It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are Americans deluded into thinking they could win a civil war?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Feltrick

You hit on many salient points. Once the infrastructure starts to crumble, many in the urban areas will turn their backs on the Feds.

One point you did miss though is medical issues. There are more disabled in urban areas than rural, just because the services are closer. Once loved ones start to die because of the lack of services, people will start to get pissed. Propaganda will only last so long.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
The next civil war if there is one will just be a show for the people in power, they will control both sides just like in any other war.

I think there is no chance things are going to change, ever! People are just generally greedy and only think for themselves. You get rid of one government, and the next one will be just as bad.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
One thing to think about when you say the patriots could not win against the government, and compare the modern insurrection to the civil war, is, if the south had the same manufacturing facilities the north had they would have won that war. You think the people whom the government has branded as terrorists themselves will fight for that government against their brothers, sisters and friends? They already know ...the only way to win is not to play!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I think the premise if off. A true civil war is going to involve military commanders choosing sides. Once that happens, then it's on.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Its worth trying to fight.. people can do amazing things when its all or nothing for them and their loved ones. A coward surrenders. Are you suggesting we give up and give in? If so, you are a weak coward.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
What is really needed in America, for its long established modalities to carry on, is for the top of the society to confront the next echelon down, give them a good bitch slapping and tell them that their greed is going to overturn the applecart for EVERYBODY.

In America the top takes too much off the table. That is America's problem in a nutshell.

When the economy shrinks it has to shrink at all levels. No segment or segments of the economy can be allowed to insulate themselves from these cyclic downturns.

No vehicle can go in two directions at once without a crackup.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by VariableConstant
reply to post by sajuek

You say the "government" would do all these things. Our government is mostly made up of rich old people who probably can't even shop for their own groceries. Desk types who do not have the ability to do anything you've described.

The military has the capabilities, but do you honestly think they would be dumping smallpox in the rivers they grew up fishing in? Setting off nukes in their home towns? Strafing convoys of civilians, including their own families? Absurd.
edit on 24-2-2013 by VariableConstant because: (no reason given)

You've never bared witness to the atrocities an average dictator inflicts upon his own people then?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiraCity
Its worth trying to fight.. people can do amazing things when its all or nothing for them and their loved ones. A coward surrenders. Are you suggesting we give up and give in? If so, you are a weak coward.
Give up and give in what?

There is no war against the government, and i doubt there ever will be. In this day and age, in a modern country like the USA (or even parts of Europe for that matter) the majority of people will never feel the need to rise up against their own government unless they feel they are all in danger of their lives. Why would they? most people live better lives now then they ever have and most people (falsely) believe that they are free and can change the government by voting.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by sajuek

The majority of Americans aren't used to everyone dieing around them

I thought this line of yours was hilarious!! I don't know anyone who is used to everyone dying around them. I wouldn't even think soldiers are used to everyone dying around them. So obviously, the majority (or ALL) Americans aren't used to everyone dying around them.

Although I didn't read your entire post, I do think we as civilians would have more trouble than we could handle during a civil war. Why do I think this?? Well, look at what the U.S. did/does during the recent "civil wars" in the middle east. WE meddle in their wars; and I think that exact thing would happen here in the US if we were fighting a civil war. I think other countries would assist our government in defeating the people.

Why would other countries assist? Well one reason is because the UN wants to take our guns away, so they would be pro-US government. Another is that the super elite running the world (NWO) want to destroy America's sovereignty. When those two things happen, there is nothing stopping the NWO.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by sajuek

Please tell me what resource you would starve the government of in order to make it lose by attrition.

Please outline what targets you would hit in order to damage the governments war effort against you.

Please describe how you would deal any sort of damage to the USN and USAF who are based off-shore.

No, I'm not American.

If plans existed to answer these questions, there is no way anyone would ever proclaim them on a governemnt monitored internet website, unless they are fuly ignorant. No telling who is reading a post or not in here.

God Bless,

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by sajuek

Did you know that most percentages are wrong?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sajuek

I'm an american and I don't think any resistance would stand a chance... We allowed the US military to grow into an incredible force... If other military's of other countries can't handle the US, how do you expect a small militia to handle it...

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I would read all you can about whats going on in Syria now, 'them' is the Syrian army/government, 'us' is a mixture of every Muslim creed/faction/splinter group you could think of, sometimes fighting the Syrian army, sometimes slaughtering any civilian they come across, civil war at its worst, just read.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff
I would read all you can about whats going on in Syria now, 'them' is the Syrian army/government, 'us' is a mixture of every Muslim creed/faction/splinter group you could think of, sometimes fighting the Syrian army, sometimes slaughtering any civilian they come across, civil war at its worst, just read.

I had this same thought not more than an hour ago, but an entirely different topic .

Capitolism will finally fall, and when it does it will go through stages of Governments...

Capitalism has a natural cycle and continuously decays into Fascism due to the economic law of economies of scale.” – Craig Harris
"Fascism is capitalism in decay" - Vladimir Lenin

edit on 25-2-2013 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I think it's just a mass delusion or something. Too many Die Hard movies?

American citizens may talk the talk but they can't walk the walk. They have gone the way of other western civilizations - fat and pampered and too obsessed with things like the X Factor. Which is why contestants and audiences react like 5 year olds at the mention of going to Hollywood ...
But the thing that was a real eye opener was the way the US citizenry queued for their swine flu shots at the height of the scare.
All this tough talk - it's just a minority - and they haven't a hope in hell.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Boils down to "give me liberty, or give me death"

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by sajuek

Turn that on its head and think... Why people think its deluded to die int he name of ideas. Its foolishness of the highest order not to die for what people beleave in because it happens every day.

If there was a breakup and civil war in the USA it would likely be a bloodbath. And that is the point.

To look at it as. Oh the tyrants will win anyway isn't the point. its staring at the barrel of the gun knowing the person about to kill you is a coward and will go on living a coward.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
the peoplle certainly wont have a very good chance once tptb take all the guns away. which is just what theyre doing. disarming the public/law abiding citizens...not the criminals. its hard to win a revolution with a slingshot agains m4's and ar's

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The OP brings up some valid points, but you also have to consider some of the numbers. According to Hunting Trends (PDF) of only the 17 states reviewed there are on average 21 million + people with hunting licenses. That alone is more then 10 times the number of the largest military in the world China 1.7 million. Now count current serving military, ex-military, people with registered firearms, unregistered firearms etc. The number of possible armed combatants is ludicrous.

The only way those in control of the Government could defeat the People in a full out confrontation if it really came down to it would be to do something drastic and preemptive like a bio weapons attack or man made cataclysm.

I'm sure their think tanks have figured it out and if it came down to it they would opt to do what has worked for all the other groups in power throughout history when they are in hot water, start a war, do a false flag, create a situation of fear and chaos and pose as the saviors. Although this day and age it would have to be on a much grandeur scale...
edit on 25-2-2013 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I'm sure you will find the scenario of an American Revolution has already been discussed in NATO and the Nations Of Evil Doers.

Most of the civilized world will be terrified of the prospect of a large number of American Anarchists running the once great nation. NATO would step in to help if nessessary to root out the US domestic evil doers.
Even little old pacifist me would happily take up arms to ensure that gun toting nutters wrapped up in ancient history doesn't bring down the one nation still in a position to help keep the world peace.

The so called US Patriots are nothing but potential terrorists carefully groomed by foreign powers or US Big business ( or both ) to destabilize USofA.

You ( the US ) is only a great nation by might. You have the potential to be a great nation by deed and thought.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join