It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange loud sonic boom over Brooklyn earlier this morning?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Hello to all:

First I want to thank the moderators for allowing me to join the site. I am happy to see that there are many others like me out there who refuse to be like the rest of the lemmings of our pop culture-body conscious society. I like many others spend my time reading and thinking outside of the box. I am non-conformist and refuse to follow rules blindly without asking questions first. Well, to my thread, I don't want to sound redundant but for the past few months or so, I have been hearing what sounds like sonic booms that last longer than 1 minute and are louder than lets say the Concord. This morning at 8:49 AM, I heard what sounded like an earthquake that was about to begin. My dog even noticed before the sound actually took place. I have been hearing this sound off and on for the past few months but mostly during the early morning hours between 3 and 5AM. Now I was drawn to this site, because I was reading posts by other people who have actually mapped out the area. What puzzles me most is the military testing a new hypersonic Jet engine? I know they have been testing with similar engines over the Pacific Ocean, and have not met with great success. How about the area mapped, is it on any known fault lines? We did experience a minor earthquake two years ago? Has anyone done extensive research on the subject that I can read about? Again thank you for accepting me and I look forward to reading and discussing on future posts.

Arktouros

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arktouros
Hello to all:

First I want to thank the moderators for allowing me to join the site. I am happy to see that there are many others like me out there who refuse to be like the rest of the lemmings of our pop culture-body conscious society. I like many others spend my time reading and thinking outside of the box. I am non-conformist and refuse to follow rules blindly without asking questions first. Well, to my thread, I don't want to sound redundant but for the past few months or so, I have been hearing what sounds like sonic booms that last longer than 1 minute and are louder than lets say the Concord. This morning at 8:49 AM, I heard what sounded like an earthquake that was about to begin. My dog even noticed before the sound actually took place. I have been hearing this sound off and on for the past few months but mostly during the early morning hours between 3 and 5AM. Now I was drawn to this site, because I was reading posts by other people who have actually mapped out the area. What puzzles me most is the military testing a new hypersonic Jet engine? I know they have been testing with similar engines over the Pacific Ocean, and have not met with great success. How about the area mapped, is it on any known fault lines? We did experience a minor earthquake two years ago? Has anyone done extensive research on the subject that I can read about? Again thank you for accepting me and I look forward to reading and discussing on future posts.

Arktouros

I live in Brooklyn as well and I have heard no sonic booms, If anybody tried testing aircraft over NYC or going supersonic over NYC somebody would be in a lot of #ing trouble. This is not a place you test aircraft, secret or otherwise.

Its the sound of trucks and their gates banging or store gates, the earthquake sound can just be the vast network of subway tunnels or trucks again.

But I did hear a strange pulsating sound yesterday with no sound source yesterday, had no idea where that sound was coming from, unlike anything i heard in my life. It wasn't above us, wasn't coming from the neighbors.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Welcome To The Community

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Courtesy Is Mandatory.
What are these P F K W S ?
Visit here - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
How to Upload Your Pics & Avatars (also) Need a custom Avatar?
Your Terms and Conditions Of Use (also) Reaffirming ATS Policies

Try Ask ATS to find numerous threads to add your thoughts to now. Once a minimum of 20 posts are made, you'll be able to create your own threads & send out messages to fellow ATS members.

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***

ATS is at times like a rollercoaster ride! As a new member be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let staff know by using the "Alert" function. This will help keep the community, both young and old to further enjoy the ride with you.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join