It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are Americans deluded into thinking they could win a civil war?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Americans could never win a civil war and get their freedom back.

Anybody deemed a threat right now is getting a radio pulsed signal into their homes wiring from those new Wireless Power Meters....and that signal is taking their health away.

From the foolish fascists who sacrificed their lives, blood, sweat, and tears.....they allowed a monster to be created that's taken over the Planet.

You gotta ask yourself why they won't release the data of all 50 States on the Veteran suicide rate....only "official data" is from 21 States....the lowest number of veterans in those States.

They don't want the rest of the country knowing the full veteran suicide rate....because if it was known the number would dramatically escalate.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Sloppy thinking.

The media is already controlled and centralised. That takes the vast majority out of the game. Whether they have guns or not.

If the USA descends into full fascism the small minority going against the grain will have to go against the apparatus of the state and the vast majority of the population believing whats on the news.

You'll be branded a terrorist, identified and eliminated as the majority of your countrymen watch on and applaud.

You don't need to control rifles if you control belief.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sajuek

I love your post. It details exactly why the common man would fail in a successful rebellion against the government. People like to refer to the Revolutionary War as proof that it can be done. However, that wasn't a citizens' militia doing the fighting, it was a real army, and formed within a country that had already been around for some time. It was two countries warring against each other.

Now, I will be impressed if it were revealed that there is a secret army equal in caliber to the US military, training with the same equipment, and building in size as we speak. If I see that emerge, I'll probably barely believe my eyes.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Did I miss something? You stated that a civil "dispute" will errupt next Tuesday? If you are referring to the sequestration - it is all on the President's back to name, cut and unfund the 2% as he choses. I believe this is more of dog and pony show for people not to realize the facts of reality. Needless to say if chooses to cut entitlements (and repubs are to blame or fall on the sword) then I am sure there may be riots. The amount of people relying on these entitlements will have no other option.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I agree;I think it would be insane for the people to start a civil war.And If persistent enough it could be resolved through diplomatic solutions.Maybe at t5he poles;but surely through judicial process.As long as justice still prevails.
A civil war would not be fought as our forefathers fought it; the weapons are different now and with air support as you mentioned in your writing,would make it a terrible loss.If one meditates on the reality of a civil war in our country in this day and age would be taken with horror at the loss of life on this land once more.
When will mankind stop making war?Who can bring him to his knees that he wars no more?War is madness,and the sane wish to see ,no more,war.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Somebody call Afghanistan and tell them they cant overthrow the soviets and resist the united states

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by EllaMarina
reply to post by sajuek

I love your post. It details exactly why the common man would fail in a successful rebellion against the government. People like to refer to the Revolutionary War as proof that it can be done. However, that wasn't a citizens' militia doing the fighting, it was a real army, and formed within a country that had already been around for some time. It was two countries warring against each other.

Now, I will be impressed if it were revealed that there is a secret army equal in caliber to the US military, training with the same equipment, and building in size as we speak. If I see that emerge, I'll probably barely believe my eyes.

this from someone who lives in a town where one of the most important battles took place during the American Revolutionary War. One in which the U.S. forces effectively lost the control of the southern colonies.

Siege of Charleston

where did you go to school?

up till the time that the founding fathers declared independence, the colonies were part of the british empire, and everyone in the colonies was coincided british citizens.

and have you ever heard of the minute men over half of the U.S. forces that fought against england were militia.

here see this from the wiki. fastest and simplist way not to make a fool of ones self.

American Revolutionary War

also from the same link

Seeking to coordinate military efforts, the Continental Congress established (on paper) a regular army on June 14, 1775, and appointed George Washington as commander-in-chief. The development of the Continental Army was always a work in progress, and Washington used both his regulars and state militia throughout the war.

if you don't know something google and wiki can be your friend.

edit on 24-2-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
You laid out some of the obstacles that the people might face in a modern civil war in america but what about the obstacles that the government would have to contend with?

The war would no doubt be a guerrilla war of attrition lasting for many years.

With an all volunteer military force like what america has, finding replacement troops to fill the ranks would become extremely difficult during a prolonged war of attrition.
The government could institute forced conscription but the people that would be conscripted would be the same people that the government is trying to kill, so desertion, spying, sabotage etc would be a big problem.

Poisoning the country with radiation and disease would be suicide for the government.
The people and land that the government irradiated and poisoned is the same land and people that the military depends on for new recruits, food, manufacturing of military equipment, transportation of cargo and equipment to bases and depots, etc. Everything that the military would need would have to be made and imported from overseas, fresh water for drinking, uniforms, ammunition, oil and lubricants, food, medicines, etc.
Since every civilian would be a potential enemy the government would have to irradiate and poison the entire country making it an uninhabitable waste land.

In a prolonged guerrilla war there are many things that the old and obese can do to help the war effort that doesn`t require them to be in the front line carrying a gun. Every civilian service or product that the government uses would be subject to sabotage by the old and obese who work in manufacturing and service sectors.everything that the military would buy for the duration of the war from computer software to drone parts would be subject to sabotage if they are made in america.

Undoubtedly foreign terrorist organizations would use this as the perfect opportunity to increase attacks against government installations and buildings.

The biggest insurmountable obstacle that the government and military would face would be trying to occupy and secure the entire geographical area of the united states for years if not indefinitely.
Afghanistan is about the size of the state of Texas and we have 50 states, it`s been 12 years and the military has been unable to occupy and secure afghanistan.All current military operations worldwide would have to cease and all the troops and equipment would have to be brought back to america in order to be able to occupy and secure just a few states.

There would be no boundaries denoting enemy territory and government territory, there would be no uniformed rebel armies, the enemy could be anywhere and everywhere, they enemy could be anyone and everyone.

Another huge obstacle for the government would be paying for a prolonged war. The people won`t be paying any taxes, since the government is already trying to kill the people what worse punishment could they use to make people pay taxes? Whats the worst that could happen if you didn`t pay your taxes? the government would kill you? heck they are already trying to do that in a civil war.
Which foreign countries would be willing to lend the government massive amounts of money for years and years with no hope of ever getting the money back? remember that the government is irradiating and poisoning everything so if/when the war ends the government has no way of creating wealth to pay back the loans.

The only way that the government could "win" a modern civil war is to completely destroy the country.The only way the government could lose a modern civil war is to fight one.

edit on 24-2-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
200 years ago yes. It was musket vs musket, cannon vs cannon. So basically numbers would determine the outcome to an extent. Now it is firearm vs APC's, Body armor, Jdam's, helo's, drones, etc. Those are not good odds.

Gs
edit on 24-2-2013 by GermanShep because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2013 by GermanShep because: Grammar

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
doesn't anyone think that maybe, just maybe, there are foreign sources trying their best to get americans riled up enough to start a civil war?....jesus people, put alittle thought into this

what better way to bring down the US...no bombs, no weapons, no losses...just keep stirring up the idea of a failed government, that is against it's own people, and will stop at nothing to kill their own fellow americans...critical thought is needed here....has the term "divide and conquer" ever been more apparent?
edit on 24-2-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
doesn't anyone think that maybe, just maybe, there are foreign sources trying their best to get americans riled up enough to start a civil war?....jesus people, put alittle thought into this

BINGO! the only winners in a modern american civil war would be non americans.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Hm, okay, I stand corrected. I learned about it years ago, but the army part was all that stuck. Snappy uniforms and issued weapons and all that.
I guess when you're an infant country and barely out of British citizenship, you use what you can get.

Taking that to the original topic-- I wonder if it could be true that the government has learned from history and is planning countermeasures accordingly. It also has more advanced weaponry than in the past, and as the OP mentioned, there's the biological warfare aspect.

edit on 24-2-2013 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sajuek

Why are Americans deluded into thinking they could win a civil war?
Is there any other option?

Civil War

: [color=89C4B9]a war between opposing groups of citizens of the same country

American Civilians are American.
The American Government is American.

I guarantee that in an American Civil War, which would consist of Americans vs. Americans, Americans will most definitely win.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I don't think there are really even winners in wars myself. Look at the debt that comes from protecting the power. Desire to be more powerful than others is not a real intellectual trait. It is a trait of animals. Do humans need these weapons. I guess we do in this reality.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
remember when OWS (occupy wall street) first started? there were ordinary citizens out on the street, no "hippies" (stupid term), no dressed in black-masked radicals destroying property...just moms and dads and old people, young people, regular folks that never demonstated before....notice how quickly they were infiltrated with the classic photogenic provocetuers of destruction, suitable for the MSM consumable stereotype. they were quickly pigeonholed as a small minority, slightly crazy, "fringe" group, and not worthy of undue attention.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Winning or losing in the beginning isn't important.
That will be decided later.Halting the progress until more effective means could be employed would be the job.
Doing nothing?
Thats just a matter of skill and intestinal fortitude,we have FAR more of both.
Personally I do tend to doubt they would be that stupid,but they keep topping themselves in that regard.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
OWS scared the crap out of the wealthy, why?...because there were plain, ordinary, people pushing for change in a very visable way. the wealthy needed to put it down fast and hard, because it KNEW (this type) of OWS had the power to grow into something that could not be stopped, if it got any larger, and more widespread. the moment was there, and i, along with millions of other regular citizens, failed to recognize it, or were too apathetic to participate in it's growth.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by GermanShep
200 years ago yes. It was musket vs musket, cannon vs cannon. So basically numbers would determine the outcome to an extent. Now it is firearm vs APC's, Body armor, Jdam's, helo's, drones, etc. Those are not good odds.

tell that to the taliban, and other terrorist in afghanistan.
first they stood up to the soviet union, one of the most merciless regimes that has ever been. and during that time had the most armor in the world, also they had two of the most effective attack and transport helicopters that could double as gunships ever built, their fighters and bombers weren't to shabby either.

now the U.S. didn't learn their lesson from veitnam or from the mistakes the soviets made in afghanistan and they are still their holding their own and the U.S. is about to pull out. and in time they will be right back like they were from the beginning. we didn't accomplish any thing. other than keep the drug trade going. the taliban are still alive and kicking, al-qaeda is still alive and kicking, and who know how many lesser know groups are still there.

hell we blew the tops off of whole mountain ranges off and they are still scurrying around like cockroaches.
so don't discount what a determined gorillas force can do.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sajuek

What you're trying to say is that its useless to resist? pfffffft.

What a dumb topic to discuss with Europeans
edit on 24-2-2013 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
First of all, a war against the government is a revolutionary war, not a civil war.

The use of biological and nuclear weapons would take out both sides, so it would be lose lose for the government.

2ndly, the global corporate empire that has gained control over the US government desperately needs the resources of the US economy to maintain their global empire. They would have to defend themselves against their global enemies, while trying to fight an enemy that is their greatest source of power.

This would not be a war with two different armies marching against each other. It would be a gorilla war, fought by the people who originally invented it.

The US civilian population would be, by far the most formidable force the US military has ever met. The best supplied, the best equipped, and the best trained.

The US military would face major issues when it came to loyalty. Keeping anything a secret would be practically impossible, and sabotage on US bases would be a major problem.

A US civilian war against the US military would have the technological advantage. While at the beginning, the US military would have more advances equipment, as time went on, the civilian army would become better equipped.

How long before US hackers took control of all military computers, satellites, the power grid?

Lastly, if the political divide in the US were to come together against a common enemy, that enemy at the current time would not stand a chance, which is why they must keep us divided, for the PTB to have a remote chance of succeeding.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join