It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help with serial killer dreams...warning: disturbing content...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Twice in the past month I've had a dream about someone committing multiple murders. These are incredibly disturbing dreams and they are not easily forgotten. I don't watch scary movies or subject myself to reading about murderous news stories or videos online. I'm actually a very peaceful person, so having dreams like this is highly disturbing to me. I really want to know if anyone has any opinion on what either of them mean.

The first dream was about a month ago:

I was driving in a car on a moderately busy road. I remember thinking in my head that I had to turn around because I was going the wrong way. The road was muddy, and it was hard to turn around, but I managed to do so. When I drove back up the road, I saw that there was a line of police cars parked alongside the road. I remember feeling very afraid at that point because I didn't know why they were there.

When I slowed down to see what was going on, I saw that these police officers were digging in the ground. Almost like they were digging graves. A little ways from where they were digging, there were dead corpses tied to large stakes in the ground. Their hands were bound behind them and there were white bags over their heads. I could tell that their throats were slit by the way that their heads hung. The bags were soaked in blood. Fear ran through my body as I saw this.

I woke up shaking and highly disturbed. I still don't know what that dream means, if anything.

The second dream I just woke up from:

I, along with many other people were walking down this underground tunnel. There were two lines of people; one going one way, the other in the opposite direction. By the looks on these people's faces, they were highly disturbed about something. Their faces pale and clammy, their bodies shaken and tense.

On the walls of these tunnels, I saw red and blue flashing lights. Identical to police lights. Again, I became very frightened and extremely curious. I asked a lady who was walking in the opposite direction what was going on. She replied that there was a killer on the loose, and the police were trying to find him. She said to proceed with caution. I remember praying to God at that point. I continued praying for quite awhile.

After a few feet, the police lights ended and darkness settled in. These tunnels were extremely dark and at about every 20 feet, there were large aluminum double doors that blocked the way ahead. You had to push them open in order to proceed forward. (It didn't make much sense that the doors were closed every 20 feet because two lines of people were going in opposite directions, but it was a dream).

My sister was alongside of me and took out a gun. I took out my flashlight and we proceeded forward. We went like this for a little while. Pushing our way forward.

We made our way to a checkpoint area.

The police officer there made us wait there for a few seconds while he answered his radio. This is where things got bad...

On the radio came the voice of the serial killer. He started singing in a very high pitched voice while shooting rounds off. We could hear people screaming and bodies falling to the floor. It stopped about 30 seconds later. The police officer explained that his only son was killed by this guy and that we need to proceed forward with caution.

We walked forward and saw that the tunnel ended. I looked over to the right and saw that there was a brown bridge, but the bridge was covered with dead bodies. Pools of blood were forming underneath them and I realized that these were the people that I just heard over the radio. Fear flooded me. Then...I woke up.

When I woke up, I was shaking and extremely frightened. I have no idea what it could possibly mean, if it means anything at all. If someone has any idea what either of these dreams could mean, please, I require your insight.

Thank you.

Love and Light.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I think you need to talk to someone professionally. Maybe it's something you watching or reading?

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

Thanks for the advice, but as I stated in my opening paragraph:

"I don't watch scary movies or subject myself to reading about murderous news stories or videos online. I'm actually a very peaceful person, so having dreams like this is highly disturbing to me."

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Was dream #1 about the time that the rogue cop Dorner was news?

Dream #2 - notice your avatar pic. The bridge. The bridge between this life and the next - classical symbolism.

You seem to be having a spiritual crisis (turning point) and are conflicted between the major dicotomies of good and evil (good and bad - same thing), right and wrong, light and darkness, etc. Questions are plagueing you like - 'Why do bad things happen to good people' and it's opposite.

You seem to be an observer rather than a participator in the dreams. Like, a fish out of water so to speak - but - more so a feeling of not being like other people.

Both dreams have police so perhaps you are coming to grips with the fact that police are not automatically "good" people.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Quyll

Maybe you are meant to be in Law Enforcement. Perhaps, as a homicide detective.

Maybe that's your calling.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam
Was dream #1 about the time that the rogue cop Dorner was news?

Dream #2 - notice your avatar pic. The bridge. The bridge between this life and the next - classical symbolism.

You seem to be having a spiritual crisis (turning point) and are conflicted between the major dicotomies of good and evil (good and bad - same thing), right and wrong, light and darkness, etc. Questions are plagueing you like - 'Why do bad things happen to good people' and it's opposite.

You seem to be an observer rather than a participator in the dreams. Like, a fish out of water so to speak - but - more so a feeling of not being like other people.

Both dreams have police so perhaps you are coming to grips with the fact that police are not automatically "good" people.

Thank you for your very intuitive post, greatly appreciated.

Dream #1 happened a few weeks before the case with Dorner.

You are an incredibly observant person. I would think that you knew me in person if I didn't know any better! You're right in stating that I am having a spiritual crisis. But why a serial killer? Does that represent the ultimate evil? Or is it a deeper seeded fear of mine that is just coming out now?

In my dreams and in real life, I feel like a fish out of water. Not really like a normal human being. It's just odd how my mind is interpreting a spiritual crisis as a serial killer and his victims.

Thank you very much for your answer.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Maybe your intuition is telling you that you need to be careful because your sister is going to try to kill you.

You go to the policia with you suspicions and they try to help but in the end they can't help,so you have to open many doors to find out the truth. By the time you do all this it seems like you have been on a long journey where all of the faces you see are the same, but actually it is you and your face that you see.

In vain you try one last attempt to find the truth, but sadly your sister murders you.

edit on 24-2-2013 by magma because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

I have honestly never thought about becoming a detective. The main reason why is because I can't watch or read anything that's scary or has to do with murder.

It scares the crap out of me.

Not exactly the best trait for a detective.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

Incredibly interesting story...

But not likely.

All the faces in the lines of people were different, and I don't live anywhere near my sister.

Thanks though

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Are you facing an up coming change? perhaps one that you dont particularly care for but is inevitable none the less?

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Quyll

But in the dream, despite your fears about that stuff, what were you doing ? You were still going forward towards the danger to find out what was going on. That's showing you that despite your fears, you can overcome them to do what you were meant to do. You even had a trusted partner accompanying you in the form of a family member. Because when you are in the Police force, you are family. That's why the other officer had no problem sharing with you what happened and let you know what was going on. He recognized you and as of his own.

A cop.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Seems like you are having troubles to face dramatic changes you may need in your life.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
Are you facing an up coming change? perhaps one that you dont particularly care for but is inevitable none the less?

No, not really.

I live a pretty boring life, so besides the upcoming potential for WW3, I don't really see any change happening.

Thank your or your response!

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quyll ... But why a serial killer? Does that represent the ultimate evil? Or is it a deeper seeded fear of mine that is just coming out now?

... It's just odd how my mind is interpreting a spiritual crisis as a serial killer and his victims. ...

An 'ultimate' evil to you would be different for other people ... so, 'ultimate' is rather a personal concept. I do not know if a serial killer represents the 'ultimate evil' to you. Only you can answer that question.

Your subconscious is dealing with 'fear' in both dreams. Fear is a necessary survival tool, so it's not all bad. Fear can be bad when it over whelms us, good when it warns us of impending danger. Like, when you smell smoke in the house - you look for the fire.

All people in our dreams, symbolically represent parts of ourselves. Babies in a dream are new growth in our personality whereas dying or dead people are old aspects of our personality that we are shedding (getting rid of.) We grow, we learn, we adapt, we change ... hopefully in an effort to better perfect ourselves.

People who are uncertain about their beliefs in the afterlife are disturbing you as well. You see it clearly and can't understand why they don't see it.

Dreams help us cope with things that are too troubling for the conscious mind to consider.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

Maybe instead of becoming a police officer, it was really trying to show me that I need to face my fears.

And I have always had a fear of murders and serial killer scenarios. Possibly due to past life stuff.

Not really in my first dream, but in my second dream, I did go forward and face my fears.

Maybe it's my minds way of telling me to gain more courage, and more forward with conquering your fears.

I didn't see it like that, but now I do. I gave you a star for your incredibly helpful insight. Thank you.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
When I have dreams like these, it is because I am afraid/worried about something that is happening in my life. My subconscious is trying to work through the issue while I am asleep.

Personally, if these were my dreams, I would have tracked down the killer, had a glorious battle with him, ended his life, and become the hero of the lands. Take the doors you describe in your second dream. Once I had realized that they were trying to block my way, I would have used my superman laser eyes to blast through the rest of them so my path was no longer impeded.

Because your mind is working through an insecurity or problem you have in real life, you want to make sure that the outcomes of these dreams are always positive. That you are the victor, and that anything negative that happens, you counteract with something that will be beneficial to you.

Next time you have a dream like this, follow it through, but be in control of what happens. After all, it is your dream and you can be and do anything you want in it.

I really can’t interpret your dreams, because I don’t know what is going on in your head. It could be something as serious as you were molested when you were young or as minor as you ate some spicy food before you went to bed. Only you can truly know or understand why you are having them.

But I can tell you that for some reason, your subconscious is trying to work through whatever the problem is, which is good. Now you just have to help it along a bit.

Hope this helps you a little.

Thanks,
Blend57

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by blend57

Your post made me laugh
Superman laser eyes!

I think it's my subconscious trying to tell me to gain some courage and conquer my fears of both the unknown, and homicide situations.

It's hard to follow through with a dream like that when you're scared of moving forward toward the inevitable confrontation, but that's why my mind is trying to help push me past my fears. I appreciate what my subconscious is trying to do for me, but I would like it to help me in a less violent manner!

Thank you so much for your response! Very helpful!

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Is there anything going on in your life or maybe a love one you could be concern about?

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Most of the comments has cleared this point .. but I think I can add some spices , Ok you are experiencing a spiritual crisis , and you see roads in all your dreams and some unknown force tells you to see and observe what is happening around you instinctively , it might be that unknown forces were giving you the message " how boring and dangerous the roads you are driving on , why not change the direction of your life, love, or faith, and try to find peace and it is you who will know what gives you peace from these three , because you are the driver of your vehicle .. this is how I feel about your dreams

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by sylent6
Is there anything going on in your life or maybe a love one you could be concern about?

No, I don't think so. My family's doing alright

I live a pretty boring life outside of my mind. My dreams keep things exciting for me...both good and bad

top topics

<<   2 >>

join