It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are Americans deluded into thinking they could win a civil war?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Does no one take the massive effect a civil war would have on our economy? We would win the civil war brought through the systematic failure of the economy and dollar.They wouldn't be able to afford an illegal immigrant to spit shine a drone's camera.

Much less the fuel. They could try marches, but marches are easy to harass. Few vehicles, fuel is rare, spare parts near non existent. So. Think a little harder.

---------

The Constitution would have to be demolished in order for the government to win a modern civil war. If they do that, many more people would join in. By the way, it isn't a civil war, it's a Revolution. This isn't North vs. South. It's the people against Tyranny.
edit on 24-2-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

A complete monetary failure would work for Global Government . Food would stop flowing , electricity would die and so would the water . Gas would not be pumped , phones not work , internet not work and your neighbor would be eyeing your food , pet ,gas or anything they want . They would be desperate and the roving thuggs would be a terror .
Still you have to go for it just like in the revolutionary war .They were really putting it on the line then too!

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I wouldn't want to even entertain the idea of the U.S. citizens fighting our own military, but if you think that the Afghanis are a tough lot for our guys to contend with, try and imagine a bunch of dug in Americans fighting on our own soil...

It would surely be a losing battle for America either way, but there would be no defeating us on our home turf. Not without rendering the place completely uninhabitable. I think that you underestimate the majority of Americans living across the rural areas of our country.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
it is inevitable to avoid war we humans know this so to re-frame ourselves from the negativity we shield ourselves with a mere idea in what so being such a idea it is called.

hope /hōp/

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by quietlearner

You don't negotiate with tyrants . Grow a set and get with it . View a video on Agenda 21 on youtube and tell me is that what you want . Old people will be eliminated like on Soylent Green . No private property , no private transportation no aircondition , you live where they say if you live . the Elderly are usless eaters . In Agenda 21 there is Population Reduction . They are now trying to tell old people just die . Just like that Jap leader said the elderly needs to just die ,they are a burden on society .

Soylent Green

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Quauhtli

Your analogy of the results of war is correct but you may not have considered that Agenda 21 deals with cleaning out the rural people and moving everybody to cramped population centers . 14 story apartment buildings built with sub par construction. Infestations of bedbugs and German roaches would be the norm .
Agenda 21 sets up people free zones and connecting corridors where your travel will be by permission where ever you go . Papers please !

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

something like that will never happen
it wold mean the end of the USA economy
if there is one thing rich people love more than anything is their bank accounts

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Because some of us would rather die trying than live as slaves to the system.

Because some of us have something called testicular fortitude that many of you lack.

Because it has been done before many, many times through history with positive results.

It never ceases to amaze me how gutless and timid some people are.

edit on 24-2-2013 by mwood because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sajuek

So you think that the government would use bio warfare against it's own people? Who would they have left to support them then?

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by quietlearner

Where have you been ? Your President has signed a letter of commitment to move the US to Agenda 21 . You should get off your chair and look into it . It's coming hard !Look at ICLEI in your area working on the local level to move us to Agenda 21 . It is here now but we are wanting to stop it .You can't deny it and hope it goes away . You have a computer . Go to youtube and type in Agenda 21 and view it . Henry Lamb gives a good review of it .
The Global Government will issue the Mark of the Beast money . But first they would welcome a failure in the American economy . That would cause people to accept anything they want sooner or later .
edit on 24-2-2013 by SimonPeter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

The thing is.. there would be simultaneous rebellion and revolution. So even if you could trust the government and ideologies you supported there would be others that would scramble to take advantage of the void too. No matter who fights for it on either side, it will be a free for all when things wind down. Things you really don't want. It would splinter the nation.

We need massive change.. We need to fire all of our politicians and end any corporate money going to the government and especially politicians, but I am not quite sure people always understand what another civil war would be like today. Not saying you don't understand (milkyway), but most people don't. I don't think the OP does particularly, and there people that understand even more than the OP that still don't realize all there is to consider. I probably don't, but I think I have a pretty good idea.

edit on 24-2-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sajuek

It isn't about "winning".
It is about, "rather be dead than have my rights taken from me".

or, for you more simple minded gun grabbers,

"Going out in a blaze of glory".

You may look forward to the day when the government controls every aspect of our lives but, I can assure you, I'll never have to see that day. One way or the other, makes noo difference to me anymore.
edit on 24-2-2013 by GeneralChaos because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

You said it . Obama talked about that change .That CHANGE would be to the NWO . He is a NWO man from hell . He does not salute our flag and that tells me something .

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I'm sitting here reading through what is currently 7 pages and 100+ replies of yet another "what if" and "you don't stand a chance" scenario of the American people and THE UNITED STATES corporatocracy engaged in a revolutionary conflict, and I see everyone treating this as if its gonna be some isolated event in this present day Earth.

Seriously, not a single person has entertained the thought that if/when we reach this point, that the outside world is gonna sit idly by and do nothing or not even hear about it. The Pacific and Atlantic oceans are no longer a great obstacle or of great protection in this day and age. You can literally get from one side of the world to the other in a matter of hours. Do any of you seriously think the likes of China or Russia or any other considerable or even not very considerable world power will not strike while the iron is hot and take advantage of the chaos?

Do you not think there will be offers of foreign alliances or help made to the revolutionary peoples of America against the government tyrants or vice versa? Some will read this and say, "NO! Never will we accept outside help! This is an American matter!", but exactly how cohesive would the revolutionary peoples of America be? They could very well be broken into many factions, some of which WOULD accept that help and those alliances, and that opens up a whole other hornets nest: Who can you actually trust among these foreign entities who have come in under the guise of "ally"? I don't think people in this thread have given serious thought and consideration to any and all scenarios/outcomes concerning a possible revolutionary/civil conflict in real time. Finally, how well would our "great" U.S. military industrial complex handle fighting, in this present day, a full fledged World War and Civil/Revolutionary War SIMULTANEOUSLY?

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
War is not about how many toys you have or even how many people die.

edit on 24-2-2013 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SerratedSoul

There are sooo many possibilities that you could make any scenario believable. Patriot groups given weapons by cartels, US bringing in NATO forces. Anything would be possible, like I said, free for all.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
We are the hand thats feeds them! Dont forget that. Our Military are American citizens who believe in fighting for freedom. I truely believe if it came down to it, they would turn their guns on the true enemy. Our elected leaders have not been treating our brother and sister soldiers all that well. Actually, they treat them like crap!
When they give the order to kill their own, that will will be the end of or corrupt leaders.
I'll take my neighbor flying his F-16 over their damn drones and some jokers from the UN, or DHS anyday.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mwood

it is not about fortitude
the days of brute force are over
International relations are a lot more complicated now
the world is a lot smaller

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SerratedSoul

Seriously, not a single person has entertained the thought that if/when we reach this point, that the outside world is gonna sit idly by and do nothing or not even hear about it. The Pacific and Atlantic oceans are no longer a great obstacle or of great protection in this day and age. You can literally get from one side of the world to the other in a matter of hours. Do any of you seriously think the likes of China or Russia or any other considerable or even not very considerable world power will not strike while the iron is hot and take advantage of the chaos?

Russia and China will definitely get involved
what about N.Korea and Iran?
not to mention Canada and Mexico
It would sure be a free for all

edit on 24-2-2013 by quietlearner because: (no reason given)

I also think that if the USA Gov were to collapse, WWIII would start the next day
edit on 24-2-2013 by quietlearner because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by quietlearner
Russia and China will definitely get involved
what about N.Korea and Iran?
not to mention Canada and Mexico

Yes, I actually had all those countries you mentioned in mind and then some while I was posting, but I didn't want to go on longer than I already did. I mean, hell, Cuba could probably float over a few bathtub or tire brigades and take over a McDonalds or something along a coastal city during a mess such as this. Revolutions are terrible in nature, but are necessary in practicality when the circumstances arise. "Living in interesting times" truly is a curse.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join