Why was Jesus' Resurrection not convincing?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Why did Horus have to fulfill prophecies? Horus is a God and Saviour of Ancient Egypt, not Christianity..

The Messiah was prophisied at least 300 times within the old testiment. Jesus' birth, minisrty, death, and resurrection fulfilled these prophosies specifically.

Horus was depicted being cradled by his mother in some statues and was also claimed to be the Son of two Egyptian deities Osirus and Isis. It is alleged he was born of a Virgin..

Then he was not human, as in, conceved by a human male or female, but two gods. He is depected with the head of a falcon. Not very human like. Isis sewed her god husband together, reanimated Osirus, and conceved. Osirus then died after the act. This is not a virgin birth.

A Historical figure? We still hear about today so I'd say he must of been important back in those days for what ever reason it may be.

Have any documentation that Horus lived (bird head and all)? The Romans and secular Jews documented that Jesus was a flesh and blood historical figure.

I know what the Jews did to Jesus also and the Jews didn't recognise Jesus as their messiah like they won't the second time around also. Maybe you shouldn't be laughing...

You didn't answer why Jews would model their Messiah after pagans.
The high priests refused to look at OT prophesy. It is no supprise, the majority of the priests were Kenites via bloodline (very long story).

Well, interesting to hear your take on the story DarknStormy. Keep on truckn'!!!
Peace!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Why was Jesus' Resurrection not convincing? Simple and easy answer... The story is a parable for people to believe that there is hope after death and that life has some kind of overall purpose and meaning. A lot of people can not just accept that life is nothing more than just existing. People can not grasp that morality is a learned concept from past experiences we have adapted to to make life more enjoyable for the whole.

Prove me wrong and I will give you a million dollars. You can't prove me wrong just like I can't prove anyone else wrong that believes in Jesus. I can provide evidence, but just like I won't accept the bible as evidence, most people will ONLY accept the bible as evidence.

I am not one of the anti theist atheists, but I do find a religion hard to follow when half of it is immoral and the followers them self don't even follow. I mean, I don't see a lot of brides being murdered on their wedding days for not being virgins. And for the people who say "old testament" I don't see a lot of people missing eyes because Jesus said to gouge out your eyes because it caused you to lust.

Take the good, leave the bad and enjoy life. Who cares if he existed or didn't. If you find moral comfort in the story than enjoy that.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Siberbat

Dude, its nothing more than Sun worship with a feel good about yourself story attached to it. You can believe what you want, you can even source 2 Billion Christians though about 60% wouldn't call themselves Christians let alone read the bible. The cross is a Pagan Symbol, Christianity associates itself with the cross and whether you believe it or not, The only thing a floating around in the sky tha resembles light is the Sun. They say the teachings of the Bible are from ancient teachings which possibly go all the way back to Ancient Sumeria.. The new age stuff is just another story in a different form touching upon the same things the ancients did.

edit on 24-2-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by coldkidc
Funny - you say it "wasn't convincing" like that's a fact...

It's called "begging the question",.. a fallacy.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Interesting. The question that comes to mind is: Did Jesus want to be known throughout the world or didn't he? If he wanted to be known and loved and worshiped by all then he would have done it while alive.

Yet, if you were to take a survey around the world as to whether or not anyone's ever heard of him, you'd probably be hard pressed to find those who haven't.

As for being loved and worshiped by all, if this was his intention then the other Bible prophecies (in the Old Testament) wouldn't come to fulfillment and Jesus said he came to fulfill prophecy.

Since this didn't happen (and going on the premise that his story is true) then apparently he only wanted a select few in the Middle East to know him.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Dude, its nothing more than Sun worship with a feel good about yourself story attached to it.

The only thing a floating around in the sky that resembles light is the Sun.

If you read the story of creation carefully, you'll notice that God said "let there be light" a few days before he created the sun. Light existed before the sun. What makes you think that light only resides in the sky that your eye is capable of seeing?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by namine

I also believe that if Jesus was crucified, he didn't die, but survived.

Just because people believed him to be dead, doesn't make it so. He was only up there for 6 hours, most crucifixions took longer than a few hours. He was probably drugged, with the vinegar sponge, and he appeared to be dead. He was then wisked away by his friends who cut a deal with Pilot.

His friends used healing aloe and myrrh on his wounds and 3 days later, no body in the tomb!

Then he tells Mary not to touch him, he was still sore, I'm sure, and tells her 'I have not yet ascended to my father" meaning, I'm not yet dead! He tells doubting Thomas that he is flesh and blood, not a spirit. To me, that says he didn't die.

Then he was hungry and ate! I don't think there will be hunger in the afterlife! And, I can't believe a resurrected Jesus would eat the dead flesh of an animal in the afterlife either!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

He hung for three hours without breathing. When a person is crucified they must pull themselves up with their arms and push off the nails in the feet to exhale and grab another breath. Generally they die from suffocation when they become too exhausted to continue this excruciating process.

I know of no one who could last for 3 hours without breathing. Then have a spear thrust into their side. The Praetorian guardsmen didn't bother to break Christ's legs because He hadn't been using them to breathe for 3 hours up till that point.

edit on 25-2-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Crucifixion was often performed to terrorize and dissuade its witnesses from perpetrating particularly heinous crimes. Victims were left on display after death as warnings to others who might attempt dissent. Crucifixion was usually intended to provide a death that was particularly slow, painful (hence the term excruciating, literally "out of crucifying"), gruesome, humiliating, and public, using whatever means were most expedient for that goal. Crucifixion methods varied considerably with location and time period.
en.wikipedia.org...

According to the Bible, even Pilate was amazed at how quickly Jesus, supposedly died.

Mark 15:44 Pilate was surprised to hear that he should have already died.[a] And summoning the centurion, he asked him whether he was already dead.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Yes, it was a quick death. Because in Christ's case He didn't die from the normal suffocation but by pleural and pericardial effusions due to hypovolemic shock.

But He was still dead. The Roman soldiers could easily see if Christ was exerting Himself to breathe or not.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
edit on 25-2-2013 by wildtimes because: NEVER MIND. GHA

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

If you read the story of creation carefully, you'll notice that God said "let there be light" a few days before he created the sun. Light existed before the sun. What makes you think that light only resides in the sky that your eye is capable of seeing?

If you read the story of creation carefully you will see that there was possibly more than one god also.. Anyway, if God was the only thing in existence to start with, why would he have to say anything?

I understand that there are other light sources in the universe but when it comes to our planet and our survival, the Sun is more important than anything else. Without it, we simply wouldn't be here talking about religion and I can see why Sun worship is a major part of ancient history. Why would it be any different in modern religion? Everything in the Bible can be compared to objects or signs in the heavens. Why does Jesus always have a Sun around his head in paintings/pictures etc?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Yet, if you were to take a survey around the world as to whether or not anyone's ever heard of him, you'd probably be hard pressed to find those who haven't.

Hearing of him and worshiping him are two different things. How many people around the world have heard of Michael Jackson? Elvis. The Beatles.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   

There is no way of knowing the details of his crucifixion, that only an autopsy could reveal. Since there was no body to autopsy, and we do have some sort of record that Jesus was up and about, walking, talking, eating and presumably, using the toilet, we can't logically speculate that he actually died and rose from dead. We can only logically speculate that he survived. Occam's Razor, my friend!

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

you are making a lot of assumptions.
Hypovolemic shock- did he lose enough blood for that? Pain can cause fainting too not necessarily low BP due to shock. Maybe it was a vasovagal syncope.

The Bible says he was pierced in the 'side' how is that its assumed that it was through the chest till the heart?
Because blood & water came out? Well then a simpler explanation is that he had a bit of pleural effusion(water) and he was alive(so flowing blood in body) and the spear made a cut deep enough to cause damage to blood vessel and reached the pleural cavity causing bleeding with leaking pleural fluid.
Bleeding is a sign of life, dead bodies dont bleed.

However if you want to kill a person then he can die from a tiny emboli from his lash wounds to cause pulmonary embolisation and quick death!

As winword said, cant know it until there was an autopsy and the simplest explanation is that he survived.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Take the Occam's razor approach then. No person can go for 3 hours without breathing.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Take the Occam's razor approach then. No person can go for 3 hours without breathing.

As far as I know, no "person" did.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by logical7

THANK YOU, log7. NuT and I have been round and round about this.

My husband nearly died a couple of years back from a pleural empyema. They put a tube in his side to drain the fluid. And you know what came out? BLOOD AND WATER. I sat there and watched it. Liters of it, before it was all said and done. Nothing touched his heart - the fluid was from the lung lining. In his right side, too!!!

This bizarre notion that Jesus was stabbed through the heart is a total fabrication based on speculation by a Christian doctor. No evidence of it AT ALL. NONE. But, I've been unable to get past that barrier with NuT. He's convinced.

Right, NuT?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

He hung for three hours without breathing.

No. He did not. Not according to ANY records ANYWHERE, except in your mind, and retroactively applied by your "doctor" guy doing a non-existent autopsy. He was not stabbed through the heart. I'm sorry, but that's a ridiculous conjecture.

Crucifixion takes DAYS, and some people DID survive it. Look it up. He was brought down early, legs unbroken, drugged, and leaking from a side-wound. Period.

Your version of this is so skewed, NuT. :shk:

Like log7 said, also, DEAD BODIES DO NOT BLEED.
The shroud (if it's not a fraud) shows BLEEDING.

Also, resuscitated people still have wounds, and appetites, and thirst, and are weak.
Occam's razor indeed.
edit on 26-2-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join