It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Why are Americans deluded into thinking they could win a civil war?

page: 4
32
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by EllaMarina
 


sorry about sounding so snippy. please accept my apology.

there is no doubt the U.S. Government see's it's citizens as a threat to it's power.
and it is very clear who and what they consider a threat.
just read some of the DHS reports. it's plain to see they expect something.

question is why have they turned against their citizens. is it a push from one worlders, is it big-corporations or banks, is it some kind of natural disaster.

or is it just the nature of big government, that the founding fathers warned us about.

find this out and expose it and then maybe, a revolt could be averted.




posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie
 


Hit and run warfare

Never get in a major battle.

Make it unprofitable by attacking infrastructure

Gain public favor

large scale espionage

Spread the army thin to lessen its power

I would be willing to try my luck if necessary. Haven't any of you read Sun Tzu?
edit on 24-2-2013 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by JDmOKI
reply to post by hounddoghowlie
 


Hit and run warfare

Never get in a major battle.

Make it unprofitable by attacking infrastructure

Gain public favor

large scale espionage

Spread the army thin to lessen its power

I would be willing to try my luck if necessary. Haven't any of you read Sun Tzu?
edit on 24-2-2013 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)


Reduce the cost of government and burden on the tax payers by destroying things that public has
funded in the first place!


Yeehaw!

That is smart!



posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sajuek
 


Interesting point of view..sure does inspire the white flag to go flying up doesn't it...


I have a question though with your final statement...

Are you implying that the best way to "out" or win against a "full tyrant mode" government is to ...."vote" them out??

surely...that is in jest...

What some people FAIL to understand (OP) is that for some of us...we would rather DIE...than exist and live on planet where "resistance is futile"...In regards to what you are talking about and fighting tyranny...its not about fighting for survival...people aren't concerned as much about winning...its more about dying standing than living on ones knees.




edit on 24-2-2013 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Censored1
 


Its supposed to be hypothetical. I wouldn't be concerned with the tax payers with all out total war.

Do you think we will be paying taxes during a revolution?



posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Again, the US public would have the technological advantage from the beginning.

The US military would have the advanced weaponry, but high tech weapons need a continuous supply of replacement part, that would greatly strain the global corporate empire.

The US Navy and Air Force would mainly grind to a halt within a few months, a few years at best.

Low budget drones would soon rule the sky's.

The big key would be identifying, and hunting down the people who control the global corporate empire.



posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by JDmOKI
reply to post by Censored1
 


Its supposed to be hypothetical. I wouldn't be concerned with the tax payers with all out total war.

Do you think we will be paying taxes during a revolution?


And who are we revolting against?

IT seems to me that the potential revolutionaries align with the same corporate forces that dominate
policy in the first place.

Who is going to pay for reconstruction?

There is a very long roster of considerations that might be examined before we go off and disassemble
our leadership role here on Earth....



posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

Again, the US public would have the technological advantage from the beginning.

The US military would have the advanced weaponry, but high tech weapons need a continuous supply of replacement part, that would greatly strain the global corporate empire.

The US Navy and Air Force would mainly grind to a halt within a few months, a few years at best.

Low budget drones would soon rule the sky's.

The big key would be identifying, and hunting down the people who control the global corporate empire.



Those are the job creators, sounds like socialism to me!



posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Censored1
 


Ummmm....i dunno? Thats not what the topic is about. I would assume the leaders of the revolution?

Why would I fight for corporations?



posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by JDmOKI
reply to post by Censored1
 


Ummmm....i dunno? Thats not what the topic is about. I would assume the leaders of the revolution?

Why would I fight for corporations?


Do you know who will be taking the place of government when government is over thrown?

Who do you thinking will fill the void of power?



posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Censored1
 


I think there would logically be serious considerations before a war of this nature would occur. I'm not jumping on the bandwagon of revolution. I'm just stating hypothetically we could win against a powerful force through great leadership and gorilla tactics. Large/better funded/experienced forces have been defeated throughout history.

haven't you ever watched Braveheart?



posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Censored1
 


I wouldn't know. I can't read the hypothetical future

From your logic, I would assume really evil people?



posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Censored1
 


Yay! Someone actually sees it. Before anyone goes and does anything you have to take a look at the end. Can a sustainable alternative be put in place? What are the plans for the other end of the tunnel? Otherwise you are going to have a bunch of people looking at each other wondering what to do next.

This is also another strike against any type of rebellion. People have different motives and getting everyone on the same page before and after would prove to be a monumental task. In truth all that would need to be done is to have a half-hearted war and let the rebels think they won while holding back on many resources. Then insert any number of individuals quietly into leadership positions, covertly eliminate any power players and the new system is now under old control once again. Then if they want make that new leadership look far worse than the old regime and you can even have people begging for them to come back except with a bunch of new conditions. Could a rebellion win. Yea, but it would need a lot of help and luck. I just don't think it would have the right people it would need to win on their side.

I say we try to fix what we have before people try tipping over the pot. There's too much at stake to get all frenzied and act foolishly.



posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by JDmOKI
reply to post by Censored1
 


I wouldn't know. I can't read the hypothetical future

From your logic, I would assume really evil people?


I assume that the real people who are creating the discontent in the this world today would never
be touched by a civil war because those people use influence to advance their agenda. A war cannot
kill influence of the inherent power of wealth.



posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla
 


Blah blah

American troops would not kill American people. All the nuts forget who the troops are. Most of them are very Patriotic young men. Not like the normal whiny, touchy-feely, hand-wringing liberals. We wouldn't have to fight our own Government troops, just some die hard Feds. We have done it once, poor dumb farmers and craftsman took on the Juggernaut of the day. Ignoring or belittling the power of the average citizen, who in fact make this country what it is, is just another example of how out of touch and feckless the opposition have become.

I personally don't think any such thing would happen to begin with, but to ignore the armed might of the People is foolish.


V



posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sajuek
 


Your assumption is totally based on a senerio where the full established Government is against a percentage of the civilian masses,when the reality would be more like many States against the Federal government along with the Federal Military fragmented between the two sides. Add in 50 million armed civilians and the feds would be in trouble.



posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Variable
reply to post by Druscilla
 


Blah blah

American troops would not kill American people. All the nuts forget who the troops are. Most of them are very Patriotic young men. Not like the normal whiny, touchy-feely, hand-wringing liberals. We wouldn't have to fight our own Government troops, just some die hard Feds. We have done it once, poor dumb farmers and craftsman took on the Juggernaut of the day. Ignoring or belittling the power of the average citizen, who in fact make this country what it is, is just another example of how out of touch and feckless the opposition have become.

I personally don't think any such thing would happen to begin with, but to ignore the armed might of the People is foolish.


V


At least we can count on the uber intelligent conservatives who blindly support the corporate culture that
makes the federal government what it is today!

We can kill the entire country off, but that will do nothing to change the true seat of power that leads to
your discontent, that is called thinking in some parts.



posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Censored1
 


I'm pretty sure that a large scale war would be really unprofitable for the military industrial complex if they lost.

just saying



posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by JDmOKI
reply to post by Censored1
 


I'm pretty sure that a large scale war would be really unprofitable for the military industrial complex if they lost.

just saying


That would make sense if you mistakenly think that the individuals who comprise the MIC will takes sides.

The business is to sell munitions and arms, not join the enlisted men and square off. Somebody pays for the

bullets and someone gets paid for those same bullets.



posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Censored1
 


Your logic is that if the government is to become totalitarian and soldiers are marching through the streets is to remain content and negotiate? "Hey guys its futile, even if we win"..... I don't understand

What would you do?



new topics

top topics



 
32
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join