It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Waiting Game: Do You Feel It?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Galadriel

WOW WOW WOW!!!! DITTO!

I am glad you shared your thoughts. My post and cojecture seems to be long winded; as my thoughts run deep and are unlike anyone I know or even live with.

I am a mom of a 21 yo, who has made me at grandparent while I have 4yo as wI too hope and ask that they are spared from what our future may hold. My sense is the shift of harmony will exist in their life rather the oppresion tha may hold harm to those born to us. My oldest is seeking harmony through co-dependence. I never taught her this way of life. She is locked to the duality. Her reality is to stay with a dead beat because she afraid to release the lion of being a mother. Here I will digress - all I can hope is that when she finally realizes that abundance, divine love is within her and around her. Hopefully to circumvent heat ache ahead of her.

My thoughts run deep inside the rabbit holes and no one seems to "get it," at least in my world.. Even if they evolve with the notion of sense of change is right in front of our face. The denial blinds them and they're clarity is right in front of them - Iif I could only destoy their rose colored glsses that all of the Jones' are wearing. I can assume that rules or our hamster wheels continue to swirl due to our program of duality. Keep going through the motions because there is no proof of a great change. With that said they haven't searched for the knowledge for their higher self to guide them to ask the questions of the "reality" they live in chasing the fiat dream.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Define normal.

The average of the standard. Take the acceptable behavior of society, the entirety of society's standards, and then take the average of what is actually observed at any given time frame. That is what is considered "normal".

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I also have felt this my whole life. I remember feeling it even at five and all through life a sense something was supposed to happen and waiting and hoping.

Sometimes when I was young I felt I was supposed to find something, with no idea what that was but sometimes it would come over me really strong as I looked at a mountain or up at the sky.

I just want to say, not everyone feels this waiting...I come from a large family and none of them do. I have two children who would laugh at such an idea. They are very involved with this life, making money and vacationing and cloths and all the stuff where asIi never could be as I am ...waiting.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

This is a great thread (first page anyway)....

Are you perhaps 'waiting' for me.

On another note. Maybe we are feeling a sense of 'Immortality'....

Can I ask you if you have ever had a bad accident? Or had anything inside you, like a cancer or tumur? Or any other kind of defect which could have killed you?

If you answer 'NO' to all the above questions, you could be like myself.

link   
For me, I don't think it's so much "waiting" anymore as it is wishing. I'm past feeling like it's just a matter of waiting because I've come to grudgingly realize that there might not be anything to wait for -- other than the inevitable. I know that sounds kinda pessimistic, but I've already become a bit jaded in my 23 years. There is still often this little tug of a feeling that is similar to anticipation but I reckon that's just old hope singing.

Yes, someone else mentioned "hope" and I have to agree, that's all there is left now imo. Hope that we (mankind) can turn things around for a better and brighter future. Where individuality, agape love, and seeking divine knowledge (in our own unique way) is encouraged for all. I wish something marvelous would happen that would light a better way for humanity. I think I lot of people are lost, confused, frustrated, and driven mad because of it. I think a lot of people deep down feel enslaved by something that, (if they're still not aware of the illusion of our society) they can't explain. And if you asked every single soul, a large amount would admit that they wish things could somehow be better, everywhere.

Which is why I get annoyed when people say to me, "cheer up hon, things could be worse."

Well, you know what? Things could be better too! When will we come together and stop accepting our so called "lot in life" and realize that as a collective we have the power to enact great change? I don't know how we'd do it but . . . first we've got to get MAD! XD

Personally though I don't think this feeling of "waiting" is a particularly exclusive one. I'm inclined to think its just something many of us fantasize about because life in our age has become so spiritually stagnant and is currently lacking any real depth. I mean, it's even starting to lack the illusion of depth. =/

link   
It has nothing to do with waiting for my life to change. If I want my life to change I Have control over that, as does everyone else. For the most part I am happy with the things i have and the experiences I have been blessed with. for me it goes beyond waiting for something physical. It is interesting that so many are feeling the same sense of waiting, we aren't quite as alone, or different than we thought. so many of us collectively waiting for something doesn't seem to be coincidence anymore. Maybe its the world we live in? The things we see day in and day out. Maybe we are waiting for more. Waiting to truly understand why we are here. For more than to just live and die. To finally figure out what we are collecting this knowledge for. Thanks again for this thread. Its really been enlightening reading such like minded posts.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Is it my imagination or are there a lot of 31's, 41's, 51's posting on this thread. I posted about me earlier but then deleted, I am 41 and have read at least 4 31's and 3 other 41's and that's only reading a few posts here and there.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
17 pages and 87 flags!!!!!
absolutely brilliant thread
one of the best ive participated on here

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
reply to post by Sly1one

Ive always felt like im a different race from my peers. I can remember in my late teens being dragged out to nightclubs by "friends", and not having any clue how people could be enjoying being packed into dark, hot, expensive hellholes incapable of holding a conversation also Ive never understand the human desire for the aquisition of material wealth.

its horrible and difficult "being different". I want our time to come, i want my world/life back. Does that make sense??

How very strange I have said those almost exact words to my husband! I was always watching and thinking about what everyone was doing even when i was a toddler, wondering why? They made no sense to me, but at age three I did say outloud "I am in the wrong place". So maybe I am.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

So funny you should mention this since my mother and I were just speaking about this today. I'm 43 and have often felt this way. Recently it's become even more persistent, actually coinciding with the issue in Russia recently. I keep looking to the sky waiting on "it" to happen, whatever "it" is.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Mijamija

Hey Mijamija! Like I told Cirque, I'm so very glad to find others who can identify to my not-so-run-of-the-mill life! Feel free to U2U me anytime.

My ascendant is Gemini. And both the sun and moon were in Sagittarius when I was born...or Ophiuchus, technically. I was born in the year of the Dragon.

I understand you on that...keeping emotions under wraps (almost at all costs) but having emotions run VERY deep. And the millions of reasons for keeping emotions suppressed...I feel ya on that.

I'm sorry to hear about your dysfunctional upbringing and childhood trauma.
I feel your pain, literally.

I love languages too! I'm learning Russian and Arabic right now, that's so crazy that you're learning Russian too! I am a night owl...I love to be outside but only if I can be under the moon and the stars. I'm not big on being out in the sun.

It seriously sucks growing up being stuck in the middle of a religious tug of war. I'm an only child so I was the only one around and I had to take all of the BS. Yay for me.

I wanted so badly to study history or lit or psych as my major but from my father's side of the family, it was expected that I would go the legal/political route so I majored in poli-sci but I minored in English. I'm definitely going for my MA...I have enough cash saved up from modeling, the divorce settlement, my inheritances and trusts, and my family that I could stay in school without having to work until the end of time so I figure why not go the distance and get my Masters and my Doctorate?

I was diagnosed with PTSD and anxiety disorder years ago related to childhood traumas...and the subsequent abusive marriage and murder attempt just made it all so much worse. And I was born with a large heart murmur, developed a tachycardial arrhythmia (uneven and extremely fast heartbeat) when I was 16, and my heart is slowly destroying itself so I'll need a new one in my thirties. The inefficiency of my heart also makes it where fluid isn't removed from my lungs efficiently, which puts me at risk for chronic pneumonia (which I've suffered from at least once a year for months on end since I was 17) and pulmonary edema (which translates to your lungs filling with fluid and killing you). And I was born with almost no immune system so I catch any little cold or other bug that crosses my path and it brings me down for months. I don't even wanna get into how it's all affecting my kidneys. Ugh.

My parents got divorced too, but it was when I was seven. My mom just ran away with one of her lovers and I didn't see her for five years. Life was pretty much Hell before the divorce and even worse after the divorce. Neither of my parents would ever qualify for parent of the year...and I truly pray that God forgives them for what they've done.

Yay for Cherokees! *high five* Yeah, it's hard to trace Traveler blood unless you have them in your immediate family. Fortunately for me, my mother's family lives in the largest Gypsy community in North America...Travellers, Roma, Ludar, Romanichal, etc., all in one place...so we know exactly who we're related to and how we're related to them. I have the soul of a gypsy as well...if it weren't for my daughter and school, I'd still be wandering the Earth like I used to, free as a bird.

It really is fascinating to find others that share so much in common with myself! I wish that everyone would tell their stories and about their lives, I'm always so intrigued to hear people's life stories and learn about them, it completely fascinates me.

Thanks
Jennifer

edit on 2/25/2013 by jcutler12888 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/25/2013 by jcutler12888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I too am a new member from the heartland of the USA, 51 years of age and I was drawn to this site. I too have had the feeling of something BIG in the works and can feel it is getting so much closer.
The problem I have is... will I have the knowledge when (what ever it is) to make the correct decision. I feel as though I will have to decide one way or the other and need to have enough understanding in everything to make the correct decision.

I have read and read on every subject that I can find on the Internet. And like so many of the rest of you, I too search the news for something that is happening that can explain the reason for my WAITING.
I feel as though I should be prepping but not sure what to even prep for? So glad to hear that there is so many others out there that have this same feeling. I was beginning to think that I was the only one and was starting to question myself.

I have truly enjoyed reading all of the different ideas of what everyone on here has to offer. Also I would like to mention that this website has a lot of geat people on here that seem to very knowlegable in their subjects. I have greatly enjoyed this topic and all of the input that everyone has added.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I'm female, I fit the age profile of the thread and I'm A+. As a school child I always played catch up. I never really got it and was quite average by the standard of the day. When I was coming of age I told my mother there was something different about me,very different. She told me all girls my age felt that way and was told regularly that I think too much. I was thrown into instant popularity in high school. I totally did not understand that to begin with. But even further from my understanding was the, shall we say, hate that came from a certain part of that population. They hated me for something I could not control. Even more confusing to me were the silly things they deemed important. In the schools at the time you got a class rank. Who was at the top of the class and who was at the bottom. All my good friends and my best friends ranked in the highest 9th in the class, 23rd, 23rd cried. I was 160of 300. Everyone said it didn't matter, but I knew it did. Appitude test, well my mechanical skill was the best! The best in the class. Better than every boy in my class. My father was not at all happy. And when they suggested I be sent to tech, well, that sucked for him. His final conclusion was that I was only along for the ride.

College was nearly hell. Everyone else partied it up. I studied until I couldn't count change. One time in 4 years my GPA was at 2.8. Libraries intimidate me. So much I don't know in tall intimidating walls. The further through college I got the more I knew, the more I realized, what I didn't know.

Being average meant I had to work hard and learn to fail often. In fact it was not long after my formal schooling had ended that people started saying"Your so smart" "How'd you do that?" What I had learned was that I could do anything. I had no fear of failure. I had no fear of looking stupid or being the worst one. Let me tell ya, I can do alot of stuff. I may have been bad, but I didn't care. I don't give up.
I'm a waiter. I am more in touch with my innerself than a large percentage of the population. I dream of future events. I know pregnacy before the pregnant know. I use thinking to explore the next step to my own place, realization of truth. Providing positive fodder for a growing understanding of the true meaning of my self and world. I'm sure waiting. But in my search for truth, I do stop to consider to myself," ya know, are you thinking about the right thing even? " "Are you even on the right path with the waiting? " Maybe this strange waiting really is more of a message than the final act of the waiting. I started thinking on that. I'm still contemplating it.

Waiting led me further down the road to the understanding of what I seek. When grandfather was nearly gone of old age he was still brilliant, but he confused the feeling of excitement with worry and anxiety. I used the confusion model on my waiting condition. I considered that my feeling of a life time of waiting was being confused with my acquiring responsibility to my own fulfillment. Living it and Waiting > for what > preparation> I am waiting for you to get it.> I have been waiting all my life for you to get it.

I am so sure there is more to this waiting that I still do not understand. I try to channel it. As a means to another path. It is a gift. It is learned patience if you make it so. It is a calm that allows me to truely understand because my thoughts are clearer. Outside of my own personal growth experiences, whatI have been waiting for all my life ...for the group to get it. Are you going to spend your days in a frenzied grab of what you have been conditioned to believe is reality. The world tells me I'm average, I know I'm very different from average and I am waiting for you to catch up to what I see from my window. It is quite a bit larger when I look out my window, I'm waiting for you to see it. I have prepared for you to see it and I'm waiting for you.

There it is, my experience while waiting.

Yes Professor, I kept my promise to never show up in another one of your English classes. May you RIP. 'Cuz you gotta be dead by now. Yea, I know... unnecessary.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Mijamija

Just wanted to say we have a little in common. Born June 22, 1969 which makes me a Cancer on the Gemini Cusp or something like that. Lived in Germany for thee years, my dad was in the service. Grandparents were cotton farmers in Bama, As far as supernatural experiences I did have those, grew up in a strange area in Bama the home and the neighborhood had a very strong paranormal element and was considered common among all the residents.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SecretKnowledge
we all feel this way because we know that the way we live our lives in general is wrong. deep down we know this.
society is wrong. the haves and have not's is wrong. famine is wrong. material wealth is wrong.
and so on and so on.
we are not of this society. well, we are, but it does'nt sit right with us.
we know there's a better way, but yet we cannot change it.
the feeling of something's gonna happen is, for me, a false positive.
that is, something should happen. but because it does'nt, this feeling continues to slowly torture my soul.

So there are many others out there feeling the same maybe they never express themselves out loud, but as I have studied behavioral science I can say with confidence that we could all be labeled with personality disorders or worse and some would even think a few needed full time lockup on here!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

LOL...to me, there are varying degrees of "normal". Some people are more "normal" than others...I grew up under circumstances that lacked any degree of "normalcy" so sometimes I kinda fear that I lack "normalcy".

Not quite a definition, but close enough.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcutler12888
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

I'm so glad to find people who can identify and relate to my crazy, odd, and outright weird life! Being raised with half of a "Gypsy" family and half of a "Gaje" or "Gorger" family is truly a strange experience. "Country people" or outsiders, like my father's side of my family, do everything as American as apple pie...then, "gypsies" like my mother's side of the family do things in ways that completely shock outsiders...and that along with the constant Catholic vs. Southern Baptist battle that was waged in my home made for a whacked out experience growing up and lots of marital strife between my parents...and I turned out half Gypsified and half Americanized, half Catholic and half Baptist, LOL. What were the unusual circumstances of your birth? I love a good story.
Same with my maternal grandmother's family...it was a "woman's" thing and they claimed I had the "gift" and was born with the veil, blah blah blah...I don't wanna go into all the witchy s***, all of which I'm sure you're aware of having Roma in your family.

I didn't expect to find others like me. It's really reassuring to know that I'm not a strange product of an uncommon life.

Thanks
Jennifer

Sure I'll share my birth story. Let's see. My mother was only 14 when she had me. No father, I mean I have a biological father, he's just not listed on my birth certificate and I've never met him. I was suppose to be born February 21 but I came early and was born in January. My birth certificate says that I was born at 12:02 A.M. on a Sunday. It was Jan 18, 1976 if you want to look up the date, and it was a full moon at 98% visibility.

My grandfather, till the day he died, insists I was born on midnight by his watch, and that they took a few minutes before looking up at the clock and recording my birth time. What's more, I was born with a patch of black hair at the small of the back. I was born with black hair on my head too, and three days later it all fell out and started growing in a sandy blonde color. Well, I guess that's an old world sign of being born a "changeling". So I grew up, affectionately being called such by my grandparents. I was raised with the ideology that I would be different from most anyone. Well, it's true. But is it true cause I was raised to believe it? Or is it true just because I AM different? I don't know.

I've slept walk since I could walk. My mother has found me everywhere, except in my bed. It was so bad, at a certain point that they had to get locks and put them high up on the corner of the door so I couldn't reach it and get out of the house. Once, my mother awoke with this feeling like something was wrong, check on my brother then me and I wasn't in bed. So, as usual, she starts checking the house to find me. When she can't find me sleeping elsewhere, she went outside and watched me was a 1/4 mile out of some woods, through the farmers field and home. I walked right past her, got into my bed, and went to sleep. This activity continues. It's just not often anymore like when I was a child.

Anyhow, when I was eleven or so I started making my own automatic writing boards. This was way before I'd ever seen anything of the like on TV or movies. It was a different time in the 80's and parents were much more careful in what they let their kids watch. That was the when my grandfather proclaimed me as supernaturally gifted. Changeling, witch, psychic, prophet. All these nouns have been attached to me since I was a child.

So, I'm an odd duck. And it's entirely my families fault from my perspective!
(Not really, but I like to tease them that they created a freak with all their stories.)

Peace,
Cirque

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Thank you for providing the definition, you did a better job than I did.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumansEh
Fellow 'waiters'
I salute you all. Interesting the common theme and age profile of members who have replied so far. It's almost palpable this tension. I have been awaiting something I cannot describe or envisage for a long time now.

I lead the life of a hermit and have shut myself away from the world, this isn't due to depression or being anti social. I simply cannot pretend to fit into theworld as it is. I am not unhappy although lonliness can get overwhelming sometimes. (Celibacy ain't much fun most of the time either )

I do all my talking here on Ats and for many weeks at a time the only human I interact with on a personal level is the person I thank when buying groceries.
I too feel like I am waiting,
Waiting for my place in the world to reveal itself.

Maybe not too many misanthropic hermits here, but it is nice to know that I'm not the only one awaiting death or destiny
Thanx Smyleegirl s&f4u.

In many ways you sound like me, I am wondering if anyone else has had to deal with some things like an excessive need for honesty? I have been like that for my whole life from my very first memories I have hated lies and had a need to be straight forward and honest, when I lie it actually hurts in a way and I can't get over it easily.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OutonaLimb

HI OOL-

Just curous about your post. Ides of March; I believe most know what that means. With said, you and many others have stated that "pieces of the puzzle are fallling into place," and your comment of the wait is coming to an end soon.

I would love to know your thoughts; of course without straying from the OPs precedent.

Thanks!

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join