It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Physicists Find Evidence That The Universe Is A 'Giant Brain'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

I do not think anything is accidental.....

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

My moto for life is.. the universe is a mirror....

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
reply to post by purplemer

No. Quantum entanglement does not transmit information. This is why it does not break special relativity. Basically, what's "transmitted" is random and cannot be influenced by humans. In fact, NOTHING in the universe influences what's shared between entangled particles. The only way that it could be considered information is if it could be controlled and it cannot be.

If anything meaningful is transmitted in this universe, it's at light speed or slower.

Although one wonders if this universe could somehow interact with other universes. It's probably not possible, but those other universes could probably break our rules routinely.
edit on 25-2-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

Entanglement based quantum communication

Last May, European researchers reported successfully teleporting photons over a distance of 143 km – a little over 88 miles- between two Canary Islands. When I discussed this finding at the time, one of the caveats I had mentioned about this experiment is that it hadn’t yet been peer-reviewed. Well, now it has. The researchers’ findings have been reviewed and published in Nature. The previous record of 97 kilometers by a team of researchers in China was published in Nature earlier this month.

www.forbes.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Nice reply. I kind of think everything is made up of a living matrix. From the vacuum in space to the attractions of atoms to each other..

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001

Originally posted by MarsSentinel
reply to post by swan001

Light-speed schmite-speed. That's a bogus "limit."

Look, take a string that does not stretch. I'll hold one end, and you take the other end to the moon. Stand there and hang on to it (be cool, allow me the fantasy of a lunar string. I know, it can't _really_ be done, but plz allow it for a sec).

When I tug on my end, the "signal" is instantaneously transmitted to you on the moon because the string doesn't have any stretch. There is no time lag as photons/electrons "travel" through space from me to you. The string tension is transmitted real-time, and you feel the signals at the moment they are initiated.

Now, we have arranged a wacky secret code: One tug for a "1" and two tugs for a "0". Using our special digital-to-analog transciever (the code book with the index of words-to-digits) we can send messages all day with no light speed limited time lag.

Yeah, I thought about that too. Superluminous communication is possible in theory... but in practice? You'd need a rock-solid universe so that the "tug" is not dampened by fluid's inertia.

Fluids have a tendency towards being conductive.

Interestingly enough such a consideration could also be relatable to inflation theory with, space/time as the fluid.

Any thoughts?

edit on 28-2-2013 by Kashai because: added and modifed content

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Lol. Universe thinking?
Wtf is hoing on, i wonder

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kashai

Interestingly enough such a consideration could also be relatable to inflation theory with, space/time as the fluid.

Any thoughts?

That wouldn't be enough. We are talking about a instantaneous transfer - any fluid would just carry the transfer with longer delay and more magnitude loss. That's why sound travels faster in a solid than in a fluid like air or water. Mechanical signal in space would travel at alot less than c. They're not supposed to travel at all in this quasi-vacuum. The Universe would need to be rock-solid. And even then it might not be enough.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001

Originally posted by Kashai

Any thoughts?

That wouldn't be enough. We are talking about a instantaneous transfer - any fluid would just carry the transfer with longer delay and more magnitude loss. That's why sound travels faster in a solid than in a fluid like air or water. Mechanical signal in space would travel at alot less than c. They're not supposed to travel at all in this quasi-vacuum. The Universe would need to be rock-solid. And even then it might not be enough.

Instantaneous transfer is the issue of EPR Paradox.. What I am offering is that the non-random behavior of animals, plants and humans and whatever life that exist beyond earth. Could as a whole constitute a cumulative effect of non-random behavior in a random environment, (the universe) at a quantum scale.

This is not about a person being about to apply the brain towards accessing its quarks, for example.

Rather the results of thoughts generating non random events, with that activity, being expressed to all
matter in the Universe created at the same time..

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

considering that "science" has no idea what 96-99% of the universe even is (dark energy and dark matter), it seems a bit presumptuous to claim that electromagnetic signals are somehow the maximum speed. I understand that pretty much all of modern physics is based on this wildly unsubstantiated and antiquated interpretation, that light is the speed limit of things in the universe, but when they've only identified 1-4% (this is by your science's own calculations, mind you) of what exists in the universe then it's rather silly to claim that the speed of light is a limit of much of anything.

It's fairly obvious that physics just needs to be scrapped and rebuilt from the ground up. It's too Frankensteined together at this point to be patched to a working model of reality. Too many base assumptions, which themselves are wildly unwarranted, have been permitted to persist for far too long.
edit on 3-3-2013 by Anthem0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by onequestion

My moto for life is.. the universe is a mirror....

I have imagined "god" as infinite energy that learned of itself by knowing itself, thereby creating the microcosm>macrocosm. Frequently I had the impression of looking at a reflection.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

We are no more of a threat to the Universe than an ant is to the sun. but still that comment made me smile.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

I love this thought, that the universe could just be a single brain cell. I created a tread elaborating on this and this post was a great source to get my thoughts flowing. If you want to check it out, www.abovetopsecret.com... , there's the link to my thread.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwisoop

Good threads.. thanks for the read...

Eyes of the multiverse...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join