It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Physicists Find Evidence That The Universe Is A 'Giant Brain'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Interesting theory.

And if it's anywhere near being true that would mean that Earth is a Brain Tumor.
It all makes sense now.

S&F

Peace

Nah...nothing we could do would have any effect on a Universal sized brain.

If those Cosmic fillaments are being thought of as neurons or brain cells, then we must be equivalent to quarks or Higgs Bosons.

Teeny tiny weeny little things, smaller than electrons.

Even if we exploded every atomic bomb, tonne of TNT and our star blew up, it would only be like an electron vibrating a little faster for a nanosecond.

edit on 26-2-2013 by MysterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
My mind is a mess trying to comprehend this. Maybe we're not supposed to.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I have actually thought about this a lot, even before I heard about this post. If this were true, I can't begin to think what is going on in my brain...

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Ah the old visual similarity again between the brain and galaxies.

Water molecules and planets are both spherical, is the universe a giant river?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morg234
Ah the old visual similarity again between the brain and galaxies.

Water molecules and planets are both spherical, is the universe a giant river?

Worlds are not the universe, water molecules are actually dipoles, not spheres, and yes, the Earth is a water planet

edit on 26-2-2013 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Physicists Find Evidence That The Universe Is A 'Giant Brain'

Kind of puts the concept of 'God' in a whole new perspective.
Kind of puts our place in relation to 'God', in a rather unique position.
Kind of undermines the whole concept of accidental existence.

Nah. Couldn't be that, lol.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomnom
We're not cells. We're thoughts. The cosmos is gods mind. The universe is his brain. We're simply a simulation within gods mind. Part of his imagination.

At least, that's what I concluded about a decade ago. For the last several years, I've been pretty meh about about. Maybe so, maybe not.

I definitely don't want any of whatever you're smoking.
We are "Gods" imagination? We are thoughts? The universe is "Gods" brain?

We ARE the gods. We contain all the power we will ever need throughout this existence and people give it all up to some personified ruler over everything. We are the everlasting consciousness that has come to be. Without consciousness you or I would not exist. We are higher conscious energetic beings experiencing consciousness behind a veil. We have to live, love, and learn to find out what we truly are behind the veil.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by clairvoyantrose

We ARE the gods.

Hubris. I'm agnostic, and would never consider myself a god. It's just stupid.

We contain all the power we will ever need throughout this existence and people give it all up to some personified ruler over everything. We are the everlasting consciousness that has come to be. Without consciousness you or I would not exist. We are higher conscious energetic beings experiencing consciousness behind a veil. We have to live, love, and learn to find out what we truly are behind the veil.

I don't want whatever you're smoking, either.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001

For brain function, you need a signal that can efficiently carry information from neurone to neurone. But the Universe is so large, even the fastest of signals, Electromagnetic signals, are not fast enough to do the job. So you may have neurones, but no signals or information transfer. If the Universe is a big brain, then this big brain is dead.

That would be where "Dark Matter" comes in!

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

If thats not evidence of a creator/ God then I dont know what is

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Have you ever considered that "the word of God" is actually DNA? plus the bible describes "the number of man" as 666 (not just the mark of the beast, its the number of man)... 666... carbon anyone

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
SnF OP~ Awesome thread as I used to have thoughts that Earth and it's inhabitants was actually inside someone's body (God?) and the space in the Universe was the Plasma/Blood in the veins. Interesting indeed.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k
reply to post by mr10k

The Universe isn't just me, and I'm just made of much smaller particles. So you tell me, do those particles think?
edit on 24-2-2013 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

Those particles do not think, but those particles are perfectly capable of storing information (1 and 0). If that information can be transfered and the network is complex enough, you might say that some kind of self awareness might become possible. (Quantum computing has already proven this concept, heck, the information these 'particles' carry might as well be 1, 0, or 1 and 0 at the same time
)

But with this in mind, I say, 'why not?' to a possible self-aware universe. We already have proof of birkenland currents between the sun and earth and the auroras on other planets poles suggest the same for them. Now, the electrical universe theory already predicted these birkenland currents and also predicts those currents between stars and even entire galaxy's. Now there would be your network.

Anyway, I find it an interesting thesis that is very plausible.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by KrisFromGenk

Actually yes, taking into consideration the size of the universe today one has every right to enter into denial over the possibility. But in relation to dimensions one would be hard pressed to offer an alternative. This because of the speed at which communication can occur, with respect to quantum states. However, in this regard the Universe could be more like a multicellular organism, that is driven towards reproduction (given the multiverse)

Not conscious like us but more like a fish swimming in an ocean.

If there is a God that created reality? One of of looking at it is that God existed outside what God created.
edit on 26-2-2013 by Kashai because: added content

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by swan001

Could quantum entanglement not be a valid method for transmitting information over vast areas of space. I would be surprised if the human brain does not work using such methods too.

Maybe. BTW entanglement is not really a "quantum phenomena" - many other models predicts entanglement.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Konoyaro
reply to post by swan001

If you look at the distance between electrons or any such thing relative to their size, it is almost like a solar system, perhaps there is life there to, just too small to see...

No. Laws of physics are different in the atomic level - in such a way that there is no thing like life or goldilock regions or even reproduction.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarsSentinel
reply to post by swan001

Light-speed schmite-speed. That's a bogus "limit."

Look, take a string that does not stretch. I'll hold one end, and you take the other end to the moon. Stand there and hang on to it (be cool, allow me the fantasy of a lunar string. I know, it can't _really_ be done, but plz allow it for a sec).

When I tug on my end, the "signal" is instantaneously transmitted to you on the moon because the string doesn't have any stretch. There is no time lag as photons/electrons "travel" through space from me to you. The string tension is transmitted real-time, and you feel the signals at the moment they are initiated.

Now, we have arranged a wacky secret code: One tug for a "1" and two tugs for a "0". Using our special digital-to-analog transciever (the code book with the index of words-to-digits) we can send messages all day with no light speed limited time lag.

Yeah, I thought about that too. Superluminous communication is possible in theory... but in practice? You'd need a rock-solid universe so that the "tug" is not dampened by fluid's inertia.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by LLCCLL
That would be where "Dark Matter" comes in!

You mean "dark energy". Dark Matter has mass - like normal matter, it's hard to push it at light speed.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziplock9000

Old.. from November last year, which itself was a repost from the start of 2012. Been posted many times.

If it turns out the universe is a giant brain. I will not take responsibility for the fact it has been reposted. Instead I will blame the brain of the universe of which I am just a small part...

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by swan001

Could quantum entanglement not be a valid method for transmitting information over vast areas of space. I would be surprised if the human brain does not work using such methods too.

Maybe. BTW entanglement is not really a "quantum phenomena" - many other models predicts entanglement.

Maybe you are correct it is above my remit...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join