It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Waiting Game: Do You Feel It?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Yep, I've definitely had the feeling of "something is coming" or "something is going to happen..." Almost every day I look out the window up at the sky and have a thought along the lines of "not yet."

On the other hand, everything I read and hear tells me not to wait for external events, but to change from within.

Maybe it's a combination -- change from within so you'll be where you need to be when external events do come.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
INFJ
O+
Odd ball

Great topic and thread.
I can't say I feel exactly the same way but maybe similar enough.
Instead of a sense of waiting, I feel restless, like something is missing or out of place.
Like most of you here, I just live my life, go with the flow but every now and then it just hits me.
As if I'm not doing what I'm meant to do. Like my purpose is something different and that I straid from that path.
Maybe I've been waiting for sense of purpose. To find my 'destiny' if you will.
But I'm not sure I believe in that. Still I keep searching and find myself envious of people who seem to be happy with who they are and what they do.

Actually I have a confession to make.
What I find somewhat disturbing, is the way I react to 'breaking news'.
Like 911 which is horrible. But something in me gets excited with anticipation.
"Is this it?"
This is kind of scary, so I ignore it.
But this topic reminds me of that feeling if you will.

Cheers,

z00m

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
From the looks of it most of us have experienced the same thing and have felt we were alone in this experience. Now we have found each other! There has to be a reason we have been brought together.

I must be the "old lady" of the group! LOL I am 62 years old. My IQ is 140. I have been a caregiver all of my life. I cared for my parents for 15 years, my father in law for 7 years, My husband for two years before he passed away in 2003. Now I care for a friend with Aspberger's. During all of this time I have educated myself on the computer. I can't seem to learn enough fast enough! I'm not sitting around "waiting" for something to happen. I'm actively seeking what seems to be just out of my vision, so to speak. Twelve years ago I had a near-death experience and actually fell into the light, but was told it was not my time. I was ticked off for two years after they revived me. I had a bad reaction to blood thinners after a heart attack and literally bled out. It took almost a year to recover from it. It took almost six months for me to walk again.

I feel like I am still alive for a reason. I don't know what it is, but I will continue to seek it.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcutler12888
I know that was a lot of information but does anyone else identify with what I said?

And does any of it have anything to do with this feeling...no, this KNOWLEDGE...that something is coming and will happen that is far bigger than me or you or any of us?

I just...want to know. I want some sort of explanation or at least to be able to have someone identify with what I said or say, "Hey, I've felt the same way, I've been through some of the same stuff and it made me feel this way even more" or whatever someone would say.

I've been living my life to the fullest every day, I'm not waiting for anything to change my life because only God and I can do that. But I know that no matter how much I try to block it out or ignore it, the feeling of waiting and knowing it's coming has been growing stronger every day since I was a child. So what the Hell are we all waiting for? What's coming???

Well seeing as you are of higher intelligence from all the information you provided. It could very likely be a sense of your natural ability to be analytical and observant throughout your life.

Accumulating information of both the self and of your peers and surroundings along with historical, psychological, and anthropological knowledge of the planet and the creatures that dwell within it. When taking all those factors into account along with the rapid expanding technological age and growing population rate, maybe this feeling you have of something big happening all your life correlates to the fact that something big always happens to the weary mind.

I cannot regard myself as highly intellectual as I have never had an IQ test but what I can say in regards to human nature and the pace we are developing at. The inevitability that something of epic proportions is around the corner is a mere product of your constant awareness.

Clearly In our current state of existence with highly accessible information at the touch of a button and the blatant instability of the current monetary system and gargantuan extortion of natural resources anyone with common sense could have this uneasy felling about the future. Yet seeking answers from others of what exactly is going to happen will just fall under the category of predictions.

So I recommend that you seek further understanding in regards with your interests and follow your intuitions in regards with the closure you need past turbulent times in your life.

Good things

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by saturnine_sweet

It's hard to explain but I'll do my best. From as far back as I can remember, I've been a lucid dreamer but not all of my dreams have always been lucid. When I was very young, I was very extroverted and in touch with my emotions. I have always dealt with three types of dreams: the first being lucid dreaming, where I knew I was dreaming and could control my dreams, like building my own dream world or playing out a fantasy; the second type of dreams I had were like astral projection...it was like getting up out of my body and being able to walk around but not affect or change anything; the third type of dream was precognitive...I would be in a dream, in settings known or unknown to me with people known or unknown to me, and I would witness an event or chain of events and upon waking, those dreams would literally come true. As I suffered childhood traumas and abuse, I became very introverted and I cut myself off from all of my feelings/emotions in an attempt to psychologically protect myself...upon all of that happening, I started suffering from insomnia but when I could sleep, the lucid dreaming changed to where I was aware that I was dreaming but could no longer control the dream and they turned into lucid nightmares of things that were happening in real life and the pain I was subjected to in real life translated into my lucid dreams and I felt them just as intensely as I would if I were awake, it came to where the astral projection dreams felt more like a struggle to leave my body and then I wouldn't wake for long periods of time because it was like I knew I was sleeping and dreaming and I was in control and wouldn't return to my body because I didn't want to, and the precognitive dreams that were once so clear because muddled and foggy as if they were covered in thick fog or smoke and I could only catch bits of what was going to happen. Once I got older and the abuse stopped, I somewhat forcefully made myself behave in an extroverted manner and I tried to reconnect with my emotions/feelings but it was very difficult...I started sleeping more soundly (but not much) and I still had lucid nightmares but gradually the lucid dreams where I was aware AND in control and able to live out my fantasies in dream worlds of my making began to return, the astral projection dreams weren't a place to hide anymore, and my precognitive dreams began to clear up. When I married my ex-husband and ended up in an abusive situation again, it was my nature at that point to lock my feelings/emotions deep within and far away from where anyone could hurt me...insomnia returned with a vengeance and when I could sleep, that's when the lucid dreams went away again, the astral projection dreams were an escape again, and the precognitive dreams became a nearly indecipherable haze. After my ex-husband tried to kill me in a particularly drawn out and brutal fashion. I was completely numb and cut off from my emotions/feelings. I felt like if I let myself feel, I would simply die from how bad it all would hurt so I just locked it away and now I barely have the capacity to feel. I suffer from terrible insomnia, but meds help me sleep. The lucid dreams have all turned to various flashback nightmares where I'm aware but can't control them; I've locked who I am so deep within my psyche that when I have astral projection dreams, I can't get out of my body, it feels like my body is concrete casing holding onto my soul and I try so hard to slip out but I can't cuz I'm held down by a million pounds and I wake from them feeling like I just ran a marathon, and the precognition dreams are completely gone. I've been prescribed anxiety and sleeping meds for the PTSD and anxiety disorder I have as a result of years of various types of childhood/early-mid teen years abuse, years of various types of spousal abuse, and the murder attempt that lasted for an hour and put me in a coma for two weeks...when I take the meds, I don't dream at all. It's like being empty or dead for a few hours. Now that I'm an adult, I've been able to look back and see the connections between my ability to feel and my ability to dream, and then the connection between traumas taking away my ability to feel and losing my ability to dream through the loss of my ability to feel. When I say I lost my dreams or I don't dream, and I lost my emotions and I can't feel, I mean it quite literally. I keep my emotions so locked away that it has kept me from being able to feel anything...happiness, anger, sadness, fear, any emotion and I just don't feel it. I haven't even cried in over two years, and I hadn't cried in a year and a half before that. Now that my dreams have turned on me or just disappeared, I simply take the meds to let me sleep and actually get some peace and rest. In my mind and from an objective point of view, my emotions and my dreams are clearly related.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I'm going to have to be boring I'm afraid and mirror everything everyone else has said lol

I'm in my 40's and as most everyone else has said, I feel IT. I've always had the feeling or knowledge that I'm here to witness something huge, almost like that it my sole purpose of being here at this time.

A few others have also said that they felt that they have been "saved" for this time and I also feel this. There are times when I probably should've died but by some "miracle" I've made it through, almost as if I wasn't supposed to go right then.

I also feel at this point that time does seem to be accellerating, I find myself with less and less time somehow and it's making me anxious. Weeks pass in what used to be a day and hours are like minutes.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadMan78
One of my biggest fears in life is facing my death bed and thinking it never happened.

Death may be what you are waiting for. Perhaps precisely what some of us are waiting for is to die, for the last time, and to be reborn never to die again.

Ive felt for a very long time now, that this is my last life here. I have recollections of past lives going back a very long way. I feel and know Ive been here a very long time, and I sense I am seeing a repeat of an era of history that Ive seen at least once before, which leads to the ultimate demise of the civilization thats been infiltrated by evil and corrupted completely.

I am certainly "waiting for something". Perhaps its in this life and a major event thats being theorized about, but if its not, then it is certain that what Ive been waiting for is the end of this last life, and the completion of a very, very long stay on Earth.

Im definitely looking forward to it

edit on 2/25/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Philippines
In this thread: A lot of people waiting for "something" to change their lives.

I will probably catch a lot of crap for this, and maybe it has been brought up already, but I didn't want to read through 10 pages of people explaining their waiting situation.

Why are you waiting for outside influences to dictate a change in your life? That is EXACTLY why the "system" people are complaining about exists.

If you don't like your life, change it. Get out of your comfort zone, try something new. Travel the world.

Waiting gets boring, and in the meantime you get distracted from truly enjoying this life.

... I used to feel the same sentiments as many of you, years ago

I am sure someone already responded to this, but I am not sure you read the OP's thread.

This is not about the system....it is not about complaining.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpenEars123

Thank you for the kind words, and who knows, maybe *I'm* the special one ;-)

Yeah that never sounds right...Of course I always like that line from the Incredibles when everyone is special then no one is.

And I am not implying I am special or unique matter of fact I am pretty normal. It is this feeling that makes me think I have a special purpose or something.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
Of course I always like that line from the Incredibles when everyone is special then no one is.

Just wanted to expand that this saying (or others saying the same thing) is much, much older than the animated movie. Though, I sure do tend to like those animated movies. Seem to be of more consistent quality than any other "genre."

edit on 25-2-2013 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Thank you for this thread!
I'm a little late to the party, but I can relate to what a lot of you are saying. Along with the feeling of waiting for something to happen, I've also had a feeling like I'm waiting to be able to leave. I'm not sure if it's to leave the planet or this plane of existence, but the feeling has always been there.
I think I'm most excited to see what happens after I pass. Not trying to be morbid, I'm also excited to see how far life takes me and has to show!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jcutler12888

That is...simply fascinating. So much so that I sit here uncertain of how to reply. I am what you might call a reluctant believer. At heart, I am skeptical of everything and want to know how everything works prior to believing in it, yet I have had personal experiences that I cannot deny, at the same time. Chief amongst those is well...a story so very like yours in regards to the link between emotions and dreaming that I am astounded. Everything you said in regards to the interaction of your emotions and dreams and how they correspond with your waking life describes my experiences perfectly. Which is not something I readily admit, as I find the average person to be...very disdainful of the idea of dreams being much more than the leftovers of the day.

As with you, my dreams, their clarity, and my control over them, fluctuates according to my emotional state/state of mind in general. I have never reached quite the point that you describe, with everything locked away completely, but I have been down that road far enough to understand it, and have lived with the resulting insomnia for about a decade now. It is very very surprising to hear it from another person, as I am much more accustomed to the "just stop thinking and go to sleep" sort of perspective that most people have.

Now, I have to ask...do you think precognitive dreaming that you have experienced might be related to your feeling of anticipation? That perhaps you have dreamt of something coming, but only recall enough to feel it drawing near? I could expound upon that subject at length, but I don't want to derail the thread, so I'll leave it at that for the moment.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa
reply to post by Char-Lee

We all want to be unique and special and in the grand scheme of things we all truly are, but that isn't enough. Granted this thread has drawn out the introverts in force and have felt safe because of shared thoughts and feelings that we all once thought was unique to ourselves or at least as compared to the people that surround us. We are dreamers. We fantasize about being a crew member on Star Trek or how cool it would be to be a part of the Star Gate crew. We want and feel like we should be a part of something greater. The safest place to be most of the time these days are in our day dreams or for me lost in a day of RPG's or 15 episodes in a row of X-Files on Netflix. There is a psychological, rooted in science explanation for our commonality....but that doesn't mean that it has to exclude any other reason....not to mention the benefit so many people have gotten from this thread...that is real human connection good stuff.

I agree good stuff indeed but disagree that it is the desire to be unique and special that is the source. I was labelled as gifted and a genius since childhood and had a rather messed up life as a result. Every birthday, for as long as I remember, my birthday wish when I blew out the candles was to be normal. I cannot even number the nights that I cried and felt abysmally alone to the point where I'd pass out from sheer grief. It wasn't until the last year that I finally became comfortable in my own skin. Do I think I'm special? No, for I know that there are many others out there like me and some probably far superior. I'm the total pragmatist and terribly humble. I am my own worst, ruthless critic.

I agree that it does seem to be a lot of introverts. I'm INTJ. From those that have mentioned their MBTI, IN seems to be the common denominator--introversion and intuition. Part 1 explains the withdrawing and part 2, well, we're capable of seeing what is out there and having an intuitive response to all that similar information. As far as it coming from youth, I'd say that there were signs even back then that things would not remain sustainable. Make sense?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mister_Bit
I also feel at this point that time does seem to be accellerating, I find myself with less and less time somehow and it's making me anxious. Weeks pass in what used to be a day and hours are like minutes.

100% I can corroborate that! Time is speeding by and it seems most would say it's due to this "big event" we're all "supposed" to see. I can't say that. What I can say is that time is becoming distorted, and I've heard the phrase time slip used around here - whatever that really means, it sounds like what has been happening to me. At least for the entire new year.

Another thing I've noticed, and this is weird... many times it feels as though I'm looking through at my life with someone else's eyes. Like someone pops into my consciousness and I perceive their presence. Other times, sometimes only for moments, it feels as though I am a completely different and "blank" person looking through my eyes and this life and piecing things together. Then I go back to me. This feels like it's related to TIME somehow.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

Originally posted by DeadSnow
reply to post by smyleegrl

I feel the same although this feeling is an illusion, time waits for no man, and life is too short to sit around and wait.

2nd.

I don't think any one of us are sitting around waiting.

Im living life to the fullest!

The waiting game is a feeling as if we are expecting something grand to take place within and abroad.

So glad you said that, I am thinking some have misunderstood. The feeling is something separate completely with what you are doing. I have a wonderful marriage and I love many many things, gardening sewing, reading hiking..I could go on and on...

Although it does seem many of us have separated themselves to a certain extent from mainstream society and its practices.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I've been reading this website for a long time, but I've never in my life heard anyone else ever bring up this subject so I was compelled to register and reply. I too have felt this my entire life, going back as far as I can remember. (maybe 6 years old?) I'm 46 now. (Blood type is A+) That feeling of waiting... that something massive is going to happen and I'm going to be there when it does and I will have a purpose there. Like others have said, not necessarily doom & gloom, just something game-changing for the entire world. That feeling of being "special", in terms of, being here for a special specific reason someday. (not 'special' like grownups say you are or thinking you're going to be a movie star or something.)

Some history: I've never felt as though I was like other people, including my family. More like, an alien that got dropped here for a reason to be made known later on. I can remember having these thoughts even as a child. I've always wondered "what is wrong with everyone?" and I still do. I've never viewed the world as others do. In school, I was always bored. I never took homework home... ever. Not one book. I would finish assignments before school let out & sleep through half my classes. I never had to study for anything. It all came so easy, like I already knew it. Teachers punished me for that, (not taking homework home to work on like everyone else), but I still got straight A's without even trying. That carried over to adult life. I've had many different careers and excelled at all of them, without much effort. I keep changing careers because I get bored, and I have this feeling that drives me, like I must keep learning other things, keep cataloging knowledge and skills. Not for the sake of money, but for the experience and knowledge of it. (as a result, I never really get anywhere. After a few years, at the moment I become valuable & experienced, I quit to go do something else.)

I always thought I must be crazy, because I've never heard anyone else mention these feelings of "waiting" before. I'm not unfriendly, but I don't generally like other people, and for the most part I don't understand them. People spend incredible amounts of time, effort & money on the most ridiculous and mundane things & activities. Mall shopping, going to nightclubs & bars, American Idol, Oscar Awards shows, technology crazes, gossip about their friends, pretending to be rich, wearing the latest fad clothing, keeping up with 'The Jones", etc.... it has always seemed like such a waste to me, like others have said, "what's the point?"

I don't have any friends, because as I said, I generally don't like people or being around people, but I think there is some kind of connection with all of us "waiting" people. There has to be. I think that connection won't become evident until whatever "it" is, happens though. I'm not a psychic by any means, nor do I pretend to be one, but it seems like my intuitions (gut-feeling) are almost always right. My mid-ranging ones anyway... within 2-3 years. That kind of bothers me because lately I've been having many recurring dreams about total devastation and forced labor camps. I hope I'm wrong.

I don't know what it is we've all been feeling we're waiting for all our lives, but I think it's coming soon... very soon. I can feel a physical change in the fabric of reality. It's almost electric. Calm before the storm. For the last few months I've had this overwhelming feeling of, "it's time". Like, it's time to make your final preparations and buckle your seatbelts. I've never been a prepper except in mind, but I've been selling off all my non-essential possessions for liquid cash, to turn around and buy basic essential tools & supplies. Not in a panicky kind of way, but more like, matter of fact. Like this is what is supposed to happen. It's definitely weird, and I'm not good at explaining it.

Perhaps we are all from past lives, or put here in this waiting room for a purpose yet to be revealed, I don't know. But I do know this is not a result of reading too many news stories or watching too many movies because as I said, I've felt this way since I was a child. I've always KNOWN I was different from most people. But whatever the reason, I have a very strong feeling now that the wait is nearly over. But it's just a feeling, and I've been wrong about lots of stuff. I'm no Nostradamus.

I'm grateful and relieved to know that there are other waiting people out there. Thanks for this thread.
(and now I will quietly slip back into the shadows.)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by elgaz

I am sorry but you also missed the point. This is a feeling i had at 3 years old in the 50's. I clearly remember the strong feeling all through childhood...so your explanation does not fit.

I was in a non religious family who never spoke of spiritual things nor were any imaginative and spoke of any mystical things. I did not pick this feeling up I was born with it.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
In a society built on segregation it is not a surprise to me that we all feel there is something "else" waiting for us.

I think we all seek a better a life where equality reins and where we all look out for each other with a true sense of community and belonging.

Here's hoping..... And waiting.

OSS

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
OP,

Great that you can share this with everyone. I have been kicking across this rock, in this incarnation for 53 years and I have always known that I was here to do the heavy lifting and be an anchor, but I have never been exactly sure when or where I was going to be needed.

I was defintely needed when my kids were growing up and I am now in a relationship that I want be in and I'm also wanted and needed in. I think mostly we are waiting for someone to lend us a hand and show us some compassion and care. And that's what we're supposed to be giving back.

The real trick is learning how to be in the present moment and not get caught up in what I call "time traveling", reliving or what-ifing our lives away.

I have recently learned a very simple tool for being connected in the"now" and it only requires that you stay mentally connected to your breathing consciously. Staying focused on every breath in and out and not allowing any breaks in between. This takes a little practice, but eventually and easily it becomes a great grounding tool.

Stop looking outside for the answers and start turning inward just a little bit and the path will begin to become clear. It is a process that takes a little will and concentration, but the pay off is peacefulness and calm. You will automatically be drawn to people and situations that will begin to be benificial to you. They may not always be comfortable lessons but you begin to grow and become more confident and powerful because of them.

I don't like giving advice, but if we begin to show more compassion and patience with those around us and make a point of helping those around us who genuinely need it and are not asking for it you begin to grow because of that action.

We are here to find each other while we are all walking around in the dark. It's kind of like being in a cave with a flashlight with a bunch of other people with flashlights. Every once in a while you see a flash and you know that you're not alone. It's kind of like a game in a way. You came here wondering if anybodyelse was in the cave and all of a sudden a bunch misfits and loners and dreamers with their flashlights start showing up. Funny how the Universe knows we are all here looking for each other after all. And to think there are a bunch of lost souls out there thinking there's no goodness or God out there, huh?

That something that is out there coming! Is Us!
edit on 25-2-2013 by sharkman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I have been waiting since 2008-09. That happened when I started to question the system and even reality itself. I realized not many things are what they seem, not even people are who they seem. I feel I've been filled with dreams and expectations of what life is supposed to be instead of just being around like I use to. It's not supposed to be anything, it's what you make of it.

I think we have this one moment and waiting for something is wrong. Putting your thoughts/energy and expectations/hopes in some goal in the future and hoping it will get better one day. I don't think so, because being well is a state of mind, not conditions in your life. (Of course, I'm not talking about extremely bad conditions.) It's already pretty good. You are free to do anything. Sure, finances and relationships could be a problem, but it's nothing that big that can't be solved. You are free to choose to do whatever you want. Live in nature, take a walk in woods, move to Canada or start a new relationship, as long as your decisions are your own.

It won't get any better if something happens suddenly, you will still be you. And if you're not happy with just being and you can't realize how much opportunities there are in this moment, you might get only more troubles when things change. It won't change your perspective, but cause more chaos you might not be able to deal with. It depends of your state of mind and being. It's a matter of perspective. I know I wouldn't be more happy if I had 3 million dollars, I'd just have more things to do while being unaware. It's still life, it's still you. Really the only thing this is about is you.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join