It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Come Upon Surrendered Suspect Lying Down With Arms & Legs Spread, Proceed To Beat Him

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik
reply to post by FlapdoodleStork

That is a little bit of the pot calling the kettle, because I stated that nobody was justifying the beating and you pop that very same question.

Yeah, you addressed it after a couple of posts stating that the guy was pinned down, only to move the goal post to, he couldn't effectively resist.

In either case it is a long way from claiming that I didn't watch the video carefully and calling me a troll.

I never said effectively resist. I said protect himself from the punches. Playing possum sounds a lot more plausible. Could have started off with that, instead we had to take the scenic route.

See you around.
edit on 24-2-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

I'm pretty disgusted by this.

What are you even suggesting, you come in here and make this ridiculous claim that the person getting pummeled is "being unnatural". What is strange about it? Do you realize what happens to you if you try to "curl up" or "protect yourself", while getting assaulted by aggressive police? They hit you harder, they just keep wailing on you. They do it while they have you pinned so you can't help but take the pain.

I've seen people sit there and take it like that, it's even possible he started going into shock or got knocked out briefly.

I mean seriously what the hell are you even on about? You don't even engage in discussion, you just *demand* that everyone address your questions *exactly as you requested*. You know what, no thanks, "strange" doesn't even begin to describe your contribution.
edit on 24-2-2013 by guymontag because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
While the first kick to the head looked fairly pathetic (this may be do in part to video quality) getting kicked in the head at all certainly hurts, and in this case was completely out of line.

I watched the video a number of times and to me it looks like he is indeed struggling. I don't think if we was lying still the whole time they would have moved that far while 'subduing' him.

If someone is lying on the ground with their arms out and you have 3 men trying to handcuff him there really isn't much excuse for not being able to do so. It can be incredibly hard to get someone in cuffs even with multiple people if the person is fighting, but if they had just hopped on him when they got to his side it would have been fine.

I understand that police are taught to use pain compliance when someone is actively resisting (strikes to the arms back and legs). A lot of these videos look like brutality but are pretty straightforward SOP. This one was not. Being denied medical treatment kind of blows my mind too.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
For those still doubting authenticity or with questions, a few more sources..

Surveillance video shows Quebec police officers kicking, beating robbery suspect

Four Quebec officers suspended over video of brutal assault of robbery suspect

Trois-Rivières police incident: Surveillance video shows officers making violent arrest

Teen to sue Trois-Rivieres police after brutal arrest caught on video

I wonder how Canada handles these kinda things??

[ex ] The Surete du Quebec has launched an investigation into the arrest, and the four officers seen on the video have had their guns taken away and been suspended with pay.

The suspensions came about 10 days after the arrest, when discrepancies emerged between the arrest report filed by officers and other information sent from a third party.

Hey how about that, they handle just like the US! The cops beat the kid up, lied on the report and get a paid vacation!

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by guymontag

Honestly, I don't care how it makes you feel.

I have seen many videos of people protecting themselves while being assaulted. It is the natural reaction. To not protect yourself is unnatural. I didn't come up with the definitions for these words and I can only use them as they apply.

I didn't ask any questions so there is no way that I could demand that they be addressed in any fashion. Maybe the disgust has you seeing things.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

Had he not been motionless you would be arguing he was fighting back and that is why the police used force.

You will just find an excuse for this government abuse.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

Maybe he actually just lost his balance because it was snowing out there.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by votan

C'mon all you had to do was make it to Hiwatt's next post to see that he admits he was wrong.

After further investigation the report(s) of suspensions seems to be legit though, so it seems I'm wrong about this one, regardless of how it looks to me.

It's the second post on page 2.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
This is why people like Chris Dorner go off on a cop shooting spree... Am I saying these officers deserve death for this? No. What I am saying next time this guy does something wrong he will remember what he got for giving up without a fight and might as well shoot them..

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
same old same old. this is now commonplace. no longer shocking or surprising, but still wrong.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Note to self: never surrender after a robbery in Canada. As if it would happen but who knows what the future holds?

After seeing enough videos, I can't give them the police label. They wear the clothes and posture themselves, and then when they start throwing fists and kicking a frozen man on the ground, the illusion is lost. After a few minutes...okay real cops, you can come out now, cheap imitations are through playing dress up.

They went all hockey fight on him. Must be typical for night shift Canadian law enforcement. I wonder what other corruption exists in Canada?

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

It is not fake... I live in quebec and it's all over the news and radio. The Trois Riviere's police chief and the Minister of public security of Quebec confirmed cops suspension...(with pay) ?? after viewing video.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Poor Cops...They parked their vehicles in a way that the dash cams wouldn't catch them in action...They lost anyway...

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

Now you're just playing word games.

Rendering somebody unable to resist is the purpose of pinning them down.

He WAS pinned and as a result of that, he was unable to resist effectively.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Meh, I know he becomes pinned at some point, never said hid didn't. Also resist effectively is your term.

In the picture you posted his arms are free, so he could have protected himself from the blows to his head. You even have the outline of his left arm at his side like I pointed out.

I don't know how your arms move but I can easily move them towards my head, even if face down and pinned so, unless I am the exception, your claim that all he could do was make a snow angel is untrue.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Meh, I know he becomes pinned at some point, never said hid didn't. Also resist effectively is your term.

In the picture you posted his arms are free, so he could have protected himself from the blows to his head. You even have the outline of his left arm at his side like I pointed out.

I don't know how your arms move but I can easily move them towards my head, even if face down and pinned so, unless I am the exception, your claim that all he could do was make a snow angel is untrue.

What the hell does this matter?

While the guy was laying face down with arms spread the officer just walked over and kicked him.

Then he was summarily beaten.

Explain that.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

Had no idea it needed an explanation. The title says it all.

The little back and forth between FlapdoodleStork and myself started when I said that I found it odd that the guy didn't do anything to protect himself. Unless you have followed it, it probably doesn't make sense.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Had no idea it needed an explanation. The title says it all.

The little back and forth between FlapdoodleStork and myself started when I said that I found it odd that the guy didn't do anything to protect himself. Unless you have followed it, it probably doesn't make sense.

Oh, i followed the exchange between you two. All the more reason that you don't find it concerning that he was beaten---while not resisting AT ALL.

BUT, i do agree with you that a person's natural reaction is a defense position, which is usually (and purposefully) taken by cops as resistance,and that they oftentimes do things to cause a person to react in a way that can be considered "resisting." "Quit resisting!!!!!!" But they keep doing things to make you protect yourself. Irrelevant, here, at least.

HOWEVER, since he didn't give any obvious signs of resistance, his beating is all the more troubling, ESPECIALLY the first officer just walking up and kicking him.

Unacceptable.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I took issue with FlapdoodleStork saying that I had not watched carefully and then hinting that I was a troll and proceeded to point out what I was referring to.

This has nothing to do with how I feel about what happened to the person in the video.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT

I call FAKE

At 26 seconds there is a very obvious edit where some footage was removed and/or edited.

Then at 35 seconds you see the "cop" kick the "perp" and the "perp" doesn't. even. twitch.

In fact it looks like the "cop" nearly falls forward trying to kick the "perp" almost as if he was trying to make it look like a hard kick and then lost his balance trying to do so.

Unconvincing IMO and if it is fake, the person who made it should be dealt with accordingly.

There are plenty of legitimate instances of this, sadly, but going out of your way to fabricate things is going to end badly.

edit on 24-2-2013 by HIWATT because: punctuation
Wrong. Look again.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Here is yet ANOTHER example of what is coming to each and every one of us. They're getting us all used to
this so it becomes normal, every day way of living and people will become desensitized to it.

It disgusts me! My father was a fireman for a few years and a policeman for 20+ and taught me to respect the police. And I did! Back then, during the 1960's & 1970's, they were really there "To Protect And Serve."

But have things changed since then!

They're doing this because the police state is here --NOW. This is it folks --it's HERE and NOW! And guess who is to blame? ALL OF US!

We are SO selfish! We never wrote in and complained when we saw it on the news. We never called in and complained when we saw it happen to someone. We never attended town hall meetings in our own cities to voice our opinions. We never emailed our voices. We never complain UNTIL it happens to us!

We are so selfish! We don't want to be bothered until it happens to us! All we care about is stroking the self. After work instead of composing letters, emails or a phone call or attending a town meeting, what do we do? We go out bowling! We go for those drinks with friends afterwards! We come home. We go to sleep. We don't want to be bothered!

We fell asleep.

"Sleep." That's the operative word! Let us pretend it's not happening! Let us look the other way while good and decent people are being beaten, framed and even killed by senseless acts of violence by those who we trust and should be serving us! Let us ignore it all and dream as we sleep that it'll all go away and when we wake in the morning all will be normal again.

But when we wake, nothing changes. It won't change by the magic of doing nothing. But do nothing we do, and we do nothing very well!

WE let it happen. WE!

"What can I do, I am only but one in a crowd of many?" We ask our selfish selves, because we dare not wake others from their slumber who'll pretend not to notice, won't believe, pretend not to believe, or won't want to notice. Or who'll be fearful to notice.

We are all one in a crowd of many. But when One gets another we become Two in a crowd of many, and THAT is the REAL magic! Those Two soon become Many in a crowd of many and soon that other crowd of many turn into but a few! Who knew that I can become Two and Two can become Many and the other many soon becomes the few?" Most never knew!

When we all went to sleep it was To Protect and Serve. But as we awaken, we find out it was not a dream, for it is a nightmare!

And it is now, To Protect (themselves) and to Serve (themselves).

And we all let it happen.

edit on 2/24/2013 by OneNationUnder because: Spelling.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join