimes is easy to miss the forest for the trees. Finding satisfaction of that process of growing helps me see how incredible every moment is, even if its shrouded in sadness or lit up by joy.

And then we die!

edit on 25-2-2013 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Newagekid2012
Wait is almost up, you will see the true reality of things soon. We have hit a breaking point we cannot go on much longer in this way. We had the chance to change now the people in charge are going to try to change it for their good. But as all things powerful it will come to a end, people will awaken to the true reality of things(not some new age nonsense like you all probably think i am talking about by now) but that they are more or less slaves to a corrupt system that has used them for its own profit.

What he said and.... you don't have tomorrow you have left the past.. All you have is here and now.. All you can truly change is yourself. Be the change you want to see to use an old saying..

That said. since I was a small child I knew somethng was not right.. and all I can tell you is this. when I have trusted that inner voice I have and we all have.. I am okay.. whe I get bogged down in others opinions and facts..I forget my own path... Be true to you and just put one foot in front of the other.. all things are revealed in their own time in their own way..

I think we fuss about control of things we have no control over for several reasons...
1. we see our mislead leaders doing it
2. we are herd anmals after all
3 we obey the cultural imperatives instead of our own inner sense of what is right and wrong.. there is good in the world and there is evil... those who do no harm are good, those that don't are evil. Yet even this is short sighted because we all have the capacity for good or evil within us..It is simply that which you choose to be that you will become

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
ive said it already and im saying it again...
absolutely fantastic thread

not one single troll post
mature content
hardly any one liners
everyone coming together sharing their feelings of a feeling
this is best thread ive participated in on ATS

edit on 25/2/13 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
This has been a great thread! I can relate to SO many members post's. I think most all of us feel we have found that we are not so "strange" as we might have thought. If anyone ever gets a group or page together please send me an invite!
50 going on 30

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SecretKnowledge
ive said it already and im saying it again...
absolutely fantastic thread

not one single troll post
mature content
hardly any one liners
everyone coming together sharing their feelings of a feeling

this is best thread ive participated in on ATS

Exactly my thoughts. Yesterday I was thinking wow not single one troll (not that I witnessed one) and BEST thread in a very long time imo.

Thank you again Smily for bringing this community closer than ever.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
i honestly feel as if we're waiting on a majority consensus from the global population. at this point in time i'd say NOT EVEN 1% of the worlds population would be ready to embrace drastic change in every aspect of life such as banking, government, religions, science, established "facts" or theories regarding our history and origins as humans.
When the veil of secrecy is lifted off the masses we'll either plunge into disaster or awaken with a new sense of awareness and values

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
The waiting really does make one question. Can I just wait ? Or can I use the feeling of waiting to further examine the moment? Thinking that something is on the way, well, it can certainly lead to the feeling of lack of control of the coming event for which I will be powerless.
However while I'm waiting for whatever it may be, I am trying to use the enlightenment to further the experience of my day. I can sense the impending event. But if I wondered, hmm, what is going on with this? I feel I would be in a condition of less control. I use the feeling of waiting to fulfill my own soul and try to reach out. And while the band plays on, I dance.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
For those who feel that they are meant to do something special or great be careful. That could be a sign of schizophrenia. It is called having delusions of grandeur

www.healthyplace.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61560

Well I'm the first to admit to depression, and I'm diagnosed with PTSD, which does affect my life and are issues I'm dealing with.

However, this "feeling" doesn't have anything to do with my life and the experiences I've had through life. I've a wonderful life, and I'm blessed. I've also had my share of heartache, but we gotta get back up on the horse when you get bucked off. Right? My husbands my best friend, I've four beautiful kids, I've traveled. I've always been a service to others sort of person. In my younger years I was a waitress and later became a nurse.

This feeling however of waiting, has been with me since, well for as long as I can remember. It has always driven me to be introverted, reflective, and seeking. I'm always seeking information. I can never get enough. I want to figure it out now. I'm not content with waiting for death to figure it all out. I want the game book and KNOW what I can do to CHANGE now for the benefit of us all. So, perhaps the waiting is in the discovery. I don't know. I just know that feeling has always been there, and has never went away. Even while I'm living and engaging in my life fully. That gnawing feeling is just there. So I search and search and I've faith someday I'll find it. My goal is to figure it out BEFORE I'm dead! And I enjoy this journey we call life, it's mine.

Peace,
Cirque

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkYouSpeak
When the veil of secrecy is lifted off the masses we'll either plunge into disaster or awaken with a new sense of awareness and values

When the veil is lifted it will not be by an external force, but an internal force powered by ourselves.

No worries about plunging into darkness, because that is what the majority are experiencing currently.

The reason this thread is resonating with so many members is that they are tired of the "Status Quo" and awareness from the "Heart Center" is starting to reveal the truth.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join