It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Ison caught on film by Deep Impact craft

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by fluff007
Hi all

I have to say that I am incredibly excited for Comet Ison's coming toward the end of this year..! Ison has now been caught on film, and its on a mission..

Comet Ison was only discovered in September 2012 by Russian astronomers.

Its path will put it spectacularly close to the Sun in November and if it does not burn up entirely, could be the "comet of the century".

It already has a 64,000km-long tail of dust and gas that will become visible to the naked eye later in the year - a trail scientists will study closely.

"This appears to be this comet's first-ever journey into the inner Solar System and it is expected to pass much closer to the Sun than most comets," said Tony Farnham of the University of Maryland.

Go to link for a Time-lapse video of Comet Ison as seen from Deep Impact craft..

www.bbc.co.uk...

The comet will apparently be at its brightest on Christmas day this year. This is when it will makes its closest approach to the Sun, and pass within 1.1 millions millions miles of the surface..

Keep your eyes on the skies...!

Peace

fluffx
edit on 24-2-2013 by fluff007 because: (no reason given)

Your information is incorrect and flawed. Sorry it will not be brightest on Christmas day but a month earlier. I am curious as to why you put that if you read the link you provided or if you are trying to stir up the Christians because it has the word SON in it...

Should be spectacular however I looking forward to it!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

By how I read it, this makes it's closest approach to Earth on December 26th into the 27th, 2013. A Merry Christmas Indeed. I don't know about brightest, but closest gets the cookie it seems. This is the Ephemeris:

Elements and Ephemeris for C/2012 S1 (ISON)

...and a Happy New Year? I should hope so.... -

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

By how I read it, this makes it's closest approach to Earth on December 26th into the 27th, 2013. A Merry Christmas Indeed. I don't know about brightest, but closest gets the cookie it seems. This is the Ephemeris:

Elements and Ephemeris for C/2012 S1 (ISON)

...and a Happy New Year? I should hope so.... -

That is correct but it will be the brightest the closer it is to the sun (they heat up and throw off gas, debris) I will say ok there could be some brightening when it closer to earth if it doesn't completely break up, but typically they dim as they leave the inner solar system.

It will still be an amazing event. Still trying to pass it off as being anything on the 25 is coincidence. But of course I am just hoping it doesn't turn half the population to ash and leave another quarter as zombies...
edit on 25-2-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

It certainly makes a person wonder. NASA has been keen on asteroids and other NEO's more than ever in the last few years. Deep Impact certainly reflects that. Diverting NEO's just like Hollywood.

So, they named the comet, based on the fact that they were using the International Scientific Optical Networks telescope. Or were they part of a project In Search Of Niburu?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Something tells me that they know we will be hit so they hide our view by spraying our skies. Look at all these underground bunkers they are building and the seed banks around the world. They definitely know something is coming and they don't want us to know before it reaches our atmosphere. Also our defenses are weak ( electromagnetic field)

Love & Light xx

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Night of the Comet on the reference, right? Indeed... It was among my favorite movies as a kid. lol.... Nice ending too, once they cleared out the Gov't zombies of course. I could use renaming Los Angeles to Rabbitville and declaring myself the mayor.

Seriously though, the size question of this one still bothers me. Who knows though... That could be the uncertainty issues, just as they claim though. The other thing is just how frequently these seem to pass by, now that we know how to look at them and find them in detail. Not just the comets but all of the objects. Looking at the moon's surface starts taking on new meaning. I hope we don't find one of these the hard way.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
So, it passes the sun before its closest approach to Earth. Is the trajectory accurate or could it change course due to the suns gravitational pull and somehow end up on a collision course with Earth?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Sk8ergrl

My skies aren't being sprayed.

Why wouldn't they spray and block the sky over my head but spray and block the sky over yours?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

A comet huh?

Comet Ison?

I S O N

Indisputable
Sign
Of
Nibiru!

But they want us to think it's a comet, right up until the day it smacks us or causes tremendous devastation!!

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Sk8ergrl

My skies aren't being sprayed.

Why wouldn't they spray and block the sky over my head but spray and block the sky over yours?

Are you in the UK too? If not then our governments have different means of hiding what's coming maybe for you if your american is project blue beam or haarp. for us brits its covering our skies so we can't even see the stars or the sun.

Edit: I just saw that your in Australia sorry about that. I don't think your government keeps anything hidden from you guys.
edit on 2/26/1313 by Sk8ergrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Night of the Comet on the reference, right? Indeed... It was among my favorite movies as a kid. lol.... Nice ending too, once they cleared out the Gov't zombies of course. I could use renaming Los Angeles to Rabbitville and declaring myself the mayor.

Seriously though, the size question of this one still bothers me. Who knows though... That could be the uncertainty issues, just as they claim though. The other thing is just how frequently these seem to pass by, now that we know how to look at them and find them in detail. Not just the comets but all of the objects. Looking at the moon's surface starts taking on new meaning. I hope we don't find one of these the hard way.

Well there is no worry it will hit us if that is your concern. Now sprinkling the earth with magic Zombie dust is probably not an option either as Earth doesn't even pass through it's orbital plane.

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Nawww... I'm not worried about being hit by Ison. When Elenin was around and causing everyone fits, I had learned well how to read Ephemeris charts and data. That helps a great deal for times like this and seeing with factual certainty that this is too far away and entirely wrong for course to directly interact with Earth. (with one outside exception I'll leave alone for now...it can't be THAT big)

It's the fact it wasn't even located until 2012 that bothers me..and indeed, just how large is it? The next one we find that may be much closer for projected path...will it be as uncertain, this close to dates which matter? A lot of things to wonder about when I look at NASA and see less than 20 billion for the entire budget of U.S. Space Programs through the known agency for it.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Nawww... I'm not worried about being hit by Ison. When Elenin was around and causing everyone fits, I had learned well how to read Ephemeris charts and data. That helps a great deal for times like this and seeing with factual certainty that this is too far away and entirely wrong for course to directly interact with Earth. (with one outside exception I'll leave alone for now...it can't be THAT big)

It's the fact it wasn't even located until 2012 that bothers me..and indeed, just how large is it? The next one we find that may be much closer for projected path...will it be as uncertain, this close to dates which matter? A lot of things to wonder about when I look at NASA and see less than 20 billion for the entire budget of U.S. Space Programs through the known agency for it.

AH...Good point!

But I am sure that (faked or real) Russian close call will change this and give them funding they need...lol

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sk8ergrl
Are you in the UK too? If not then our governments have different means of hiding what's coming maybe for you if your american is project blue beam or haarp. for us brits its covering our skies so we can't even see the stars or the sun.

I'm in the UK, and I try to spend as much time observing and photographing the sky as I can. I always keep an eye out for anything unusual, and would say that I know the sky better than most, but I've never seen anything been sprayed in the sky (apart from the coloured smoke the Red Arrows use), although I do see plenty of contrails as well as natural clouds.

Yes we get plenty of clouds here, but we're on an island, so you'd expect that. I've also seen plenty of stars in the last few months, although most days/nights have been cloudy, but again, that's what is expected at this time of year.

Either way, it would be almost impossible to hide something like a comet in the sky from everywhere in the UK, let alone Europe or the rest of the world.

Regarding the Earth's magnetic field - It is no more protection against large objects like comets than cling film is against bullets. What does protect Earth to at least some degree against large objects (not as large as an average sized or even small comet though) is our atmosphere, as demonstrated by the event in Russia which would doubtless have killed people on the ground had we not got the thick atmosphere that we have.

As for building seed banks, or bunkers, an impact from a space rock is not the only way a global/regional disaster could occur, so I would say it's prudent to have that kind of insurance in case the worst comes to the worst, but not only just that - species and varieties of plants are being lost at an alarming rate anyway, so why not try to preserve what is left?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Your information is incorrect and flawed. Sorry it will not be brightest on Christmas day but a month earlier. I am curious as to why you put that if you read the link you provided or if you are trying to stir up the Christians because it has the word SON in it...

I am not a Christian. At all... I stupidly listened to my idiot boyfriend and now he is not getting any dinner for making me look the fool.. My fault for not checking properly.. Apologies..

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by fluff007

I am not a Christian. At all... I stupidly listened to my idiot boyfriend and now he is not getting any dinner for making me look the fool.. My fault for not checking properly.. Apologies..

I just realized how rude I sounded and for that I apologize! And add idiot husbands do it to. It will still end up being a cool comet and I hope spectacular albeit harmless wonder in the sky! Don't starve your BF on my account though...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join