It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are These Objects For Real On Mars Or Is It Me Hitting Rock Bottom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
This panorama is a mosaic of images taken by the Mast Camera (Mastcam) on the NASA Mars rover Curiosity while the rover was working at a site called "Rocknest" in October and November 2012.
The center of the scene, looking eastward from Rocknest, includes the Point Lake area. After the component images for this scene were taken, Curiosity drove 83 feet (25.3 meters) on Nov. 18 from Rocknest to Point Lake. From Point Lake, the Mastcam is taking images for another detailed panoramic view of the area further east to help researchers identify candidate targets for the rover's first drilling into a rock.
The image has been white-balanced to show what the rocks and soils in it would look like if they were on Earth. Figure 1 is a raw-color version, showing what the scene looks like on Mars to the camera.
This photo was downloaded by me from photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov... more than a few weeks ago and the only editing done was pressing the fix once key in windows photo gallery it gives a better view of the objects that I have circled. I have not commented on all of the circled objects, I will leave that up to you.
I am not claiming that the articles that have been circled are real it could be what my mind wants me to see if you know what I mean.
Therefore, I am looking for some input from some wise members who know what they are looking for.
Sorry, about the spelling and grammar I cannot seem to get it right for some reason.
Please download the original from the above site to compare just in case there is something in this photo to make the original disappear
Ps need help to upload photo size 77.9 MB TIFF Image If some member can help me with a email address to send it to then post it for me this would help me out a lot, I am lost of how to do this thanks ant

edit on 24-2-2013 by Rising Against because: Removed all caps title.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
That's not an introduction..

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Nice to meet you Mast Camera (Mastcam) on the NASA Mars rover Curiosity.

I did not know that Curiosity singed up to ATS.

So how's it going on Mars.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
It's just you hitting rock bottom by posting this in the introductions thread!

There are already some posts about these rocks if you use the search function.

Here
And here to get you started,
edit on 24-2-2013 by nolabel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Anthony2008

Like looking at clouds. You can see what you want to. So wheres the pictures you are describing?

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I agree with nolabel above -- not an introduction, plenty of threads on this already,.

Also 3 words: rocks and shadows.

And ALL CAPS titles are frowned upon and just plain annoying.

welcome by the way.

edit on 2/24/2013 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I will welcome you and let you know to check rules on this site and the moderator will be in shortly to lock this thread as this is not an introduction! LOL

Thread Lock in 5...4...3...2...
edit on 24-2-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
20 post rule is there for a reason.....

That being said....Welcome...

Des

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Good news is, you hit rock bottom right from the get-go. So you only have up to go!

404'd

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

ok sorry about the ---- up But it was a simple mistake by me the reason why thiers no photo I was asking for help on how to upload it.
Hello everbody it seems i have made a big mistake its not the end of the world, These things happen in life nobodys perfect thats why were all gifted with different tallents in life to help each other out so forgive my mistake and help me out.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
first they are fossils, now they are shipwrecks... all I see is rocks

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Heya Anthony! Well the thing is that there's a boat-load of Mars-rock threads here on ATS. Three new threads today alone. lol
I posted a Mars rock thread as well, so I'm not immune to the affliction. Though I did have the common courtesy to claim that it was rock from the get go...
Everyone's imagination is different, so definitely keep an "In My Opinion" attitude here, that's your best bet

Also I use Mozilla Fire Fox, it has a spell checker. If it weren't for that I'm sure most here would believe I'm in grade 4. (they probably do anyways

Welcome to ATS
Take care

edit on 24-2-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by aLLeKs

Im not saying these are not rocks i know were your coming from on that subject,these are different then the ones on the threds they seem to stand out if you know what I mean If some one could give me some advice how to upload the photo you will understand what I mean.
Thanks for your time for helping me out
ant

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Anthony2008

Hey there Anthony2008, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. Unfortunately though, as this is not an introduction, it will now be closed.

Please see this below:

The Introduction Forum is for introductions To tell something about you; not to start a thread about a topic.“Intro threads” that are really “topic threads” will be removed.
Please Review, Welcome to ATS, it’s time to introduce yourself.

Please also remember in the future to try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice to ensure your chosen topic is not a repeat.

So, due to introduction forum rules, non-introductions will be closed and or removed - In this case closed.

Also, it's worth pointing out that I noticed you was having a little bit of trouble with uploading images. Well, here you go for future reference, it's a helpful guide to get you started: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks for your time.

RA,
Forum Moderator.
edit on 24-2-2013 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Courtesy Is Mandatory.
What are these P F K W S ?
Visit here - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
How to Upload Your Pics & Avatars (also) Need a custom Avatar?
Your Terms and Conditions Of Use (also) Reaffirming ATS Policies

Try Ask ATS to find numerous threads to add your thoughts to now. Once a minimum of 20 posts are made, you'll be able to create your own threads & send out messages to fellow ATS members.

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***

ATS is at times like a rollercoaster ride! As a new member be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let staff know by using the "Alert" function. This will help keep the community, both young and old to further enjoy the ride with you.

top topics

join